Posted in music | pictures | venues on July 17, 2012

photos by Ryan Muir

Williamsburg Park

New Williamsburg outdoor concert venue Williamsburg Park opens for business with three shows this week. We stopped by this afternoon to check out the progress and take some pictures while they were busy getting ready for tonight's Counting Crows show (7/17). We won't be back tonight, but we are looking forward to Refused & Off! on Wednesday, and for the free comedy on Thursday. Check out more pictures of the giant space, pretty sky-painted ground included, below...

Williamsburg Park

say hi to the sponsors...

Williamsburg Park

you might recognize this stage as the one the pope used when he visited Yankee Stadium

Williamsburg Park

lots of food and alcohol options and you'll be able to carry your beer anywhere you want within the venue

plenty of portapotties...

Williamsburg Park

in line for Counting Crows already???

Williamsburg Park

Check out the full schedule of shows, as of this posting, HERE

Hope there is no reverb off that HUGH tin metal building right next to the stage!

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 2:55 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 2:55 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:00 PM

Huge losers in this picture.

Also, you wait IN line, within the line. You don't wait ON it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:00 PM

looks shitty. but I guess that's what I expected.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:00 PM

The original floor idea was going to be painted a nice tan color... In homage of Williamsburg's favorite legume, the chickpea.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:00 PM

Looks.... cool... I think...?

Posted by Drugs Delaney | July 17, 2012 3:02 PM

cool venuu!

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:02 PM

Lacoste...guess that means a guaranteed booking for Vampire Weekend

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:04 PM

DEATH TO BEER JAIL

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:05 PM

how long do you think that white and sky blue paint is going to last before its hackey sacked off?

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:07 PM

Is there a view of the river and Manhattan, looking away from the stage? And where exactly is the entrance, on N12th St. west of Kent?

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:13 PM

Lacoste = WORSE THAN HITLER

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:13 PM

i saw it last week...they have really pushed this thing along since then...looks great! and now the crowd can enjoy the city view rather than the artists...

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:15 PM

Does Oasis have a food tent there?

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:19 PM

Holy shit, I cannot wait to walk the fuck out of that place.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:27 PM

So, all the concrete and none of the views or sea presence of the waterfront. Lemme guess -- "it's a step up, kids"

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:29 PM

this is basically the view from near the stage towards kent.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:32 PM

anyone know if the still have "beer gardens" Cause if not, i could give 2 fu*ks about the view

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:39 PM

"Also, you wait IN line, within the line. You don't wait ON it."

You are in fucking New York, it's ON line. If you want to say in line and drink pop, go back to the midwest you transient hipster transplant. I'm sorry your hometown sucks and you had to leave, but don't try changing where you moved to.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:40 PM

Hey 3:00 please leave the IDIOTS alone. Thank you

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:43 PM

you could get a pretty 'exclusive' look by just wandering around there the past week too

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:49 PM

3:32: Thanks now I get it, the stage is basically on the west end and the last photo with the people on/in line is facing south. No views of the river or stuy town, con ed or empire state bldg (see Les Claypool's comment "why are you looking at us? with such a view behind you"). So the music is now being played towards the residential section and not out onto the river. Should be louder in the neighborhood, another plus[sarcasm].... wow, who thought of this lay out. Thanks. See you at the Jayhawks show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 3:54 PM

this post brought to you by AEG Live.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:01 PM

Oooooo, awesome! This must be the comment/waiting list for all the trendy hipster entitlements requests! Sign me the fuck up then! Woo hoo!

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:01 PM

these pics would look hella nicer on instagram

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:04 PM

anyone know what time the refused show is tomorrow? all i can find is 5:30pm doors

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:05 PM

this has nothing to do with YTNA.SNIL

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:14 PM

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

S P I N D O C T O R S

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:15 PM

Everyone knows me as the anonymous commenter who usually likes things, but this layout looks terrible. Please make the Bob Mould show indoors again, thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:15 PM

I thought the show was at McCarren Parking Lot?

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:31 PM

this is gonna be so awesome in the winter

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 4:45 PM

"A park is a protected area, in its natural or semi-natural state, or planted, and set aside for human recreation and enjoyment, or for the protection of wildlife or natural habitats. It may consist of rocks, soil, water, flora and fauna and grass areas."

This is not a park. It's deliberate false advertising by the OSA and misleads the consumer into believing it to be a comfortable environment. They should rename it the appropriate "Williamsburg Concrete Slab".

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 5:15 PM

"Also, you wait IN line, within the line. You don't wait ON it."

3:40 PM

You wait on line? Wow! Your inbred as hell.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 6:14 PM

If you are going to correct someone's grammar, it is YOU'RE not your. Jackass.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 6:52 PM

"You have no grasp on the English language or grammar. Are you from Uptown Manhattan or Buffalo?
You wait on line? Wow! Your inbred as hell."

No, I am a descriptive grammarian. There is no definite rule to the English language. In New York, it is "wait[ing] ON line". Period. If you prefer the way it is said back in your hometown in the Midwest, how about you move back there? I'm sure there is always room for another corn farmer, coal miner, or whatever hick job your toothless inbred parents had.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 6:53 PM

Whose inbred does hell belong to?

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 6:55 PM

Man hope they bring the pot

Posted by Sam | July 17, 2012 7:11 PM

does that stage seem small for such a large venue?

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 7:48 PM

Low, semi-enclosed stage and a flat concrete floor, surrounded by more concrete and steel? Sightlines and sound could be dicey at best.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 8:11 PM

This shit sucks- completely soulless. This is what a concert venue in N Korea must look like.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 8:36 PM

Why lkkmotor so cheaper than any other

Posted by Motorcycle parts | July 17, 2012 9:08 PM

Make of the midwest, south, or Canada, or wherever you want... If you say "wait on line" you sound like a fucking idiot.

Ellis Island's heyday was a long time ago.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 10:00 PM

But if you criticize people for saying "wait on line", and then use "your" instead of "you're"....

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 10:51 PM

...and it's grasp "of" the English language, not "on".

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 11:08 PM

As someone who grew up in various parts of the NY/NJ area (which for the record is the only place in the world where you will ever hear the expression "on line" used colloquially), I've found myself defaulting to saying "in line" when there is a prepositional object involved.

ie, "I'm waiting in line for Counting Crows."

But if I'm selling tickets to Counting Crows on craigslist, and the people who are buying them call me and ask where I am, I would find myself saying "I'm on line."

Point is, none of this fucking matters at all. The whole extremist "native New Yorker" movement is almost as annoying as the gentrification of the city itself.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2012 11:18 PM

Today the line to enter mamouns was so long it went out the door and onto the street... I refer to that situation as waiting "out line".

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 12:14 AM

6:53 PM Use to wait "on line" as a kid in New Jersey to get beat up for flapping his mouth in grade school & now is needing to get a hug from every commenter as he waits online on his computer in the basement.

In computer technology and telecommunication, online and offline are defined by Federal Standard 1037C. They are states or conditions of a "device or equipment" or of a "functional unit". To be considered online, one of the following must apply to a device:

* Under the direct control of another device
* Under the direct control of the system with which it is associated
* Available for immediate use on demand by the system without human intervention
* Connected to a system, and is in operation
* Functional and ready for service

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 2:16 AM

If you are going to correct someone's grammar, it is YOU'RE not your. Jackass.
6:52 PM

Yes thats correct. Using your when it should be you're is a common mistake when typing fast that happens with many people.
On the other hand completely misusing a word egotistically in the wrong context is a malapropism.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 2:53 AM

If you are sitting around at 2 in the morning and you have nothing better to do than write Kaczynski-like manifestos around the proper use of grammar on anonymous internet blogs, you really ought to soberly consider how your life became so meaningless and full of fail.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 5:15 AM

people will argue about ANYTHING in this place

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 7:39 AM

^I've got no horse in this race...this is my first post on (or is it "in" you overly anal people) this thread...but I hope you realize that chastising someone at 5am in the morning for typing manifestos at 2am in the morning seems a bit silly.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 7:50 AM

You wait on line? Wow! Your inbred as hell."
There are two errors here, other than the whole "on line/in line" thing.
"grasp on" should be "grasp of"
"Your" should be "You're".

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 10:12 AM

7:50 - some people that actually work for a living are already in the office by then. Then again, some may consider "chastising" someone before 8:00 is a bit silly too, amirite

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 11:20 AM

You're all gay, and by "gay" I mean "on line for gay things that gay people do." Gay.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 11:43 AM

Please work out all the audio and logistical bugs before the Descendants hit the stage in Sept. Thank you.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 11:51 AM

start times for tonight? for off and refused?

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 11:52 AM

i would think doors 530p off 630p refused 730p time to get in line!

Also to 11:51am - I am fairly certain the sound is sorted out already. Counting Crows would have nothing less for their fans!

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 12:17 PM

11:20 - If you're already in the office by 2am or 5am, it's time to start looking for another job.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 3:06 PM

Anyone KNOW the set times for tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 3:22 PM

Ditto - set times for tonight would be really helpful. Anyone?

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 3:31 PM

Set times for tonight:

OFF - Never
Refused - Not tonight

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 6:17 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 5:15 AM

At 5:15 AM in the morning he says. Makes perfect sense. I was actually getting home from work at 2am.
Have fun at Kinkos Ted.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 10:41 PM

If you don't know anyone that is getting up at or before 5:15 AM to go to work, you are an overgrown toddler that should forfeit his life for someone more deserving to live it.

If you get home from work at 2 AM and the paramount thing on your mind is to correct an anonymous poster's grammar on some internet blog, you are an overgrown toddler with an inflated sense of self-worth that should forfeit his life for someone more deserving to live it.

Either way you crack it, you fail brah. You are adorable in your persistence. Perhaps The Village Voice will be hiring fact checkers again once the economy turns around a bit. It will be better than washing pans.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 11:27 PM

^people get up before 5:15 Am to work? Yikes. Looooosers.

Me, I rarely get up before 10.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 11:35 PM

lol as if writing multiple paragraph posts criticizing someone's use of "your" vs "you're" is perfectly normal lol yup of course yer normal, keep telling yerself that skippy lol lol lol lol

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 11:35 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2012 5:15 AM

You use the expression "full of fail," as if "fail" is a noun. But it is not a noun. "Fail" is a verb. "Failure" is the word you were looking for. "Full of failure." (By the way, "Full of Failure" also happens to be the name of my upcoming memoir. Ha! I burned myself before anyone else could! There's nothing you can do to me! Now I'm going to go drown myself in a bucket of dirty water, so I won't even be alive to read anyone's response to this. Fuck me a thousandfold.)

Posted by Anonymous | July 19, 2012 12:21 AM

Does anyone out there know if there will be metal chairs put out for tonight's comedy show; and if not, can folks bring their own folding chairs?

Posted by Perry Parker | July 19, 2012 9:40 AM

Can you email me with some pointers on how you made your site look this awesome, I would appreciate it.

Posted by jocuri | September 4, 2012 4:34 PM

Very interesting article, I look forward to more research coming out regarding the remaining two thirds

Posted by Youtube | September 28, 2012 6:01 PM

I love it when hipsters expose their racism. Lucky for yous your behind a computer screen anonymous. Enjoy your privlieges

Posted by Clever | September 30, 2012 5:42 AM

Me to! I post to let people know how cool is this page. I don't know is about the money but is cool! I just wait until the next time!

Posted by Arab Ladies | October 4, 2012 7:51 AM

Williamsburgs park is beautiful

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:11 PM

I wonder what bands have played lately at Williamsburgs park? Williamsburg park has a lot of Portable toilets. I guess people need to go after drinking tons of alcohol.

Posted by ontario honey | October 20, 2012 6:30 PM

people get up before 5:15 Am to work? Yikes. Looooosers.
Me, I rarely get up before 10.

Posted by mbc 3 | October 22, 2012 10:41 AM

Posted by jeux gratuits de ben 10 ultimate alien | October 22, 2012 10:49 AM

Posted by games | November 6, 2012 1:04 AM

that this photo looks perfect! beautiful, equal to the sky

Posted by Manutenção Automotiva | April 22, 2013 8:53 PM

http://www.foodsthatboostyourmetabolism.com/food-combinations-that-burn-fat/ This is the worst article of all, I've read, You are the worst writer. Thank you, this is the worst thing I've read. Reading this article - the gift of your time

Posted by Foods That boosty your metabolism recipes | August 10, 2013 2:01 AM

Posted by Foods That boosty your metabolism recipes | August 10, 2013 2:02 AM

http://www.fatburningfoodsformen1.com/low-fat-low-cholesterol-diet-cookbook-plan-recipes-uk-for-weight-loss/ I am a long time ago I read your blog and has long been saying that you're a great writer. Say "thanks" you to your parents that they gave you the world

Posted by Fast Metabolism Diet Recipes Yummy | August 10, 2013 2:03 AM

http://obatpelangsingherbaltubuhcepat.com/obat-herbal-untuk-pelangsing-tubuh/ I found what I was looking for. great article, thanks. Subscribed to your blog, thanks. I can not figure out how do I subscribe to your blog

Posted by fat burning foods for men | August 10, 2013 2:04 AM

http://www.fastmetabolismdietrecipes.com/master-your-metabolism-recipes-250-fat-torching-recipes-yummy/ Thank you for your work. Article helped me a lot. Really worthwhile article. Pay attention Hey, buddy, I have not figured out how to subscribe

Posted by Obat Pelangsing | August 10, 2013 2:05 AM

http://www.foodsthatincreasemetabolismandburnfat.com/foods-that-burn-belly-fat-for-men/ I am looking for a competent writer, long time in this area. Excellent article!
I have read not one article on your blog. You're a big lad

Posted by produk k link | August 10, 2013 2:06 AM

this is one of the best articles on this website. definitely excellent information and hope to read more. awesome. this is the information i have been

Posted by vue 8 | October 22, 2013 10:14 AM

love it! very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thanks for sharing information that is actually helpful.

Posted by sea horizon | November 3, 2013 5:33 AM