Posted in music | tour dates on August 3, 2012

Wild Flag at Pitchfork Fest 2012 (more by Fred Pessaro // BBG)
Wild Flag

Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein's IFC show Portlandia is currently working on its third season, and if you want to see it in action, you can now go to Portland and see Fred and Carrie filming episodes for the new season (via Huliq). There's also an ongoing bicycle tour of where past and future episodes have been shot.

In related news, you can catch Carrie Brownstein in NYC TONIGHT (8/3) at Prospect Park where her band Wild Flag will play a FREE Celebrate Brooklyn show that they're co-headlining with Mission of Burma. Ted Leo will open the show with a solo set. Doors are at 6 and Ted Leo goes on at 7, followed by Mission Burma at 7:45 then Wild Flag at 9:15. Ted Leo, who plays in NYC a lot, is saying that this is his only hometown show until the end of October. It's also Wild Flag's only upcoming show except for FYF Fest, but Mission of Burma have a bunch of upcoming dates, all of which are listed below.

As mentioned, Wild Flag and Mission of Burma have a split 7" with WF's "Boom" and MoB's "What They Tell Me," which will be available exclusively at tonight's show. There's also a limited edition poster for the show which you can enter to win if you RSVP to the show's facebook event. That poster, the 7" cover art, streams of both songs from the 7", and a list of all dates are below.

Wild Flag Mission of Burma

Wild Flag Mission of Burma

Mission of Burma - "What They Tell Me"

Wild Flag - "Boom"

Mission of Burma -- 2012 Tour Dates
08.03 Prospect Park (Brooklyn, NY) w/ Wild Flag and Ted Leo
08.03 The Beachcomber (Wellfleet, MA)
09.07 Union Transfer (Philadelphia, PA
09.08 Black Cat (Washington, DC)
09.13 Fitzgerald's (Houston, TX)
09.14 Dan's Silverleaf (Denton, TX)
09.15 Antone's (Austin, TX)
09.26 Shank Hall (Milwaukee, WI)
09.27 400 Bar (Minneapolis, MN)
09.28 High Noon Saloon (Madison, WI)
09.29 Lincoln Hall (Chicago, IL)
11.30 ATP Nightmare Before Christmas (East Sussex, UK)

"Ted Leo, who plays in NYC a lot, is saying that this is his only hometown show until the end of October"

Promise?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 2:36 PM

"Exclusive" 7" of already released songs? I thought these shitty deals were limited to Record Store Day only.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 2:36 PM

I'm gonna show up early just to walk the fuck out on Ted Leo

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 2:37 PM

^I'm not only I'm gonna show up early just to walk the fuck out on Ted Leo, I'm gonna walk out in the Tupac walking out of court walk.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 3:03 PM

BITCH, WHERE IS YO ASS?!?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 3:27 PM

Free show = shit show

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 4:49 PM

I got your end of october Ted leo hangin, right here

The Bell House, Wednesday October 17th
7:30pm Doors / 8pm Show / $15
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? LIVE WITH JULIE KLAUSNER
FEATURING
TED LEO AND THE PHARMACISTS
AND VERY SPECIAL GUESTS

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 8:08 PM

Really good show.

MOB was fuck on - best time I've seen them

WF was 1000x better than last year when they opened for Sonic Youth. Much more confident, together, jammy.

The outlier was Ted Leo - just wasn't feeling it for Ted. Maybe he needed the band, maybe the music just doesn't speak to me.

Overall, great evening. Totally glad I went.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2012 11:49 PM

I thought this show with MOB was much better than previous times also. and I thougth Wild Flag was outstanding. A perfect set. I missed half of Ted Leo. If I realized he was so good solo, I would have tried harder not to be late.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 1:08 AM

Was anyone else hating the sound, especially during Wild Flag, at the show tonight? You couldn't hear anything except for the drums and vocals. Guitars were just a faint whisper.
"Dear Soundguy, if a band has small guitar amps and are playing a giant outside show, maybe you want to turn them up more in the mix?"

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 1:27 AM

Can I get more pants in the monitor?

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 1:28 AM

Wow y'all are making NY sound like the worst hipster doucheville ever....

Thanks from the South.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 2:20 AM

Sounded great! Terrific show!!!

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 8:50 AM

Best. Show. Ever.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 9:32 AM

@1:27
I've seen a bunch of shows at the bandshell this year (and several past) including Sigur Ros this week, and yes the soundpeople at the bandshell ARE FUCKING COMATOSE! Either that or the equipment is just dodgy from being left out in the elements, or whatever. But yes, vocals are often horribly mixed, instruments are too loud or too soft, cues are missed. It's as if they are being bothered to put down their copy of Highlights to adjust something.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 9:50 AM

The sound was bad because you couldn't hear the bands over the endless talking in the crowd.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 10:59 AM

that chick has no ass

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 12:21 PM

We had a bald old guy in front of us that kept stretching out raising his camera every minute and a half (blocking our view) to memorialize the night with a dozen or so pictures each time that he will never look at again for the rest of his life.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 2:34 PM

"if a band has small guitar amps and are playing a giant outside show, maybe you want to turn them up more in the mix?"

Even if a band has a Marshall stack, the stage amps are really just monitors for the musicians. Unless you are in the first couple of rows, you are mainly hearing the music from the PA.

That said, Prospect Park never had good sound for the free shows. And bands normally have their own sound guy, not the venue.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 2:50 PM

^ when a band has to use the house system (which is, like, USUALLY) they have to work with the house sound people. Their sound guy may have a seat at the board, but so does the house sound guy - who is running things and has the power seat. Maybe before you write shit you don't know about next time you should go see a few shows and take note of who is behind the boards, as I have.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 2:55 PM

^^ and before you write back and offer some piece of shit DIY club like Glasslands as you evidence that what I say is not true, skip it - I'm talking about legitimate venues.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 2:56 PM

Watch out, we got a badass over here.

Show was good enough for me, considering the price.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 3:03 PM

Not a badass Mr. Anonymous #2,951 (3:03). Sorry you're getting wound up over someone posting anonymously on the interwebz.

Fact is I don't like to see misinformation laid out by those not informed enough to offer such as fact.

Do try to calm down a bit 3:03. It's nice out, maybe take a walk?

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 3:23 PM

Wild Fag sucks so much.

Worst opener I ever saw, second to Vaccines.

Posted by Sam | August 4, 2012 6:45 PM

^ ever see The Drums? I think you might amend that list had you seen them.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 7:34 PM

I wanted to place Ted Leo under citizens arrest after he wouldn't fill out my prescription for quaaludes at the pharmacy

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2012 7:59 PM