Posted in Contests | music on August 15, 2012

480 Pixels

As mentioned, Thursday (8/16) is the opening of the BrooklynVegan photo exhibit "480 Pixels" at 92YTribeca which will run through September 6 and features some of the best photographs that have run on our site, many for the first time in large format. (Width of the photos on our site? 480 pixels.) The exhibit will also feature drawings by Screaming Females' Marissa Paternoster.

Screaming Females also headline the live music portion of the opening party that also features performances from Hunters, and HeliotropesTickets for the show are still available but if you want to go for free, we're also giving a pair away. Details are at the bottom of this post.

Time Out ran a nice little feature on the exhibit where five our photographers talk about their contributing shot and you can read that here. Hope to see you out there, it'll be a fun time. A full list of contributing "480 Pixels" photographers and those contest details are below.

480 pixels flyer

Tamara Porras
Harriet Roberts
Toby Tenenbaum
Eric Townsend
Diana Wong
Dana (distortion) Yavin
and selected drawings by Marissa Paternoster, lead singer and guitarist for Screaming Females

======================
For a chance at winning a pair of tickets to the 480 Pixels opening night party: either tweet something that includes both @BrooklynVegan AND "480 Pixels" in the tweet, or send an email to BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM with the subject line "480 Pixels". Include your first and last name in the email. We'll pick a winner at random and contact them with more details. If you enter by email, it will not be shared with anyone else. Good luck!
======================

Ted Leo joke.

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 10:13 AM

hey can I put on an addams family dress, put a mic in my mouth, do some shitty art, and headline an art show above the actual artists?

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 10:20 AM

Please someone make a "Screaming Female" story.

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 10:20 AM

WHy would a girl punk band or girl led, have an image that is clearly her deep throatin' a huge cock(microphone)???????

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 10:58 AM

Actually, its been real peaceful around my North Williamsburg loft space and I haven had a "screaming female" situation recently...
(I recently acquired a food processor and a case of can chickpeas, so my female hasn't been screaming much)

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 11:01 AM

Best dyke shredder since Carrie Brownstein

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 11:14 AM

10:58, do you even know what deep throating is? The picture only has the very top of the microphone in her mouth.

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 11:22 AM

Can someone ask Lulzy and Buckeye for confirmation?

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 11:38 AM

I was leaving Barcade the other night and my date started to complain about her hunger. I stopped at Sunac to buy some hummus-flavored pita chips to satiate her craving. Suddenly, I saw James Murphy picking out apples with someone who appeared to be his girlfriend. I snagged a quick Instagram of the scene, walked back down the aisle and found the hummus-flavored pita chips...gone! I witnessed James Murphy fleeing with them, muttering something about Reggie Watts. Needless to say, when I returned to my date and told her what happened...boy was that female screaming!

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 2:02 PM

so excited for this!

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 2:04 PM

I don't know this band Screaming Females, but I had a screaming female situation the othe othe say... Let me explain:
So there I was, just having a lazy Sunday afternoon sipping on Pinot in my North Williamsburg loft chatting with my pal about our 70k jobs. Our girlfriends were down the street getting manicures so we felt pretty free to do what we wanted, but before long, things got out of hand.
Perhaps it was the Pinot, or perhaps it was the animal collective album playing really loud that got us feeling rebellious, but before long my pal and I went into the fridge and ate an ENTIRE 16oz size of Sabra all to ourselves! We were dipping those baby carrots with such wreckless abandon and scooping huge scoops with pita triangles with a crazed look in our eyes!
Needless to say, when our girlfriends arrived home and saw what happened, those females started screaming!

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2012 3:52 PM

No really. Who are these opening bands?

Posted by Anonymous | August 16, 2012 6:02 PM