Posted in music | tour dates on November 1, 2012

Bruce Springsteen

To help benefit those who suffered damages from Hurricane Sandy, NBC Universal will be hosting a concert that will air on TV as a telethon with Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Jon Bon Jovi, Sting and Christina Aguilera, Jimmy Fallon, and Brian Williams, with host Matt Lauer. The concert will be filmed at NBC's Rockefeller Plaza studios and broadcast on NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, Style, Syfy and USA from 8 PM to 9 PM on Friday (11/2). It will also simultaneously stream live on NBC.com. All proceeds from the telethon will go to the American Red Cross (via NY Times).

In related news, Bruce Springsteen just dedicated "My City in Ruins" to Asbury Park due to the damage it faced at his show at Rochester Blue Cross Arena last night (10/31).

Love Bruce, but anything with Jimmy Fallon in it would be a bore to watch.

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2012 1:07 PM

White People helping White People...

Remember New Orleans.

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2012 3:12 PM

3:12 - No need to turn this into a racial issue.

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2012 3:43 PM

OK 3:43, how about "We Take Care Of Our Own"?

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2012 4:28 PM

I've always viewed these things with great cynicism. Now I can personally watch as people I know in need are absolutely helped in no way by this telethon (again).

I mean, I'm sure the Red Cross will get some nice new mahogany desks out of this, or maybe buy some nice new paid, useless positions - and maybe the Board of Directors will get some nice Christmas bonuses. And the performers will get free publicity. But no, I don't much expect anything raised by this telethon to ever reach the people of the Rockaway peninsula or anywhere else.

Anyone that would like to doubt me can start by reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Red_Cross#September_11_controversy

Posted by Anonymous | November 1, 2012 4:33 PM

GAY

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 5:27 AM

I'm broke. I sent all my money to Haiti. :(

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 11:15 AM

Seriously...someone actually tagging Wikipedia as fact. All the above weren't effected and should go back to touching themselves or whatever they were doing before they decided to spew this crap....

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2012 9:09 AM

Why is it always so important to the millionaires that the little people contribute. All of these performers could easily (should be able to) write checks for a million bucks each. Instead, they do their schticks and we pay. they always need our wealth transferred up. Why? CBS radio is setting up locations for people to donate batteries and shit. CBS could just spend some money and buy the shit, but I know why CBS won't just spend the money, because their shareholders won't let them. Then the millionaires and transnationals toot their horn "look we raised x millions for x cause". toot toot

Posted by nygrump | November 6, 2012 11:32 AM