Posted in To Do | music on July 25, 2012

Wilco at Prospect Park, 7/23/2012 (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)

today in NYC
Technicolor Teeth, Acid Glasses, Golden Clouds @ Death By Audio
TED Talks w/ Jon Benjamin, Julie Klausner, and more @ Littlefield
Allen Stone, Elizabeth and The Catapult, Anthony Hall @ Bowery Ballroom
Deidre & The Dark, Fast Years, The Living Kills, Lorna Dune @ Glasslands
Alberich, Chaos Majik, Swollen Organs, Compactor, Theologian @ Saint Vitus
Water Scores: Part 1 Altered Spades: Fables of a Mutated Harlem @ The Stone
The Babies, Wild Yaks, Beach Day, Daytona, Total Slacker (DJ set) @ Public Assembly
Milk!, Megg Farrell's Whiskey Social, Chamber Band, Kendy Gable, Jack Wilson @ Pianos
Evans Blue, State Your Cause, Jolly, Ascending From Ashes, The Latanza Heist @ The Studio at Webster Hall
Open Mike Eagle, Mega Ran, Billy Woods, PremRock, Willie Green, Adam (Nasa), Brzowski, Mo Niklz @ Cameo Gallery

Tonight's Summerscreen movie in McCarren Park is treacly '80s hit Dirty Dancing with preceding musical acts Telepathe, Vaz and Prince Rama. Maybe one of them will cover "She's Like the Wind"?

You can keep your free Williamsburg evening going by heading to 285 Kent to see Shark?, Darlings, Celestial Shore, and RElyse -- though anything you want to pay at the door will go to funding Showpaper.

Follow @BrooklynVegan on Twitter.
Follow @bvChicago for just Chicago stuff.
Also follow @bvAustin for just Austin stuff.

Be our friend on Facebook too, and BV Austin's friend on Facebook and BV Chicago's friend on Facebook.

Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.

Happy Birthday to Thurston Moore who is 54 today. Watch him explain the "grunge pedal" on a classic 120 Minutes clip below.

King Dude's got a new 7", the first single from his forthcoming album Burning Daylight. You can stream it below.

Hot Chip, who just played two shows in NYC, released a video for "How You Do?" from their latest album In Our Heads which you can watch below.

Nardwuar latest interviewee is El-P and you can watch that below too.

Thurston Moore on 120 Minutes

Hot Chip - "How Do You Do?"

King Dude - You Can Break My Heart

Nardwuar Vs. El-P

Average scalped ticket price for Monday night's Wilco show @ Prospect Park in the rain = $10

Average scalped ticket price for Tuesday night's Wilco show @ Prospect Park with Lee Renaldo = $15

Average scalped ticket price for Wednesday night's Wilco show @ T5 = 1 pair free with the purchase of $5 or more at 7-11.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 11:43 AM

Day of tickets still available for Wilco through ticketmaster.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 11:48 AM

Scalped ticket prices last night for Wilco were the same as Monday. Tonight they should be even lower

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:00 PM

Wilco sucks

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:04 PM

^ and racist

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:07 PM

I predict Terminal 5 will go for $30-40 a ticket because you can't hear the music outside the venue. Folks at Prospect park can sit outside and enjoy the music for nothing. Going to T5 is more of an investment and you have more to lose. Also 3,000 people vs 6,000 at prospect??

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:07 PM

11:43: You're an asshole, you know that? Misspelling Lee Ranaldo's name like that. The nerve!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:11 PM

Prospect Park in the rain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T5 for free

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:14 PM

@12:07
You should never predict anything having not a clue in your head. Cheap tickets had nothing to do the last 2 nights with the fact that people could listen outside dum dum. It was that there was just not enough demand. There is even less demand to see them tonight. The worst of the 2 places they are playing here. Terminal 5 tickets are still available through Ticketmaster even now. Most people who really had to go to Wilco and did not have a ticket went the last 2 nights. Any idiot left who would go see them tonight at that crap sounding venue will find many sellers outside desperately trying to get rid of their tickets.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:28 PM

^umm you are making a prediction too and you are wrong...the difference is on craigslist to see...

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:36 PM

12:36 is prob right..nothing on craigs list under $50 right now...sellers holding strong..also I agree it has something to do with people able to hear outside. I went yesterday with the mindset if I dont get a bargin I will just listen outside. Wouldnt venture to T5 without a ticket because if I dont get a ticket I am in the middle of no where and cant hear the show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:40 PM

T5 show - $60 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McCarren Pool for free

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:40 PM

T5 will rock tonight cause all you Brooklyn losers won't be there. I'm gonna pay around $5 and will spend the rest on overpriced booze for me and my bros....
See if you can pick me out in the crowd.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:43 PM

got face value for my extra ticket last night at wilco show with no problem... don't believe all the bs on bv... the scalpers were offering 10-20 bucks... scalpers and that's who's posting...

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:44 PM

Wilco doesn't rock, they wilt

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:47 PM

LULZ Wiltco

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:48 PM

Wilco hammered it last night, great high energy show... they were on it... tweedy's rocks best front man...

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:49 PM

LULZ at 12:36/12:40 and 12:44. Morons don't even know the game as it is played. Love you guys. That is why I always get cheap tickets cause of idiots like you.

Tickets right now on craigslist are a little under face for tonight. No one is buying em. Much as it was at the midday point the last 2 nights. As the day goes on and it gets closer to the time of the show those will drop as they did the last 2 nights. Outside the venue they will be even cheaper as the scalpers and people selling extras realize not many people are buying.

Smart people who want cheap tickets venture to T5 all the time and guess what. They get those tickets for very cheap cause of the morons above who won't go there.

SMH and just laughing. It is a crime how stupid some of you are.

Also 12:44 is just flat out lying. I can promise you he did not get face for his ticket last night. He is a retard with his logic. Why would the scalpers be posting that tickets will be had for very cheap? Yeah that makes a lot of sense Sherlock. Scapers devauluing their product.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:52 PM

12:49 is the Glen Campbell fan from that epic thread if he claims that Wilco "hammers" or "rocks". Prolly felt that Beat It was just a little too hard for his taste amirite

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 12:52 PM

12:52 would love to hear what proof you have people get cheap tickets outside of T5. The few times I have gone to T5 there is only 3 lonley scalpers and rarley any action.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:04 PM

I just want to thank you for posting the "whats going on" earlier in the day, it makes it much easier to plan to see shows ahead of time. I dont know if you read through these comments w/ all the snarkness and hummus and all but I just wanted to compliment and commend you on doing this great service.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:05 PM

I believe that dude got face for his ticket. I also believe pleanty of people got tickets under $20...if he got their early enough and stood by the ticket sales counter he could have off loaded his ticket for face...anything after 630 though and price didn't hold. I did see some guy pay $35 at 815 for a ticket from a scalper..I paid $15 5 minutes later

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:05 PM

LOVEBOMB at Trash Bar 10pm, open bar 8-9!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:08 PM

I would much rather pay face for a legitimate ticket than spend $20-$30 on a piece of paper that gets rejected at the door as a fake.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:09 PM

a scalper offered me 40 bucks for my ticket... Why? what was he planning to make?

i stood across the street from the park and waited as the people came up the sidewalk... some guy offered me 20 bucks, i laughed, i guess he reads bv... i finally got what i wanted... face value and the guy was happy to pay it... be patient put in the time and you'll sell it... and i had plenty of time to buy a shirt, buy a drink, take a leak and get down front for the first band...

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:21 PM

12:52 that's because only 10 people post on this lousy blog...

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:26 PM

1:04 WRONG and FALSE. There are always tons of people selling outside T5. For every show I have been to there.

1:21 has nothing to do with being patient. You got very very lucky although i am still gonna call bullshit. I was out there and people were laughing at sellers asking for face and then just moving on to the next person and getting cheaper.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:39 PM

It's nice that people take such pleasure in ripping other people off.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:48 PM

1:39 you are wrong and false. I saw what i said with my own eyes...idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:49 PM

BTW 1:39 the one time I went to T5 without a ticket it took me 20 minutes just to find someone with an extra...Ironically more people sell tickets outside of Bowery and Irving than T5. THAT IS A FACT!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:50 PM

i love when someone says they sold a ticket for X amount and everyone else thinks that they are actually lying about it. Who lies about selling a ticket for face value outside of a show?

Most people on here are telling the truth. The guy who is accusing people of being 'WRONG and FALSE' is clearly just butthurt.

You can always sell a ticket for face value at a show, even if it isn't sold out, for the same reason that it can be hard to sell tickets for above face value outside a show - people don't like screwing other people over.

you see a guy outside the venue trying to get rid of his extra ticket for face value, and you pay him face value, bc you know that paying anything less will come out of the guy's pocket, and you are a decent human being. you don't want to make someone sweat over an extra $10.

you'd be surprised how decent some people can be.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:55 PM

^I would always go by the ticket sale window and sell my extra for $5 under face...works every time..I sell my extra, they save $5 over the door...

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 1:59 PM

HA HA 1:39 is BUTTHURT!

Posted by De | July 25, 2012 1:59 PM

by the way it was a good show and tweedy is a funny guy...

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:05 PM

^beantown, the city of brotherly love!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:08 PM

OK, 2:05 - Tweedy or Hooky?

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:38 PM

here's a concept - everyone who wants to see a band, buy a ticket - everyone who has nothing better to do the night of a 'show', get yourself some scalper's tickets - you didn't want to see that band in the first place

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:39 PM

^here is a concept. I don't get out of work at the same time every night. I dont buy tickets for a show because sometimes I might have to eat them. If I get out of work I will go to the show and pick them up that night

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:43 PM

Went last night with my girlfriend and her roommate. We found a ticket quickly at $30. But then it took a half-hour to find two more, which were $50 and $20. So I guess they averaged about $30.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:51 PM

2:43 - and yet you have all the time in the world at work to type responses justifying your actions? #rationalizemuch

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:51 PM

@2:51 I guess that you're really not a numbers guy. The average is not $30 you dumb fuck!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:53 PM

30+50+20=100 100/3 is $33...

2:51...never heard of break time? I love it when someone is proven wrong. Not everyone is in the same situation. Some people can buy tickets and expect to attend the show...others don't know until last minute #idiotmuch

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:56 PM

2;53 what numbers do you get?

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 2:58 PM

2:56 wins a cookie

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 3:00 PM

Ha I had a cookie on my break! My lucky day!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 3:01 PM

Quickly to reply to the idiot @1:55

Why do people come on here an lie? Because they are trolls. Are you new to this blog? It is rife with trolls who lie and say shit to get a rise out of people or just cause they have no fucking life. Also, you do realize that Bowery Presents and other promoters always make comments on here to sway the argument or swing it their way. It is common knowledge. When you see all the hummus and other silly stupid comments, try sneaking over to the BP offices and see whose at their computer typing.

To the fact checker, there are always many scalpers outside Terminal 5. I have gotten so many cheap tickets for shows there, it is almost a given not to buy tickets in advance for those shows. Your "fact" is pure bullshit. Last night at Wilco tickets outside were under 20. If you paid more you are either a saint or just a jackass. Either way I laugh at you.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 5:32 PM

female hippies are gross

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 7:06 PM

so are male hippies

nothing worse than one of those fucking hipster nasty ass beards.

YOU ARE NOT MAKING A POLITICAL OR SUBVERSIVE OR SUBCULTURAL STATEMENT BY GROWING PUBES ON YOUR FACE.

NO ONE WANTS TO MAKE OUT WITH THAT.

SHAVE!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 7:45 PM

5:32 Is a dumb asshole even by dumb asshole standards

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 8:07 PM

Yup 532 is a troll to boot too. Enough with your bowery present bullshit. They got bigger fish to fry. Yesterday I got in for $15 so shut up. Also quit your billshit lies about ticket resales outside its not the case 90% of the time!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 8:23 PM

Terminal 5 has the same scalpers all the time and very few other sellers and that's a fact so your either a troll or a dumbass.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2012 8:26 PM

Wilco is supposed to be calm music, I wasn't expecting such a rabid frenzy here to complement that.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2012 12:27 PM

I love it when hipsters expose their racism. Lucky for yous your behind a computer screen anonymous. Enjoy your privlieges!

Posted by Clever | September 27, 2012 5:37 AM

Very interesting article, I look forward to more research coming out regarding the remaining two thirds

Posted by Youtube | September 28, 2012 3:20 PM

Me to! I post to let people know how cool is this page. I don't know is about the money but is cool! I just wait until the next time!

Posted by Arab Ladies | September 28, 2012 10:19 PM

super fun times.

Posted by jordon | July 25, 2013 5:35 PM

great news for all music lovers.

Posted by vue 8 residence | September 27, 2013 10:07 AM

Obviously interesting to read, This post you have made here could not be written any better! Thank you for sharing

Posted by inflora | October 13, 2013 5:30 AM