Posted in music | tour dates on November 16, 2012

Suicide at Moogfest 2011 (more by Diana Wong)
Suicide

Due to illness, Suicide has cancelled their previously discussed appearance where they were planning on perforiming their first LP in its entirety. Bush Tetras, originally scheduled for the support slot at LPR on 11/29, has now moved to the top of the heap alongside supporting band Sediment Club.

All tickets will be honored for the show, which is now billed as a release party for Bush Tetras new LP Happy. The record, laid tape in 1998, was released last week via Reachout International. The first 50 people through the door get a copy for free.

"...for Bush Tetras new LP Happy. The record, laid tape in 1998, was released last week via Reachout International..."
- anyone have a BV to English translator?

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 2:04 PM

This sucks! Was looking forward to seeing Suicide.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 2:10 PM

"perforiming"

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 2:10 PM

Alan was suppose to open for Liars several years back and canceled because of heart issues. Fuck, hope he's okay.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 2:32 PM

Too bad, great double bill.

The new Bush Tetras album was recorded in 1998?

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 2:34 PM

It was a ROIR casette in 1998. Now its on vinyl. Woop.
Bush Tetras were a bore at 285 last year. The years have not been kind.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 3:07 PM

No offense to Bush Tetras but I've seen them a few times during the last few years, including at LPR a while back with DIIV and they're OK...but speaking as a ticket holder, it's simply not the same type of quality show now that Suicide has pulled out. I'm still waiting to hear back from LPR about my refund but radio silence so far.

And yes...if you have to pull out of a show weeks in advance for health issues, that's not a good sign, so I hope those guys are OK.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 3:15 PM

Saw the Bush Tetras at Cake Shop a few years ago. Good show.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2012 3:59 PM

You know, I noticed the Suicide entry was missing on LPR's weekly email WEEKS ago, even though the show was still listed on the club's website. I contacted them via email and Twitter and haven't heard bupkis. Nice customer support, right? I'll be demanding my refunds.

All that said, hope Vega and Rev are doing OK.

Posted by Jeremiade | November 20, 2012 9:52 AM

Yes, I hope they are ok.
I really only wanted to see Suicide. Like the BT's but maybe not enough to spend my limited budget on. Guess I will ask for a refund.

Anyone know more about how whichever guy (Alan, presumably) is doing?

Posted by eekahil | November 20, 2012 11:17 AM

I just ran into Martin Rev on 1st Ave two nights ago. He seemd fine and healthy, just waiting on a bus. I asked if he's playing any time soon, and he made no mention of any health issues or the cancelled show.

Posted by J | November 20, 2012 2:10 PM

I hope whoever is sick in the band is feeling better.

Posted by catering winnipeg | July 5, 2013 4:20 PM