Posted in music | pictures on December 3, 2012

photos by Jonathan McPhail

B.B. King

Legendary blues guitarist B.B. King did a two night run in NYC last week at (where else?) BB King Blues Club and Grill on Thursday (11/29) and Friday (11/30). We caught the Friday show and pictures from that show are in this post.

BB King will play NYC again at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival at MSG (4/12-4/13) in 2013 (tickets). He also plays the NYC area right before that at Port Chester's Capitol Theatre on April 11. Tickets for that show go on sale Friday (12/7) at noon.

Speaking of the venue BB King's, don't forget Darlene Love is doing her Christmas shows there on December 9 -10 (tickets), and Ronnie Spector is doing her Christmas party there too on December 14 (tickets).

More pics from Friday's show (including opener Chris Bergson) below...

Chris Bergson

Chris Bergson

Chris Bergson

Chris Bergson

Chris Bergson

Chris Bergson

B.B. King

BB is one of the nicest musicians I ever met. Props to him still touring hundreds of shows a year and being a nice dude.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 10:05 AM

When BB does eventually leave us, the world will be a bit less beautiful. I've seen him several times, and really am bummed that I missed him this time.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 10:07 AM

If you haven't seen BB live yet, do yourself a favor and catch him before he goes. One of the last of the remaining original greats.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 10:09 AM

BB has been recording since the 1940's! Makes the Stones look like spring chickens! Go BB!

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 10:26 AM

I can't believe they let that clown play at BB King's.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 10:32 AM

Wow, BV actually reviewed a blues show. And at BB's, no less.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 11:09 AM

"Legendary blues guitarist B.B. King did a two night run in NYC last week at (where else?) BB King Blues Club and Grill."

Where else? BB Kings usually does not play at BB Kings when in NYC. He merely licensed his name, he does not own the club.

"Wow, BV actually reviewed a blues show. And at BB's, no less."

I don't see a review in the post. It seemed like BV simply had someone photograph the show. No setlist? Highlights? Does the photographer even know who BB King is?

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 11:34 AM

Reminds me of when I had chili at Chili's.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 12:21 PM

I would pay to hear him tell stories (if he's not senile). I'm sure he's seen a lot of interesting shit in his life.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 12:23 PM

remnds me of when i got hummus at mamouns

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 12:46 PM

BB is the bullocks. So is Buddy Guy.

Support the blues people

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 1:00 PM

"I saw a show of his a few years ago and he said he didn't feel up to playing so he just sat on his ass and told boring stories. RIP OFF."

At least he was on stage. The last time I saw James Brown he wasn't even on stage half the time.

BB King is legendary. Couldn't BV send someone to review the show?

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 1:13 PM

10:36 here, I guess I should specify. I'm surprised that BV COVERED a blues show.

I think it's cool that he's still touring and all at 87, but it's true he doesnt play too much. I saw him with Buddy Guy two years ago at United Palace (Buddy being my primary reason for going), and there is alot of anecdotal stuff, but not necessarily interesting stories about what he's done and seen. He expounded on how much he likes the woman from the Progressive commercials. That went on for a few minutes. Yeah...

Buddy isnt as old and has way more energy, but B.B. is a full decade older than him. You cant really blame him.

Before John Lee Hooker passed, his shows had basically become a few songs with alot of talking. It's just something that happens with these guys.

Posted by Anonymous | December 3, 2012 1:20 PM