Posted in music | tour dates on December 12, 2012

DIIV at Webster Hall earlier this month (more by Dan Bracaglia)
DIIV

Brooklyn's DIIV just played their last date with Japandroids last night (12/11) and have dropped off the remainder of the dates (there were only three left) and will now play Late Night with David Letterman on Thursday (12/13).

The band also have announced two NYC shows, both happening at Brooklyn Bowl on January 13. The first show is a matinee (11 AM doors, show at 11:30) which is being presented by KidRockers and will be opened by DIIV's Captured Tracks labelmates Widowspeak, and hosted by Seth Herzog and Craig Baldo. The show is all ages until 6 PM and children under 2 get in for free. Everyone above the age of 2 will have to buy tickets. But then at 6 PM doors open for a second DIIV show which is free with RSVP but 21+, and Widowspeak isn't on that one.

As mentioned, Widowspeak will release their new album, Almanac, on January 22 via Captured Tracks. The band have just revealed another cut from that album, "The Dark Age," which you can stream below. Widowspeak have other upcoming local shows including the Sandy benefit at Saint VItus on Friday (12/14) with The Men, Lust For Youth, Waxahatchee and DJs Calen Braaten (Sacred Bones) and Jenn Pelly (tickets). Widowspeak will also be touring a bit in support of Almanac on a run which includes another hometown show happening on January 22 at Mercury Lounge (tickets).

Song stream and all lists of dates are below...

Widowspeak - "The Dark Age"

DIIV -- 2012/2013 Tour Dates
01/13 Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn Bowl (all ages early show w/ Widowspeak)
01/13 Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn Bowl (21+ late show)
04/26-28 Austin, TX Austin Psych Fest

Widowspeak -- 2012/2013 Tour Dates
12/14 Brooklyn, NY - Saint Vitus w/ The Men, Lust for Youth, Waxahatchee
1/13 Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Bowl w/ DIIV
1/22 New York, NY - Mercury Lounge
1/23 Philadelphia, PA - Kung Fu Necktie
1/24 Washington, DC - Black Cat Backstage
1/26 Middletown, CT - Wesleyan University - Eclectic House
1/27 Boston, MA - Great Scott

Tags: DIIV, Widowspeak

Ralph Lauren definitley has their pulse on todays coolest music, brah.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2012 5:06 PM

is it a coincidence that DIIV is playing around the same time the rolling stones are here? maybe it's a sign that DIIV are the next great Cumming of rock n' roll. it's like the first time the beatles were on ed sullivan now that Divo are here to rock us away, baby! rock and rolls not ded, it's just join for a DIIIIIIIV!

(this band makes me want to kill myself)

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2012 5:08 PM

i've tried so hard to get into diiv, and i just can't. and the fact they just seem to be everywhere is haunting me. sigh.

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2012 5:15 PM

i hope more blogs post about this band

very underrated

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2012 6:31 PM

another shite live band. go diiv into a creek

Posted by Anonymous | December 12, 2012 10:11 PM

watching them in letterman will be awesome! but watching live is more awesome!

Posted by chest waders for kids | December 12, 2012 11:38 PM

Diiva

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 1:34 AM

diiv is great! hopefully they will get bigger, the world needs good music.

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 10:22 AM

watching them in letterman will be awesome! but watching live is more awesome!

Posted by Free E3lanat | December 15, 2012 11:30 AM

The necessary information you posted in you tube is excellently designed and has lots of beneficial articles that could be used as one great resource of knowledge of various aspects!I think you provided the best services for everyone.

Posted by humayun islam | December 15, 2012 11:57 AM

i may like Scalper Troll best of all the BV comment memes i'm forced to endure. but that's not really saying much.

Posted by Download Google Chrome 2013 | March 29, 2013 9:42 AM

I hope they get bigger too.

Posted by catering winnipeg | July 1, 2013 1:58 PM

http://www.foodsthatincreasemetabolismandburnfat.com/foods-that-burn-belly-fat-for-men/ I am looking for a competent writer, long time in this area. Excellent article!
I have read not one article on your blog. You're a big lad

Posted by produk k link | August 9, 2013 11:01 PM

http://www.fastmetabolismdietrecipes.com/master-your-metabolism-recipes-250-fat-torching-recipes-yummy/ Thank you for your work. Article helped me a lot. Really worthwhile article. Pay attention Hey, buddy, I have not figured out how to subscribe

Posted by Foods That Increase Metabolism | August 9, 2013 11:01 PM

http://obatpelangsingherbaltubuhcepat.com/obat-herbal-untuk-pelangsing-tubuh/ I found what I was looking for. great article, thanks. Subscribed to your blog, thanks. I can not figure out how do I subscribe to your blog

Posted by Fast Metabolism Diet Recipes Yummy | August 9, 2013 11:02 PM

http://www.fatburningfoodsformen1.com/low-fat-low-cholesterol-diet-cookbook-plan-recipes-uk-for-weight-loss/ I am a long time ago I read your blog and has long been saying that you're a great writer. Say "thanks" you to your parents that they gave you the world

Posted by fat burning foods for men | August 9, 2013 11:03 PM

http://www.produkk-link.com/penyakit-obatnya-penyembuhan/suplemen-pembakar-lemak-terbaik/ Thank you for what you have. This is the best post I've read. I will not talk about your competence, the article simply disgusting. You just copied someone else's story

Posted by Foods That boosty your metabolism recipes | August 9, 2013 11:04 PM

http://www.foodsthatboostyourmetabolism.com/food-combinations-that-burn-fat/ This is the worst article of all, I've read, You are the worst writer. Thank you, this is the worst thing I've read. Reading this article - the gift of your time

Posted by Obat Pelangsing | August 9, 2013 11:05 PM