Posted in dance | music | venues on January 17, 2013

Output

Williamsburg is getting a big, fancy new dance club very soon. Located at 74 Wythe (at N. 12th St.) right by Brooklyn Bowl and Wythe Hotel, Output is a 452-person-capacity club that is planning on opening in the next few weeks, with additional plans for a rooftop bar and restaurant. The club will focus on techno, house and other EDM styles. While the exact opening date has not been set, February 22 will be the first edition of Bunker to happen there, with DJ sets from Speedy J, Peter Van Hoesen, and Mike Servito.... and the fact that Bunker is doing a party there actually gives us hope that this place is not just going to end up catering to a Pacha-Jersey-Shore-like crowd. That said, Bunker will continue to host parties at Public Assembly just a few blocks away after February, for now anyway.

The new club "will be the new North American showcase room for Funktion One, featuring some next generation equipment you wont find anywhere else." I'm sure it's going to sound amazing in there.

Flyer for the Bunker party at Output is below.

IMAGE

Eff our lives.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:00 AM

The children of the 90s are moving to Brooklyn!

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:01 AM

There will now be a financial interest in shutting down DIY club parties in the area.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:02 AM

Why does the d-bag set want to mingle with hipster? this makes no sense. open this club in bayridge or on staten island.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:15 AM

there's a fushimi around the corner. this place is like statin island.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:17 AM

its almost funny, as if williamsburg wasnt already totally down the shitter. ugh

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:18 AM

That's it, I'm throwing in the towel...Moving to the country.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:28 AM

Yea, these darned kids and their new fangled music! I assumed I would move to Williamsburg and all time would stop but gosh dern, new music continues to occur and people continue to open up establishments and trends continue to shift in one direction or another. I thought we could all listen to MGMT and hold hands and be dirty and dress ironically forever! I'm going to claim that music is dead and start acting like an old person and not even attempt to understand the new wave of EDM music. Better to just try to get stuck in whatever I thought was cool in my early twenties and close myself off to any and all new ideas. Maybe I can find a place to rant about rising rent prices as well as though it weren't a natural result of a place being deemed "cool" for some period of time also!

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:28 AM

I hope raving comes back in a big way. Been waiting for this for a long time.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:34 AM

This is a great thing for lovers of good house and techno. The Bunker parties are rad, and this is going to be a home for parties with fantastic dance music and DJ's like let's play house, dog & pony, mister saturday with sound that makes cameo sound like some kids loft in mckibben

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:34 AM

Thank god, Williamsburg finally has a place snort coke to listen to Swedish House Mafia at the same time

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:36 AM

they won't play any music
when you walk in you will be handed a pair of earplugs so you can rock it out to music only you can listen to
silent disco yay!

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:47 AM

the guitar is dead.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:51 AM

I could not be more pleased with how angry this will make recent transplants who just got a huge mortgage and are now realizing that the hip factor is dying.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:56 AM

This is the NEW Williamsburg filled with fresh gentrifiers.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 10:57 AM

Do none of you remember Studio B? The world's not going to end.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:02 AM

10:18: I think thi makes Williamsburg a bit better! Although that's not saying much.

(1st) 10:28: ...gonna eat a lot of peaches?

(2nd) 10:28: I think you have the right idea, but ironically (get it!?) you kind of sound hipster with they way you present yourself too. Of course, there's no real way for me to confirm this at the moment, of course.

And I couldn't agree more with both 10:36 and 10:56.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:04 AM

11:02 nailed it. Plus Europa throws a straight up Bro / Jersey Shore party Saturday nights. You can smell the cologne from McCarren Park.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:06 AM

I'm thrilled. Bunker is top of the line, and about as Pacha/Jersey Shore/Swedish House Mafia-friendly as St. Vitus, a venue trafficking in warmed over nostalgia far more offensive than what this place seems poised to offer. I'll also take the likely crowd--again assuming Bunker and Mister Saturday Night set migrates here--over pretty much ANY of the shit rock clubs or teen-laden DIY dumps in the borough.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:11 AM

11:06, please realize those "straight up bros" are mostly 3rd generation Poles who have been in the neighborhood far, far longer than your Omaha-transplanted ass.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:13 AM

blah blah blah -- will the broads put out at Output?

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:23 AM

is this the new Ceilo or something else?

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:26 AM

Cielo has a piece of it

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:33 AM

So much love for Bunker...that party has been stale and boring for years, same Djs year in and out. I haven't been to a good party in Brooklyn for 5 years. This place will try so hard to be cool but will quickly switch over and cater to the Euro docuhe crowd. Expect Swedish Hose Mafia and Tiesto all night every night by Labor Day.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:40 AM

Ha!Ha!

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:46 AM

Do you think security will be cool with me smoking fat PCP blunts in there? Because that is what I like to do when I'm at techno parties.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 11:46 AM

oh yea, phhhhatty ooonce all day, brah!

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 12:04 PM

so like I can bring my son to a simulated rave, like I used to attend in the 90s? incredible! will there be smart drinks at the bar too?????

Posted by mr. bauldswyrthe | January 17, 2013 1:26 PM

11:46: not sure, but they will certainly be okay with you sucking their fat D-I-C-K in the backroom after hours

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 1:31 PM

1:31-LOL!

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 2:11 PM

Double Dippin my Newport 100 into the Crazy Eddie up at the rave y'all.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 2:27 PM

JELLY IS BACK

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 2:57 PM

Anyone complaining about dance clubs opening clearly don't remember the '80s or '90s.

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 3:09 PM

Ima goin 2 grind up on all dem br00klyn freak chix!

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 4:24 PM

this is good news for PUNCHES

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 4:52 PM

Nothing but good will come of this. Funktion one North American showcase room right in the hood!! I don't expect Swedish house mafia either. Good promoters like verboten will be all over this place.

Posted by @tucciBK | January 17, 2013 7:18 PM

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 7:39 PM

Verboten has its own thing happening down the st, just wait

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 8:01 PM

you can all come here to jersey if you promise to displace all the italians

you have to get rid of all of them or no deal, though

Posted by Anonymous | January 17, 2013 9:41 PM

i like this post

Posted by egypt | January 18, 2013 6:08 AM

anyone complaining about a smallish dance club is clearly a reactionary rockist douchebag who should move to the country anyway

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 1:57 PM

"Not gonna lie... I actually clicked on this one specifically for the comment section."

I do that with a lot of articles here.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 2:33 PM

452 person capacity is hardly a dance club. Never liked the feel of PA or Cameo for parties, so this might be an interesting shift. Verboten and Mister Saturday moving up is good news as well, SRB and House of Yes were always kind of meh.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 3:08 PM

so what is your contribution exactly?!!! @ anonymous 11:40am.

Posted by Anonymous | January 18, 2013 9:28 PM

News flash house and techno has been around for nearly 40 years assholes and has thrived in NYC LONG before you even set foot in NYC or Brooklyn by way of Iowa or Kansas so take your views and shove it up your ass and take your filthy clothes and your unwashed hair back to the Midwest ...BEAT IT!!!

Posted by Loud | January 21, 2013 10:32 AM

lets see what happens... https://www.facebook.com/OutputClub

Posted by Anonymous | January 21, 2013 11:36 AM

It would be great if Blk Market did a night.

Posted by Foster Hagey | January 23, 2013 1:41 PM

I am so excited for this one! Hope the crowd is as tasteful as the music selection. Seems to be no bridge & tunnel appeal based on the two events booked at Output for this weekend.

LOL @ 10:28

Posted by Anonymous | January 24, 2013 6:21 PM

6:21- You know Brooklyn and Queens qualify as "Bridge and Tunnel", right? The expression was made in reference to Manhattan...

Posted by Anonymous | January 25, 2013 1:46 PM

I don't care if it's packed with guidos or hipsters. As long as they are dancing and not modeling their H&M scarf. Come ugly and bring the basssssss

Posted by Ryan Wise | January 27, 2013 2:35 PM

I will say, I had a huge bias against this place before it opened, because the owners of Cielo are investors. I absolutely hate the cielo crowd and bouginess. I went to output this past Friday and Saturday, and I must say, I was totally blown away. The sound system is insane. The djs were amazing. It totally was not bougie. It was amazing. I haven't been to an amazing spot like that in over 10 years, with perfect vibes and music. Don't hate too hard guys :)

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2013 9:04 PM

So you would think Williamsburg finally gets a club for people to go party at but what you get is waiting in line to pay 20 bucks to listen to techno and trance that sucks!! same beat over and over. You def gotta be on drugs to enjoy yourself here. Besides the nice decor this place is a Major dissapointment!!!!

Posted by Noway | February 3, 2013 4:09 AM

Buy from ebay, the worlds largest and most trusted auction site. Pay with paypal and eliminate any security issues with your credit card.

Posted by Michal | February 24, 2013 9:17 PM

This place is for real. No BS DJ's, no BS attitude inside, and quite possibly the most immaculate sound system in any of the five boroughs.

Posted by Victor | March 4, 2013 6:09 PM

Isn't he a truly Techno genius or what? ;)

Posted by Ulmer | September 13, 2014 5:50 AM