Posted in music | tour dates on January 10, 2013

Cave

Tickets to the just-added third Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds show at Beacon Theatre (March 30) with Sharon Van Etten go on pre-sale today at noon. Password for the presale is "CAVE."

In other news, Nick Cave will be interviewed live this morning on BBC 6music's Radcliffe & Maconie show at 10 AM EST (3 PM UK time).

That was B.S.
Tix gone in 60 seconds.

Posted by Smack | January 10, 2013 9:06 AM

I will never understand the allure of this guy. I find his music unlistenable, particularly the Grinderman stuff.

What's the deal? Serious question.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 9:36 AM

9:36 - Unlistenable? I could understand not your taste but that is a ridiculous statement.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 9:41 AM

9:36 is a huge John Tesh fan

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 9:42 AM

as of right now 10:02 there are at least 4 tickets on the website presale.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 10:02 AM

this is 9:36 again. i stand corrected, i just checked a couple tunes and i think i must have him confused with someone else. it is not my style, but unlistenable is def not a label i would put on it. i stand by my grinderman statement, though. that shit sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 10:13 AM

10:13 - Wrong again, my eunuch friend. Grinderman rules!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 10:37 AM

sold out already?

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 12:05 PM

It's not sold out stupid. Neither are the first 2. Do you people actually not know how this works. There were be plentiful amounts of great seats available come the week of the show. For less than face. Just be patient.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 12:13 PM

Just pulled a single row A in the Loge.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 1:05 PM

1213 So people are "stupid" for wanting tix in advance? Not everyone likes playing the game of dealing with craigslist. The 1st 2 shows ARE sold out and Sat will be as well.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 1:08 PM

1:08,
No i can assure you that the first 2 shows are not sold out. That is the game here. They say sold out so they can create demand and add another show. Nick Cave has just about never sold out any shows he has played here both with the Bad Seeds and Grinderman.

People are not stupid cause they want tix in advance. they are stupid cause they don't really know what is up and believe the bullshit these promoters give you. So they end up taking the shit seat tickets in advance.

The smart people will be the ones who know better and wait. You won't have to deal with craigslist or SH. There will be plenty of great seat tickets "suddenly" available on Ticketmaster close to the show date. And if you want to pay less than face for a ticket, then you can go to the secondary market where there will be more than enough to choose from. Now that there are 3 shows. Demand will be way less than supply

But hey, you go get your ticket now and enjoy your crap seat. I will wave to you from the front orchestra the night of the show where I paid less than you did.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 1:29 PM

129pm is correct. Just look at what happened to LCD's final show. Remember we're releasing 1000 extra tickets the week of!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 1:42 PM

129 I don't ever sit in crap seats. I got 1st row loge 30 min ago. I know for a fact the 1st 2 shows are really sold out. You are just speculating. Yes, tix do pop up for many shows but for this guy I'm not willing to take a chance. But not knowing the ropes does not make one stupid, just naive.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 1:43 PM

^ I once had row BBB at Radio City and although I was really close the stage there was a tear in the fabric and the spring was exposed thus I had a great seat and a crap seat at the same time...can't win!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 2:07 PM

1:42 thank you for proving my comment at 1:29. You are of course the idiot's I speak of who don't know the game. The LCD show and these are 2 completely different things.

1:43 thank you for also proving my comment about being clueless. If you had any idea of what you were talking about you would know that loge(yes even 1st row) at Beacon SUCKS!. It does not sound good up there. The best area in the Beacon is the first 5 or 6 rows. For sound and views

You know nothing you twerp. The first 2 shows are not sold out but keep telling us your facts. Also, again, Nick Cave has never sold out any shows he has played here either with the Bad Seeds or Grinderman. Never and most of the times that was with just 1 show. This is 3.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 2:18 PM

Will this fucking know it all please shut the fuck up. Grinderman was sold out. Theater at MSG was sold out. Terminal 5 was sold out. Get a life and stop writing essays about how smart you are.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 2:28 PM

You are absolutely wrong 2:28.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 2:31 PM

Agreed with 2:35. Cave shows here are never sold out. Always tickets available. Theater at MSG show i bought 2 tickets at the box office the night of the show. Grinderman shows were at no point ever sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 2:38 PM

Agreed with 2:31 I meant.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 2:39 PM

I agree with 2:07 I sat in that seat once

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 2:43 PM

At seated venues, I often get lucky with finding 1 seat the day of the show. I ended up second row center for Spiritualized at Radio City. I bought the ticket at the box office about an hour before the show. I wouldn't rely on this method, but it's good to keep in mind for bands that you aren't completely invested in.

Posted by Half Chemical | January 10, 2013 2:48 PM

Grinderman was definitely sold out. I saw a number of people go up to the box office that night and be turned away because it was sold out. I know, because I was able to sell my extra ticket to one of those people.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 3:00 PM

Grinderman was so not sold out. You are just lying 3pm.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 3:06 PM

3:06 - you clearly didn't try to get tickets at the door. It was sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 3:54 PM

No show has ever sold out. Sold out shouldn't even be a word.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 3:58 PM

It's not, it's two.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 4:05 PM

3:54-I clearly did not need to try to get tickets at the door as I already had them. Not only did i see people buying them at the box office but also remember quite vividly the scene of people outside trying to sell their extras and not having many takers. I remember my friend and i talking about how we could not believe Grinderman could not be sold out.

So seriously stop the fucking bullshit. It was not sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 4:14 PM

It was sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 4:18 PM

Grinderman was sold out. I know the guy who ran the box office at the time.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 4:19 PM

Brit guy here. Just want to say I love Nick Cave and will be coming to NYC for the show.
Don't want to venture into this mess but for what it's worth. I came to NYC for the Grinderman show and was able to purchase tickets at the box office on the day of the show in the afternoon. Hope that helps.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 4:25 PM

Idiot 4:19, you should have just gone the whole way and said you are Nick Cave's manager. It would have been as believable as all the other bullshit you spout.

You can even do a search on here for the Grinderman posts about that show and see people commenting how the show was not sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 4:29 PM

A Grinderman show is not going to draw like a Bad Seeds show. Same guys but a lot of his fans not into Grinderman. They were good but not at all like a Bad Seeds show.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 4:49 PM

4:29 - in the review on this site the third picture down is of the marquee with the words SOLD OUT scrawled across it.

So there you go. It was sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2013 6:17 PM

I find it odd that TM would consider the Thursday & Friday shows sold out if they could easily charge their insane fees to people willing to pay for it. I guess they are just being nice and allowing those that want to avoid their fees the change to purchase from the box office without. Right!

By the way, you won't be waving to me from your front row seat bought from the box office on day of, as those were sold from the NC site direct. So I guess I will be waving to you as I walk in the venue and you are starring at the Sold Out sign in the box office window.

Posted by guest | January 10, 2013 6:21 PM

just 60 seconds that's crazy.

Posted by catering winnipeg | June 30, 2013 9:12 PM

Nick Cave - perfect on beginning of the week.

Posted by Spriggs | September 11, 2014 12:24 PM