Posted in music | pictures on November 23, 2012

photos by Toby Tenenbaum

Of Monsters and Men @ T5, 11/20/2012
Of Monsters and Men

Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men's rapid rise in popularity is one of 2012 big success stories, as evidenced by two sold-out NYC shows at Terminal on Tuesday (11/20) and Wednesday (11/21). Pictures from Tuesday's show are in this post. Both nights featured openers openers Elle King and fellow Icelander Sóley who plays a headlining set tonight (11/23) at Rockwood Music Hall to which tickets are still available.

More pictures from Tuesday's T5 show are below.

Ell King

Ell King

Elle King

Ell King

Ell King

Ell King

Ell King

Ell King

Ell King

Of Monsters and Men

These clowns should go on tour with King Dude, The Tallest Man On Earth and The Head And The Heart. They could call it the Useless Hyperbole Tour.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 11:58 AM

Of Eunuchs and Toddlers

Posted by Chris | November 23, 2012 12:46 PM

mediocre band

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 12:52 PM

There were ticket giveaways all over the web for these shows. Some label went all in on this incredibly mediocre band and went bust.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 12:55 PM

^ such a shame ... all of that could have been avoided if they had only come to you for the target demographic of ineffectual homosexual beta males

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 1:05 PM

would would would - night of three woulds. would.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 2:35 PM

Write one song with male/female vocals. Harmonize. Repeat. Profit.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 3:03 PM

These guys are eating the shit out of their rider.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 5:34 PM

never knew they had a fat fuck in the band,either way they blow ass and are a total rip off of ed sharpe

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 7:57 PM

all Nordic people become fat fucks the older they get. wait 10 years. that hot chick will look like Precious.

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2012 8:50 PM

"total rip off of ed sharpe"

hilarious.

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2012 4:47 PM

bet the fat one likes him some danish hot pockets

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2012 4:52 PM

white people.

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2012 9:02 PM

nice to see that some people don't have anything better to do than post shallow, envious comments about other people who happen to be doing what they love to do.

It just happens to be that some of the most talented people in the world don't have the physique of an olympic athlete or a heroine addicted model.

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2012 7:33 PM

This band is great! They have an amazing drummer, 2 very good singers who sound so well together and their album is really good. Ed Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros had a terrific song ("Home") and all that ..but in my mind esatmz aren't really relevant since their other songs don't really do it for me. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2012 7:35 PM

sounds like a third rate Arcade Fire, eh?

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2012 11:10 PM

Make an album ripping off one Edward Sharpe song. Profit.

Seriously though, how is no one calling these guys on their bullshit? The fact these assholes are even on bv is embarrassing,.

Posted by Anonymous | November 26, 2012 1:15 AM

Well, i seriously doubt profit is their main goal. Some musicians aren't driven by money. I think a lot of the esatmz comparison could've been avoided through mixing probably, I say that after hearing 2 versions of the same song (one didn't make me think of Home and the other one did). The pairs of singers sound totally different, at least that's how i feel. Both pairs have different styles and maybe people would feel differently if there was a lone singer that was either male or female.

Just don't get all this animosity, don't feel it's deserved.
And what is so special about BV?

Posted by Anonymous | November 26, 2012 4:55 AM

The BV comments section is a cut above the rest when it comes to drinking the haterade. I like to come here and read the comments because it serves as a nice reminder that no matter how bad things get for you or your friends, there are some truly miserable people out there.

Posted by Anonymous | November 26, 2012 3:56 PM

^Pretty much.

Posted by Anonymous | November 26, 2012 4:12 PM

I don't like the comments section of this website I feel it detracts from the quality of the content. I am sure I will be vilified for saying it but it does pollute the fun of music appreciation. I came on here hoping to see pictures of the show that I sadly couldn't attend because I lost my house in Hurricane Sandy a few weeks ago and I am rebuilding my life. I was excited when I saw that BV had sent one of its senior photographers on this assignment and what a good job he/she did covering the show but I felt very sad reading the vile commentary posted underneath these wonderful images. I saw Of Monsters at their last NYC area show and they are a truly spectacular act.

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2012 1:22 AM

Of Mansters and Moan.

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2012 2:04 AM

What success story? That of one-hit wonders and their death grip on pop music now? What a horrifically shitty band.

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | November 27, 2012 5:42 AM

didn't know Bjork was in this band

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2012 8:54 AM

I love one of the women's glasses.

Posted by catering winnipeg | July 4, 2013 9:06 PM