Posted in dance | general | music on November 7, 2012

Tammy Baldwin photo via Buzzfeed
Tammy Baldwin

An African-American president for a second term; Weed is legal; Same sex marriage passes in more states. And Tammy Baldwin won tonight in Wisconsin - our first openly gay senator! A historical night all around. Seems like a good time for America to take a minute to celebrate...

Waiting for first dumbass homophobic remark.

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 1:14 AM

what are these videos. is this a joke.

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 1:15 AM

I'm not homophobic, but being gay is certainly a developmental disability and is basically one step away from mental retardation. I love my gay friends, and have no ill will towards them, but let us not deny that it is a genetic mutation that is a handicap of existence.
To quote Biggie Smalls, "money and family don't mix, like two dicks and no chicks."
And I would also like to say that do not think I'm a hater of gays. I am not. This is my opinion and everyone has the right to think for themselves, so before I get a torrent of other comments bashing my opinion, all I say is that being a homo is some fucked up mental shit and they should try to straighten themselves up. However, I do like ru-pauls music and wham for that matter.

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 2:19 AM

"I'm not homophobic, but being gay is certainly a developmental disability and is basically one step away from mental retardation."

That is actually close to the textbok definition of being homophobic as well as being a psycho lunatic.

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 2:50 AM

gay this gay that why they care about these things

Posted by aridona | November 7, 2012 5:45 AM

2:50 AM - you're funny, but remember that others in the crack house need the pipe too.

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 7:02 AM

I mean, who cares...??

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 9:01 AM

I feel proud to be an American today!

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 9:52 AM

Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin gave a victory speech on Nov. 6, 2012, announcing that she will become Wisconsin's first female senator - succeeding retiring Senator Herb Kohl.
"I am ready to get to work," she said.

Baldwin thanked her opponent, Republican Tommy Thompson, for his life of public service. She said she had just gotten off the phone with him and that Thompson was very gracious.

Baldwin replaces Democratic U.S. Sen. Herb

"I’m well aware that I will have the honor to be the first woman Senator from Wisconsin. And I’m well aware that I will be the first openly gay member of the United States Senate," Baldwin said.

She gave special thanks to U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold and her campaign manager.

This has been the most expensive race for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin history. More than $65 million was spent in the fight between Baldwin and Thompson.

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/politics/election-results/Democrat-Tammy-Baldwin-wins-U-S-Senate-race/-/16054962/17293350/-/nh4t11/-/index.html#ixzz2BY5QXClA

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 9:54 AM

Not only are you homophobic, but you are crazy.

I agree that being gay is a genetic abnormality, but I equate it more to be something like being an albino than being mentally retarded.

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 10:31 AM

Barney Frank is back in the closet?

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 10:35 AM

Barney Frank is back in the closet?

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 10:35 AM

Barney Frank was in the House, not the Senate

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 10:42 AM

GERRY STUDDS 4EVR

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 4:49 PM

Also: First openly gay when elected. Barney Frank came out after he'd been elected.

Posted by Anonymous | November 7, 2012 5:04 PM