Posted in music | pictures on August 8, 2012

photos by Amanda Hatfield

Tame Impala at Music Hall of Williamsburg - 8/7/12
Tame Impala

Australia's Tame Impala are in North America for a few festivals including Lollapalooza (pics HERE) and Osheaga (pics coming soon), which they played over the weekend, and Outside Lands, which they'll play this weekend. While here, they stopped in NYC for an intimate show at Music Hall of Williamsburg last night (8/7) with Young Magic. The show sold out immediately and it was packed. The band will have their new album, Lonerism, out this October which will presumably bring the band back to North America for a full tour hitting much larger venues than Music Hall of Williamsburg.

More pictures and a video of Tame Impala playing "Runway, Houses, City Clouds" from the MHOW show are below.

Tame Impala - "Runway, Houses, City, Clouds" at MHOW 8/7/12

It couldn't have been more packed than when YYYs, LCD or the Dead Weather played there;)

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 10:00 AM

WTF was with these bozos saying they were doing their first ever encore tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 10:16 AM

^ I've seen them twice before and there was no encore so maybe it's true. The drummer is an animal, in fact his drumming style reminded me of Animal from the Muppets

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 10:21 AM

Possibly the worst band I have ever seen. Somebody should tell these kids that Psychedelic music had its day in the 60'S and was done much better. And the name, Tame Impala? Does anyone like the idea of a graceful wild animal running free, tame? Lame Impala would be more fitting.

Posted by Stuart Williams | August 8, 2012 10:35 AM

worst band you've ever seen?? really??? i agree that psych music was done much better back in the day, but this is a young band that can actually fucking PLAY THEIR GODDAMN INSTRUMENTS. given the pervading culture of style over substance and all these good-looking hipsters that play simple, sloppy, anonymous-sounding bullshit, i think this band is pretty exceptional, given what we're confronted with on a daily basis. at least these guys are legitimately talented. most of the bands featured on this site aren't good for much more than eye candy.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 10:44 AM

Incredible show and the lead singer was sick. Can't imagine what they're like at full force. Power to them, they've come a long way.

Posted by Rich | August 8, 2012 10:48 AM

third time for me and i loved them every single time - such great energy even with Kevin sick - second of the three times he was sick and you would never now it

i like the addition of the new member too - the new material works well - looking forward to the new album

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 11:41 AM

Agreed, terrible terrible live band. You dumb fucks are drinking that down under cum crusted kool-aid.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 12:51 PM

terrible live band, I agree.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 1:04 PM

^ Friends fans.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 1:34 PM

this band is shit live, simple as that

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 1:51 PM

Good songs. It's a shame they can't pull off a more interesting live feel.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 2:08 PM

Who put the LSD in the hummus?

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 2:12 PM

People seriously think this band puts on a good live show? Ay yi yi.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 5:53 PM

I know everything about music, and I declare that this band simply isn't up to snuff. My opinions are simply better than yours, and if you like this band, you are beneath me intellectually. I am a chieftain of criticism, and a falcon of taste. My comments are substantial and informative. I sometimes go under the alias "Anonymous", for sometimes the transcendental weight of my comments outweigh my own identity. So, in short, haters gonna hate, but not as much as me.
(Fuck Steve Hardy)

Posted by The Critical King | August 8, 2012 6:59 PM

I've toured the world over and over. Clubs, shitholes, and in recent years arenas and stadiums. Tame Impala played Coachella last year as did my band. I loved their record but they were pitifully boring and borderline inpet live. Carpe diem

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 8:05 PM

These guys are from Australia? The country founded by murderers and thieves? You'd never know it looking at these amoebas - although if being boring was a crime, they'd surely get the electric chair.

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | August 8, 2012 8:21 PM

Last year's model.

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2012 8:53 PM

Refer to my alias.

Posted by All matters pertaining to this band aside, you are all sad hipster children that have way too much t | August 11, 2012 3:23 PM

armchair judges abound up in hea

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2013 1:48 PM