Godspeed You! Black Emperor in Brooklyn in 2011 (more by Greg Cristman)
today in NYC
* Dala @ Joe's Pub
* ASSSSCAT 3000 @ UCB
* Gypsyblood @ 929 XPO
* The Luddites @ The Stone
* Stephanie Wrembel @ Barbes
* Hannibal Buress @ Knitting Factory
* Tift Merritt, Chris Mills @ City Winery
* The Famous Accordion Orchestra @ Barbes
* Appomattox, 3D Cosby, Suturee @ Cameo Gallery
* Eli Zoller and O, Pioneer Band @ Joe's Pub
* Metric, Half Moon Run @ Radio City Music Hall
* Gang Gang Dance, Prince Rama @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Young London, Elliot and the Ghost @ Littlefield
* Lil' Thief, Alice Cohen, Beach Arabs, Ian Drennan @ Zebulon
* EULA, Slothrust, Desert Sharks, Grass Is Green @ Shea Stadium
* Will Johnson, Anders Parker, Steve Bartolomei @ Mercury Lounge
* Lee "Scratch" Perry, Sinkane, Dre Skull @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Scott & Charlene's Wedding, Native Cats, The Estrogen Highs @ Cake Shop
* DJ Rashad, Total Freedom, Visionist, J-Cush @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Tiberius (covering Spaceman 3), Snowmine, ARMS, Spanish Prisoners @ Pianos
* Wishes & Thieves, Treasure Teeth, My Midnight Heart, Cold Blood Club @ Glasslands
* Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The Make-Up, Hot Snakes, The Magic Band, Autolux, Thee Oh Sees, The Album Leaf, Braids, Quintron & Miss Pussycat, Factory Floor, Tall Firs, Death Grips, Blanck Mass, Psychic Paramount, Endless Boogie, Demdike Stare, Jonathan Toubin @ Pier 36
Fiona Apple was arrested in Texas for possession of hash, was forced to postpone her Austin show on Thursday (9/20) but made it to her Houston show on Friday (9/21). On stage at that show, she discussed the arrest. Read what she wrote and watch a video of it HERE.
Dub Champions Festival continues tonight with Lee "Scratch" Perry, Sinkane, and Dre Skull at Music Hall of Williamsburg. It concludes tomorrow (9/24) with Kode9, Appleblim, and Francois K at Deep Space at Cielo (18 Little West 12 St).
There's a "special guest" at the DJ Rashad show at 285 Kent tonight.
If you can't make it to Metric's Radio City show tonight, you can stream it online.
NYC songwriter Alice Cohen, who sang in '80s new wave band The Vels and '90s alternative rock band Die Monster Die, has been keeping up a solo lo-fi career since 2008. She released her most recent solo album, Pink Keys, earlier this year via Olde English Spelling Bee. Catch her at Zebulon tonight.
R&B vet Bobby Womack performed "The Bravest Man in the Universe," "Jubilee," and "Whatever Happened to the Times" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Friday (9/21) with help from Gorillaz/Blur's Damon Albarn, XL Records' Richard Russell, Kwes, TV on the Radio's Jaleel Bunton, and Remi Kakaba, all of who he performed with at Apple Store SoHo last Tuesday (9/18). Check out videos of those performances below.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Bobby Womack - "The Bravest Man in the Universe" on Fallon
Bobby Womack - "Jubilee" on Fallon
Bobby Womack - "Whatever Happened to the Times" on Fallon