David Byrne & St. Vincent @ Williamsburg Park
David Byrne and St. Vincent (aka Annie Clark) played their third of three NYC shows on their tour together in support of their collaborative album, Love This Giant, at Williamsburg Park last night (9/29). The setlist didn't change much from the Beacon Theatre shows (or the rest of the tour), kicking off with Love This Giant singles, "Who" and "Weekend in The Dust;" and including Talking Heads favorites like "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)," "Burning Down The House," and "Road To Nowhere;" St. Vincent favorites like "Cheerleader," "Cruel," "The Party," and others; plus some David Byrne solo cuts and more off of Love This Giant.
The two pop wizards were in their own distinct characters throughout the show, as they were backed by a choreographed eight-piece horn section. (Who, not to mention, added great layers to the newly-worked out versions of Talking Heads/David Byrne/St Vincent songs.) David and Annie were both in admiration of each other during the songs from their respective projects, and though it was David who had the hits and got the crowd going most wild, Annie brought her own flare as well with physical guitar freakouts worked into all of her songs. They also had a shared moment as they "fought" with their hands over a theremin.
Have you been keeping up with Kelly Pratt's (aka main member of Bright Moments and co-musical director/member of David Byrne & St. Vincent's horn section) tour diary of his time on the road with David and Annie?
More pictures, videos, and the setlist from last night's show are below...
photos by Chris
David Byrne & St. Vincent - "Burning Down the House" at Williamsburg Park
David Byrne & St. Vincent - "Cruel" at Williamsburg Park
David Byrne & St. Vincent - "Weekend in the Dust" at Williamsburg Park
David Byrne & St. Vincent at Williamsburg Park - 9/29/12 Setlist:
2. "Weekend in the Dust"
3. "Save Me From What I Want" (St. Vincent song)
4. "Strange Overtones" (David Byrne & Brian Eno song)
5. "I am an Ape"
6. "Marrow" (St. Vincent song)
7. "This Must Be The Place" (Talking Heads song)
8. "The Forest Awakes"
9. "Ice Age"
10. "Like Humans Do" (David Byrne song)
13. "Cheerleader" (St. Vincent song)
14. "Lazy" (David Byrne & X-Press 2 song)
15. "I Should Watch TV"
16. "Northern Lights" (St. Vincent song)
17. " The One Who Broke Your Heart"
18. "Outside of Space and Time"
19. "Cruel" (St. Vincent song)
20. "Burning Down the House" (Talking Heads song)
21. "The Party" (St. Vincent song)
22. "Road to Nowhere" (Talking Heads song)