Posted in music | tour dates on January 18, 2013

Aretha Franklin in Coney Island in 2011 (more by Jacob Blickenstaff)
Aretha Franklin

Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin is still kickin' it and she'll be playing a few shows on the east coast this March. Two of those are in the NYC area, including one at Westchester County Center in White Plains, where she was supposed to play back in November, but that show was postponed and will instead take place on March 27. After that, Aretha will play the Prudential Hall at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center on March 30. Tickets for the Westchester show and the NJ show are on sale now.

A list of all dates and a video below...

Aretha Franklin - "Respect"

Aretha Franklin -- 2013 Tour Dates
3/2 Seneca Niagara Events Center, Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel Niagra Falls, NY
3/9 Harrison Opera House Norfolk, VA
3/27 Westchester County Center White Plains, NY
3/30 Prudential Hall, New Jersey Performing Arts Center Newark, NJ
4/12 Roy Thomson Hall Toronto, ON
6/29 Place des Arts Montreal, QC

how's her voice these days?

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 2:39 PM

Well, she can't postpone shows due to health reasons until she schedules them, eh?

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 2:48 PM

H-U-M-M-U-S find out what it means to me!

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 2:55 PM

Perhaps it's a collective of people who write these "hummus" posts. Maybe it's one sad lonely dude. But either way, really? Pretty certain that was dead and done a couple days after it was first done years ago. Do you not come on this site to read about music? Maybe nobody does that anymore. Good luck in life, sad, lonely, little boy.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 3:31 PM

Hummus is the BV equivalent of shouting Freebird at a show.

Just ignore it & let the peeps think they're being funny.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 3:53 PM

"Hummus is the BV equivalent of shouting Freebird at a show."

Except that shouting "Freebird" is far less retarded and annoying. Especially, since I don't picture the tee-hee shit-eating-bearded-toothy scarf grin vibe when "Freebird" has ever been shouted.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 4:06 PM

BINGO WINGS DAWG

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 4:13 PM

I, for one, find the HUMMUS comments hilarious. I find it even more amusing that it bothers anyone. As if the BV comments section is supposed to be some "meeting of the minds" or something sacred. Pretty easy to just keep scrolling on...

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 4:48 PM

The energy giving phyto-nutrients that are locked within the chickpea keep the hummus underground strong and agile on all BV comment threads. Trying to curtail us is futile...

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 5:38 PM

Hummus comments, what "Hummus" comments, I don't get it.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 6:09 PM

Freebird? Have you ever tried to dance to that geezer anthem?

Posted by April Michele | January 18, 2013 6:09 PM

I don't know this "Freebird" song... But if somebody yelled out "Free Hummus" I would immediately start dancing wildly!

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 6:15 PM

@2:39,

Her voice is pretty deteriorated, and her set lists are terrible. (Many covers, few of her classic hits)

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 6:57 PM

i once saw aretha franklin and some hot woman at mamouns on st maarks. they ordered a hummus platter and because the joint was so crowded they ate it while sitting on the curb.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 9:35 PM

hummus comments are not like yelling "play freebird" at a concert. Nobody is calling their band "Brooklyn Lynyrd Skynyrd". Naming a music site "Brookly Vegan" is like naming a death metal band "Food not Bombs". If my colon wasn't blocked due to me being such a bloodmouth, I could show how this works using analogical notation.

Posted by Meat is Mordor | January 19, 2013 12:39 AM

I recall this one time when I was yelling "Hummus" at a concert... I will explain:

So me and a bunch of my pals went to see some seriously rocking show down at MHOW and we were all sticking together in a group, but when those guitars started raging, the crowd started moshing and we all got separated amidst the chaos of flapping arms and such. It was a great time, but I wanted to leave early that night because I had skipped dinner and was feeling a tad light headed and I could tell my body craved the energy giving phyto-nutrients that are locked within the chickpea.
But I d

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2013 1:08 AM

But I didn't want to leave the show without telling my pals so during a brief moment between songs, I looked to the cieling and with all my might screamed HUUUUUMMMMMUUUS as loud as possible in hopes my buds would hear me and know to meet me at Oasis after the show.

Posted by Anonymous | January 19, 2013 1:10 AM

last aretha show i went to had a wicked pit

Posted by Anonymous | January 20, 2013 3:41 PM

She is the queen of soul.

Posted by catering winnipeg | June 30, 2013 4:28 PM

We may have already had this but it is so good decided to post it anyway...enjoy!
Amazing voice.