Posted in music | pictures on August 14, 2012

photos by Greg Cristman

The Security Project at BB King's - 8/11/12
The Security Project

While Peter Gabriel is gearing up to take his So album on tour, former members of his band and King Crimson teamed up as The Security Project to perform cuts from Security and his first three self titled solo albums at BB King's on Saturday (8/11) in NYC. Keyboardist Larry Fast contributed some sounds, sequences, and loops but did not perform with the group, despite being in attendance and was introduced from the stage. Apparently the band had only practiced together for two days prior, so there were some kinks but the audience seemed to love the whole thing. After a 12-song set, the band returned for an encore of two Genesis songs from Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

More pictures, the setlist, and some videos from the show are below.

The Security Project - "On the Air" at BB King's - 8/11/12

The Security Project - "San Jacinto" at BB King's - 8/11/12

The Security Project - "The Rhythm of the Heat" at BB King's - 8/11/12

The Security Project at BB King's - 8/11/12 Setlist:
The Rhythm Of The Heat (from Security)
I Have The Touch (from Security)
Moribund The Brugermeister (from Peter Gabriel 1)
Humdrum (from Peter Gabriel 1)
I Don't Remember (from Peter Gabriel 3)
The Family & Fishing Net (Security)
No Self-Control (from Peter Gabriel 3)
San Jacinto (Security)
Intruder (from Peter Gabriel 3)
Not One Of Us (from Peter Gabriel 3)
Here Comes The Flood (from Peter Gabriel 1)
On The Air (from Peter Gabriel 2)

Encore
Fly On A Windshield (from Genesis- Lamb Lies Down On Broadway)
Back In NYC! (from Genesis- Lamb Lies Down On Broadway)

SOOOOOOOO wanted to go to this. Were it not for a wedding I had to attend, I would have been all over this.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 10:47 AM

I didn't even know about this! Ahhhh, too late anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 10:49 AM

What was the cheese factor in this? I love those earlier Gabriel records and that setlist is choice, but that singer is suspect.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 11:00 AM

michael lohan in a skirt
drummer is hot

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 11:47 AM

Boy do I feel old. Saw PG on the Security tour back in 84 or 85

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 12:20 PM

The singer looks a bit douchey but damn he sounds like early 80's Gabriel!

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 12:37 PM

This guy sounds more like Peter than Peter!! Awesome show and only wish it was longer! Unreal

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 2:58 PM

Killer voice, goose bumps throughout the show.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 3:00 PM

Saw Josh with The Waiting Room. Unbelievable voice and great frontman! Keep it alive Josh!

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 3:04 PM

Great job Josh you deserve it!! You still sound incredible all these years later!!

Tony M.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 4:07 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 5:32 PM

Little love for PG2

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 7:39 PM

Excellent choice of some very cool songs... The ending of San Jacinto was sweet... and then suddenly they ripped right into INTRUDER -- my fav!!! They had some pretty cool slides going on behind them -- kind of like The Lamb.

RS

Posted by Robert Sellers | August 14, 2012 8:33 PM

Faggots like Peter Gabriel

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 9:29 PM

^ Nobody likes you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 9:56 PM

^ My wife likes me!

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 10:10 PM

^ your wife looks like a football player and nobody likes her either.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 10:12 PM

wow

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 10:14 PM

9:29 is confused, thinks that since he doesn't like PG he wasn't be a faggot .... but even the faggots say they like the way he sucka dick. So I guess it's another case of shame and self hatred from another closeted queer bait.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 10:39 PM

^ Dumb as fuck right there.

Posted by Anonymous | August 14, 2012 10:56 PM

I've been to lots of shows at BBK and this was the best overall sound I've heard there.
SHow was fantastic and the place was packed. Drummer and Bass (Trey Gun) were awesome and that half Bass half guitar he played had killer lows and some radical guitar almost like the guy from Queen making it sound like more than one guitar. Iused to have that first Gabriel album and I haven't heard some of those songs in years but they sounded great. They played the first song Morrison the Burgermesiter and it sounded just like the record. Cool that they could play just like the original and still make up their own versions, like they did with Here Comes The Flood very cool indeed. I heard this was their first show next time im bringing all my pals who missed out. Bravo guys I saw YES a few weeks ago, and enjoyed this much better.

Posted by Drew R | August 15, 2012 8:34 AM

"the guy from Queen"
"Morrison the Burgermesiter"

LULZ

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 9:00 AM

A couple responses to posts above> It's Moribund the Burgermeister, not Morrison. The place was not packed, there were many empty booths down each side of the venue and plenty of standing room that was wide open. The slides were way off to each side of the band and not very effective unless you were in the back. While the song selection was good there were a few that I would've liked to see them do like Biko, Solsbury Hill and Games Without Frontiers.

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 10:36 AM

"MORIBUND THE BURGERMEISTER" was the name of the first song on the first album, and they played it very well. Bass Player sang the super low "I Will Find Out" part. I was in the middle behind and off to the side from where the mix guys were and it felt pretty packed to me -- maybe some empty spaces, but room was pretty full of energy. I could see the video and the slides no prob from there. And yes, give us BIKO and GAMES and WHITE SHADOW and the other cool shit... We'd drive from NJ to see them again. Great night overall. Maybe Larry Fast will join them on stage for a few songs next time, or Tony Levin?

Posted by Anonymous Male | August 15, 2012 3:15 PM

"That's alota strings Lohan's got there and I bet you he gives a mean hummer. He's got "bi-freak" written all over that rubber vest of his."

So how was your evening at the Glasslands Gay Bath House? Exciting, right?

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 5:12 PM

Really great show! Amazing that this was the first. Singer sounded phenomenal! Very accurate and powerful! It is really sad that there are so many mean and insecure people!

Must be really bored to shit talk on a Gabriel posting board!

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 7:13 PM

What? No Shock the Monkey? That's by far the biggest Gabriel song from Security, the biggest Gabriel song before his So album hits.

Posted by John Armer | January 30, 2013 9:36 PM

Looking very much forward to the upcoming show on Monday@BB Kings! I'm betting that it will be both an outstanding show and outstanding time, despite my lack of love for the venue. Overpriced food/drinks and when the venue is sold out, especially when it is a totally seated show, it is akin to hanging with the sardines in a packed can. But I'll deal with it to reprise an excellent tour seen/heard, what, 27-28 years ago? Wow, time flies and also the last tour where he wore makeup. Those were the days... :) :) !

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2013 7:24 PM

Looks like a lot of fun.

Posted by jordon | July 24, 2013 2:31 PM