Posted in music | pictures on January 23, 2013

photos by Robert Altman

Ellie Goulding @ T5, 1/21/2013
Ellie Goulding

VICE: What are you doing differently from the Lights Tour with the Halcyon Days Tour?

Ellie Goulding: It's way more "live." There's hardly anything on track anymore. Not that there really was before, but everything is like live now. Everything is live and everything is the right kind of sound, but it's also something visual. I wanted there to be a proper band as well for the performances. The smallest things amuse me, like the fact that Simon plays bass and there will be this trigger where the string reverberates and you can make that really cool dubby "womp womp" sound. I can't really describe it, but it's a really cool sound. And I'm doing a bit more with my voice and stuff. I'm adding "Hanging On," which I've never done before. It's just going to be way more happening. It's a bit more of a show than before.

Have you added anything strange to your tour rider?

No, just healthy stuff. I'm really boring; I should say something strange

Rising UK dancepop singer Ellie Goulding just wrapped up her two-night stint at Terminal 5 with St. Lucia opening. We've got pics from the first night (1/21) in this post. Did you go to one of the shows? How was it? While here, Ellie woke up early to appear on ABC's Good Morning America on Tuesday (1/22), performing her hit "Anything Could Happen." You can watch that, along with more pictures, below...

Ellie Goulding - "Anything Could Happen" on GMA

Great show last night. Super adorable.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 12:45 PM

WAY to many close up head shots. We get it...she's blond and singing into a mic.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 12:56 PM

She should have sang the national anthem at the inaguration

"Ellie Goulding: It's way more "live." There's hardly anything on track anymore. Not that there really was before, but everything is like live now. Everything is live and everything is the right kind of sound, but it's also something visual. I wanted there to be a proper band as well for the performances."

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:00 PM

yea she was very good last night. great sound (blah blah t5 i know)

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:08 PM

Terminal 5 is fine..people who talk smack are trolls, short or haven't been there in 5 years...

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:11 PM

Oh shut the fuck up 1:11. You are a fucking idiot.

People who don't like T5 are just people who know actual good sound and what a really good venue actually is.

People who say Terminal 5 is fine are clueless idiots or Bowery Presents employees.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:18 PM

^It's amazing how stupid you sound short troll

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:20 PM

1:18 believes everyone is a Bowery Presents employee. How cute..here is a lollipop.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:22 PM

@12:56- There are a lot of head shots of Ellie because, at least during the first 3 songs we were allowed to shoot, her band was in the dark, and it was almost all about her singing into the mic! Wish I could have shown you more!

Posted by Robert Altman | January 23, 2013 1:24 PM

1:18 go to a doctor and have them flush the wax out of your ears. Things will sound way better then. You should then clean your ears twice a week after that.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:26 PM

Why are you condemning short people you fucking dumb piece of shit. My dick is bigger than yours anyhow

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:27 PM

^ha ha funny. not condeming short people but when you are short the sound is more muffled as there are more things blocking the flow of sound.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:29 PM

To the original fool 1:11, and(probably same loser) at 1:20, 1:22 and 1:26

I am 6'1 and go to shows probably way more than you at all different venues. The sound at Terminal 5 is awful and yes I have been there recently. I can certainly understand how someone who goes to see crap like Ellie Goulding would not know the difference and probably does not care.

What's funny is not one person I know who writes about music or is heavily invested in music thinks T5 is any good.

So please dummy, go fuck yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:32 PM

^Hey ass-hole why not check a more unbias source then BV like yelp with hundreds of reviews...Oh whats that mostly 3, 4 and 5 star reviews...all must be employees. As far as seeing more concerts..I am seeing my 900th concert next month. I have seen probably 500 concerts alone in NYC over dozens of venues. BTW I was not at Ellie Goulding but have seen shows at T5 recently..sure it is not my favorite but it has improved substatially in the last few years. Still the blind hate is ignorant and repreating it for 3 years doesn't make it true. Loosen up and have fun.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:37 PM

1:32 don't you get bored posting the same bullshit in every t5 thread for the last 3 years. You must work for Live Nation or something?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:42 PM

^HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA, did someone actually just say you should tske the word of idiots on Yelp. You pathetic bonehead, you lost the argument right there.

And ooooh 900th concert and 500th in NYC alone. Moron, do you know where you are posting? Most of the people who comment on here laugh at that number. I see shows 5 times a week most of the time. You can't rate dipshit so don't even try.

It is not blind hate. It is a crappy venue and yes I would take the word of discerning music loving people who comment on here then some casual concert going Yelp commenter.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:43 PM

Yeah 1:42, it is all a big conspiracy of one person working for Live Nation.

You cracked the case Sherlock.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:45 PM

1:43 you're not to bright are you? 900 shows over how many years? Yep you don't know. Just like you don't know about sound.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:47 PM

1:43 learn to read...re-read..a more unbais group then BV..pretty clear.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:48 PM

1:43 quick what are the last 5 shows you saw and the next 5 coming up. I want to laugh!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:49 PM

setlist?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:51 PM

^Same moronic yutz posting over and over. F5 F5 F5. Must hit F5 and defend Terminal 5

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:51 PM

^Same moronic yutz posting over and over. F5 F5 F5. Must hit F5 and disparage Terminal 5

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:52 PM

Here is a simple solution for the moron 1:32 and 1:43. DON'T GO TO T5!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:54 PM

Also have to point out how lovely it is to see this dunce writing this "you're not to bright are you?"

Yes genius, to you I would obviously be considered not "too" bright.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:54 PM

^yes you're not too bright..

did someone actually just say you should "tske" the word of idiots on Yelp.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:55 PM

1:55, one is a typo(tske), the other is just an idiot who does not know the difference

Sorry keep trying.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:56 PM

Mine was typo too. Smarty pants

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:57 PM

Sure it was Sherlock. Keep cracking that case on the Terminal 5 hate conspiracy. It's all the work of one person. Just look at Yelp, lol.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:58 PM

Why people waste their energy on bashing or defending T5 is beyond me. Don't like it, don't go...like it, go! The bashers though annoy me more because why bother..what are you gaining from it? If you were at the show that is one thing but if you weren't why are you bashing?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 1:59 PM

1:58 who suggest Bowery Presents Employees are the only ones who like T5.. The irony, the irony!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:01 PM

Thing is it's not even bashers that hate on the place. Just do searches on here for people who like Terminal 5. It is almost never "sound was amazing" or "incredible venue" It is always oh it was fine and ok. Sound was good. Never anything that effusive.

Proof is in the pudding. No one and I mean no one can honestly say when they hear a band is playing there they get super excited. You may not hate that they are playing there but never are you happy and glad.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:04 PM

^proves the point it is an average venue...still better then Roseland in my mind. When I do go to T5 I stand against the rail in the balcony. Not crowded there and I don't mind it as much still it is a night of entertainment and better then lamenting I was at the show just because it is T5

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:06 PM

2:01 proof of that statement in this thread? Did not see anyone say it was only BP employees saying they liked the place.

You might be referring to this comment:

"People who say Terminal 5 is fine are clueless idiots or Bowery Presents employees"

Are you aware of what the word "or" means?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:06 PM

^Not in this one but you have posted that in dozens of other Terminal 5 threads...

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:08 PM

I am still waiting to hear the next 5 shows 1:43 is seeing. All these shows must be by the end of the month to see 5 shows a week.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:10 PM

I fucked Ellie Goulding

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:11 PM

^Go to sleep Sherlock. That brilliant investigation of yours has led you nowhere.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:12 PM

Wow some of you are sad. I'm pretty sure there was a fight in the middle of this thread over who goes to more shows...And who the hell knows that they've been to over 900 shows. Do you tick off a tally on your wall when you get home after every show?...if so find a better hobby.

My 2 cents on T5. It's not that the sound is terrible... It's just terribly laid out for the concerts they have there. It was a nightclub, and the layout is better suited to that. If you're smack in the middle of the floor the sound isn't bad at all(still not the best in NYC), but the fact is you're more than likely stuck under some overhang,stuck on a balcony, or stuck by the bars...I'd say a third of the people in the club have a pleasurable listening experience.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:18 PM

2:18. I have 3 binders which hold 300 tickets each 3rd one is almost full yeah that was difficult.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:20 PM

Not the same guy, although I'm sure the conspiracy gent would say different. Been to Terminal 5 recently and thought it was a bad overall time. I had a great spot also. Sound was not good. Something to think about though. Easier to believe that on a site dedicated to music there would be more than one person speaking out against a venue and more likely a couple of employees of that venue speaking so strongly in support. Why would so many people feel so strongly in defending a venue they claim is average? Other than having a stake in it? Just my two cents. Continue on.

Posted by Randy Culligan | January 23, 2013 2:22 PM

Why would employees waste there time defending a venue? Is your mind blown?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:23 PM

Ha ha...T5 employees generally roll their eyes when bands get on the stage. I am sure after working they are running over here to defend the venue on Brooklyn Vegan!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:24 PM

2:24, while you are laughing you might want to check out this thread to see how clueless you really are

Who do you think makes all the hummus and ipod etc jokes on here. BP employees have lots of time on their hands.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:28 PM

2:11...big deal, I fucked Elliot Gould.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:28 PM

2:28 It must be true if you heard that on the internet! Where did you hear that? The internet! Oh look my date is here he is a French model.

Uhh Bonjour!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:30 PM

"Why would employees waste there time defending a venue?"

Yeah why would the owners of some type of commercial venture feel the need to defend or promote it's value to their customers.

That never happens in business.

Wait what?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:30 PM

The employees own Bowery Presents? Wait What? The doorman, the bartender, the urnal attendent!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:31 PM

If youre going to 5 shows a week every week, you must listen to a LOT of shitty music.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:32 PM

2:30, nice to see you have ventured out from your conspiracy theory. Now it's that nothing said on the internet can be true. Excellent work. You are some kind of detective.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:33 PM

I AM NOT TIPPING THE URNIAL ATTENDENT ANYMORE! He is a part owner in Bowery Presents he doesn't need my $1

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:33 PM

Conspiracy guy is losing it

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:35 PM

^yeah what an idiot believing everyone who works at T5 is an owner in Bowery Presents and they wasting their time defending T5 on BV!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:37 PM

^Who said everyone who works at T5 is an owner in Bowery Presents?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:38 PM

^the same person who says that only Bowery Presents employees would defend T5. It was then asked why would employees of a company defend T5..Because they have a stake in the company..

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:41 PM

No conspiracy dope, a comment was simply said that owners will routinely defend their product. Never once was it said that the employees own the place. You in that heated idiocy of yours just took it a few steps further.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:48 PM

^Why don't you re-read genius

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:51 PM

2:48 here is 2:30's comment

"Why would employees waste there time defending a venue?"

That never happens in business.

Wait what?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:52 PM

^When you learn to read, I will be happy to re-read.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:53 PM

2:48 didn't do well on reading comprehension.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:53 PM

2:53 (1) ha ha its pretty damn clear. READ 2:30's comment again. SLLLLOOOOWLLLY!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:55 PM

Yes moron exactly. Way to fall into a trap. Never once in that comment does it say that the employees own the place.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:55 PM

I am waiting to see where it says the employees own the place

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:56 PM

^WOW YOU'RE STUPID

"Why would "employees" waste there time defending a venue?"

Yeah why would the "owners" of some type of commercial venture feel the need to defend or promote it's value to their customers.

That never happens in business.

Wait what?

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:56 PM

2:55 and 2:56 products of "no child left behind". Thanks Bush

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:58 PM

Yeah exactly, where does it say the employees are the owners? You just inferred that from that comment. Big difference stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 2:59 PM

Terminal 5 is the worst music venue in NYC.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:00 PM

I think this chick's music is pretty awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:01 PM

Just for the record, I made that original comment at 2:30. Just to elaborate for the idiot conspiracy maniac. I never said the owners and employees were one and the same. You asked why would an employee defend a venue. I simply was stating that it is not hard to believe that an owner would defend his product to his customers. I should have gone further to say it is not hard to believe that people who work for said owners would also defend the product considering they have a stake in it. That stake being a job and a paycheck.

Semantics yes but still true that it was never said specifically that the employees were owners.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:03 PM

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:06 PM

If anyone thinks that T5 is the worse venue in NYC then you never been to Roseland!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:07 PM

"3:03 Thanks for clearing it up that it was correct to assume that T5 employees are owners although not what you meant. "

In your insane moronic mind I guess anything is possible.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:10 PM

^wow you don't even understand what you wrote...it scares me if you vote.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:17 PM

Smoking gun

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:17 PM

she dates the retard skrillex, has gotten fake boobs, and is lying about it being live, or "everything is like live now".

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:24 PM

"Smoking gun"

ROFL, yeah Sherlock. Still on the case. Keep working on it. Fucking pathetic tool.

Nighty night sweet prince.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:27 PM

how bout this... you're both idiots. not STFU

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:29 PM

"you're both idiots. not STFU"

Takes one to know one "NOW", doesn't it.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 3:33 PM

I took those leather shorts off with me teeth. I gave her a banger in the mouth.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 4:06 PM

RON PAUL 2016!!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2013 4:28 PM

The first balcony wasn't crowded and the sound wasn't bad, but the energy was pretty flat tonight.

Posted by medafile | April 14, 2013 9:47 PM

Whatever her personal life is it's none of our business. She's great at what she does. That should be all that matters.

Posted by mike | May 3, 2013 12:10 PM

Ellie is just great.

Posted by catering winnipeg | June 30, 2013 3:24 PM

It is a superb blog and really interesting and gratifying to study.I'm a giant of the subject matter discussed. Besides I relish browsing the feed-back, although realize folks might stay on the subject matter might increase the value of the initial post. I would also encourage everybody to book mark this article to your favorite service to help spread your message.

Posted by Doria | July 27, 2013 12:48 AM

One of the most talented female voices out there. If you want to hear the dopest remix of BURN.

Posted by Kingsley | September 14, 2014 4:35 PM