Blonde Redhead at FFF Fest 2011 (more by Fred Pessaro // BBG)
Blonde Redhead have been quiet for most of 2012 (perhaps spent writing songs for their next album) but will play NYC on New Year's Eve at Irving Plaza with openers Beach Fossils (whose new album features vocals from BR's Kazu Makino). Tickets are still available but if you'd like to go for free, we're giving away a pair of tickets. Details on how to enter are below.
For a glimpse at what Blonde Redhead did do this year, the band gave us a Top 10 of 2012 list that includes, travel, food, parties, memories, live shows... and albums too (Dirty Projectors made their favorite). Check out their list below.
Blonde Redhead's Best of 2012
- Live Show Attended: The Sun Ra Arkestra June 7th at Nublu
- Live Show Played: Teatro Nacional Sucre, Quito Equador 9/26 and Estudio Estereo, Santiago Chile on 9/28
- Favorite Experience: Performing and attending the "Love Forever at The Whitney Museum Kusama Opening".
- Travel: Istanbul, (Turkey), Quito (Ecuador), Bogota (Colombia)
- Restaurant: Osteria dei Catari Monforte d'Alba Italy and Donostia Bogota
- Record: Dirty Projectors - "Swing Lo Magellan"
- Best Memory: Performing with AEIOU in Mexico City for the Bicycle Film Festival and Bringing a Sansho tree home from Japan
- Project: Working with Nosaj Thing and The Creators Project
- Favorite Album: Various Artists - "We Are The Works In Progress"
- Favorite After Party: Singing with Battles in Tokyo and a few hours later ended up in dive bar, being slapped by Ian... haha
For a chance at winning a pair of tickets to see BLONDE REDHEAD AT IRVING PLAZA: either tweet something that includes both @BrooklynVegan AND "BLONDE REDHEAD" in the tweet, or send an email to BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM with the subject line "BLONDE REDHEAD". Include your first and last name in the email. We'll pick a winner at random and contact them with more details. If you enter by email, it will not be shared with anyone else. Good luck!