Posted in music on December 13, 2012

Rolling Stones @ Prudental Center -- 12/13/2012 (photo by caviartaste)
Stones

The Rolling Stones, with advertised special guest Mick Taylor, along with surprise guest John Mayer, played their first of two shows at the Prudential Center in NJ on Thursday night (12/13). Check out the full setlist below.

The show was their third NYC-appearance in a few days. The previous one was one night earlier as part of the 12-12-12 benefit at Madison Square Garden, and before that it was a headlining show at Barclays Center in Brooklyn with special guests Gary Clark Jr. and Mary J. Blige. The final show of the run, which is going to be available live on Pay Per View, is back at the Prudential Center on Saturday with advertised special guests Mick Taylor, Lady Gaga, Bruce Springsteen and the Black Keys.

12/13 setlist, below...

setlist: Rolling Stones - 12/13/2012 @ Prudential Center, NJ (via)
"Sympathy for the Devil" (by marching band, Stones not on stage yet)
"Get Off of My Cloud"
"The Last Time"
"It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)"
"Paint It Black"
"Gimme Shelter"
"Respectable" (with John Mayer)
"Wild Horses"
"Around and Around"
"Doom and Gloom"
"One More Shot"
"Miss You"
"Honky Tonk Women"
"Before They Make Me Run"
"Happy"
"Midnight Rambler" (with Mick Taylor)
"Start Me Up"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Brown Sugar"
"Sympathy for the Devil"
Encores:
"You Can't Always Get What You Want"
"Jumpin' Jack Flash"
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

ZZZ

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 11:30 PM

Man, they are so old, they can even switch up the setlist.

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 11:32 PM

Insane stage set for what, like 7 shows? Run, Mick, Run.

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 11:35 PM

Jumpin' Jack Flash? That's a rare one!

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 11:39 PM

and they had to do You Got Me Rocking as one of only two songs at the benefit?! Two songs and that was the opener?
Respectable! Goddammit. Respectable! THAT song gets people rocking. Big difference.

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 11:49 PM

Or the rewrite of 'Repectable', which is 'When the Whip Comes Down' - either of those, right, RIGHT?

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 11:54 PM

last good stones show was at altamont

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2012 11:55 PM

why only one song for mick taylor?

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 12:03 AM

All so predictable. They should just play Their Satanic Majesties Request cover to cover.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 12:10 AM

they are 70 years old. how many songs do u want them to learn??

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 12:29 AM

How ridiculous to critisize the Stones. 50 years! By any standards they are still proving that they can cut the mustard on stage!! ON STAGE! Get it. It's easy to play tricks in the studio, if the band isn't solid there's no way to fake that on stage. The fact that the Stones have the balls to back up the talk on stage after 50 years is amazing. They sound fantastic! All you petty people can do is pick on song choices and set lists, pathetic. The facts speak for themselves, and so do their past and CURRENT performances! Stones fans know the truth. The rest of you, seriously, go get a LIFE.

Posted by Francesco | December 14, 2012 12:37 AM

The Rolling Stones = The greatest rock band in history.

This is not an opinion. This is a factual statement.

Even at 70 they still kick it out!

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 1:01 AM

i'm of the regular meh crowd on here, and was at tonight's show, and thought it was great. for a band that old, they sounded fine, and played for a damn long time. admittedly, i got lucky with a $95 ticket during a drop earlier today, and moved into an $800 seat once inside. either way, they're worth seeing at least for who they are, and that there likely aren't too many shows left for them. if you can find a cheap enough ticket, go.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 1:04 AM

I liked that the 2 "guests" just showed up to play guitar. fuck the duet shit

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 1:40 AM

You know why they have the title Worlds Greatest Rock n Roll Band? Because they are. Night 1 in Newark was amazing.

Posted by Steve | December 14, 2012 2:00 AM

This "tour" truly sucks. Mick Taylor should be featured on more than one song. He needs at least one or two more spotlight pieces, something like "Time Waits For No One" or "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'." At least Brooklyn got the Lennon/McCartney number. And where the hell is Bill? For 900 bucks they should have had Bill at least. And I'm pretty sure Lady Gaga will not improve things. The Beach Boys did it right at least. This tour is for rich folks who probably have no fucking clue who Mick Taylor even is.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 2:22 AM

they dropped some tickets for their show on saturday.. i got a $120 ticket

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 2:30 AM

they are going to tour next year but for this go around it would have been very cool to charge like $10 bucks a ticket and just get a sponsor to pick up the overhead - in 1975 it cost $9.50 to see them at the Garden.

Oh and make everyone whip out the card they used to buy the tickets to piss off the stubhubheads.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 4:55 AM

1:04 - what time did you purchase?

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 5:20 AM

800 dollars to see this? Ha

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 7:01 AM

They better do 'Shattered' at one of these NY area shows

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:17 AM

I checked today and there were no tix available
hope they keep releasing them today and tomorrow

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:20 AM

$800 seats for sat up now

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:30 AM

single tix for $800, keep trying

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:41 AM

I'm surprised the Obamas weren't there, seeing how much they like hanging out with the top 0.01% wage earners

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:43 AM

How many people did John Mayer blow to get on the stage?

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:45 AM

why do people have to make EVERYTHING a political issue? if you can't afford tickets then don't f***ng whine and watch it on pay per view
I refuse to pay 800 bucks for a ticket, but I don't go around bitching like an unemployed hipster that things are expensive. Get a job, save up, and stop envying other people's possessions

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:45 AM

^ You are a certifiable assface.

See, not political. So you are wrong as well.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:52 AM

KIllers cancel cause they are sicky...stones no cancel and Mick 70, ja ja ja

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:54 AM

8:45 you are funny. You do realize that you unintentionally articulated the RNC party platform, right?

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:54 AM

Saturday show will be better because they will broadcast it live and tape it for DVD release

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:55 AM

Spent nearly a grand for one ticket for staurday I did ...Merry Christmas!

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:56 AM

^was it for the pit area? those tix were sold for 1K when they went on sale

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:57 AM

^ No, but it's a very nice seat, wanted to spend more, but I'm HAPPY where I am! Shattered.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:02 AM

hope you enjoy it
I am going to keep trying in case they release something a bit cheaper

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:04 AM

^ Good luck to you! If you can go, go!

Gold rings on your fingers..

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:05 AM

yeah, thanks, i am hopeful but not as positive that something cheap will come along :)

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:08 AM

5:20 -- i got my $95 ticket yesterday on ticketmaster at about 4pm. it was side view in 216, so i couldn't see the screens. otherwise, view of the band was good enough. had an asshole next to me that brought tambourines, so i moved. it wasn't hard to move to the lowers once the show began (they seemed to have given up checking tickets a few songs in).

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:22 AM

my grandmother told me she was impregnated by a rolling stone in 1965. this was before abortion and she had to live in an unwed mothers home and give up the baby for adoption. she thinks the father was the bass player and has no idea where her child is now.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:33 AM

wonder what song will lady Gaga and Bruce will join in on

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:38 AM

@2:22 - Well said in regards to the Beach Boys. I really want to see this tour, but the prices will have to drop for me to go. At least the Beach Boys were affordable and they played for two & a half hours!

Beach Boys > Stones

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:44 AM

Beach Boys > Stones

ha ha! you're kidding right?

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:49 AM

agree with 2:22 as well. Did you see all those middle aged pot bellied dudes at the benefit show and their trophy wives on front row seats? it was sad that they cared more for the cameras than being before a legendary band

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:49 AM

I just bought a ticket on ticketmaster for $120 for Sat. Couldn't miss The Stones with Bruce, Mick Taylor and The Black Keys. I just kept trying until I found one. Crappy seat up behind the stage but at least I'm in. I hear it was easy to move down last night. That's the only good thing about the absurd prices - empty seats! anon 2:22 Wahhhh - you are a loser! Last night was awesome! I'm sure Sat will top it!

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 9:59 AM

I paid $0.00 to see the Bowling Stones last night at the Great Notch Inn and it was damn amazing.

How can you go wrong with a Not Fade Away opener.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 10:01 AM

With the exception of Tatoo You, The Stones/Mick Taylor era albums are better than all of the Stones/Ron Wood albums.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 10:37 AM

I saw the 12.12 perf on TV & considered giving up my ticket, it was so weak. Also the meh setlist.

After going last night, all I can say is impossible to have gone last night & not thought it was killer. If anyone in the bldg didn't think that was a great show, I really feel sorry for you.

I also find it hard to believe anyone on this board could think Beach Boys > RS. BBoys have sucked for over 30 years, live , on record, politically - terrible.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 11:15 AM

I love people on this board who put the stones down for being "old." you do realize that someday you're going to be old, right? except no one will give 2 fucks. Also those "old" guys influenced literally ever band you listen to and this site covers.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 11:22 AM

No one puts down BB King, Chuck Berry, Buddy Guy for being old and BB sits down and plays and Chuck falls off the stage and can't remember the words..Buddy is still good though...hummm so why pick on the Stones? I wonder..

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 11:39 AM

For what it's worth, I saw Dylan in Prospect Park four years ago, and he had lost about 95 percent of what made him Dylan. I saw the Stones last night, and they've lost about 3 percent of what makes them the Stones. I'd be tempted to say they've lost zero percent, but I'll grant you that Keith's arthritic fingers don't quite move like they used to.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 11:47 AM

No one said Beach Boys > Rolling Stones. The original comment seemed to be more about ticket prices and what was delivered for those prices. Simply put, There is no ticket that is worth $800.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 12:02 PM

^Not true I paid $800 to go to Japan and that was worth every penny!

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 12:19 PM

Bill Wyman does not like to fly - one of the main reasons he retired from the Stones 20 years ago. That is probably why he is not taking part in the area shows.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 12:20 PM

What was the scalping scene outside before the Newark show?

Posted by Dexter McFeely | December 14, 2012 12:23 PM

nice thing about rich people who buy tickets to shows is that alot times they do not bother to show up and you can sneak down to their seats.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 12:50 PM

that's exactly what I did for the Madonna show and I had great seats in the end

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 2:24 PM

I was at the show and thought they sounded great!

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 2:51 PM

10:37 Mick Taylor is on 2 of the songs on Tattoo You: "Tops" and "Waiting on a Friend". They are leftovers from Goats Head Soup. I do like "Some Girls" better than that album though.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 3:54 PM

Stones leaked themselves as coachella headliners. Might as well buy a 3-day pass on stub hub right now and a flight to Cali. It'll be cheaper than an $800 seat for tomorrow's show for the same exact set plus tons of other bands.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 4:38 PM

The Stones never made an album as good as Pet Sounds.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 5:08 PM

I can think of at least TEN stones albums that are better then Pet Sounds.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 5:21 PM

I can think of at least TEN stones albums that are better then Pet Sounds.

100% true! But then I never really cared for the Beach Boys even back in the day.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 5:41 PM

Really? NAME EIGHT OF THEM.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 6:08 PM

I'd rather listen to ANY Stones album than ANY Beach Boys album. Pet Sounds may have been groundbreaking and influential but it does nothing for me. I always kinda hated most Beach Boys songs. Just couldn't relate to them at all.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 8:15 PM

1. exile

2. sticky fingers

3. beggars banquet

4. let it bleed

5. some girls

5, not 8. lots of other strong stones, but props to pet sounds.

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 11:27 PM

a bigger bang or that's why god made the radio?

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 11:28 PM

Both suck but the final 3 tracks on God Made The Radio are great

Posted by Anonymous | December 14, 2012 11:41 PM

bjm>rs

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2012 12:07 AM

Eh

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2012 1:01 AM

the beach boys album doesn't suck for that exact reason - the final few songs are amazing. half the album is good, but the other half is so so.
the last stones album doesn't suck either for a rock and roll album - it is decent, but of course, it is not a great stones album.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2012 11:01 AM

I'm glad to see Rumors is finally getting a vinyl reissue. I've been looking for a used copy forever but haven't been able to track one down.

Posted by Download Google Chrome 2013 | March 29, 2013 9:35 AM