Posted in hiphop | music on September 25, 2012

songs were not played in this order though...
Frank Ocean

We'll have more about the Monday night NYC show with Bon Iver later, but meanwhile you can see Frank Ocean's printed setlist above (via BrooklynVegan Instagram), and listen to a brand new song by Frank at his Tumblr.

UPDATE: Check out a full set of pictures from the Angel Orensanz show.

Frank also played ATP on Friday.

this was by far the worst concert i have ever been to. frank ocean sounded so bad. was he sick? and bon iver was just bleh. like so bleh. should have gone to grizzly bear. how was that ya'll?

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 12:27 AM

GRIZZLY BEAR WAS THE BEST YOU FUCKING MISSED OUT

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 12:34 AM

he didn't play monks or bad religion

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 12:57 AM

I missed it, I am so sad :(

Posted by Zalando Gutschein | September 25, 2012 1:58 AM

The frank ocean hype seems to be already dying... I hear this performance was bland, ATP was sub-par, and his album is already showing up in the discount bins.

I have dubbed it, "The odd future syndrome"

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 2:32 AM

"We'll have more about the Monday night NYC show with Bon Iver later ...."

How about the other two days from ATP first? You know, the ones with The Make-Up, Hot Snakes, Dirtbombs, Afghan Whigs, Dirty Three, Magic Band, GYBE, etc? Maybe?

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 6:18 AM

^ Agreed. Dirty Three will fucking rip anyone's face off live. However, they're not indie enough or hipster enough or wear enough ink or whatever the fuck is needed to get promoted on here. You know, like Wiz Khalifa.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 7:01 AM

^Use your head 7:01. It has nothing to do with being indie, hipster or inked up enough...it has to do with advertising dollars. Some artists like Wiz with his label and promo team have dollars to spend on blog ads and placement...other artists don't. It's simple dollars and cents/sense.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 8:39 AM

Man, do you guys understand that nobody gave a shit about ATP?
They probably paid BV to keep quiet about how lame it was, so they can fleece you marks again next year.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 9:23 AM

9:23 - you obviously weren't there and have no f--king clue what you're talking about. Dirty Three...lame? GY!BE...lame? Emeralds, Afghans, Jose, Philip Glass, Hot Snakes, Bradley, etc....lame??? STFU, you dope!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 9:41 AM

More shitty music covered by BV.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 9:56 AM

What 9:41 said.
NEW RULE: if you weren't there you are not allowed to speak about how "shitty" or "epic" it was.
I need to state this stuff people?

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 10:06 AM

Hi 9:41 and 10:06. I hope you're having a good morning. Now fuck off and go find another website. Thanks.

Posted by Everyone else who reads BV | September 25, 2012 10:22 AM

^ Other than Hot Snakes I'm not even familiar with any of the bands mentioned above. But it's hilarious how defensive you trolls get when people call you out on your incessant whining about how every single band in the world apparently sucks. Get a life.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 10:28 AM

^ LULZ @ the charming little bunny speaking for "Everyone else who reads BV". Poor little delusional boy that it is. It puts the potion on it's hands. No go away brah before you meet an untimely end under a vigorous boot named Malice.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 10:30 AM

10:28 is right. I had his mom and she sucked big time, and frankly I'm pretty sick of his butt hurt nonsense when I'm describing how she did those wild things she knew how to do so well!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 10:31 AM

^ Cool 5th grade humor, bro! You totally got that guy!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 10:33 AM

Thanks 10:28. I'm sick of it too.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 10:41 AM

@10:30 - as opposed to the guy who tries to institute a NEW RULE? Come on... and your 'it puts the lotion' shtick was old and unfunny the first ten times you posted it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 10:44 AM

^ so sorry you are having trouble today little one. never posted the lotion "shtick" before, not comparing myself to anyone else (unlike someone here ... hmmm, who could that be?), and your butthurt ramblings made me spit up coffee I was laughing so hard. So, thanks for that bro.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:01 AM

It speaks for everyone else on here at BV

Posted by LULZ @ | September 25, 2012 11:04 AM

This setlist is wrong. There's some songs he didn't play on it, and he definitely played Novacane

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:06 AM

Did Frank come out late and play a shorter set again? Wait a year ... this bitch is gonna make Lauryn Hill seem like Springsteen.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:08 AM

NEW RULE: 10:22/10:44 is a tool, who doesn't think so?

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:10 AM

"How about the other two days from ATP first?"

To Loser #1,
Seriously moron, who cares? Does BV not covering it ruin your experience of the show? Are you that much of a tool that you get sad cause you don't have a place to comment about how you thought the show was insane and some bands killed. Time to get a life.

"you obviously weren't there and have no f--king clue what you're talking about"

To Loser #2,
Ok, so here is a comment from someone who actually was there and had free tickets so no axes to grind. ATP this year was fucking lame as hell. I have been to all the past ATP's at Kutsher's and Asbury Park and this felt very different. Not the same vibe or atmosphere. Band line up was lackluster. I have seen most of the bands here in the last couple of years at better venues with better sound. It just was not very good this year,

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:20 AM

I stopped reading this twat after "Seriously". I can't think of a more apt description than "I've seen it done better before". Funny thing is, the more butt hurt and apoplectic he gets, the more I actually feel pretty good about myself and the world at large. Yup, the law of unintended consequences strikes again!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:32 AM

NEW RULE: 10:22/10:44/11:20 is a tool, who doesn't think so?

Posted by Updates! | September 25, 2012 11:34 AM

11:20 is a Frank Ocean fan.
'Nuff said.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:35 AM

wait a minute - I'm the tool of 10:22/10:44, but I'm not the 11:20 tool. that's another tool who happens to agree with me.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:37 AM

Oh how I love a good fascist poster.
What should we be discussing 11:20? And, by your own rule why should I care what the fuck you have to say anyway?

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:37 AM

10:22 = 10:44 = 11:20
so transparent
GET A LIFE TROLL!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 11:38 AM

^ no seriously! I admit to being douche #1 (10:22 & 44). I am not 11:20 - I was not at ATP like he seems to have been.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 12:03 PM

BV TROLLS ARE PEOPLE TOO :(

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 12:03 PM

11:20- to you and ALL of the other holier-than-thou "I was at Kutcher's" ATP OG hustlas...you are right, NOTHING will EVER be as good as Kutcher's! It was the greatest venue of all time for an experience that can't be replicated or explained to the casual outsider in mere words.

Now here's some advice...MOVE ON with your slowly meandering life that is obviously obsessed with clinging to the past so things in the moment seem less significant. Live for now, be present and stop being SUCH A F--KING TOOL!

ps- ATP this year was fun!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 12:38 PM

11:20 is an old man with fading neck tats, shaking his fist at clouds and screaming at kids to get offa his lawn (in Iowa of course).

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2012 12:59 PM