Posted in metal | music on December 27, 2012

Curran with Today is The Day, May 2012 (more by Fred Pessaro // BBG)
Today is The Day

Curran Reynolds always tends to be up to a lot, sitting behind the kit in Today Is The Day and Wetnurse included. After January though, he will be up to a little less as his Precious Metal series at East Village club Lit Lounge is sadly, as previously mentioned, coming to an end. There are just three more installments, including one on January 7 with Ghostlimb and The Year Is One with BV's own Fred Pessaro (BBG) DJing. The flyer for that show is below. After the 1/7 date there's one on 1/14 with Jar'd Loose, Gentlemen, End it and DJ Mike SOS; and the finale on 1/21 with Hivesmasher, Fashion Week, Flaming Tusk, SOS and DJ Zeena Koda, which is a benefit for South Sound.

We spoke to Curran to find out what he's been listening to all year in between everything else. His Top 10 Albums of 2012 list includes some of the big heavy records of the year like Converge, Napalm Death, and Swans, but it also has some indie pop like School of Seven Bells and Violens (who Curran has been digging since his friend Jorge formed the band around 2008). The whole list is pretty eclectic and you can check it out below.

Today Is The Day will kick off a tour in 2013 with a killer support lineup of Black Tusk, KEN Mode, and FIght Amp. That tour hits NYC on March 6 at Saint VItus (tickets) and March 8 at The Studio at Webster Hall with a "special guest" TBA (tickets).

Precious Metal show flyer and Curran Reynold's year-end list below...

Precious Metal

Curran Reynolds of Today Is the Day, Wetnurse, Top 10 of 2012
1) Anasazi - Anasazi 7"
2) TV Baby - Wild Joy 7"
3) Abominable Putridity - The Anomalies of Artificial Origin
4) Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
5) Napalm Death - Utilitarian
6) Swans - The Seer
7) School of Seven Bells - Ghostory
8) Violens - True
9) Lord Mantis - Pervertor
10) Pyrrhon - 2012 Demo

Compare that to some other year-end metal lists.

yaaaaaaaawn

Posted by Anonymous | December 27, 2012 2:16 PM

Who cares what a drummer of some random band has to say? Seriously, enough of these Top 10 posts. Besides, I called for my pizza a while ago, he needs to concentrate on his deliveries.

Posted by Anonymous | December 27, 2012 3:11 PM

random? you're joking right?

today is the day is pretty fucking far from random.

go troll some hummus msg boards.

Posted by Anonymous | December 27, 2012 3:38 PM

I like Today is the Day, but you must admit, no one really cares what he has to say.

Posted by Anonymous | December 27, 2012 6:04 PM

338 Yes, random.

Posted by Anonymous | December 27, 2012 7:29 PM

today is the day's day came and went like 15 years ago.

steve austin should spend more thyme on that sorely needed 6 million dollar man movie

Posted by Anonymous | December 28, 2012 2:00 AM

Yes & Today is the Day have already had new drummers for almost each album going back over 15 years.
They were also more interesting of a band during the first 3 albums.

Posted by Anonymous | December 28, 2012 2:19 AM

Yes had great albums in the 70's and 80's, so the parallells end there, I hope.

Posted by 11:48 eternal | December 28, 2012 5:10 AM

I would like to agree with the above poster who said "enough of these Top 10 posts". I think Letterman made Top 10 lists popular, and while it works for him in a comedic sense, it has just grown tiresome everywhere else. I mean why is your top 10 so important? Oh and while we are on the subject, it also bugs me that Time Magazine's editors think they have the inside scoop on who the "Person of the Year" is. Seriously, why should they have the the authority on this? Anyway sorry for the rant, and happy new year!

Posted by joshua sanders | December 28, 2012 7:37 AM

@Anon 07:37

Considering that the EU just gifted themselves the Nobel Peace Prize for impoverishing at least six countries this year, Time's ridiculously detached "Person of the Year" title becomes even more farcical than it normally is.

Posted by Anonymous | December 28, 2012 10:45 AM

The Nobel Peace Prize is becoming almost as much irrelevant as Time's Person of the Year. Previous winners? Arafat, Obama, the EU. The Peace Prize is a joke. Who didn't win? Gandhi.

Posted by Anonymous | December 28, 2012 11:41 AM

dumb dumb dumb posts from dumb dumb people

Posted by Anonymous | December 28, 2012 1:38 PM

Tainter tot pizza.

Posted by Anonymous | December 29, 2012 6:38 AM

"No, it's true, I REALLY love that band! I KNOW I'm a random metal tubthumper dude and the band is kinda-no, REALLY GAY, but look-I'M EVEN WEARING THE SHIRT-sleeveless, no less!...will you guys post my list next year when I'm not in Today is the Day anymore? I have a feeling a couple of rippin' 7 inches'll be comin' out."

Posted by Anonymous | December 29, 2012 4:45 PM

@4:45
Did you have to work at it, or did being that humorless just come naturally to you?

Funny, you ain't

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2012 8:45 PM

hey guys, I'm really going out on a limb here, but I would venture to say that Eugene might have been joking around just a little bit. I could be wrong though.

Posted by download charles | April 5, 2013 2:49 PM

He looks like he can hit the drums pretty hard.

Posted by catering winnipeg | June 27, 2013 3:36 PM