Posted in To Do | music on August 16, 2012

Screaming Females at BV-SXSW 2012 (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Screaming Females

Heliotropes at Death By Audio (more by Devan Council)
Heliotropes

Hunters at MHoW (more by Chris La Putt)
Hunters

today in NYC
* Rob Curto @ Barbes
* Beanie Sigel, Ka @ SOB's
* Dayna Kurtz @ Barbes
* Davell Crawford @ Joe's Pub
* Secret Movie Show @ UCB East
* Steel Panther @ Starland Ballroom (NJ)
* Stanley Jordan Trio @ Iridium Room
* Skaters, The Drowners, Texture, Coasta @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Mykki Blanco, SFV Acid, Physical Therapy, Krystal Klear @ The Hester
* Stephan Moore, Caroline Park, Tim Rovinelli and Evidence @ The Stone
* Mewithoutyou, Kevin Devine, Buried Beds @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Earth Science, Bulletproof Tiger, North End, Noxious Foxes @ Muchmore's
* Cursive, Titus Andronicus, Love as Laughter, Joyce Manor @ House of Vans
* Free Pussy Riot Public Reading with Chloe Sevigny, Karen Finley & more @ Liberty Hall at the Ace Hotel
* Magnetic Island, Grass Is Green, Passenger Peru, Flying Pace @ Shea Stadium
* JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound, the Benny's, Alice and the RV @ Asbury Lanes (NJ)
* From Bacteria To Boys, Mick Barr/Tim Dahl/Kevin Shea, Cellular Chaos @ Zebulon
* Organs, Wild Ones, The Foxx, Bummer City, Lukeinternet, Tubetops, Active @ XPO 929
* Cassie Ramone w/ Julie K-Holes, Deep Time, Turn To Crime, Weird Rivers, I'm Turning Into @ 285 Kent

As you may have heard, tonight is the opening night for "480 Pixels", the BrooklynVegan-centric photo exhibit going down at the 92Y Tribeca now through September 6th. The opening reception, which kicks off at 6:30PM, will be followed by performances from Screaming Females, Hunters and Heliotropes. The photo show is free, but the live show requires a ticket. They are still available. Check out the flyer below. Hope to see you there!

2 Chainz is signing autographs at J&R today, but the related Webster Hall event later in the night was cancelled.

Chloe Sevigny, Karen Finley will read Pussy Riot's inspirational courtroom statements tonight at Liberty Hall in the Ace Hotel tonight. Starts at 7:30 and is free.

"The Big Chill" screens in Brooklyn Bridge Park.

"Poltergeist" screens in Tompkins Square Park.

FringeNYC runs through tonight.

Follow @BrooklynVegan on Twitter.
Follow @bvChicago for just Chicago stuff.
Also follow @bvAustin for just Austin stuff.

Be our friend on Facebook too, and BV Austin's friend on Facebook and BV Chicago's friend on Facebook

Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram too.

Check out a SpaceGhostPurrp "4AD Session" and a heartwrenching version of Bryan Adam's "Everything I Do"

What else?

Spaceghostpurrp - 4AD Session

480 Pixels
480 Pixels

Worn In Red / Descender / Verses Narrow / Human Toilet
at Don Pedros tonight

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 11:32 AM

Oh, wow, a "what's going on" page that isn't posted after 5:00. Good day!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 11:37 AM

Hopefully the line won't be long for Cursive....right? Hipsters don't like Cursive I hope!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 11:39 AM

Misery Index at St Vitus

Posted by J | August 16, 2012 11:42 AM

Has anyone been to House of Vans yet this summer? What time should I plan to get there for Cursive/Titus Andronicus?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 11:44 AM

"Hipsters don't like Cursive I hope!"

Boy, are you in for a nice surprise.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 11:55 AM

I don't know this band The Screaming Females, but I had a screaming female situation the other night, let me explain:

So there I was once again, just cruising down Bedford Avenue on my second-hand bicycle. I was on my way to a dinner party at my lady's loft in North Williamsburg. She gave me the responsibility of brining the appeteasers, so I stopped off in a bodega to get what was sure to be a crowd pleaser, hummus with some baby carrots and pita chips. Thankfully, the bodega had the hummus and it was not expired this time! I thanked Habib and mounted my bike, anticipating what was sure to be a lovely evening with friends, pino, hummus and Merriweather Post Pavilion on vinyl spinning in the background. But as I was just a block away from my girl's loft, a young man walked right into my lane causing me to swerve and wipeout into a cluster of garbage cans! The hummus, the pita, the carrots all falling into a fresh puddle of mud. All ruined. When I finally made it into my girl's loft with nothing but my mud-splattered American Apparel T-shirt and no appeteasers, needles to say, that female started screaming!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 12:00 PM

isnt cursive the band that dubbs one a hipster? or are those scenesters? isnt scenesterism dead and hipsterism on? arent you all just fucking yuppies tho forreal?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 12:14 PM

"FringeNYC runs through tonight."

FringeNYC runs through Aug. 26th.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 12:17 PM

"So there I was once again, just cruising down Bedford Avenue on my second-hand bicycle. I was on my way to a dinner party at my boy's loft in North Williamsburg. He gave me the responsibility of plodding the amenities, so I stopped off in a bodega to get what was sure to be a crowd shocker, hummus with some baby carrots and pita chips. Thankfully, the bodega had the hummus and it was not expired this time (or so I thought - it all tastes like actual shit anyway, so whasa diffrens)! I thanked Habib and mounted my bike, anticipating what was sure to be a greasy evening with friends, pino, feces and Merriweather Post Pavilion on vinyl spinning in the background. But as I was just a block away from my boy's loft, a young man walked right into my lane causing me to swerve and wipeout into a cluster of garbage cans! The hummus-fecal matter, the pita, the carrots all falling into a fresh puddle of tar. All ruined. When I finally made it into my boy's loft with nothing but my tarred-and-feathered trendy urban Outfitters T-shirt and no amenities, needles with heroin that were already in me to say the least prompted me to not make sense of All the Young Dudes that started screaming!"

I really enjoyed your story, man, 12:00 :)

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 1:07 PM

"...anticipating what was sure to be a lovely evening with friends, pino, hummus and Merriweather Post Pavilion on vinyl spinning in the background."

Nice job.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 1:16 PM

Lovebomb plays a FREE show at Otto's Shrunken Head 9pm - 14th st @ Ave B , L to 1st Avenue, will be rockin!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 1:22 PM

Joyce Manor late show at The Acheron!

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 1:45 PM

I LOVE the screaming female meme.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 2:40 PM

i echo 11:44's question... any idea what time cursive goes on tonight? also hoping for a non-shitshow.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 2:46 PM

i think bands start at 7 or 730?

so im guessing cursive will go on around/little before 10

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 2:59 PM

i want to bang the lesbo out of that screaming female

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 3:50 PM

^ I'm sure Bradford Cocks said the same about you, except replace lesbo with faggot and take the 'f' and the first 'e' out of female.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 5:36 PM

^ ah Buckeye Shrimper is back. This douche has a RAGING HARD ON for me, and he follows me around like a dog - a female dog ifyaknowhatimean :-P Speaking of bitches, have they found a way to sew your asshole back up from when you took 5 guys up there last night you trendy fool? Yup, thought not. Sucks to be you Shrimpy, sucks to be you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 6:13 PM

We're so sorry, Buckeye Shrimper
We're so sorry that you
Haven't shrimped a single boy all day
We're so sorry, Buckeye Shrimper
But that GrubHub que
Keeps growing and those pizzas can't deliver themselves

Durr Durr ... Durr Durr .... Durr Durr ..... Durr Durr

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 8:24 PM

Buckeye Shrimper word has it is Weasel W from Cellular Chaos. After all he's a closet poet thats why Weasels so frustrated all the time he hasnt been acknowledged enough.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 2:14 AM

Marissa was fantastic.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 2:34 AM

Oh wow check out the rabies froth (or is that white stuff something else? :) ) around the lips of the "Buckeye Shrimper" shtick frump. I'm glad you took your time being stuck in that locker and all to come up with such brilliant material. Daddy must be so proud :)

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 9:44 AM

^ Buckeye Shrimper, clearly.
Go back to Ohio, douche. Your daddy needs his good lovin from your eager mouth.

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 10:23 AM

^ Try again, queef boy. And this time, try not to be so sterile (I mean with your "insults" and "personality", not your lack of a reproductive system.

...like a mouse to cheese :)....

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 10:29 AM

GSW @ Gramercy!

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2012 11:41 AM

An superb posting with great points, We’ve been a lurker proper here for some time but wish to be far far more involved from now on.

Posted by jocuri | August 29, 2012 3:42 AM