Posted in To Do | music on September 17, 2012

Deerhoof at ATP 2011 (more by Dana (distortion) Yavin)
Deerhoof

* Tony Scherr Trio with Anton Fier and Rob Jost @ Living Room
* Mike Bones, Ken Griffin, Joe Denardo/Mike Bones Duo @ Zebulon
* Pictureplane, Dog Leather, Debbie DJs Dallas @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Deerhoof, Buke and Gase, Mirel Wagner @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* The Campilongo Quartet with Erik Deutsch, Jeff Hill, Tony Mason @ Living Room
* Madame Mayhem, Static Summer, Threats, Shannon McArdle @ The Mercury Lounge
* Patterson Hood (and the Downtown Rumblers), Hope For AGoldenSummer @ Bowery Ballroom
* Morgan O'Kane, Ezekial Healy, Melanie Moser, De///Lion, The Rude Mechanical Orchestra @ Death By Audio
* Heavenly Beat, Splash, Psychobuildings, Beach Day, Young Boys, Plastic Flowers (DJ set) @ The Studio at Webster Hall

In honor of the one year anniversary of Occupy Wall Street, protestors have returned to celebrate with a "roving carnival of resistance." People began gathering over the weekend, during which there was an anniversary concert with Tom Morello, Jello Biafra, Lee Ranaldo, My Brightest Diamond, and more.

The "Et Cetera" Festival continues tonight at Public Assembly.

The Wu-Block tour (aka Ghostface Killah and Sheek Louch) was supposed to hit Highline Ballroom tonight, but has been rescheduled for October 28 (after initially being rescheduled for tonight from August 8). Tickets are still available and all purchased tickets for either past date will be honored.

Follow @BrooklynVegan on Twitter.
Follow @bvChicago for just Chicago stuff.
Also follow @bvAustin for just Austin stuff.

Be our friend on Facebook too, and BV Austin's friend on Facebook and BV Chicago's friend on Facebook.

Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.

Cat Power made a video for the song "Cherokee," off her new album, Sun. Watch it below.

Jim Noir released his new album, Jimmy's Show, in the UK today. Check out the video for "Tea" below.

What else?

Cat Power - "Cherokee"

Jim Noir - "Tea"

Glad to see Deerhoof is still playing. That's not meant as snark, either. None of the times I've seen them have been remotely similar, and they've all been great. Fuck the haters.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 11:09 AM

Whoa, quiet night... is everyone rush-a-homeing

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 11:13 AM

Happy 5773 to all our Goyim friends !!!

And i find Deerhoof overrated boring And pretty annoying so fuck me.

Posted by ME | September 17, 2012 11:14 AM

Silent night, holy night, apparently.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 2:42 PM

Buke and Gase is awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 3:48 PM

Shanna Tova bitches!
And Deerhoof are the fucking shizzle son - too bad you have no taste or sense of adventure my brother!.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 4:08 PM

"sense of adventure"? huh?

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 4:23 PM

^ dumb
^ as
^ fuck
^ right
^ there

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 4:36 PM

Deerhoof is clown shit. They're hacks trying to sound experimental with the token asian woman upfront for all the indie fetishists.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 4:52 PM

Yea, someone tell that signer to stop being Asian. Who does she think she's fooling.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 4:59 PM

I'd estimate upwards of 70% of the bands featured on BV could be far more accurately described as "hacks trying to sound experimental."

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 5:02 PM

4:59, wildly missing the point.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 5:05 PM

I would bet this month's rent that 80% of this shit on 4:52's iPod would objectively fit the "hacks trying to sound experimental" designation.

I would bet next month's rent that he or his roommate is in a band that can't get booked, which they ascribe to "sounding too experimental"

Yup, even on new years there's an ass cheek willing to expose hisself. (ah, that would be you 4:52).

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 5:07 PM

Actually I think 4:59 + 5:02 pretty thoroughly covers it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 5:13 PM

If you can't refute that Deerhoof is clown shit, just make up an imaginary straw man for the offending poster and that will make you feel better.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 5:24 PM

How would one go about refuting someone's subjective tastes?

Also, straw men arguments have a long and storied tradition in Internet Comment Arguments, lets please respect that.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 5:34 PM

Buke and Gase is awesome. Deerhoof's new stuff is a little boring compared to their old stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 5:35 PM

Fyi the deerhoof / buke show is sold out!

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2012 9:20 PM

^Fyi, Firstly selling out Music Hall is not a big deal and certainly not some barometer of a band being big or not. Secondly, it was not sold out. They were selling tickets at the box office. Walked by there on my way home.

Any other stupid things you want to say, 9:20 PM?

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 12:06 AM

Hummus is a really good snack at 2:18am, and I am feeling the phyto-nutrients pump through my veins.

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 2:18 AM

Look at that midnight manifesto. That guy informed possible attendees that the show sold you. Woosh right over your autistic head it went!

Posted by Anonymous | September 18, 2012 11:06 AM

I love how he shakes his hair.

Posted by jordon | July 21, 2013 8:56 PM

http://www.foodsthatboostyourmetabolism.com/food-combinations-that-burn-fat/ This is the worst article of all, I've read, You are the worst writer. Thank you, this is the worst thing I've read. Reading this article - the gift of your time

Posted by Foods That Increase Metabolism | August 9, 2013 9:27 PM

http://www.produkk-link.com/penyakit-obatnya-penyembuhan/suplemen-pembakar-lemak-terbaik/ Thank you for what you have. This is the best post I've read. I will not talk about your competence, the article simply disgusting. You just copied someone else's story

Posted by Fast Metabolism Diet Recipes Yummy | August 9, 2013 9:27 PM

http://www.fatburningfoodsformen1.com/low-fat-low-cholesterol-diet-cookbook-plan-recipes-uk-for-weight-loss/ I am a long time ago I read your blog and has long been saying that you're a great writer. Say "thanks" you to your parents that they gave you the world

Posted by fat burning foods for men | August 9, 2013 9:28 PM

http://obatpelangsingherbaltubuhcepat.com/obat-herbal-untuk-pelangsing-tubuh/ I found what I was looking for. great article, thanks. Subscribed to your blog, thanks. I can not figure out how do I subscribe to your blog

Posted by Obat Pelangsing | August 9, 2013 9:28 PM

http://www.fastmetabolismdietrecipes.com/master-your-metabolism-recipes-250-fat-torching-recipes-yummy/ Thank you for your work. Article helped me a lot. Really worthwhile article. Pay attention Hey, buddy, I have not figured out how to subscribe

Posted by produk k link | August 9, 2013 9:29 PM

http://www.foodsthatincreasemetabolismandburnfat.com/foods-that-burn-belly-fat-for-men/ I am looking for a competent writer, long time in this area. Excellent article!
I have read not one article on your blog. You're a big lad

Posted by Foods That boosty your metabolism recipes | August 9, 2013 9:30 PM