Posted in music | pictures on September 11, 2012

photos by Gretchen Robinette

The Bronx / Screaming Females at Riot Fest Brooklyn 9/8/2012
Screaming Females

While no tornados touched down in Williamsburg on Saturday (9/8) the crazy storms cut the first-ever Brooklyn edition of Riot Fest short at 6PM after The Bronx's set, meaning only The Bronx, Screaming Females, The Menzingers and Larry and His Flask actually played. The Descendents and Hot Water Music got moved to Saint Vitus and Gogol Bordello didn't play anywhere.

Pictures from openers Larry & His Flask are HERE and more pics of the other three bands who played Riot Fest Brooklyn are below.

The Menzingers

The Menzingers

The Menzingers

The Menzingers

The Menzingers

The Menzingers

The Menzingers

The Menzingers

The Screaming Females

The Bronx

You could have easily snuck a picture of any Screaming Females show there ever was in there and I wouldn't have even noticed it wasn't the same show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 10:47 AM

Who is this Screaming Females band? They've never played here before. It'd be cool if they did a show with Titus Andronicus, that way we finally get those two to play a NYC-area show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 10:52 AM

Yeah, let's complain about the awesome local band playing too many local shows. Sounds like someone's angry that their irony-laden synth-goth band can't book an open mic. I was at Riot Fest, and aside from the vocals being too low, the Screaming Females killed it. I hope they play they area every weekend.

Posted by Justin | September 11, 2012 11:03 AM

I swear if I have to see any more pictures of that fugly-ass chimpanzee looking bitch from Screaming Females I am sending BV a package full of poop.

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 11:21 AM

HATE KILLS

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 11:38 AM

I don't know this band "Screaming Females" but I had a screaming female situation the other night. Let me explain:
So there I was just strolling down Bedford avenue with my girlfriend doing some shopping. We had gotten all sorts of great stuff that day, the new Animal Collective album, a few vintage t-shirts, some organic lip balm and stuff, and we had really worked up an appetite.
My girlfriend recommended we go to Oasis, so we walked in there and ordered a couple hummus platters and pita triangles to-go. Once it was prepared I grabbed the bag and we hailed a taxi to take us back to our north Williamsburg loft space. However once we arrived home it appeared I left one of the shopping bags in the taxi! And indeed it was the one from Oasis! Needless to say, my female started screaming!

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 12:35 PM

Wow 11:21 if you're going to diss Marrissa like that why don't you just stop reading this. Problem solved.

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 1:48 PM

^ You should have just said "Sorrrrryyy I forgot"

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 1:49 PM

Folks are asses. The chick in The Screaming Females is an amazing guitar player. Better than anyone here might go see live.

Posted by Anonymous | September 11, 2012 3:02 PM

Looks like a amazing show.

Posted by jordon | July 22, 2013 2:09 PM