Posted in music | pictures on October 1, 2012

photos by Greg Cristman

bad news for jack white fans tonight - he was just spotted outside the Barclays Center looking for a jay-z ticket. - DFA Records

I don't know who had the rights to Radio City Music Hall but I'm pretty sure Jack White owns it now. #2ndnightsuccess - Carson_Kelly

Jack White played everything at double or triple speed, with a lot of anger, and it was awesome. - BuzzFeed

Jack White's only words about last nights #jackwhitedebacle "Thank You" - Lucien Desar

Jack White

Lucky for Jack White Sunday night ticket-holders, the above tweet by DFA Records was untrue, and the White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather/Third Man honcho also played a much longer show than he did on Saturday when he strangely played a super short one.

Here are some pictures from the short Saturday NYC show, and the longer setlist from Sunday at Radio City. It all continues below...

Jack White

JACK WHITE SETLIST 9/30/12 (via)
Missing Pieces
Weep Themselves to Sleep
Love Interruption
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
Top Yourself/Maggie's Farm (The Raconteurs song)
Cannon/John the Revelator (The White Stripes song)
Screwdriver (The White Stripes song)
Rock Island Line
Blue Blood Blues (The Dead Weather song)
Trash Tongue Talker
Papa Was a Rascal (James Booker cover)
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
I'm Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes song)
We're Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes song)
Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy
Hypocritical Kiss
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes song)
-----
Freedom At 21
Sixteen Saltines
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)
Goodnight, Irene (Lead Belly cover)

What a dick

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:16 AM

Jerkoff

Posted by MCostaNYC | October 1, 2012 12:21 AM

piece of shit

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:23 AM

Hahaha

Posted by Saturday Blues(!) | October 1, 2012 12:28 AM

He still only played for 75 or 80 minutes...can't believe people can't do anything other than compare it despite it being a super short set tonight anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:30 AM

SPRINGSTEEN > WHITE

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:30 AM

anyone > white

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:51 AM

Jack White is THE shit. The fucking real deal. Rock and roll still lives with him. Or have you all gotten soft and forgotten what real rock stars look like? He backed his shit up tonight w/a killer set. The best the so called stars today do is fucking lip synch, use autotune, wear meat dresses, vomit on stage while their backing track plays on. Fuck all ya'll trying to stunt on White. Do you Jack.

Posted by Maximus | October 1, 2012 12:53 AM

This show was incredible. People need to get over Saturday seriously. Big deal if he didnt finish on Sat. Who knows what the hell happened. We've all had our days.
This guy is a real badass musician and artist.
Respect.

Posted by Human | October 1, 2012 12:55 AM

For real - White KILLED IT tonight. I was there, could give a fuck what went down Saturday. He was burning it up tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:58 AM

I so agree with Maximus

Posted by Human | October 1, 2012 12:58 AM

Fuck Jack White. Jay-Z killed it at Barclays tonight and will continue to do so for the next 5 shows. The most joyous concert I've ever been to.

The true king of Brooklyn.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:00 AM

fuck you, jack white

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:02 AM

Jay-Z - fucking sellout illuminati wanna be. He can be King of Brooklyn. Jack White gonna rule the world. Give me a real, raw, old school genius like White - erryday! You know, someone who makes REAL music.

Posted by Bing | October 1, 2012 1:04 AM

Equally laughing at the pathetic twits saying both Jack White and Jay Z killed it.

How did you morons migrate to this blog?. Who told you about it? Please go back to the Z100 forums or whatever rocks you crawled out from under.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:05 AM

What the fuck you doing here then? How soon till you have to turn lights off in Mommy basement? Get your fat ass up and go get a sandwich before she comes down there and whoops yo ass little boy.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:07 AM

I agree with 1:05.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:17 AM

I did not think he "killed" Sunday at RCMH at all. Sure, It had killers solos and all but he just looked pissed and in auto pilot. Honestly I don't care about this "Rock'n'roll attitude" that he can get away with anything. And I can't even imagine how people felt to pay top dollars Sat. Pretty lame Mr. White

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:49 AM

12:53 must be an absolutely awful person. YEAH BRO! ugh, die in a ditch.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:14 AM

1:17- thats because you are 1:05. pathetic

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:16 AM

i heard the second night was better than the first night. can't remember who told me that. can't remember my own last name.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:26 AM

Tonight was obviously better than last night, but by no means was it good. Jack was on auto pilot the entire time, practically running through the set so he could finish. His energy was painfully low for most of the show, and you could see how defeated he felt in his body language. Definitely not what I was hoping for to make up for yesterday.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:34 AM

Jack White seemed a little sluggish on stage... He must not be getting a good intake of phyto-nutrients.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 3:11 AM

Wow, so all is forgiven?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 3:47 AM

GOD, I AM GLAD I DIDNT GROW UP IN THIS GENERATION.

Fucking Hashtags on the flyers? #JackWhitedouchebags

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 3:51 AM

>1:17- thats because you are 1:05. pathetic

I thought the same thing.

Posted by Mark Fromark | October 1, 2012 4:08 AM

"We've all had our days"

Yeah. but do people pay $90 to see your bad day?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 4:14 AM

If you don't like what the guy does or his music, read another post. Your drunk ramblings at 1 am just show that you probably need a job.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 6:04 AM

I love The White Stripes but Jack White is an egotistical asshole

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 6:55 AM

Jack White is this year's Radiohead

..... minus the talent, of course

..... but with all the ego and self-important fail

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 7:25 AM

He still needs to explain Saturday night. Don't let him off scott-free. Playing Radio City solo is a big fucking deal and he blew it big time.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 7:38 AM

I've seen Green Day put on a better show

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 7:48 AM

Eventhough Sunday night was better, it was still too short. The guy has 11 albums under his belt and he can only play for an hour and 15 minutes? He went off around 1030 and radio city closes at 11. Why couldn't he play another half hour? why didn't he say anything to the crowd or introduce his band? Dis!ppointing.......

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 7:52 AM

LULZ LULZ LULZ @ all the fandiots that thought this was going to be anything other than what it turned out to be - an enormous room that still could not hold Jack White's ego. Betcha he "kills it" in Memphis, Akron, and Des Moines though, where the per capita IQ is a bit lower and more easily impressed.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:04 AM

Thank you, 4:14. It's easy for a Sunday night ticket holder to tell Saturday nights to "get over it", but I paid the same amount or more and got screwed out of 30 minutes of music. If it was a ten dollar ticket, oh well, but it wasn't. Jack should have been an adult and finished his set on Saturday night.

But you know what? He won the publicity game. He is all over the news.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:13 AM

was there Saturday. paid $200 for 2 tickets, he's one of my favorite musicians. he fucked us all, money doesn't grow on trees. regardless of bad sound, idiots with camera phones and people sitting.. man up. it's radio city in NYC, the worst rock venue in the world. he's a dickhead, I'll never pay for another show of his. too bad bc his set was amazing.

Posted by jack slight | October 1, 2012 8:14 AM

Whatever happened Sat night is unfortunate because it is now burned into memory--but Sun night I was there and Jack rocked it JW style, screeching and beautiful guitar. Angry, sad, blah blah blah. He expressed himself thru his music. Isn't that what we came for?

Posted by kas | October 1, 2012 8:16 AM

I think the Jonas Brothers play longer

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:17 AM

This was a really good show.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:17 AM

Axl

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:32 AM

ball & biscuit was ridiculous last night

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:35 AM

I bet ball and biscuit was great, that's why I paid for the fuckin ticket. but instead he slapped me in the face with his arrogance.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:39 AM

If he hates New York so much why does he play here?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:46 AM

The White Stripes were the last time he was interesting. Now he i just a HUGE ego. LOL at his cult of followers

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:50 AM

I want the Racs back

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:54 AM

A good rule for live shows...

After a band releases its first album a headlining show should be at least 60 minutes long!

After each album add another 5 minutes to the live show..if there are enough albums you can cap the show at 3 hours...(some artist still play longer Springsteen, Cure, Phish etc)

White has 11 albums..show should be close to two hours by now!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:56 AM

Jack White has 11 albums and he's only playing an hour and 15 minutes?

Springsteen was playing 3 hours after 5 albums so he has no excuse really.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:03 AM

Meg was the only thing keeping him in check.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:04 AM

Glad I spent my money to see the Saturday show where he played 12 songs... good way to lose fans Jack White. I'll never give you another dollar.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:05 AM

Eh - mediocre show at best. He was going through the motions, just like Thom in NJ. He just got my last $

Highlight was clearly the 300 lb. dude going ape on 2 standing/dancing hipsters in the 1st mez. Dude climbed over 2 rows and tackled them...

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:07 AM

I MISS MEG!

#Bringbackmeg

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:25 AM

what a doucebag, i want a refund for sat. night.

Posted by dan mac | October 1, 2012 9:27 AM

I was taking pics with my iPad they didn't care

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:30 AM

Jack White is a complete jerk. I was there Saturday. He lost tons of fans including me. He acted like a spoiled diva. We deserve refunds and apologies.

Posted by bsc | October 1, 2012 9:36 AM

Has anyone gotten through to Radio City to get their refund for the debacle Saturday night? $90 face for a ticket to witness the unprofessional and disrespectful behavior from a 37 year old. I tried Radio City customer service several times yesterday and never got anyone. Guess they turned the phones off. Ticketmaster very nicely told me that they have no responsibility beyond the moment you have your ticket scanned for entry. A lovely system for ripping people off.

Posted by Dennis | October 1, 2012 9:37 AM

Some people like to play music live. They generally don't want to stop playing at their shows. These people are known as musicians.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:38 AM

I've seen local cover bands play longer

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:50 AM

I heard a security guy, when asked last night about the sat debacle, say, "oh, we not s'pose to say nothin bout that."

obviously some shit went down that everyone just plans to sweep under the rug. i'm sure jack's mgr/publicist/whomever told him to keep quiet, play his set, and be done with it. that's pretty much what happened last night and i will be shocked to shit if he, his mgt team, or rcmh says another word about it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:56 AM

don't worry haters...you can play longer shows, with more energy at better venues when you get some talent...

Posted by anon | October 1, 2012 10:00 AM

you don't pull that shit on 5k fans paying top dollar, get over yourself jack white. really irked that I have to hate him now, I take this as a personal insult.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:12 AM

10:00 is Jack White

Posted by Venkman | October 1, 2012 10:17 AM

seriously? Jay-Z. Love them speech impediment bros who have their beats produced for them. Show's Brooklyn for what it is. You love mediocrity.

Jack White? Now that right there is greatness.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:17 AM

Bowery Presents & Ticketmaster are crossing their fingers that no one checks its contract with Jack White. I'd bet that he played a shorter than he was contractually obligated to. I was there on Saturday, and that set was under an hour. I have a hard time believing Bowery Presents didn't have a clause in the contract saying that White needed to play more than 1 hour -- especially with ticket prices at $100.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:19 AM

ha ha 10:00 there are thousands of musicians with as much talent, less ego and play longer...not worth it to me. I have seen the Stripes for $20 bucks play for an hour and a half no longer am I chasing Jack's projects.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:24 AM

That "Top Yourself" was pretty filthy. Who the fuck is "Penny" though? ("I'm not gonna work on Penny's farm no more"??)

Anyway, good show... but as everyone here said it should be longer than an hour and 15 minutes. What a dick.

Posted by The Dude | October 1, 2012 10:25 AM

Even if you love his music, I don't understand how anyone can defend his behavior on Saturday. Sure, some bros keep saying he "Killed It" on Sunday, but that doesn't mean shit to the people he fucked over on Saturday with a truncated set.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:30 AM

i wouldn't mind drinking some bushmills with the chick from best coast

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:37 AM

I was at the show last night and real wanted to love it. And those of you JW fans, please look a little closer at the night objectively rather than theough the lens kd Jack's greater influence. Plainly, It was sloppy and sounded bad. Sure RCMH might not have a good reputation, but it wasn't the acoustics that were lacking. Musically, it felt unrehearsed, unintentional and frenetic. It wasn't mad genius, I just can't give it that much credit. It was falling apart. While I love Jack's albums, I think his energy threw everyone else's off. It was a really weird show an I left very conflicted.

Posted by Jon | October 1, 2012 10:43 AM

It looks like Jack White is taking the action of most people when they don’t deliver, say nothing. It will all disappear. I would give the guy kudos if he stepped up and said what happened. Not saying anything is disrespectful to the people that are upset. By saying nothing he is speaking loud and clear. His needs, whatever they may be, are more important than theirs.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:44 AM

biebs puked on stage twice and played an encore. i now respect him more than jack white.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 10:53 AM

Jack looks like he puked..he is so pale and pasty!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:03 AM

how fucking dumb do you have to be to think you're getting a refund. Its not happening. Move on

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:04 AM

was anyone else annoyed by that photographer? She almost tripped a few times.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:17 AM

This guy is the 21st century cultural equivalent of Bob Seger, but that might be an insult to Bob Seger.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:18 AM

Here's my take on it. I've been a fan for many many years. Seen a band with Jack White in it at least 15 times. Saw him in Paris this year at a small legendary venue -- he played for over two hours and KILLED it. I had gone to the Webster Hall show, was very underwhelmed and wasn't expecting much and he played his heart out. The venue was the size of Irving Plaza and everyone there was so incredibly pumped to be there. The people in the first 25 yards or so from the stage were outright insane.

The RCMH crowd was AWFUL. A lot of people in their late 40s and early 50s who looked like they were too full from their dinner at Olive Garden to be awake for the show. This short bald guy who must have been pushing 60 who kept looking at his phone for at least 75% of the show was a particular lowlight. I don't care how talented you are -- it's very hard to have a great show with a crowd like that. The very front of the theater was filled with dbags who must have paid $500+ for scalped ticket and came to hear seven nation army.

That said, Jack has been doing this for a while and should act like a professional. He's also played NYC many many times and has played RCMH before. You don't want a crowd like that, don't play a venue like that. If you do, give it your all. Last night wasn't terrible, but it was far far far from amazing. What got me is that he did not talk between songs AT ALL. Just said thank you at the end, bowed and walked off.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:18 AM

If you went to see Jack White at Radio City Music Hall, you have terrible taste in music. Period.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:24 AM

Jack delivered like he always does, whether he plays one or two. Just be thankful you got one hour with a real musician. He only played about 65 minutes at the Ryman but you didn't hear the crowd chanting "Fuck Jack White". #Dipwad Audience

Posted by BonoGirlinAtlanta | October 1, 2012 11:24 AM

11:24 = #douchenozzleshemozzle

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:31 AM

Who was the weird woman who skipped around on stage ALL NIGHT taking photographs? She would get really close to each musician, snapping photos right in their face before dancing away. Was she some kind of performance artist? Or was she whoever Jack's been dating lately? Because it was kinda distracting and bizarre...

Posted by Patrick Kellogg | October 1, 2012 11:35 AM

I'd love it if a journalist asked Jack White, "What do you think of your fans?" From the absurd amount he charges for Third Man releases, to his behavior on Saturday night, he clearly thinks his own fans are idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:38 AM

11:24 - Playing 65 minutes in his current home town is equally insulting. If he normally plays for around 2 hours that is what people expect. Giving no explanation or apology is not "rock n roll", it's just being a dick. I imagine most of these apologists weren't even at the show, they're just dues paying vault members who love anything Jack White.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:39 AM

webster hall show was fairly awesome.....that is all

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:42 AM

Why waste time talking about the white Kanye? Jack White looks like he has outercourse with little boys

Posted by Not JW | October 1, 2012 11:46 AM

lol white people

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:47 AM

9:38 FTW

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:51 AM

That woman was SO annoying. He's not dating her, I don't think. She's been the photographer the entire tour. The pictures are put up on jack's site, to encourage people to not take their own. Usually she's less obtrusive, it's just that the Radio City stage is HUGE and it's hard to get a good shot otherwise. Still annoying though.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 11:53 AM

It's nice to see people finally take a stand against the chatty cathy yuppie and ADHD scum who ruin concerts.

However, the behavior Saturday night by the act on stage was beyond unprofessional. Welcome to the low point of your career, White. At least you have your sycophants to keep your warm in your little cult. But no hard feelings, we'll always have "Lafayette Blues".

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:03 PM

I was at the Sunday night show and it was great. But his band was all women and it looked like Meg on drums. what to make of the saturday night photos where the band is all dudes? did he change bands after one night? confusing.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:13 PM

That's too bad about the RCMH shows. The Lollapolooza show was AMAZING; played for about 1:40 and the energy was awesome. His Webster Hall show was fantastic. The iTunes Festival show was great too.

Sounds like he had a rough 2 shows over the weekend, but I'll go see him again for sure.

Posted by Johnny | October 1, 2012 12:14 PM

ummm 12:13, seriously? he's on tour with two bands. he typically alternates them.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:17 PM

I was there Saturday night, and the audience was sedate to a point of disrespect. I'm on Jack's side.

Posted by Alexandra Balahoutis | October 1, 2012 12:36 PM

had jack white ever played rcmh before? i dont think the raconteurs and dead weather ever played there and I remember the white stripes playing roseland-coney island-msg ?

oh the raconteurs were the house band for the vmas one year

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:49 PM

he probably didn't get as big of a cut of the gate bc its rcmh...compared to the college arenas ... so maybe he only played the amt of songs that he got paid for... and was bitter about the deal or something...

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 12:59 PM

1249 the white stripes played with the strokes i believe in 2002?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:07 PM

if you thought the crowd on saturday was shitty, i thought the one on sunday was significantly worse. i was on the floor for saturday, and while there wasn't a ton of energy i could see people dancing and moving. sunday i was one of the only people moving on the mezzanine, and looking down onto the floor there was barely any movement. very, very sad.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:26 PM

Don't waste your time complaining here. Actually DO SOMETHING and call Ticketmaster 1-800-653-8000 for a refund!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:27 PM

I laugh at all the suckers who continue to blow Jack White and encourage every shitty musical endeavor he takes on.

I've been able to see an incredible group like the Tedeschi Trucks Band, in the 10th row at the Beacon with a below face value ticket I got off StubHub and saw them play for over 2 hours. Everyone there had a blast, and despite it being the seated Beacon, people still stand up and enjoy the show.

I've seen John Fogerty play for 2+ hours and he's 66. Like everyone else said, Bruce plays 3-hour sets. Adding to that, McCartney, Elton John, Billy Joel all play 3-hour shows.

You suckers pay 90+ and get 40-minute sets from the most overrated songwriter of this generation. Dont blame the venue. RCMH is a great place for a show. Your boy is a fraud.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:30 PM

Check comment on the other thread, they will not refund because it is one giant shell game with them just pointing fingers at one another. People who attended Saturday night just had shitty luck with a diva of a performer. Last year Buzzcocks was shut down due to a bomb scare--granted they basically played their whole set, but it was shitty luck and I walked away without wanting a refund. Live music is a crapshoot. Dealing with promoters/ticket companies is one step above dealing with the mob to sort out your personal problems.

It's unfair to compare White to Springsteen or any other jam band that is known for playing long sets...that said, he should at least be playing 2 hour sets for the price you pay...hell, the Fab Faux charge hell of a lot of money, but at least you get a 2 hour set easy. Same with the Cure, Dino Jr or even Ryan Adams play longer sets...and the latter does not even have a catalogue that compare's to White's.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:42 PM

Bruce, McCartney, Fogerty, Elton and Billy Joel are jam bands? Haha, OK.

How much you charge is definitely contingent on how long you play. I've never been to a show that cost that much money that wasnt at LEAST 2 hours long.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:46 PM

They MUST provide a refund if the artist does not perform for the time allotted in the contract with the Promoter (Bowery Presents). Surely that was NOT 45 minutes. Call Ticketmaster and Mercury Lounge box office for the refund.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:48 PM

Alright let's not compare Springsteen to Jack White then

Green Day played a 3 hour show at MSG in 2009

A pop punk band played longer than one of the most hyped musicians of the 21st century

Isn't that hilarious?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 1:59 PM

1:46 Not counting Bruce as jam band, should have clarified that I was referring how he inherently plays long shows. I get that the other artists play long sets, but they also charge more money and those shows are spectacle shows where, yes they are longer, so I agree with you. I am just saying to compare White to more contemporary acts, who also play long sets. I am not defending White, I think he is a real prick, and if he wants to believe he is the second-coming of "old rockabilly" he should look at Dex Romweber who plays circles around White, and would without question play a longer set.

Also, White and Bowery are smart enough to pull some legal loophole to "get out of the contract." They would probably count the time he was off-stage to the time the curtain dropped as "performance time" as there was still a chance White could have returned to stage or some garbage like that.

To Springsteen's credit, I was there and after the rain delay, he could have played his contractually obligated 1.5 hours and got off stage. Instead, and this is documented at Backstreets by management, Springsteen pre-paid all curfew fees before the show that allowed a 2:00am curfew...the man played to precisely 2:01. That is the way to handle your audience.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:01 PM

Green Day fucking suck but you have a point there.

That is pretty funny!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:02 PM

^ I will bet you 1000 dollars you don't get shit. In fact i am 100% certain you will not. But keep holding on to delusion and calling.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:02 PM

You know what sucks about playing the major venues, (even Webster Hall, Terminal 5, and Best Buy) NYC? The audiences.

I've been going to shows in NYC for over 20 years. In the last three or four years, I have come close to swearing off ever going to another show at a large venue. Why?

Douchebags who yell into the ears of their frathole friends throughout the entire show, herds of fat over the hill bankers who fill the front rows of amazing shows by paying scalpers outrageous prices and sustain the egregious secondary ticket market, flocks of screeching jersey bimbos who huddle and yap at each other about their clothes, their boyfriends and the after party, and the drunken sloppy teamster yahoos who get let in free to see a show they care nothing about by their union buddies at the back door.

These people ruin shows for real fans, and I'm quite sure the negative energy and the utter lack of interest from these people in the music, is palpable from stage.

Amazing shows at the major venues, like I was fortunate enough to see in this town a decade or more ago, will not happen so long as audiences look like the ones we have today.

I was the show on Saturday and left very disappointed that an otherwise totally rocking show, that sounded GREAT, ended so abruptly. But I understand why.

Posted by Thomas | October 1, 2012 2:03 PM

Every single hyped musician sucks

Listen to bands that aren't on the radar BREATH IN THE MUSIC

BREATH THE AIR

BREATH THE MUSIC

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:08 PM

It is not just New York, it is that way just about anywhere, buddy. And let's be honest here, I have seen my fair share of hipster bimbos as I have seen from Jersey, and the problem you have today is you either see a show in a city where the audience is just not there, or see a show in NY with scenesters. Either way you lose, but live music in the past 10 years has suffered and there is more to blame than just the audience or unions (?). Internet hype, monopoly of promoters, and yes, sometimes the musicians themselves. Fact is it is an unregulated market and I am sure NY has become overly saturated with venues--hence you have GB or others barely selling out venues that 10 years ago, would not even be considered to be booked in the first place.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:10 PM

FUCK
JACK
WHITE

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:16 PM

Metallica routinely plays 3+ hour sets. They play like every song ever written, then pull out a few old gems. Same price. Just saying.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:19 PM

Jack White is a passionate motherfucker.

Posted by keep complaining | October 1, 2012 2:23 PM

Why did he have the word "loan" written on his hand Sunday?

Posted by jen | October 1, 2012 2:25 PM

The Wiggles play longer!

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 2:33 PM

Radio City isn't a good venue for people to be energetic. I went to a show (interpol) at Radio City and was in the upper deck and somebody was dancing and people were yelling at him to sit down. WTF?! Give me general admission any day.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 3:31 PM

you think Muddy Waters ever fled his own stage because people had "negative energy"? you think Howlin Wolf ever stopped a gig to go backstage and cry because people weren't cheering enough?

The blues guys Jack White supposedly models himself on...they played a lot of tough places and faced a lot of indifferent crowd. they played right through it. a lame show is never the audience's fault.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 4:45 PM

3:31.. same here! love Interpol, terrible spot for them. radio city blows. least Interpol played a full set....

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 4:52 PM

How nice the people who went Sunday got to see a decent show. Even if it was only 80 minutes, that's at minimum a full show. I got ripped off going Saturday night. I've wanted to see JW for a while but never got the chance until now. I agree he is keeping up the spirit of rock'n'roll and heard his shows were great. And most importantly 2 hours long. If he was pissed that the crowd was lame or the sound was bad, too bad. Your the entertainer, if you can't hack it, get out of the biz. I was liking the show just fine until the abrupt end. No one mentions that he said some kind of "your a great audience" sarcastic line as he left. I was up on the 2nd mezzanine since I'm not one of those rich jerkwads in the front rows that made Jack ask if this was an NPR convention. We were on our feet and cheering the whole time. Don't assume everyone there was a rich prick, Jack. I want my money refunded or a free show.

Posted by Mike Nelson | October 1, 2012 5:04 PM

Or a beej from Mr. White himself, eh? Would that settle your disgruntlements?

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 5:53 PM

1:30 Shit man you have the boringest taste in music ever.

White's shows are rarely 2 hours or even over an 1hr 30min, so Sunday did not get a short show. The main reason they are short is because he hardly ever talks or takes breaks between songs. He plays straight through and usually averages between 25-30 songs, which seems like a decent number to me. I'd rather it be like that than hear him drone on with stupid anecdotes and tell boring stories.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 7:31 PM

Wow, I've seen all of the Jack White bands and many shows throughout the years, but this one was bad. Now I was in the back behind the mixing board, but I thought the sound was horrible. I didnt realize what had happened Saturday until now, but I could feinitely sense something was wrong. Jack did not seem into this show at all. I just saw him perform at the festival in Delaware and it doesnt even seem like the same act. The whole show was just off. It seemed like he was just going through the motions to me. Now, I do have to say that the audience was horrible as well. The one point in the show were Jack tries to get some audience participation, the audience apparently didnt want to be bothered. I guess if you want a good show, you do have to show some love back. Its obvious there are a lot of Jack haters here for some reason, so I'm not even getting into that...but his shows are usually solid. I don't know exactly what happened, but I guess I can give him a pass for one show.

Posted by TheSloot | October 1, 2012 8:28 PM

So I should go see Jack somewhere else in country since New York crowds are lame? He should have changed the venue and charged less if he didn't want NY hipsters ruining his mood.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 8:40 PM

7:31, dis John Fogerty and you will be treated to a bad moon rising

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2012 9:47 PM

he wears vests. eww.

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2012 12:25 AM

Everyone sucks. Every band ever sucks. You all suck.

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2012 1:56 AM

I'd like to suck Meg White's tits.

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2012 4:38 AM

I'm laughing at the frowny baby in the picture and all of the people who take him and his band seriously.

Posted by Yahoo Registration | November 25, 2012 4:15 AM