Posted in music | pictures on December 6, 2012

photos by Greg Cristman

Animal Collective @ T5, 12/4/2012
Animal Collective

Animal Collective wrapped up a two-night run at Terminal 5 last night (12/5). You've already seen the setlist from the first night and you can check out the setlist from night 2 at the bottom of this post. It's slightly different than night 1, exchanging "Rosie Oh," "Honeycomb," "Pulleys," and "Cobwebs" for "Crimson," "Mercury Man," "Father Time," and "Also Frightened." Are you upset that you went to night 1 and not night 2? Or vice versa? Or are you just bummed/happy you stayed home?

Traxman opened night 1 and pictures from that show are in this post. Highlife opened the second night.

More pics from Tuesday and the setlist Wednesday are below.

Traxman

Traxman

Traxman

Traxman

Traxman

Traxman

Traxman

Traxman

Traxman

Animal Collective

Animal Collective at Terminal 5 - 12/5/12 Setlist: (via)
Crimson
Brother Sport
Peacebone

Encore:
Also Frightened
My Girls
Amanita

This band's only good song is Turn Into Something, so glad I passed on both.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:22 PM

Also Frightened FTW. Good thing I caught that song on the 2nd night of the '09 Prospect Park run.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:25 PM

I'm a bit upset I didn't go the second night too since I REAALLY wanted see Mercury Man live. Oh well..

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:28 PM

Since Pulleys was a good 15 minutes and Mercury Man and Father Time are the least appealing tracks on Centipede Hz, I'm glad I chose night one. Cobwebs was a nice surprise too.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:30 PM

I'd rather watch 2 girls 1 cup for two hours straight than see AC. I know you all care about my opinion, so i'm sharing.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:31 PM

I was standing in the sweet spot. The rest of you dudes LOST.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:31 PM

coolpix

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:32 PM

Judging by the amount of people who showed up for both shows, I'd say a lot of people are glad they stayed home.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:45 PM

it looks like a lot of pita dippers where in the house.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:46 PM

Will hummus sales be hurt by AnCo's recent dip in critical and commercial popularity?

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:53 PM

2 scarves 1 cup

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:55 PM

my sweet spot was taken up by annoying long island kids. not happy

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:55 PM

i heard Deakin played 2 songs off his much-anticipated, crowdsourced African Adventure Suite. tight.

Posted by son | December 6, 2012 4:56 PM

Pulleys is my least favorite song on Hz, and it felt like they were playing it FOREVER.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 4:58 PM

Great band, I wish I could have seen them again.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 5:24 PM

While I missed the "Africam Adventure Suite", I can honestly say, I'm over this band. I recall picking up 'Here Comes the Indian', I think that's the title, when it came out, and I was really excited about their sound. I saw them with Black Dice, who do nothing for me, but AC was fun. And then my Sun City Girls producer/friend worked with them a couple albums after that. But then something changed. It started to seem like shtick. I mean, sure, they have always had that going on, to a certain extent, but now it just didn't feel like raw and honest sounds coming from the band I knew who had a guy that was married to a girl in Mum. Anyway, point is, I didn't see either show and I just recently deleted all their music from my iTunes. I have officially broken up with Animal Collective. We are never, ever, ever, ever getting back together. Ever.

Love, The Chef

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 5:36 PM

Were they passing around the donation bowl? Do any of them want to go on vacations this week?

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 5:41 PM

Wow! There was a woman at the show? Usually their shows are a sausage fest! Cool stage - boring band.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 5:54 PM

Also Frightened was amazing, made me glad I arbitrarily chose night 2. Though it was slightly spoiled by a group of young Wall Street professionals (who seemed to have just randomly chosen a concert) that decided it was the best time to spend 5 minutes having someone take pictures of them with their arms around each other.

Some stuff that doesn't work as well on Hz (New Town Burnout, Wide Eyes) played well live. And Peacebone brought the house down, it was nice to not feel like they resented the crowd by having to play a "hit" (as I've heard they've done in the past w/ My Girls) They were into it.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 5:54 PM

I'm not a superfan of pulleys or anything but that song threw down on night 1.

Nice to see the crowd so into amanita too. The venue is lame, but I had no problem with the sound.

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 6:07 PM

2 chickpeas 1 tub

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 7:26 PM

Interesting that Centipede Hz is not coming up on anyone's top-50 lists for 2012

Posted by Dan | December 6, 2012 9:30 PM

My buddy and I walked over there and said we'd spend $20 max to get in. After 10 mins of standing around these two amazing awesome girls from West lake nj actually handed us FREE tickets to go in. Our benefactors weren't into doobage but we bought them two beers inside. The show was amaze balls. Great times. Thanks a million to Gretchen and Rachel (?) for be free flow!

Posted by Anonymous | December 6, 2012 9:34 PM

9:30 that's because the album sucks. I love AC, but could only get through the entire thing just once.

Posted by Venkman | December 7, 2012 9:11 AM

About to go into the show with my girl when we see these two total dweebs standing outside looking lost. We quickly realized they didn't have tickets but didn't know how to get them. We had gotten free tickets from some other dweebs (all we had to do was show some sideboob, they must have been annoying Long Island kids). We knew that nobody would pay more than $5 for these tickets bc the sound is just awful at T5 unless you get the sweet spot, but it had already been taken, so we figured we'd just get free beers out of the deal.

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2012 9:38 AM

Step 1: Flirt with a guy, get free tix
Step 2: Flirt with more guys, get more free tix
Step 3: Trade those tix for booze and drugs
Step 4: Make love to Rachel

Posted by Gretchen | December 7, 2012 9:52 AM

I <3 Rachel

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2012 2:25 PM

AnCo had a great run from 2004 to 2009. Now the shows are bigger than ever but have oddly become nonevents.

Posted by Regular reader | December 8, 2012 9:15 AM