Posted in music on October 17, 2012

this is happening Saturday....
tattoos

As you know, we'll be serving complimentary Sailor Jerry drinks at Public Assembly in Brooklyn (70 N. 6th St) this Friday (10/19) AND Saturday (10/20), but on SATURDAY we're ALSO giving out FREE TATTOOS from noon-6pm (first come, first served).
To quote Sailor Jerry:

The Sailor Jerry brand was inspired by tattoo legend, Norman Collins, a true visionary with intense dedication to his craft and an unwavering rebellious and devil-may-care attitude. In honor of Collins' and the spirit of bad add music everywhere. We are proud to have artists Matty No Times and Jeremy Sutton from Three Kings Tattoo Parlor on hand giving complimentary tattoos at our Sailor Jerry Pop-Up Tattoo Shop. Even better, right after you get fresh ink stop by the bar and have a shot on Sailor Jerry Rum.
The tattoo choices are Anchor, Panther, Cherry, Dice, Swallow, and Sailor Girl, but there's a catch! We'll have a dart board and you have to shoot and get whatever tattoo it lands on! Crazy people can start lining up at 11:30am Saturday at Public Assembly...

and STAY TUNED FOR THE SATURDAY LINEUP OF MUSIC on two stages.
Meanwhile check out Friday's lineup.

very good! I'll try to win my, I love this particular style of that artist, I mean, I love your work!

Posted by Moda Feminina | October 17, 2012 10:41 AM

get SKATERS for this bill!

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 10:42 AM

main attracktionz plzzzz

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 10:44 AM

dont you think these people already have too many regrettable tattoos?

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 10:52 AM

is there going to be a bounce artist

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 10:53 AM

Get lots of pictures of these idiots BV.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 11:04 AM

Can't have too many regrettable tattoos. Worth it to get some 3 kings bangers.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 11:20 AM

Tattoos = Bell-bottoms you can't take of.

Millennials should jump on this though. When else can you exercise a complete lack of judgment or foresight FOR FREE?

That being said, someone get a tub of Sabra tattoo.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 11:40 AM

Three Kings Tattoo FREAKIN Rules.. Sailor Jerry flash
#ClassicBV
Going to be the best CMJ ever!!!

Posted by #NoChase | October 17, 2012 12:19 PM

step right up an limit your employment options! Three Kings FREAKIN rules!

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 12:28 PM

"The tattoo choices are Anchor, Panther, Cherry, Dice, Swallow, and Sailor Girl, but there's a catch! We'll have a dart board and you have to shoot and get whatever tattoo it lands on!"

i just wanna see the kind of people that actually do stuff like this. you have to be either covered head-to-toe in tats, or beyond stupid

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 12:45 PM

^There are a whole generation of kids that are, in fact, beyond stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 12:55 PM

@1255 if you think that any particular generation is 'beyond stupid,' then you're beyond stupid.

i bet those kids think you're stupid because you can't figure out how to use your e-mail n shit, everything's relative.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 12:57 PM

^I mean everyone generation has fashion trends. Of course. But that's what they were, fashion trends. If a kid from my generation had some dopey hairstyle, yes it was stupid, but Manic Panic washes away in time. So in that regard, this tattoo trend is uniquely stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 1:08 PM

lol scarves trying to act civil when trying to discuss flaming fashion... in other news the sun rose yet again!

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 2:42 PM

smh @ buckeye shrimper. You should go get a ♂ tattoo.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:19 PM

yes kids go get a fucking stupid looking tattoo that you will soon later regret. so fucking lame.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:34 PM

I'm 36 and several of my friends have already looked into or undergone laser removal procedures that are super expensive and don't always work.

Think harder about it kids. What you think is cool at 25 rarely is what you think is cool at 35. That image that is just soooo meaning full and important to you, maybe just get a print for your wall?

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:43 PM

^ you really seem to care a lot about what other people do with themselves, considering you follow anything tattoo related all over this site. Your life must be amazing and completely fulfilling.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:44 PM

^nice move. Attack the messenger and not the message. Enjoy your self-inflicted scarlet letters of stupidity.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:51 PM

Kinda amazed there are people who still think tattoos are taboo. It's 2012, your grandma probably has a tattoo. Remove the stick from your ass and enjoy yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:55 PM

Tattoos, especially visible ones, are still taboo amongst smart successful people who value sound judgement and foresight. If you want to work a blue collar job, go nuts. If you are looking to be a professional think a little harder about it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:59 PM

I'm 3:44, my message was directed at 3:44, and I have no tattoos, hence I do not care if other people have them.

However, the fact that you think that they are some sort of scarlet letter leads me to believe that you have no exposure whatsoever to the real world.

Obviously, if you have sleeves or a neck tattoo that's not the best look for a professional career, but you morons on this endless crusade do realize that plenty of people's work is covered up by the typical business casual clothing, correct? It's 2012, not the 1950's, people really don't care about this stuff nearly as much as you do.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 3:59 PM

correction, message was directed at 3:34

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:01 PM

^this.

I have a handful of tattoos. Some in highly visible places, others less so. I have held several well-paying professional (read: desk) jobs in a variety of industries and never once have my tattoos been a problem, or even viewed as anything but normal.

Your worldview is severely limited if you think anyone in this day and age gives a second thought about whether or not someone has tattoos.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:03 PM

People care. Keep in mind kids, tattoos have ZERO functional purpose. They are 100% fashion, and not only does fashion change, but you change.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:05 PM

It's all remove the stick out of your ass, enjoy yourself, until shit doesn't pan out. Then it's the systems not fair, occuppy!

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:10 PM

4:03 if you have had "several well-paying professional (read: desk) jobs in a variety of industries", you don't really have a career.

The higher up you go, the less tolerance there is for the lack of judgment and foresight inherent in tattoos. Whether you are aware of it or not, you will be judged on it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:13 PM

^well, there's really no rebuttal to such a sound and incredibly well delivered argument. Congratulations, douchebag.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:13 PM

Tatoos look trashy.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:16 PM

What I don't get is what the positive side of tattoos are. What's the pro argument based on? They look 'neat' right now? Doesn't make any sense to me. Other than it's a cheap way to get superficial attention.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:20 PM

We live in an image obsessed culture. So many people want to "follow the crowd" which I really don't understand. I am sure it has a lot to do with all the insecurities that people have. If anything it's cool not to have a tattoo.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:23 PM

Not going to waste the time explaining this on an anonymous blog. But 4:13 your statement is far from accurate and again leads me to believe that you don't actually work in the corporate world.

You attempt to speak authoritatively about this but what you're saying just comes across as dated speaking as someone currently in this environment. There are recent studies by the EEOC amongst others which confirm this.

There are some managers who care, some who don't, plain and simple. The simple solution is non visible tattoos covered up by work clothing.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:25 PM

3:43-well put.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:28 PM

^um, I absolutely do. While I don't know if the hundreds of people I deal with a month have a tattoos on their asses or whatever, no one has any visible tattoos including shorts sleeves, and most likely shorts.

I imagine you either have tons of dumb tattoos or work in the tattoo industry, but you're giving young people awful advice.

Like 4:20 asked, what's the positive of these tattoos? What's the upside? I mean if you're going to least employ the good sense to not get tattoos that can't be covered by standard professional attire, why not take it a step further and simply forgo them entirely?

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:30 PM

4:25 is right.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:36 PM

I have a friend who got a dumb tattoo when he was twenty. Later he spent thousands of dollars getting laser treatments to have it removed, which didn't really work. He then had to get a new full sleeve tattoo just to cover up the scar tissue, which he is embarrassed of. He does well for himself, own his own contracting company, and wears long sleeve t-shirts even when it is 90+ degrees out. Why, because people tend not to go with contractors with a full sleeve tattoo. He very much learned the hard way.

I think arguments like 4:25's, and really the tattoo industry in general, is pretty gross. They profit on young kids who really aren't far enough down to road to make responsible decisions. It's sort of akin to how the credit card companies preys on college freshman.

And this, throw a dart at a dartboard, and get a tattoo of wherever it lands, is particularly short-sighted and gross. Shame on you Three Kings.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2012 4:46 PM

I have tattoos in visible places that can be covered up by work clothes but I still agree with 4:46 right there.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:35 AM

I have a tattoo on my dick that your girlfriend has seen on numerous occasions

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 3:25 AM

step right up an limit your employment options.

Posted by шины | October 18, 2012 5:12 AM

^ Yes, I'm sure you have an intimate understanding of unemployment seeing as how you're constantly posting about tattoos on brooklynvegan at all hours of day and night and clearly have no job at all.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 8:16 AM

I always said to someone who wanted to get a tattoo pick your design print it on a shirt and wear that shirt non-stop for a month...tired of it then? If yes don't do it...if no go right ahead!

Posted by The needle and the damage done | October 18, 2012 10:22 AM

LMAO at 4:25 and his EEOC studies. Puhleeze. Go take a drive to a wealthy neighborhood and check out the tattoo activity and then go take a drive to a poor neighborhood and do the same. That will be the only study you need.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:01 AM

wow...judge much? I'm a 39 year old exec, and still getting tattooed.

Posted by rob | October 18, 2012 11:15 AM

^um dopey, I'm sure you're an 'exec' and all that, but the entire point of what a lot of people have written in the thread is that you will be judged based on your decisions regarding tattoos.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:18 AM

By a whole lot of people 11:18 means one other strangely bitterly obsessed person and himself. Why the obsession with what other people do with themselves? Serious question: who cares?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:22 AM

11:18 is such a typical lame BV response to anything that doesn't fit into the troll's mind blowingly narrow and woefully inaccurate worldview.

"A person who doesn't fit my incredibly sheltered and stupid sweeping generalization? He MUST be lying LOLOLOL"

Your insecurity practically drips off of the page, it's comical.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:26 AM

^it's a mitzvah, for the kids.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:26 AM

11:26 my insecurity? Ha, I'm not the attention starved freak who needs to doodle all over myself.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:31 AM

3:43 nailed it

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:35 AM

You are, however, the attention starved loser who is on some sort of bizarre one man anonymous douche-crusade to whine and moan about tattoos on any and every page that mentions them like some sort of neglected stepford wife...

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:37 AM

^god forbid anyone criticizes the tattoo industry that preys on naive and impressionable young people.

I think some of the three 'kings' are positing here.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:39 AM

^Yes, it's a total conspiracy dude!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:41 AM

^go get a sweet ass cherry tattooed on your hand for free!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:42 AM

you'll get farther without tattoos in any corporate profession, unless you are the head of your own company/firm. no one is going to make the guy with sleeve tats a partner when they have dozens of qualified professionals who don't happen to have those distracting, unprofessional marks visible all over their body.

i know it sucks, but getting a tattoo implies a certain variety of individuality and free-thinking that a lot of professional environments don't welcome. it is a sign of risky behavior, and that you are not easily controlled, which from a managerial and structural standpoint is always a negative.

this just seems like common sense to me. that being said, most people with visible tattoos usually don't choose those types of professions specifically because they are aware - consciously or unconsciously - that the tattoos will prevent them from excelling to the top of their field.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:46 AM

what about the hedge fund managers who have the same "Look at Me!" style as the singer from Batillus?

STILL WAITING.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:54 AM

You know... not everyone cares to be a stuffy "exec" ...I would rather enjoy my life how I like it. Full of art, creativity, freedom, love, and happiness MY way! I do have a tattoo on each forearm... and it has never stopped me from any job I've went for. I used to be in one of the corporate jobs even with the tattoos, and it just isnt for me. Not everyone thinks or feels the same, and if you guys have an opinion, the way to get it across isn't to be hateful and finger pointing and childish. All that does is make people tune you the f*ck out. Some of you people need to try a new approach if you want to get through to those "young and impressionable kids". And i doubt an anonymous forum is going to reach out anyway.

Posted by Ashley-Not Anonymous! | October 18, 2012 11:56 AM

"Full of art, creativity, freedom, love, and happiness MY way!"

adorable, I hope you're under 25.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:58 AM

^This guy REALLY cares that people who he supposedly hates hear his opinion. The same redundant droning, over, and over, and over, and over again. Keep abusing that F5 button, someday, someone will care about your opinion, i'm sure of it!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 12:01 PM

another thing is that what works when you're 25 doesn't always work when you're 45+. both with regards to your tattoos, and your lifestyle choices. that's why you always see the wives jumping ship to be with suits.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 12:02 PM

I'm not... but I do spend every moment I can cherishing life. I worked hard to get to a place in life where I could let my hair down and do things that make me happy instead of worrying about what everyone else is doing or thinking about me. Theres no use in living your whole life in a cage just to pay the bills and die.

Posted by Ashley-Not Anonymous! | October 18, 2012 12:04 PM

Eh, let the morons have their cheap attention. It's all most of them are ever going to get. Social Darwinism at works folks.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 12:06 PM

"Theres no use in living your whole life in a cage just to pay the bills and die."

If you think that is what corporate executives do, then you are ten-years-old. They work a lot, and then they go to private islands and hunt people for sport while having exotic models massage their grundles.

they also just roll around the city in the nighttime hours and bang all the gallery owners/artists/tattooed girls that you tattoo'd folks are fawning over. trust me, i know. that's half the reason they work so hard.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 12:25 PM

Where is James Cameron? We must find the bar and raise it!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 12:31 PM

You would have to be a complete idiot to let a dart toss determine a choice of a few pieces of cheap flash that you would wear on your body free and in turn become a brand tool. I can't believe Sailor Jerry would go for this. It's despicable and cheapens an art form older than civilization as we know it. It ALSO cheapens what was up till now a great brand that seemed to know their audience - now it seems to want to manufacture the audience. As far as these ridiculous comments regarding corporate executives. I work in marketing.I am basically a suit and I play in several bands. I write about art and pop culture and get that writing published. I run nightlife events with my friends for no other reason than to be creative and have fun AND we make a buck or two while at it. I have SEVERAL tattoos that have NEVER kept me from getting further. I get jobs denied to grad school diploma holders because of my track record, in fact I'm a GED holder with only a trade school degree I never used. I make more money than my friends with Ivy league credentials, most of whom were in and out of jobs for the last 10 years while I just kept getting promoted.The small mindedness of the statements on both sides of this conversation show a great deal of immaturity. Here's a tip for all of you all. The business world could care less about your tattoos or lack thereof. They care about your results. Granted you may not get a job at Chase with spider tattooed on your forehead but if you can prove you can produce revenue no REAL businessman cares. Don't let any douche tell you you can't be successful with a tattoo or any poser tell you you can't be creative because you wear a tie.

Posted by The Rev. | October 18, 2012 1:16 PM

^You can't even get a foot in the door of any halfway decent marketing job without a Bachelors degree. But cool story.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 1:18 PM

Bullshit - I make a great living and have no degree. I made my own opportunities, proved myself at small firms and moved up from there. You are destined to fail because you think your degree, not your talent define you.

Posted by The Rev. | October 18, 2012 1:39 PM

I got excited because I thought they were temporary tattoos like last year's. poop

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 1:53 PM

1:16 -- are you hiring??

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 1:55 PM

Yes, 1:18, ignore reality and anything that doesn't fit into your small minded and utterly moronic definition of the path to success. If you say it's a lie, it must be, right? You sound like a disgruntled corporate employee who repeats these redundant things to himself over and over again to make your life seem less worthless.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:02 PM

1:16 wins

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:04 PM

1:39 no one is talking about your nightclub/hipster/star-up/fly-by-knight promotion jobs people do in their 20's do. I'm talking about a real career in marketing. And to have a real career in marketing you're going to need at least a bachelors degree, and for anything Director level or above you're probably going to need an MBA.

But yeah keep telling yourself and others that everything will be super cool with a GED. And get more dumb tattoos while you're at it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:07 PM

^Still has no idea what he's talking about, still repeating the same exact talking point incessantly as if he's contributing something new to the conversation.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:11 PM

hahaha, at the ows generation. these kids will never ever put two and two together. it's because either they don't want to take responsibility for their lives, or deep down they know they're not good enough so they hedge themselves out of the competition.

i once met a guy with type 2 diabetes who in simple print had his blood type tattooed on his arm. that was the only tattoo i have ever seen that didn't make me think the person who had it wasn't completely retarded.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:13 PM

2:11 Totally dude. Kids drop out of school. They're are tons of sweet careers to be had with a GED.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:17 PM

2:13: If you so despise this "OWS Generation" why is it that you spend every waking moment on a site whose demographic is made up almost entirely of those people? Could it be that you have absolutely no life whatsoever? Your existence sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:21 PM

2:07 = 100% correct. I'M in marketing. To get a good job you're going to need a BA/MBA.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:23 PM

BV was hardly unanimously pro-OWS. Not even close.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:29 PM

^Yes, two or three trolls constantly posting and patting each other on the back much like they have in this thread is clearly representative of the entire readership of this website. A website called BROOKLYNVEGAN for god's sake.

You're maddeningly stupid, seriously.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:35 PM

^yeah you've got it all figured out. This thread and all the OWS were all written by 2-3 people. Is this the type of insular delusion one must live with to make such poor life choices?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:42 PM

"A website called BROOKLYNVEGAN for god's sake."

bwhahahah.....am I crazy or am I staring at a Bushmills ad?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 2:45 PM

i like turtles

Posted by Doc Brown | October 18, 2012 3:06 PM

@2:45 - actually, Bushmills is vegan-friendly (I just looked it up) - but next time they have a Guinness ad feel free to make that comment.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 3:20 PM

Bushmills = Diageo. Bushmill ads, which personally I am fine with, are hardly OWS territory.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 3:26 PM

My favorite things is that the event is at a tattoo parlor and yet they are calling it a "op-Up Tattoo Shop". Lulz. There is some sweet ass marketing right there. Way to drop a buzz word. They're really breaking the paradigm and thinking outside the box.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 3:28 PM

3:28pm the shop is on Manhattan Ave. The address on that flier is for public assembly. I am fairly certain the tattooing is happening at public assembly and not the Three Kings actual shop, thus a Pop Up Shop.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 3:37 PM

this site was never pro OWS - just go through the comments. this site actually has a surprising mix of commenters. there seem to be a fair deal of corporate types that frequent the site and regularly comment. same with OWS folk.

don't even get me started on the future of OWS folk - if you are part of OWS and you don't realize you are a full-on martyr (who may not even achieve anything), then you are silly.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 3:43 PM

^There are like six people total that comment with any regularity on this site on a daily basis. That much is painfully obvious just observing the same jokes and insults that are employed ad nauseum.

The statement seems pretty obvious from here:

A site catering to hipster music and metal is probably not not the most attractive place for uber conservatives who drop references to old man culture like rush limbaugh and the tea party, unless of course it's the very few of you who come here for the specific purpose of trolling people who have interests which are different from your own. But by all means, keep telling yourself otherwise.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 3:57 PM

There are only 40 people in the world and 5 of them are hamburgers.

And, 3:26, I wasn't talking about OWS at all. I was saying that Bushmills is vegan friendly. What is all this OWS shit you want to talk about?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:06 PM

"But thanks for your intricate breakdown of the readership demographics of a site that gets over 50,000 hits daily based upon anonymous comments by a couple of trolls."

But you totally know, Anonymous 3:57?

"Not to mention, nobody was discussing whether or not this site was pro OWS, I don't even see how that remains to be a relevant issue, it has nothing to do with anything.'

Um 2:21 you revisionist blowhard. Typical OWS mentality. If reality gets in the way, just make shit up.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:08 PM

^It's ok, dude is a little slow. He brings up OWS any and every chance he gets and assumes anyone that doesn't think exactly like him must be some sort of OWS hippie. Wait for it, I'm sure senior citizen troll guy will be commenting on this page well into the morning hours, he has absolutely NO life.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:10 PM

4:08 keep posting and putting money into Brooklyn Vegan's extremely liberal OWS supporting pockets. The irony is almost too much to take.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:13 PM

This guy is a little frightening. I think he really could use a belt of the smooth & mellow stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:16 PM

4:13 hahaha, look at who BV has done business with. He is hardly overthrowing the system.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:20 PM

Now 4:20 can't understand sarcasm either? I think this thread is cooked.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:22 PM

3:20 Diageo owns Guinness as well, so...

4:22 I'm not 4:20 but 4:13 in no way reads as sarcastic.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:26 PM

all right - maybe I'm confused? but again, I couldn't give a fuck about Diageo (and nor could 99% of this site's readers, I'm guessing) but the point was that Bushmills doesn't use animal bladders in production, and Guinness does.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:36 PM

^$ all winds up in the same place.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 4:39 PM

lol pleassseee explain to me how this site 'supports OWS' or puts money in their pockets in any way.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:23 PM

Went out to get lunch today at a sandwich shop and the kid working the register had tattoos on his knuckles and neck. Maybe 18/19 years old. Probably making minimum wage or about that. Now what's that kid's plan? What could he possibly be thinking? It was kinda sad really.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:32 PM

Uh am I missing something or Do you know many hipster vegans who are also arch conservatives. Its not real difficult to understand holmes. You are an absolute fucking retard.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:35 PM

^dumb as fuck right there.

Yes, everyone who posts here is a vegan. You've got it all figured out.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:39 PM

5:35 Brooklyn has changed a lot over the past ten years. It's not some bohemian enclave. Where do you think the hummus necessary to build all those condos came from? It's not from some 'the devil may care' free expression stance. Point being, Brooklyn is probably at least a lot more fiscally conservative than you might think. I think the comments on this thread are a reflection of that.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:44 PM

539

English dumb motherfucker. Do you speak it?

It was asked how could it be implied that the SITE OWNER is liberal. The site is called brooklyn vegan. Thus the question: do you know an abundance of hardcore conservative vegans. Please kill yourself immediately and stop wasting valuable oxygen

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:46 PM

^ but the site is not ABOUT veganism Einstein.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:48 PM

5:48 holy fuck stop the presses right there. That's some fucking groundbreaking news! You can't really be this stupid, right?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:52 PM

so your theory is that anybody interested in the Brooklyn music scene is inherently a liberal? Ha!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 5:54 PM

5:32-That's a good question. What was he thinking? With tattoos on his knuckles and neck it's obvious he was yearning for attention. It's only a matter of time until he will realize that he made a poor decision. Those tattoos will most likely keep him from moving farther up in his professional life. It's quite possible he may be a cashier the rest of his life. I am a little surprised he was even able to get a cashier position.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 7:10 PM

a pop up tattoo shop at a bar? that can't be legal.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 9:13 PM

^that's because it's not.

I just called 311 and dropped a dime.

BV Trolls 1
Malignant tattoo industry 0

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 9:39 PM

^wrong link but you are correct that it is illegal. lulz at calling 311. BV trolls are for the kidz!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 9:53 PM

FUCK MY TOOTH

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 10:38 PM

OMG this thread is epic. Who the fuck thought it was Kosher to give tattoos out at a bar serving alcohol? I mean, how dumb can you be? Someone must have hired one of those marketing dudes with a GED. And lol at 9:39. You called 311! I will dip a pita chip in your honor tonight sir!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 10:39 PM

only pussies get tattoos any more. and of course rap stars, but they start out with limited employment options out the gate.

unless you are independently wealthy or can rhyme like raekwon you'd be a pussy to get a tattoo.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 10:39 PM

"All I know is I woke up on the lawn with a screaming headache and this brand new tattoo"

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 10:42 PM

I think that people that get tattoos are idiots, but calling 311? That's a whole new level of myron-ism. Bet you told the teacher who was making fun of her when she turned around too, huh?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 10:44 PM

"...but they start out with limited employment options out the gate."

Thanks for your insight closet racist.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 10:57 PM

$$$$$$$$ SSS$$$
$$$$$$$$ :$$$$;
:$$$$SS; `^^'
TSSSSP
`^^'

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:06 PM

9:39 you are so sincere and noble.
I think that you would be lots of fun to hang out with.
Let's hang out, bro.

| * |
\ /
\ |_w_| /
_) \ ` / (_
(((---' '---)))

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:12 PM

somewhere in NYC a lawyer is salivating.....

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:14 PM

wha? everyone knows that rap people start off selling drugs in the ghetto. this is common knowledge. how does pointing this out make me a closet racist mr. sanctimony?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:14 PM

Eat a bag of dicks 3:24! Totally out of line!

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:16 PM

Whoh dude 11:14 ... maybe chill?

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:20 PM

^im not a lawyer. im also not promoting some sketch shit w/ my ass hanging out.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:31 PM

THIS EVENT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2012 11:39 PM

Obama has a tattoo of the Soviet sickle and hammer on his ass right next to the star and moon of Islam. Obama is all about keepin 'it reeeeaaaal.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 5:03 AM

No band needs a bassist, yet every band could USE a bassist, heh, gorn, gorn, spleef.

Posted by Mince Turkouw | October 19, 2012 7:05 AM

Sorry guys. Just figured I'd make an ass of myself here. Feel free to kick me in the ass hrong bfffwart? cheeeeww!

Posted by Mince Turkouw | October 19, 2012 8:12 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 9:57 AM

everyone wants to look the same. so fucking sad.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 10:10 AM

^smh @ buckeye shrimper

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 10:24 AM

^smh @ buckeye shrimper

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 10:36 AM

^smh @ buckeye shrimper

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 10:45 AM

10:44 thank you for repeating the same thing for at least the 112th time. I hear if you keep incessantly repeating the same thing that it makes your opinion that much more valid. Keep up the good work.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 10:57 AM

^smh @ buckeye shrimper

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 11:23 AM

"Wow. I seriously hate tattoos. Would never date a girl that had them, think they look trashy, etc. But 9:39 is without a doubt the biggest faggot in the history of the internet. What a giant pussy."

this dude is a catchhhhh

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 12:20 PM

10:44 is the newest internet meme

"Stands Up To Evil Bar Tattoos;
Supports Legalizing Drugs"

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 12:59 PM

just another inane comment. thank you.

Posted by rich s | October 19, 2012 1:11 PM

12:59 nice false equivalency. Now get busy you shilll and find another way to market this lowbrow liquor company.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 1:17 PM

^ smh @ buckeye shrimper

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 1:34 PM

lol @ public assemnly risking their liquor license for this. How dumb can you be? You better hope dude didn't really call 311.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 2:17 PM

^I'm sure that they will be fine. You losers who spend all of your life posting here really think that anyone cares about this? Yes, i'm sure there will be an entire fleet of law enforcement headed to public assembly immediately to stop this. You have delusions of grandeur. Meanwhile outside of internet loser fantasy land people have bigger things to worry about.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 3:33 PM

^You are apparently extremely unfamiliar with Bloomberg NYC

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 3:39 PM

^you're apparently unfamiliar that this is still going on without a hitch.

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 3:42 PM

iPods

Posted by Anonymous | October 19, 2012 11:04 PM

I have a tattoo (in a neo-tribal style) of a baby carrot flying into a hummus platter. The chicks really love it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2012 5:07 PM

Is there anything less hip than tattoos? Barf.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2012 6:37 PM

@6:37
A lot of things.
Now, brush your teeth. You've got puke on your breath.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2012 8:19 PM

^uh, but anonymously commenting on BV isn't one of them, right? Because I'm hip. I'm hip.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2012 9:05 PM

^that's because it's not.

I just called 311 and dropped a dime.

BV Trolls 1
Malignant tattoo industry 0

What happened man? Thought you were totally gonna get this thing shut down?

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2012 9:05 AM

I guess it's

"Malignant Tattoo Industry" 1

BV Trolls 0

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2012 9:12 AM

This store has to be one of the biggest jokes in the city.You're better off buying recods in the street.

Posted by Jokes 2013 | November 22, 2012 4:04 PM

the festival loses tons of appeal if they leave the polo grounds. the venue is why most people go!

Posted by Download Google Chrome | December 12, 2012 4:37 PM