Archers of Loaf at Webster Hall (more by Chris Gersbeck)
today in NYC
* Lovelife @ Glasslands
* Furthur @ MCU Park
* Blood Trio @ The Stone
* Tycho, Onuinu @ Webster Hall
* Ronnie Spector @ City Winery
* Paperdoll, Mancie @ Mercury Lounge
* Ilusha Tsinadze's Deda Ena @ Joe's Pub
* Drop the Lime, Night People @ Le Bain
* 4Knots Festival @ South Street Seaport
* Sightings, Smoota, Lone Wolf @ Union Pool
* Thurston Moore, Loren Connors @ The Stone
* Nass Gnawa, Lagos Disco Inferno @ Zebulon
* Mmoss, Woodsman, Ami Dang @ Death By Audio
* 'Saturday Night Fever' w/ Tragedy @ Prospect Park
* Tacocat, Slutever, Hilly Eye @ Shea Stadium
* Bushwick Walkabout @ Brooklyn Fireproof East
* Browns, Riverwild, The Dead Roses @ Union Pool
* Slava, Alan Watts, Y.O.U., Comadrone @ Big Snow
* Sunglasses, Tony Castles, Lingerie @ Glasslands
* Cam'ron, Flatbush Zombies, Asaad & Reese @ The Well
* Bhi Bhiman, Justin Robinson & the Mary Annettes @ Joe's Pub
* Zulus, EULA, Ferocious Fucking Teeth @ Free Candy
* La Coka Nostra, Jedi Mind Tricks @ Gramercy Theatre
* Ben Kweller, Blitzen Trapper @ Stuyvesant Town Oval
* Ozomatli, Toy Selektah @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Matthew Dear (DJ set), Sleepy & Boo @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Ana Tijoux, Rebel Diaz, Javiera Mena @ Knitting Factory
* Jasmine Solano, CSC Funk Band, Melo X @ Knitting Factory
* Wild Yaks, Shilpa Ray, The Immaculates, Don't @ Cake Shop
* The Juliets, Thick Paint, Qurious, Ivory Daggers @ Pianos
* Celestial Shore, Doldrums, Zula, Austin Vaughn @ MuchMore's
* The 6th Annual Psychobilly Luau Weekender @ The Bell House
* Rumors, Fantasmas, Nic Berlin, Teen Fiction @ Bowery Electric
* Parquet Courts, The Gradients, Island Twins, Husky @ 929 XPO
* Electric Umbilical Cord, Weeknight, Marble Fawn @ Cameo Gallery
* The Vansaders, Wig Party, The Goodnight Darlings @ Mercury Lounge
* Moon Boots, Kill Paris, Kaviar Disco Club (DJ set) @ Cameo Gallery
* Mykki Blanco, Alex Anwandter, Adrianigual, Splash @ 285 Kent Avenue
* 'Bound for Glory' screening w/ Billy Bragg, Steve Earle @ Boardwalk at Coney Island
* Joe Jack Talcum, The Bastards of Fate, Toby Goodshank @ The Rock Shop
* Ecstatic Summer w/ Oneohtrix Point Never, David Lang, A Far Cry @ World Financial Center
* The Brought Low, Mellow Bravo, Cropduster, Year of the Dragon @ The Gutter
* Kinky, Los Auténticos Decadentes, 3Ball Mty, Dj Raff @ Central Park Summerstage
* Black Lips, Kid Congo Powers and The Pink Monkey Birds @ Beekman Beer Garden
* A Far Cry Orchestra, Oneohtrix Point Never, David Lang @ World Financial Center
* MNDR, HITS, Mr. Little Jeans, Foxes, Starsmith, Punks Jump Up @ Brooklyn Bowl
* A Balance Between, Speak Easy, The Death Of Me, Man On Fire, Caught By A Lion @ Maxwell's
* Georgia Anne Muldrow, Dudley Perkins, Spoek Mathambo, Thundercat @ Weeksville Heritage Center
* Terrence Parker, D3 (Mark Flash, Jon Dixon, DeSean Jones), Ron Morelli, Jeremie Delon, Steve Summers @ MoMA PS1
* Busta Rhymes and Friends, Marty Speak, Chuuwee, Fat Tony, $amhill, Ka, Clear Soul Forces, Charmingly Ghetto @ Brooklyn Bridge Park
* Bushwick Walkabout w/ Xylos, Ravens & Chimes, Pre War, The Yes Way, Lean Hounds, The Loom, Hollis Brown, The Courtesy Tier, The Lost Revival, Aviation Orange, The Glorious Veins, The Skins @ Brooklyn Fireproof East
Lot of cool free things happening today: The 4Knots Festival is at South Street Seaport today, with a seriously solid line-up including Archers of Loaf, The Drums, Crocodiles, Hospitality and Bleached. Nick Waterhouse is worth getting there early for (1:30PM). There's an afterparty (not free) at Beekman Beer Garden with The Black Lips and Jonathan Toubin.
If you're looking for something nearby to do after 4Knots, the indie/classical Ecstatic Summer series at the World Financial Center Plaza has a collaboration between Oneohtrix Point Never and Bang on a Can composter David Lang, plus A Far Cry. 7PM, also free.
It's also Woody Guthrie's 100th Birthday today, with a free beachside screening of Woody biopic Bound for Glory and performances by Billy Bragg and Steve Earle.
You can also check out the free Summer Thunder series at Union Pool today with Sightings, Smoota, and Lone Wolf.
In more NYC festival news, tonight marks the conclusion of The Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival with a show at Brooklyn Bridge Park in DUMBO headlined by Busta Rhymes.
The Spy Music Festival is still ongoing.
Follow Brooklynvegan on Instagram.
We're throwing a photo show at 92YTribeca in August.
Cake Shop is having another benefit night tonight, with door proceeds going to supplement their PledgeMusic Campaign. The Band in Heaven (who are playing the tough noon slot on the 4Knots Skipper's Stage today) have been added to the bill that includes Wild Yaks, Shilpa Ray, The Immaculates, and DON'T. $10 - 15 sliding scale at the door.
Tonight is also the long-awaited opening of Bushwick rock megaplex The Well/The Wick with Cam'ron christening the venue's stage, with Flatbush Zombies, and Asaad & Reese. The party is from 4PM to 10PM and tickets are still available.