Posted in metal | music on August 16, 2012

Baroness

Word from the band:

The band members of Baroness and their crew are recovering from injuries sustained after their tour bus crashed outside of Bath, England early on Wednesday morning.

John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital as of this writing. Pete Adams has been treated and released from the hospital.

Three of the five crew members who were on the bus have also been treated and released. One member is still undergoing testing. The driver of the bus remains in critical condition.

Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you for all the support during this extremely difficult time.

Get well soon Baroness and friends!

Foreigners have to pay out of pocket for health care?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 7:29 PM

"John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital."

^ LULZ

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 8:15 PM

"The driver of the bus remains in critical condition".

^ TURBOLULZ

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 8:20 PM

Only a total asshole would comment "Lulz" after information about injuries in a bus accident. Fuck you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 8:57 PM

crumbled sausage :(

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 9:12 PM

Actually it's a little less "total asshole" than "complete sociopath"

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 9:32 PM

Actually it's just a completely useless person looking for attention.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 9:45 PM

^ LULZ

"There must be some way out of here", said the joker to the thief.
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth.
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth".

"No reason to get excited", the thief he kindly spoke.
"There are many here among us who feel that LIFE IS BUT A JOKE.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate.
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late".

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view.
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl.
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 9:48 PM

No way they are going to make FYF. Damn, both they and Wild Flag canceled.

Hoping a speedy recovery for everyone.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 11:01 PM

Don't really care for Baroness (definitely not the new double album based on what I've heard), but best of luck to them in their recovery. Shit sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 8:14 AM

^ wow. That's so magnanimous of you! You dislike them as a band BUT you wish them a speedy recovery? Someone call the Nobel peace prize committee, quick.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 8:30 AM

Godspeed Baroness. Maybe the anonymous comment thing should be re-examined. It seems people just can't be trusted to keep it classy.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 9:28 AM

Hey 8:15/8:20/9:12/9:48, isn't Lee Ranaldo, like, so uncool that he's actually, like, cool? I mean, like, it's the king of all irony, right? Haha! And doesn't Deerhunter, like, just "kill it" every time they play? and yes, unfortunately it's still a post-ironic world ever since LCD left us :(

-you can insert ur own ipods and hummus joke here-

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 9:35 AM

Those guys are pretty lucky to be alive.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 9:40 AM

Hoping for an especially speedy recovery for these homeboys. Godspeed, indeed.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 9:46 AM

I like all the rich hipster kids making jokes in here.Maybe something will hapen to you one day that takes you out of your comfy little world.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 10:28 AM

sausage down! sausage down!

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 11:27 AM

10:28: You mean like fop # 1127 there with his popped collar shirt, very shorty-short shorts, disgusting gigantic pink and blue rimmed sunglasses, and ugly flip flops?

I'd love to see the outcry here, if it was the tour bus for the Arcade Fire or even Radiohead. Let's see how bad it would be, if the table were turned on the trendy front.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 12:22 PM

squished sausage

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 12:41 PM

That's what I heard.

God don't like that, it seems.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 1:00 PM

LULZ @12:22 PM

Thinks "hipsters" listen to Arcade Fire or Radiohead.

LULZ, doesn't understand/can't comprehend what being a "hipster" entails.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 1:03 PM

^ As if I needed even more evidence (aside from the dead giveaway of "LULZ"), above all else being a trendy loser hipster entails an above-it-all attitude and a false sense of entitlement. Oh, and a false sense of reality, that when it does come crashing down (tenfold that of this bus crash), it'll break up your little trendy "post-ironic" world. But it's ok. Enjoy life, trendie!

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 1:07 PM

"I heard that they were all sucking each others dicks when the bus crashed, making their injuries worse.

That's what I heard.

God don't like that, it seems."

Sounds like one of your dreams with the encounter with Mandingo there, eh? Amirite? EH?

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 1:10 PM

^ deez sausages so mad.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 1:30 PM

LULZ@ 1:07 "Enjoy life, trendie!"

Oh, don't worry. I will. The money's on my side.

You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 1:35 PM

9:35/10:28/12:22/12:28/1:07

WHOOP WHOOP! BUCKEYED SHRIMPER ALL UP N DIS BITCH!

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 1:45 PM

1:35: What money? The one that your dear old mommy and daddy send to you every month in your super-tiny apartment in WB? You should be more like me and, in the words of M.O.D., get a real job.

1:30: I always love it when the trendies project their rabid "aggression" towards anything metal. It's so amusing :) Latent rage from being put into lockers all those years maybe?

1:45: you love me! You really do! Ya can't get enough of me! and you don't even know who I really am! I'm D! Ahahaha!

It's ok. You might get lucky if I bother to await your standard "steamed sausage" or "BUCKEYE SHRIMPER" comment. The predictability never fails. Thank you, Cleveland! I rule.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 2:52 PM

1:35- no one with real money would say that. You couldn't possibly be any more of a poseur.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 3:06 PM