Posted in music | tour dates on August 1, 2012

by Fred Pessaro // BBG

Matt & Kim get cute at Terminal 5 (more by Diana Wong)
Matt & Kim

What's more fun than a Matt & Kim song? If you ask me, virtually everything. Despite my own personal reservations, the spunky duo will perform their feel-good abominations on the road this fall as part of the duo's "Lightning" tour that will kick off in October and conclude with dates in the NYC area in middle November: 11/15 at Terminal 5 and 11/17 at Wellmont Theater. T5 tickets are currently on AMEX presale, as is Wellmont tickets. Both go on regular sale on Friday (8/3).

The shows are part of the adorable pair's new LP, Lightning, which is out via Fader on October 2 and features the new song "Let's Go." You can watch the "first listen" video below. Warning: you may explode from excessive perky.

All Matt & Kim tour dates are listed below too.

Matt and Kim - LET'S GO - Official First Listen

11/11 - Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre
11/13 - Cleveland, OH @ House Of Blues
11/14 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
11/15 - New York, NY @ Terminal 5
11/16 - Boston, MA @ House Of Blues
11/17 - Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theater

love love LOVE Matt & Kim!

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 1:57 PM

Worst. Band. Ever.

Amazing photog was able to capture a photo with no shit eating grins going - maybe imposters?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 1:58 PM

that standing up on the bass drum or the drum throne thing is tired...

just like these negative comments

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 1:59 PM

and they still suck.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 1:59 PM

Why all the hate? These guys are fun and talented too.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:02 PM

They suck. They are immature. That bitch talks about shitting and farting nearly non stop during shows. Way to empower girls while also sinking to the 12 year old mentality your fans ya dumb bitch.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:07 PM

This is a hilarious post. Bravo Fred!! :D

Posted by JT | August 1, 2012 2:10 PM

But doesn't that subject seem like something the BV crowd would enjoy? Maybe she should start accusing the audience of being gay or having AIDS or wanting to shrimp people or being butt hurt or having residual headaches from locker slamming incidents.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:10 PM

Sometimes you just gotta say "What the heck!" Loosen up 2:07, life's too short. Fart jokes are fun and relatively clean (well, not really but you know what I mean). At least they're not trying to pretend to be something that they're not, like many of the metal bands that I see advertised on this blog. Some of those people are surely pretending to be some persona for "effect", you would agree? So one should enjoy insincerity but dismiss Matt & Kim because they are being real?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:12 PM

2:12 with that 'metal bands' comment, you also don't get it. Loosen up as well. -matt and kim fan

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:14 PM

best writeup ever

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:16 PM

2:14 tell me what I don't get. Are you one of the ones dumping on Matt & Kim? So it's OK to talk smack about this band but just bring up that some of those metal characters are being insincere and you get defensive? I really don't think that you should be telling me to loosen up, and I stand by my comment to 2:07 (and now add you 2:14) - I think that maybe you should loosen up a bit. Life's too short, you know?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:18 PM

"At least they're not trying to pretend to be something that they're not"

Pretty sure they haven't been a couple for some time now.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:20 PM

Hah - awesome - BV writeup FTW:

What's more fun than a Matt & Kim song? If you ask me, virtually everything.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:26 PM

Just becasue they play music together doesn't make them lovers. I mean, Jack and Meg White aren't together, and they continued as the White Stripes. And I don't know, maybe maybe not some of those metal dudes are sleeping with their bandmates. I'm just saying, I think it's unfair to judge Matt & Kim just because they aren't sleeping with each other anymore.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:33 PM

LOL @ Fred making fun of Matt & Kim but covering Odd Future @ a warehouse and acting like Sabbath played.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:35 PM

Why does some of the journalism on this site have to be so bitter? Makes the site lose a lot of credibility as a mostly neutral blog describing music happenings in the NYC area.

I don't love Matt & Kim either, but this type of writing just seems immature to me.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:36 PM

best writeup ever [x2]

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:37 PM

snark BOMB!

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:37 PM

You're all bastard people! Matt & Kim rock, and I'm proud to be a fan.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:39 PM

Ha, I was just saying your comment sounded like 'hey man lighten up. have fun and enjoy music, unless you like x. that stuff is lame' it was just a little hypocritical. Yes, I like matt and kim.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:41 PM

I like Matt & Kim. If people want to like something else, good for them. But I like Matt & Kim. I want to go to a concert and have fun.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:47 PM

2:36 is a butthurt gay AIDS patient shrimper locker casualty.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:48 PM

I seen a video where the man and lady from this band take their clothes off in middle of crowded city! Surely they are wild rocks!?! People do not like them though, why?! 👊💩

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:59 PM

best writeup ever [x3]

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 2:59 PM

My principle took away my ipod for listening to it during homeroom but I think he just wants to listen to my matt and kim album.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 3:08 PM

I'd like to know what one of you haters listens to. Go ahead, big men: I just need one of you music critics to list the your top 3 favorite artists as of right now, and let's all have a good look at what you are comparing Matt & Kim to that makes them so so bad.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 3:11 PM

* crickets * crickets *

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 3:19 PM

The person defending Matt & Kim = publicist

True.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 3:51 PM

I am a fan of Matt & Kim, nothing more and nothing less. That seems like a deflection you made there 3:51. So, why don't you post up your top 3 artists as of right now. Let's see what has you captivated, in place of your internet bullying tactics that adds nothing to the conversation. So, are you a big enough man to put your anonymous reputation on the line? Are you scared?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 3:58 PM

that song is awful woah

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 3:58 PM

3:58 - Very sneaky. You are trying to get me to give you a list of new bands to listen to, as you are clearly in need and have no musical taste (being a Matt & Kim fan)

Nice try. Do your own homework.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 4:17 PM

Ugh I think I am over them. They never go away. I feel like they're those annoying kids who always ask you to watch then practice in their garage.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 4:33 PM

3:58 - it does sound like you do PR - either that or you've never been to this site before - or both. If he lists 3 bands then a whole bunch of people jump in to toss shit. He isn't interested in this thread going on for years. Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn, 4:17. I just think this person needs some background on what BV is.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 4:45 PM

Who is worse? Best Coast or Matt & Kim? Neither have any redeeming musical qualities to them so I can't decide.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 4:51 PM

1. Andrew W. K. 2. Alabama Shakes 3. Action Bronson

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:02 PM

The singer's voice annoys me on a level of intensity that I haven't experienced since the douchebag from Creed. Completely different, obviously, but instantly rage inducing. I'm really not sure why.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:08 PM

Thank you 5:02. I like Andrew WK and Alabama Shakes as well, but don't share your taste with that Action Bronson fellow. Not really a rap girl I guess. And I can assure you that I am not a publicist. I just think that it's not fair that in a post about Matt & Kim that people come here and sling doodoo about them and are not man enough to offer anything that they might have to defend against the horde. I applaud you 5:02 for at least having balls like a man and not worrying about how the crowd might react. There are a bunch of sissy boy bullies on here obviously, but you are not one of them.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:11 PM

4:51 is one of the sissy boy bullies on here

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:13 PM

A person who bullies sissy boys, or a bully who is also a sissy boy?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:31 PM

^ the second

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:45 PM

With the recently ramped up invasion of violence at shows/concerts, what are the chances of getting injured at a M&K show?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:53 PM

I don't like the odds that I won't get stabbed at a Matt & Kim show. I think that it's just too risky. I'm gonna stick to TMBG and Yo Gabba Gabba, and hang at the Chuck E. Cheese with my toeheads.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 5:59 PM

A few weeks ago someone mentioned in the comments that BV always uses the word "readies" instead of "releases" when it comes to new records. Now it drives me crazy. Thanks a lot whoever pointed that out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 8:25 PM

Kim looking thick on top of being talentless. Well done

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 9:36 PM

^ another sissy boy bully. So, what do you listen to sissy boy? Kim is totally sexy, and she brings the fun. What do you bring?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 9:53 PM

Thick - prob'ly

Talentless - 100% fact

Deal with it

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 10:05 PM

like pitchfork ten years ago.

Posted by Magnanimous Undertow | August 1, 2012 10:32 PM

OK sissy boy 10:05, I'll play along. Who do you think has talent?

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 10:37 PM

Your mom's rectum is full of talent.

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 10:42 PM

Just what I thought - total faggot sissy boy.

next .....

Posted by Anonymous | August 1, 2012 10:45 PM

You Morons have Conned us readers. You spread nothing worthwhile of a gesture of thought. PArasites. Fuck Face Twats.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2012 12:09 AM

nothing new to add, just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of people saying that this band is one of the most terrible things to happen to music in the 00s and that is saying a lot. total posers, garbage music, nonsense passed off as "fun". just untalented hackery pervading every beat.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2012 5:50 AM

^ and your top 3 favorite artists are ..... ?

Right. Just what I thought. So, you think that you are adding something to the conversation, but all you are doing is parroting back hate, like a clown. Want to be an adult? List out artists that you think don't suck. Go ahead, tough guy. Any guy with any balls or sense of self respect would take that challenge.

Otherwise, STFU little pansy sissy boy. Go play with dolls and stop wasting everyone's time with your parroting of ignorance.

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2012 6:31 AM

8:25 - readies predates release. Readies means prepares, releases means the preparation is over. Since BV does not set release dates, it makes perfect sense to me and likely the rest of the world as well. Words ....

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2012 8:01 AM

L - A
I - P
N - P
S - R
A - O
N - V
I - E
T - S
Y

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2012 11:57 AM

6:31, did you stay up all night patrolling this thread? Don't sweat the small stuff! Fuck the haters, pop in a sweet mix tape of M&K tunes and head on down to the beach

Posted by Anonymous | August 2, 2012 12:22 PM

like pitchfork ten years ago.

Posted by mobawab | August 4, 2012 7:52 AM

I thought the idea of having a basketball trick specialist in their music video was quite clever. The dunk at the end was also brilliant. Love the creativity there.

Posted by ontario honey | November 26, 2012 8:01 PM

this is one of the best articles on this website. definitely excellent information and hope to read more. awesome. this is the information i have been searching.

Posted by vue 8 residence | September 25, 2013 10:06 PM

love it! very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thanks for sharing information that is actually helpful.

Posted by sea horizon | November 4, 2013 8:45 AM

They make a very good pair and I think we all enjoy the energy they pass on to the public. they are very funny and they have a strong chemistry between them that makes them so good together.

Posted by dan | November 19, 2014 6:01 AM