Posted in music on September 18, 2012

titus

Listen to the new song below...

Titus Andronicus - In A Big City [LYRICS VIDEO]

XL Recordings writes:

October 22nd 2012 will see the release of the third Titus Andronicus album titled Local Business via XL Recordings. While the first two albums were elaborate concoctions, Local Business is of the Earth. Titus Andronicus the studious recording project and Titus Andronicus the raucous touring machine are no longer two distinct beings; there is only Titus Andronicus, rock and roll band. This is to say, it was recorded primarily live with precious few overdubs, with an elite squad of musicians.

The lineup is: Patrick Stickles (singer/songwriter/guitarist), Eric Harm (drums), Julian Veronesi (bass), Liam Betson (guitar) and Adam Reich (guitar). The album was recorded in New Paltz, New York's Marcata Recording with producer/engineer/mastermind Kevin McMahon. They recorded it in April and May of 2012 along with some special guests including longtime Titus session keyboardist Elio DeLuca, universally acclaimed violinist Owen Pallett, and Eric Harm's father Steven on harmonica. This tight-knit group is just one of the meanings behind the phrase "Local Business".

While abandoning the linear narrative of their last album The Monitor, the songs on Local Business aim to make explicit the implications of the first two LPs, that the inherent meaninglessness of life in an absurd universe gives the individual power to create their own values and their own morality. Along the way, we witness a devastating automobile wreck, a food fight (that is to say, a battle with an eating disorder), an electrocution, a descent into insanity, and ultimately, a forgiveness of the self for its many faults. Titus Andronicus even finds time to broaden its emotional palette to include moments of pure positivity,
brief respites from the usual doom and gloom.

Tracklist:

1. Ecce Homo

2. Still Life With Hot Deuce And Silver Platter

3. Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape With The Flood Of Detritus

4. Food Fight!

5. My Eating Disorder

6. Titus Andronicus VS. The Absurd Universe (3rd Round KO)

7. In A Big City

8. In A Small Body

9. (I Am The) Electric Man

10. Tried To Quit Smoking

Limited red vinyl available from the XL Store. Titus's only upcoming date at the moment is Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin (which is currently holding a scavenger hunt)

I really like the song, and the new stuff sounds great live. Definitely a move away from the epicness of The Monitor, but should be a great album.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 11:35 AM

They sure do like New Jersey...

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 11:47 AM

They sure do have that 15-year old, embarrassing diary entry thing down. To think like this past the age of 16 is a pathetic, extended adolescence.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 11:54 AM

11:54 yea, I kind of don't get what everyone sees in this band that they don't see in pretty much all of those post-emo circa 2003 LI and NJ bands.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 11:55 AM

Whose idea was it to have the vocals louder than everything else? These guys really need to work with a name producer.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 11:57 AM

I like the vocals up front

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 12:34 PM

11:57, it was my idea. I'm sorry. I liked the vocals so much that I just got carried away.

I hereby resign from my post as Relative Volume Distributor, and will commit hari kiri with a shard of a CD (if I can find one)

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 12:37 PM

Putting the lyrics on the video was a bad idea, since the song is pretty much a string of embarrassing cliches.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 1:09 PM

Cringe.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 2:30 PM

I've really liked every incarnation of this band, and I still have high hopes for the new album, but this doesn't sound very good AT ALL.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 3:49 PM

these lyrics are fucking great, you're all fools.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 4:13 PM

Tittus AndVaginacus

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 5:31 PM

Let this be the end

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 7:00 PM

The new Weird Al is going to blow this out of the water.

Posted by Anonymous | September 19, 2012 1:57 AM

youtube has different audio compression for its video qualities - make sure you change it from 360p to 1080p before you listen so the song doesn't sound muddled

Posted by Anonymous | September 19, 2012 10:55 AM

I loved the last two albums but that song was terrible.

Posted by Anonymous | September 19, 2012 11:22 AM