Posted in metal | music | tour dates on July 12, 2012

Barghest/False art
False

Louisiana black metal crew Barghest (members of Thou) and Minneapolis crew False will team up for a split due on Gilead Media on September 17. The 12" LP will feature three tracks in total, two of which come courtesy of the former, with the third being a whopper/epic jam from False. Stream the entire thing (in two parts) below.

False, who's monster self-titled debut hit last year (also via Gilead Media), will spend the tail-end of August through September on the road, tagging dates from coast to coast. The shows include a Brooklyn stop on September 8th at Acheron with Mortals.

All tour dates (the tour is still in the works) are below, along streams of the first False record and the split.

FALSE - 2012 TOUR DATES
8/31 - Minneapolis, MN
9/1 - Milwaukee - House early show, late show at Quarters.
9/2 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Harrison House
9/18 - Denver, CO - Blastomat
9/19 - Albuquerque, NM - House show
9/20 - Las Cruces, NM - The Trainyard
9/21 - Phoenix, AZ
9/22 - San Diego, CA
9/23 - Los Angeles, CA - Blue Café
9/24 - Los Angeles CA - Vacation Vinyl (early show), LAPP Pad (late show)
9/25 - San Jose, CA
9/26 - Oakland, CA
9/27 - San Francisco, CA
9/28 - Santa Rose, CA
9/29 - Sacramento, CA
9/30 - Chico, CA
10/1 - Salem, OR
10/2 - Portland, OR - Beach House (early show), The Space (late show)
10/3 - Olympia, WA
10/4 - Seattle, WA
10/5 - Missoula, MT - Zoo City
10/6 - Billings, MT
10/7 - Minot, ND
10/8 - Fargo, ND

Tags: Barghest, False, Thou

True or False...I will be attending this show?

FALSE!

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2012 11:29 AM

Ugh, False are seriously overrated. I don't know what people see in them - they're just another shitty black metal band, and the frontwoman can't even scream properly.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2012 12:04 PM

^true!

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2012 12:31 PM

"scream properly"

hah!

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2012 4:36 PM

I'm sorry but I have to laugh when I hear things like, "Louisiana black Metal" bwahaha. Stick to Fried chicken and southern rock guys.

Posted by Anonymous | July 12, 2012 5:07 PM

fuck haters, False is sick.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 2:41 AM

^ This is the bassist of False. Known douchebag.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 3:24 AM

^ This is the cello player of False. Known dipshit.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 4:58 AM

^ This is a fan of False. Known whiny moron with no defense as to why this band is any good.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 10:43 AM

^ this is a pessimist. Ironically he doesn't understand that false is evoking a certain kind of anger inside them, which is the intention of black metal as a whole.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 11:32 AM

10:43, is your band better?

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 11:43 AM

Posted by Bono | July 13, 2012 11:50 AM

11:32 - Funny, if 10:43 is a pessimist, that makes him pretty black metal, no?

And way to come up with an extremely vague representation of black metal's intentions - 'evoking a certain kind of anger inside them' - fucking laughable, hahahaha. I wouldn't listen to this band with that recommendation. Hell, plenty of bands do that, and the majority of them are shitty, when they don't have anything to offer other than just being angry.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 1:51 PM

1:51 - what am i, supposed to write out a fucking thesis on black metal on brooklyn vegan comments?

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 2:57 PM

2:57 - Somehow, I doubt you could write out a coherent, intelligent thesis on it even outside of BV comments, if you're implying that you dumb down the way you speak about music just because you're on a particular site.

Pretty much every False fan I've talked to is the same - whenever I ask them why they think False is good, they just dodge the question or come up with some useless descriptor like 'brutal' or 'angry', neither of which make a band good, much less good black metal. It's like talking to a fucking Disturbed fan, ffs.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 3:32 PM

3:32 - maybe you should formulate your own opinion based on your experience rather than asking others.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 4:16 PM

4:16 - I'm 3:32. I think they suck. There. That's my opinion, and I have reasons why I think so (the vocalist has bad technique, they're incredibly contrived *angry* bm with no real substance or emotion, I've seen them live and their stage presence was about as dull and uninspired as their music to the point I dozed off several times in spite of the din, I could go on...).

The point of asking others who think they're good is to try and understand what others see in them, in case I'm missing something, but the generally inept answers I get makes me think people can't even qualify their own aesthetic judgements. I probably shouldn't be so surprised by that.

Posted by Anonymous | July 13, 2012 6:50 PM

Wow, I love how you all keep coming back to argue about it, as if your opinion actually means anything important. False isn't groundbreaking. There is another band from the US already called False. Yeah they sound pretty much exactly like Emperor. But you're forgetting the fact that pretty much every band is over-rated. It's all simple riff structured rock music using bass, guitar, drums, and keyboards. If you look at it the right way, all bands suck and are over-rated. But False has no bad sound to them. They play well and are keeping a great style of music alive where I see almost no other bands pulling it off well or even trying. So if you really have nothing better to do than come to some hipster website and talk shit, I think it is you who has no substance to offer this world.

Posted by Anonymous | September 10, 2012 5:22 AM

was good.

Posted by Anonymous | September 10, 2012 11:47 PM

"They play well and are keeping a great style of music alive where I see almost no other bands pulling it off well or even trying."

do you actually even try to find other bands that play this style? just because you trendy hipsters just heard about black metal doesn't mean nobody else is doing it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 12, 2012 8:42 AM

Ha! Whining about "trendy hipsters". You're on a site called BROOKLYN VEGAN you fucking dumbass. What do you expect?

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2012 10:13 AM

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back someday.

Posted by vue 8 | November 16, 2013 12:43 AM