Posted in music on November 2, 2012

Bruce Springsteen

On Monday (11/5), the day before Election day, Barack Obama will wrap up his campaign with a couple rallies, for which he'll be joined by Jay-Z and Bruce Springsteen in Columbus, OH. Both artists will perform and Jay will introduce Obama before his speech. Bruce will also perform at Obama's final rally in Des Moines, Iowa (via Washington Post).

As mentioned, Bruce played the Rochester Blue Cross Arena on Wednesday (10/31) (postponed from Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy), and while on stage he dedicated "My City of Ruins" to Asbury Park (his hometown) due to the damage it faced during the hurricane. You can check out the setlist from that show (which also included a cover of "Monster Mash," since it was Halloween after all) and videos of Bruce giving a speech about Hurricane Sandy before playing "My City of Ruins" and the "Monster Mash" cover. You can also read about the show at this Notes From The Road post on Bruce's website.

Bruce also performs for the Hurricane Sandy NBC telethon tonight (11/2) at 8 PM.

Bruce Springsteen - "My City of Ruins" in Rochester - 10/31/12

Bruce Springsteen - "Monster Mash" in Rochester - 10/31/12

Bruce Springsteen at Rochester Blue Cross Arena - 10/31/12 Setlist: (via)
A Night With the Jersey Devil
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Drive All Night
Radio Nowhere
Badlands
Land of Hope and Dreams

Encore:
Jersey Girl (Tom Waits cover)
Thunder Road
Born to Run
Detroit Medley
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Amazing. Wish I'd been there.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 11:13 AM

Truthfully that was probably one of the dullest and worst covers of Monster Mash i have ever heard.

The best thing about those videos is you get to hear the idiot slavish fans who never really go to shows except for these big Bruce arena ones.

Such a shame.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 11:40 AM

He should just shut the fuck up and play. Oh, and give some of his MILLIONS of dollars to NJ families that have loyally supported him for decades. (and no, organizing a television show so other people can give money doesn't fucking count)

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 11:48 AM

He gives back plenty and does a lot fucktard.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 12:10 PM

11:48's schtick = "Please guys, pay attention to me as I desperately seek your outrage at my predictably asinine comments"

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 12:24 PM

12:10/12:24 - OK, asswipe, list all the wonderful things he does here right now, on this thread. I'll wait.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 12:30 PM

^ don't expect any answer to that. they (he) are clearly just paper lions. they will have nothing more to add.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 12:37 PM

I'm 12:24, which was my only post in this thread. LOL@ "I demand you list another person's accomplishments right now"

Keep up with your self righteous indignation and trolling for angry responses. Don't care enough about this to continue this any further really.

You're a lame, get a life.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 12:37 PM

Uh oh, "Paper Lions", dead giveaway for trolling old guy loser who is obsessed with politics, he's back.

Why is it that you right wing guys have such a problem with bruce aside from the fact that his political views are not in lock step with your own? Do you get angry when conservative celebrities and musicicans dare to have an opinion?

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 12:42 PM

I thought the expression was paper tiger. Like the Beck song.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 12:57 PM

Still waiting for Saint Bruce's great accomplishments for the people ...

Of course you won't list them because THEY DON'T EXIST.

And 12:42, I don't know who you think I am (funny, trying to guess an anonymous poster on a blog ... you must lead a life of intrigue!) but I voted for Obama in 2008. Can't say I will this time. Does that make old or a right winger? You must be a cool guy to hang out with. Can I hang out with you?

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 1:53 PM

Bruce helped the Greater Food Bank of NJ with the drives he set up at all his shows...What have you done Mr. Saint.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 2:09 PM

If Bruce wants to help poor people and supports Obama's gvt so much, he can go ahead and pay as much taxes as he wants. That's only fair, right? No one is stopping him...

It's funny how the only way to get people to go to an Obama rally is with celebs. Mitt doesn't seem to need much help in that dept, as he's filling stadiums left and right.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 2:17 PM

2:09 - I routinely give money to Red Cross, and have volunteered with emergency response units. And I don't make a fraction what he makes.

What have YOU done, Miss all-the-time-in-the-world-to-call-people-names? Besides staring on your own Lifetime TV original drama?

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 2:28 PM

Ha Ha Bruce sets up a place for people spending money at his concerts to bring things for NJ hungry .... but what has HE done, you imbecile? I know, it's hard getting by on a 3rd grade education but do try to keep up here.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 2:30 PM

The exact amount someone gives to charity is really nobody's business but it's encouraging that people here are looking for guidance in how to help charities that Bruce Springsteen supports. Here is a list of those charities.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 2:42 PM

^Expect that link/list of charities to be ignored or dismissed for some reason so troll with no life can continue attempting to play the role of sanctimonious loser.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 2:51 PM

I love how many people have access to Bruce's financial statements to know what he doesn't or does give to charities. Where might I find these records? ;) Also love it when word does get out about a celeb's generosity, it's dismissed as an attention getting publicity stunt. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 2:59 PM

Hey jack ass worked 60 hours on sandy emergency management and storm rescue! Thanks for your $10 donation

Posted by Anonymous | November 2, 2012 5:05 PM

bruce is amazing even to this day.

Posted by catering winnipeg | July 8, 2013 12:42 PM