Posted in music on December 17, 2012

Rolling Stones w/ Lady Gaga at Prudential Center - 12/15/12 (via Sarah Neves)
Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones wrapped up their '50 and Counting' shows at Prudential Center in Newwark, NJ on Saturday (12/15), after playing the same venue two days earlier. They were joined by previously announced guests Lady Gaga on "Gimme Shelter," The Black Keys on a cover of Bo Diddley's "Who Do You Love?", former Stone Mick Taylor on "Midnight Rambler," and Bruce Springsteen on "Tumbling Dice." In addition to those guests, John Mayer (who was a surprise guest at the first Prudential Center show) and Gary Clark Jr. (who was a guest at their Barclays Center show) joined the band for a cover of Don Nix's "Going Down," and The Choir of Trinity Wall Street again joined them for "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

Videos and setlist below...

The Rolling Stones ft. Lady Gaga - "Gimme Shelter" at Prudential Center - 12/15/12

The Rolling Stones ft. Bruce Springsteen - "Tumbling Dice" at Prudential Center - 12/15/12

The Rolling Stones ft. The Black Keys - "Who Do You Love?" at Prudential Center - 12/15/12

The Rolling Stones at Prudential Center - 12/15/12 Setlist: (via)
Get Off of My Cloud
The Last Time
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga)
Wild Horses
Going Down (Don Nix cover) (with John Mayer & Gary Clark Jr)
Dead Flowers
Who Do You Love? (Bo Diddley cover) (with The Black Keys)
Doom and Gloom
One More Shot
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
Before They Make Me Run (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Happy (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen)
Brown Sugar
Sympathy for the Devil

Encore:
You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the Choir of Trinity Wall Street)
Jumpin' Jack Flash
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

$45 dollars to see them on PPV? Have they no shame!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:09 AM

get money.

get paid.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:11 AM

Glad I went night 1 and didn't have to deal w/the Gaga bs. Their backup singer does a better job.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:14 AM

Its the money. Dolla dolla bill ya'll

Posted by C.R.E.A.M(!) | December 17, 2012 11:17 AM

Works out to $40 a song for the expensive seats..

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:18 AM

I saw them in 2005 at Giants Stadium 80% similar Setlist for $50...what changed in 7 years?

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:19 AM

^They are older, slower and less exciting. Really a letdown unfortunately.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:23 AM

^Ah so that is why the tickets went up in price!

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:24 AM

^No that is just pure insane greed.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:29 AM

7 years closer to death, that's why its so much bank.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:31 AM

also saw them in 2005, very similar setlist and they did sound amazing that time

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:41 AM

Gaga ruined that song, the backup singer is a thousand times better.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:51 AM

Gaga looks horrendous.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 12:04 PM

^did she ever not?

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 12:30 PM

ron wood said they had to make money to bullshit the rolling stones are all about money they dont care about there fans they dont that good anymore sloppy guitiars the only won that sounds good is mick and charlie watts then they charge 40 to 50 for ppv

Posted by bobby | December 17, 2012 12:34 PM

Gaga was actually really good -- the crowd loved her

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 12:35 PM

I was there. A tremendous show. Lets face it, it wasn't a Gaga crowd but she won everyone over. John Mayer is an exceptional guitar player. The Black Keys number was a nice surprise and Bruce delivered as usual. 23 songs, 2 hours and 15 minutes long. Show of the year. I'd go again and yes, I paid a fortune, but it's my money...not yours.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 12:49 PM

To the morons 12:35 and 12:49 I must ask how you migrated over to this blog. Obviously from your comments, you 2 dopes are not discerning concert goers or music fans. Just curious how people of your ilk find this place.

Also, 12:49, you realize this show was broadcast on PPV and is all over the internet now. So we can all see how much of an idiot you actually are to say show of the year.

Fucking fool.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 12:52 PM

GaGa's got pancake titties.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Show of the year.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 12:59 PM

Maybe if this show was 12:15 in the morning on Jan 1, 2013 you can at that point say it was the show of the year.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:00 PM

People saying show of the year are clearly troll baiting as no one in their right mind would say this.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:06 PM

mary clayton

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:12 PM

@ 12:52 wow, such big words coming from you. I've been on this board for about three years. I go to 20-30 shows a years not including local bands playing smaller places. Been doing this for 15 or so years. So, you've interpreted me as an "idiot" and "fucking fool", I laugh at your face and in your face. Don't bother to reply to me, I won't read it.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:24 PM

To the fools that were NOT there, the show absolutely killed! They sounded tight and on point for almost 2 1/2 hours! I saw all the videos leading up to this and low expectations, but after I saw the show in person I changed my mind. One of the best shows of the year...if you were there you know.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:26 PM

When are the Yankee Stadium shows going on sale?

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:30 PM

I've seen enough shows to say, not show of
the year, show of a lifetime. If you weren't
there, you wouldn't know.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:33 PM

1:24, Ooh 20-30 shows a year. OH wow now that is one incredible number. Again, you are a fucking fool. Obviously you have not been reading this blog for 3 years because if you were you would know that the number you so proudly crowed about is a joke to regular readers here. Oh and yeah uh huh, sure you are not reading these comments.

Also nice try again trolls 1:26 and 1:33

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:43 PM

The funny thing here is that unless you were one of the fools who paid extreme amounts of money to be in the front, anyone who watched the PPV at home had better views and sound than people actually there.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:45 PM

Fred,please!! Get the formaldehyde!!

Posted by w.flintstone | December 17, 2012 1:45 PM

what's a troll, and why do you guys seem to know so much about them?

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:46 PM

Well, me lad I know the Stones so well becaz we the same age!

Posted by the hobbit | December 17, 2012 1:57 PM

anyone who says something positive is a troll

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 1:59 PM

More like anyone who says something completely outlandish and ridiculous is a troll

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:01 PM

then we must be trolls!
hooray for the trolls!
hooray for the rolling stones!
hooray for any other band you like better!
hooray!

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:02 PM

1:43- I can't tell if its funny or sad that you're bragging about you being a regular reader on a site nobody gives a shit about

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:03 PM

I don't think its that crazy for anyone to say that a Rolling Stones show was the best of the year. But if you're a jaded hipster who only goes to $8 shows then I see your point

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:11 PM

^ A site nobody gives a shit about yet you come here to post comments. Genius, pure genius.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:11 PM

" don't think its that crazy for anyone to say that a Rolling Stones show was the best of the year."

Maybe years ago that statement would ring true. For these shows, yeah it's pretty fucking stupid

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:12 PM

2:11- just because I comment on this site doesn't mean most people know or care about it

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:16 PM

Thank god we don't have to hear about this anymore.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:18 PM

2:16-You are an idiot. Just shut up already.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:19 PM

you know its true

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:20 PM

Yeah,the guys can still rock but think about it kids-this IS what elderly rock and roll looks like. So, if your thinking of starting a band...............

Posted by the third wheel (and who cares) | December 17, 2012 2:20 PM

All the cool bands break up after 2 albums nowadays.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 2:31 PM

I never thought Gaga would look like Christina Aguilera right before the birth of her son.

Posted by Steve | December 17, 2012 3:09 PM

The Stones should re-hire Taylor, fire Wood and tour hard next year.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 3:13 PM

20 years from now this broad will be doing theater or writing childrens books if she's lucky. Just another IT pop tart of the moment. Or no wait-maybe if we're lucky in the near future we'll get a few laughs from the tabloids while waiting to check out groceries @ your local supermarket.

Posted by heavymetalmama | December 17, 2012 3:23 PM

old meat bags.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 4:30 PM

This was not the show of the year.

Posted by a bitter idiot that couldn't get tickets | December 17, 2012 5:56 PM

This was the show of the year

Posted by Dumb idiot who shelled out tons of money, was dissapointed and now trying to justify it to himself n | December 17, 2012 6:50 PM

^^^ unoriginal hipster

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 7:13 PM

X gets the square for the block.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 7:14 PM

7:13=Out of touch rockin daddy

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 7:30 PM

yes this was an expensive show by a super legendary intact band that may or may not end up being their last show ever. What the readers and posters on this blog don't realize is that the type of fans that shelled out the big bucks to see this group are rich and not going to miss their $800, and are not going to be going anywhere near this blog.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 9:22 PM

So you are all wasting your time debating the cost, age, strength of the Stones show. To the people that went it was fantastic and meaningful, to you people that posts stuff here constantly making fun of everything and anything, the people at that show will never see any of your posts.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 9:22 PM

"yes this was an expensive show by a super legendary intact band that may or may not end up being their last show ever"

They are intact? Hmm that must be news to Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor, Brian Jones. Far from intact. Also, there is no chance this is their last shows you fucking dummy. It has all but been officially announced they will be playing next year.

"To the people that went it was fantastic and meaningful"

I know a number of people who went who thought it was far less than fantastic. Also again, you are talking as if only people who went saw this show. Again, you are a fucking idiot. It was broadcast on pay per view and is now available on torrent sites and cyber lockers all over the net. And as said before, unless you were right in front, those watching the braodcast had better views and better sound than anyone else there.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 10:06 PM

as a matter of fact they have no shows booked in 2013.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 10:47 PM

The Stones are more intact than any other 60's band playing today. They are still the Stones. They have the same lineup since the late 1970's. minus Wyman who doesn't make a bit of difference on stage. Mick Talylor was part of these shows and Brian Jones is ancient history, left the band and then went and died before anyone on this site was even born. For all intent and purposes the Rolling Stones are still very much intact.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 10:50 PM

It's so totally awesome that because you disagree with me I must be a fucking dummy AND a fucking idiot. It's been anything but officially announced that they are touring next year. The chances are 50/50 at best and there are no shows booked and no tour is currently planned. YOu sire are the fucking dummy and idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 10:53 PM

There will always be a number of people who think anything is less than fantastic, especially anyone associated with this blog and website. A bunch of pussy know nothing hipster sarcastic children who will immediately diss anything no matter how good it is, especially and automatically if it is old. Pity for your musical future.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 10:56 PM

I am just laughing out loud at the last 3, YES DUMMIES , who just posted. More likely than not it is the same angry Rockin Daddy joker posting all 3.

"They have the same lineup since the late 1970's. minus Wyman who doesn't make a bit of difference on stage"

Oh really?????? Hilarious. Immediately anything you say after that can be dismissed and from that alone yes you are an idiot know nothing. But illustrates the type of people who paid to see this show. Not discerning concert goers or music lovers. People who go to one or 2 shows a year and think that something like this is fantastic.

As for future shows, you must not have seen the accidental Coachella date that was posted on the app and then quickly removed. I'm sure you think that was just a mistake and not the fact that they are playing the festival. Also you must have missed all the interviews Keith Richards has been giving basically saying yes we are playing next year.

I mean just shut your trap already daddy. They are playing next year and when it is announced I hope you feel as stupid then as you sound now.

But hey tell me and the rest of us how fantastic the show was. In fact describe it in detail for me since I am watching it right now on a 100' widescreen through a great system. Please i need you to tell me how it was.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:25 PM

first of all little child, that exact same app that 'accidently leaked ' the Coachella date also had them listed as playing the Cinema Arts Center in Huntington Long Island. Yes that's right according to that reliable app the Rolling Stones were listed in between the Newark listing and the Coachella listing as playing a small movie theater in Long Island. This was in fact not the case. So that's how reliable that app is.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:38 PM

second, they have been rumored to be playing the Beacon again, the Capitol in Portchester, a second Barclays show, MSG, etc, these last few weeks, all of which didn't happen. So just because it's been spoken about doesnt mean it's happening. Keith's word about it is not fact. Ron Wood also mentioned that they would be playing club shows in London and New York on this mini tour. Didn't happen. Coachella might not happen either.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:41 PM

even funnier is the fact that you feel a need to diss the show fo the people who were there while claiming to actually be putting aside the time and effort to watch it yourself on your big screen tv, which of course if you are telling the truth you must have paid $45 for for the PPV. Sucker?

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:44 PM

oh so I can be dismissed because I said that they have the same lineup since the late 70's minus Wyman? Is that not the case? Tell me the errors of my ways. I guess I am an idiot for thinking that Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron were all in the band since about 1975?

who was in the band then if it wasn't them oh wise one?

Freaking imbecile.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:46 PM

My friend and I each bought a $120 obstructed view ticket on ticketmaster, mine on Fri morning and his on Sat morning. We kept trying over and over until we scored. I checked on stubbhub and craigslist the seats that were going for absurd money and picked where we would be sitting knowing no one would buy them. Worked like a charm - we sat in section 10, row 10 right by the stage. The Stones were great, especially Mick as were all of the guests except Gaga who was way over the top. Much better than I expected having seen the Stones many times before. As for "The show of the year", that's kind of a silly, subjective term. It was my favorite and most fun show of the year by far and I saw at least 50 bands this year. Anyone that was not there saying anything negative has no idea what they are talking about. Sounds more like jealousy to me. I can be pretty critical and I'm very happy I went! I do hope they come back next year.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:48 PM

These Stones shows were HOT!

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2012 11:51 PM

11:48 that's such a good idea.. i wanted to do something like that but didnt have the balls

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 12:02 AM

Oh rockin daddy you are so stupid and just keep putting your foot in yout mouth

The app was not wrong and it never said the stones were playing a cinema in Huntington. It just said there was an event going on there and on that date there is actually a Stones event going on there. Not a mistake at all. You are once again an idiot

Second, there were none of these rumors that you list. At least none that were reputable. The only one that was rumored and from a good source was the fact that they would play Barclays and guess what, they did.

Yes there was talk of surprise club dates and there were 2 in France. None came to fruition here or in London. It was never specified where just that there would be and there was.
Again, they will be 100% playing next year and I'd bet Coachella will happen as well. I hope when the shows are announced that you come back to this blog and hold yourself up for the ridicule you deserve.

As for the Bill Wyman comment, you apparently cannot read. The place where you an idiot is you saying Wyman is not missed on stage. You obviously have no clue as to his contribution or what his sound was like and what he brought to the band. Because, while Darryl is a great bassist, Bill is missed.

Finally, I know you are old Rockin Daddy and out of touch but there is a thing called torrents and cyber lockers, They allow you to get things off the net for free and not have to pay for them. The Stones PPV is all over the net for free.

Go away stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 12:09 AM

11:48- Section 10 is not obstructed view so either you are lying or you moved seats which would mean you did nothing smart when buying the ticket. You just got lucky.

Seeing 50 bands this year is not a big deal to most readers of this blog. I can understand then why you thought this was the best show of the year for you. You don't see that many shows. Makes sense.

"Anyone that was not there saying anything negative has no idea what they are talking about"

Again a fucking dumb comment. I and many others saw the PPV broadcast. The sound and view was better for me and many others than you sitting in an obstructed view seat. So to say just because we were not there means we have no idea what we are talking about is idiotic.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 12:13 AM

12:13 -- he's saying he bought a cheap (relatively speaking; $120) ticket and then checked stubhub to see which seats weren't sold, and then went and sat in them. i've done this too; it works.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:18 AM

12:13 You are the idiot! Did you even read my post? I said I sat right by the stage in sect 10 (in front of Whoopi Goldberg). I never went to my "obstucted view" seats. I went to seats that were for sale on stubhub for $1000 knowing they'd be empty. That's not luck at all. I did my homework. The Stones rocked, I was there, end of story. I may have seen better shows this year but this one was the most fun. The Stones shows usually are! I don't really rates shows anyway. As for the amount of shows, anyone can go see 100's of bands: local, free etc. If I counted festivals, Prospect Pk, Summerstage, etc I probably did see 100 bands. I was talking about actual shows. And really, who cares? The question I have is why is their ALWAYS such negativity on this site? No matter what band is reviewed, someone has to say they are "meh" or some dopey remark. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them stupid or retarded or an idiot!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:28 AM

Believe me Bill is not missed as much as you think. When Bill and Mick showed up for the London shows and not for Brooklyn, there was widespread dissappointment all over the web regarding Mick Taylor not being there, but no one seemed to care about Bill not showing up. When Mick T was announced officially for the Newark shows ticket holders were thrilled and yet I heard not a complaint across the net that Bill wasn't announced. Most people have seen Bill with the Stones but Mick Taylor is a relative rarity and much more of a thrill to see.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:33 AM

They were supposed to play TWO shows at Barclays. And as a matter of fact the original schedule had the tour being two shows in London and two shows at Barclays. Newark was never supposed to have the shows Then it moved from two shows at the Barclays to one at Barclays and one at MSG, then they scrapped that plan and moved the two shows to Newark. The single Barclays show which was supposed to be the two Newark shows was then added later as an add on to the tour. So plans change. Somehow though you are 100 percent certain that they are playing at Coachella because you saw it for one day on an app. Do you believe everything you see momentarily on the internet? I believe you do you moron. You gullible gullible moron. If the internet says it's so it must be so.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:41 AM

The surprise club shows in the US and UK were mentioned by Ron Wood AFTER the Paris club shows They didn;t happen. And btw, they did not actually play two Paris club shows. One was a real club show the other one was a closed to the public corporate party, not a club show that the public had any access to..

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:44 AM

oh I see some idiot on this site is 100 percent certain that the Stones are playing Coachelle because it was on an app and then taken off the app. Do you work for the Stones organization?Are you friends with any members of the band? No I didn't think so. You cannot be 100 percent certain.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:47 AM

are you really that stupid to think that they would 'accidently' put an event on their app that hasn't been announced or even finalized? That was either an outright mistake or a hoax.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:48 AM

this show was super fun and you didn't have to pay $800 to get in.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:51 AM

So what if they play Coachella next year? That's four months and 3000 miles away. Unless they do another tour and swing by here again, this last show in Newark will still be the last opportunity to see them locally and in an arena.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:55 AM

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:58 AM

good for you 1:28, But you didnt even need to do that much homework. I had seats all the way up top and did not go there just snuck right down to the front right before the Stones hit the stage and hung out in some empty seats I found. was sweet!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 2:01 AM

this show has gotten fantastic reviews.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 2:02 AM

That is right 1:51, you did not have to pay anything to get in. You can download it right now for free and see it.

You just can't argue with the Rockin Daddies. Angry, old and out of touch. Will be fun to watch them eat crow when the Stones play next summer. Hope they come back on then and take their beating.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 2:03 AM

"love that the guy who is bashing the show is busy downloading it so he can watch it on his 100 ft screen. Not interested in seeing the show apparently?"

Yeah cause downloading it for free and checking it out for curiosity's sake and then making a judgement on how it was is so stupid. What was your point again, dunce?

"are you really that stupid to think that they would 'accidently' put an event on their app that hasn't been announced or even finalized?"

Yeah that never happens where something is accidentally leaked before it is officially announced. Oh never. Even finalized? How would you know Daddy? Are you in the Stones camp? Are you so out of touch that you don't realize Coachella bands are booked months and months in advance of the show?

Seriously anyone who actually thinks that The Stones are only playing these 4 shows and not a full tour later on is just an idiot you cannot argue with. So enjoy your cluelessness. Please make sure to make yourself available for bashing once the tour is announced.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 2:10 AM

I am not sure if this is relevant or not, but the hummus I had for lunch was definitely the meal of the year.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 7:27 AM

nobody likes you

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 7:53 AM

I Like Him

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 9:44 AM

^that band from Finland? They dissapeared..I know Bam was a fan

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 10:33 AM

Stones > Grimes

Posted by oh you hummus turds | December 18, 2012 10:37 AM

I enjoyed the show in Newark. Very glad I went. Obviously I am a fan. Why would I eat crow if they came back and toured this summer? Wouldn't I be happy at the prospect of seeing them again? Why would I come on here and take a beating if one of my favorite bands that I just saw gave me another opportunity to see them again? Your logic is seriously messed up.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 11:15 AM

you just can't argue with these angry cluleless kids who think anything old is immediately cause for ridicule and who are really the ones out of touch because they close their minds off to anything that they think is from the older generation which must be made fun of or discounted right off the back. Typical. Who will be your Rolling Stones when you are older? nobody.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 11:18 AM

That Stones event on the app is not an official Stones event. There are all sorts of unofficial Stones related events going on all the time that don't make it onto that app. If that is supposed to have been the actual Rolling Stones itinerary on that app coming from the band there is no way that thing at the Huntington Cinema would have made it onto the app listing in between Newark and Coachella. Therefore the whole listing on that app, including Coachella is suspect.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 11:21 AM

What you are missing here little kid is that at this point in the game ti doesn't matter if the Stones have a few more shows in them planned or if another tour is in the works. If it is not the end of the band live, it will be very soon. I doubt these last arena shows were the last ones the band plans on playing, but then at this stage anything can happen and any shows could be the last ones. I don;t believe that the intention is for Newark to be the last show but it could always end up that way. The chances are good that there will be more shows but I wouldn't put all my money on it.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 11:25 AM

I will wade into this argument with my 2 cents. My girlfriend's company got tickets in the front lip for this show and so we went for free. Have seen the Stones a number of times over the years including the Beacon Theater Shine a Light one. Also, I am out usually seeing live music 3-4 and sometimes 5 times a week which from reading these comments is more than the others here.

In my opinion, the show was not even close to fantastic or show of the year. It was good for sure. I mean it is the Stones so it is not going to be bad. You just cannot deny they are not as exciting anymore. How could they be at their ages? Agreed with someone above who said they seem a few steps slower both in their playing and movements. I can understand though if you don't go to shows as much as myself or others then you might think this was something amazing.

I would also place money on the fact that they will tour again this summer. A pretty safe and sure bet. I also downloaded the PPV free and it actually does sound better thsn inside the PRU so if you just watched that you did not miss anything by not actually being there.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 12:38 PM

^ KingOfAllConcerts

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 1:20 PM

Jerry! Jerry!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 2:41 PM

Lady Gaga also did a killer version of Cocksucker Blues.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 3:33 PM

12:38: one can also make the argument that going to shows for free five times a week, including some high profile ones makes you jaded. You will eventually not see anything as all that fantastic or approaching show of the year.

Too many shows with too much easy access will eventually make you shrug.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 5:06 PM

5:06, If i am reading 12:38's comment correctly, they do not say they go to shows for free. They said they went to this show for free.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2012 5:14 PM

If 12:38's girlfiends company got them free tickets right up in front for this show, AND he managed to get into the Beacon Scorcese film shoot show at the Beacon, then he is obviously connected in some way to the industry and one can make a general assumption that a lot of the shows he is going to are comped.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2012 2:13 PM

^Ah so that is why the tickets went up in price!

Posted by Free E3lanat | December 20, 2012 3:01 PM

I'll say it. It definitely was the show of a lifetime, and this ain't my first rodeo. For those who say otherwise please just list one group whose performance beats the Stones. Put up or shut up. BTW, this was my 53rd Stones show.

Posted by destruct chief | December 21, 2012 11:17 PM

HA! Guess what?

No Stones at Coachella. To all the above that were so 100 percent certain because it appeared briefly on their app, go kick yourself in the ass.

Posted by Anonymous | January 25, 2013 12:07 PM

still putting together the pieces of my mind from last night's show. can't wait for round two tonight!

Posted by Hotspot Shield 2013 | March 31, 2013 9:08 AM