Posted in movies | music on October 10, 2012

Walrus

Why yes, we have posted a lot of stuff already today. Here's some more

Mythbuster? More like Myrthbuster. TV personality Jamie Hyneman apparently abandoned his first born. Luckily, NYC has a history of taking your poor, your tired, and your mustachioed; baby Hyneman has taken up residence at the New York Aquarium. (confused?).

Shades of Scott Tenorman: Radiohead Fan Sells Cheating Girlfriend's Tickets Online, Gets Invited to Hang Out with Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul.

Morrissey is in NYC right now and appeared on Colbert.

Bat for Lashes now streaming 6 songs off The Haunted Man at The Guardian; and you can stream Tamaryn's album (via Gorilla Vs. Bear) at the bottom of this post.

Is Spotify's business model broken? Anybody pay for Spotify Premium? (editor's note: I do)

For those who like free stuff: We are giving away two tickets to see Menomena at Bowery Ballroom on October 11 on the BV Facebook Page as well as tickets to Dark Dark Dark and Emily Wells at LPR on 10/13 and to The Darkness at Terminal 5 on 10/21.

Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" "received more performances on U.S. radio and television than any other song in the BMI repertoire during 2011."

The Rolling Stones "are pleased to announce the WORLD EXCLUSIVE first airplay of the brand new single from The Rolling Stones, 'Doom And Gloom' will take place on Thursday October 11th at 8:15am. The single can be downloaded on the same day from iTunes."

Led Zeppelin were hanging out in NYC on the same day Pete Townshend was.

Toro Y Moi has announced that he'll release a new album called Anything In Return on January 21st via Carpark Records.

Hey arty types: design Richard Hawley's Guitar Skin!

I swear we're not making any of this stuff up.

More stuff below...

Have you ever sung Pixies' "Here Comes Your Man" at karaoke? The National's Matt Berninger has:

Congrats to David Cross and Amber Tamblyn.

Hey there's a new Toy Story short from Pixar called "Partysaurus Rex" and you can watch it right here:

Best not to eat cockroaches, or too much sugar...

The Real Bears tell the unhappy truth about soda (Jason Mraz soundtrack included).

Purity Ring announced a tour.

And here's that Tamaryn album stream mentioned above:

CMJ announced their schedule (BrooklynVegan has not).

BUT SAVE THE DATE:

flyer

talk to you later!

cutest walrus ever!

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2012 2:01 AM

kind of

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2012 3:26 AM

Does "BMI" stand for Body Mass Index in this case?

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2012 8:34 AM

any news on the Rolling Stones tour?

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2012 8:37 AM

I've used Spotify Premium since the day it launched in the US and I couldn't possibly live without it. That said, anytime I recommend it to someone they just say, "meh"

Posted by Doc Brown | October 11, 2012 9:16 AM

I too use Spotify premium (ten bucks a month to have it on my phone as well). And like ^ most people I recommend it to are like "meh" since they torrent everything and/or don't have real jobs.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2012 1:31 PM

Great collection of cool pictures, really enjoyed watching these photos. Thanks for sharing with us.

Posted by Evening Dresses | November 23, 2012 12:02 PM

Honestly I would love to have a Walrus these at home! I found it very beautiful, but even if he could not have, she has to live at peace in nature!

Posted by Casas de Massagem | March 8, 2013 2:29 PM

lovely! I want one for me!

Posted by Auto | May 21, 2013 10:43 PM

http://www.foodsthatincreasemetabolismandburnfat.com/foods-that-burn-belly-fat-for-men/ I am looking for a competent writer, long time in this area. Excellent article!
I have read not one article on your blog. You're a big lad

Posted by Foods That boosty your metabolism recipes | August 10, 2013 12:02 AM

http://www.fastmetabolismdietrecipes.com/master-your-metabolism-recipes-250-fat-torching-recipes-yummy/ Thank you for your work. Article helped me a lot. Really worthwhile article. Pay attention Hey, buddy, I have not figured out how to subscribe

Posted by Fast Metabolism Diet Recipes Yummy | August 10, 2013 12:02 AM

http://obatpelangsingherbaltubuhcepat.com/obat-herbal-untuk-pelangsing-tubuh/ I found what I was looking for. great article, thanks. Subscribed to your blog, thanks. I can not figure out how do I subscribe to your blog

Posted by Obat Pelangsing | August 10, 2013 12:03 AM

http://www.fatburningfoodsformen1.com/low-fat-low-cholesterol-diet-cookbook-plan-recipes-uk-for-weight-loss/ I am a long time ago I read your blog and has long been saying that you're a great writer. Say "thanks" you to your parents that they gave you the world

Posted by Foods That Increase Metabolism | August 10, 2013 12:04 AM

http://www.produkk-link.com/penyakit-obatnya-penyembuhan/suplemen-pembakar-lemak-terbaik/ Thank you for what you have. This is the best post I've read. I will not talk about your competence, the article simply disgusting. You just copied someone else's story

Posted by fat burning foods for men | August 10, 2013 12:05 AM

http://www.foodsthatboostyourmetabolism.com/food-combinations-that-burn-fat/ This is the worst article of all, I've read, You are the worst writer. Thank you, this is the worst thing I've read. Reading this article - the gift of your time

Posted by produk k link | August 10, 2013 12:06 AM