Posted in music | tour dates on December 10, 2012

by Andrew Sacher

Screaming Females in LA in October (more by Wei Shi)
Screaming Females

New Brunswick label Don Giovanni are throwing their annual Brooklyn showcases in 2013 at Music Hall of Williamsburg on February 8 and 9, and this year they're doubling as the label's tenth anniversary shows. Both nights have typically great lineups, with the 2/8 show featuring Laura Stevenson and the Cans, Jeffrey Lewis, Lemuria, Waxahatachee, and Hilly Eye, and the 2/9 show featuring Screaming Females (I hope this means Marissa is getting better!), Black Wine, Stormshadow (who the label refers to as "original, political, tight musicians" who "made fantastic art" but "broke up and no one outside of New Brunswick knew who the band was," and they'll be reuniting for this show as well as reissuing their album, Set On Destroy, via Don Giovanni this winter), Home Blitz and Shellshag. Tickets for both nights and a 2-day pass option go on sale Friday (12/14) at noon and AmEx presale for the individual nights begins Wednesday (12/12) at noon. The flyer for the showcases is below.

California X at Tommys Tavern in June (more by Fred Pessarro // BBG)
California X

One band that we're a little bummed to see not on this lineup is Amherst's grungy California X, who have a great self titled LP coming out via Don Giovanni on January 15. I know we're still in year-end-list of 2012 mode, but this is already one of my most anticipated records of 2013. You can stream the single, "Pond Rot," below.

Song stream and show flyer are below.

California X - "Pond Rot"

Don Giovanni' /></p>
            </div>

---<br />
<p><div id=

Everyone should make a point to go to this since Screaming Females NEVER play here.

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2012 4:01 PM

Amazing Tony Millionaire poster

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2012 4:08 PM

First poster is such an idiot, Screaming Females last NY show was like August. yeah, two shows in a 5 month period is really overkill.

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2012 4:10 PM

I would go see a Screaming Females show everyday if I could. You don't see 5 ft lesbians dressed like an extra on Little House on the Prairie shred the fuck out of a guitar like that anywhere else on earth.

Get well Marissa...u rule!

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2012 4:41 PM

I think the first poster is being sarcastic, which is what people do when they're not funny. I would suggest going to see the Screaming Females if you like their music and support their band, not based on frequency of shows in the tri-state area.

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2012 5:00 PM

4:41..you are special..

Posted by Anonymous | December 10, 2012 8:18 PM

the chick from screaming females and that bat for lashes person should form a supergroup called hatchet face....

Posted by Anonymous | December 11, 2012 12:08 AM

woman from screaming females + steven tyler + carly simon = awesome circle of ouroboros

Posted by Anonymous | December 11, 2012 9:08 AM

Man, thought that the headline meant that X (California, not Australia) had a new album coming out.

Posted by Anonymous | December 11, 2012 9:24 AM

me too

Posted by Blag | December 11, 2012 3:18 PM

I am not familiar with this band The Screaming Females, but I had a "screaming female" situation the other night... Let me explain:
So there I was, just walking down Bedford avenue doing some Christmas shopping. I found some really great used t-shirts and a few bootleg animal collective vinyls at the record shop and some artesian cheese books from a sidewalk vendor. Everything was going really well, but all this walking around made me hungry, so I walked into the local bodega to bring home some snacks. When I finally arrived back at my apartment my girlfriend asked me what was in the bags I was carrying. I showed her the presents and she was really happy and smiling, but when we got to the bag from the bodega, she noticed I didn't have any 8oz tubs of hummus in there...
Let me tell you, her mood switched from happy to pure fury! I tried to calm her down, but that female would not stop screaming!

Posted by Anonymous | December 11, 2012 3:45 PM

^hate to say it, but if so, its for the best-they sounded roughly 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than when they were last in ny.

Posted by soft | February 9, 2013 10:57 PM