Posted in comedy on January 9, 2013

Paul F Tompkins

Comedian Paul F. Tompkins is taking his "Thrilling Adventure Hour" on tour this year and will bring it to NYC on May 11 at The Bell House for two shows (early and late) with Paget Brewster, John Hodgman (who named Paul's "Laboring Under Delusions Live in Brooklyn" one of his favorite things of 2012), James Urbaniak, and Marc Evan Jackson. Tickets for both shows are on sale now.

A list of all dates and a video below...

Adam Fisher interviews Paul F Tompkins as the Cake Boss

1 JUNE 2013 LOS ANGELES CA*
10 AUGUST 2013 LOS ANGELES CA*
* - Thrilling Adventure Hour show
More details on each show at Paul F. Tompkins' blog

FINALLY!

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 2:08 PM

Can somebody who's seen him recently tell me if PFT has officially crossed over into the "hipster comics" category now? Because I sure get the feeling that that is the case.

Also, Paget Brewster? I only know her from the character that Andy Richter had a crush on on his ARCTU show.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 2:16 PM

he's been a part of the alt-comedy scene since the early '90s...

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 2:18 PM

Paul F Tompkins ... what a square

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 2:27 PM

If he includes Juggalo-bashing into his arsenal, I'm so there. His guest appearance in the Gathering of the Juggalos episode along with Tom Scharpling is a milestone in comedy gold.

Posted by Beerjerk | January 9, 2013 2:58 PM

without scharpling, he is nothing

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 3:17 PM

he's cute

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 3:37 PM

Hmm. Weird responses.

He's been churning out great material for years. He doesn't tour the comedy circuit like most comics do - he's able to make a solid living doing collaborations like this or hosting his own monthly show. He has also appeared on just about every comedy podcast under the sun.

He was great when he worked with Scharpling, but those days are probably done - they had a big falling out about a year ago. I wish they'd patch it up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't really know what a "hipster comic" is, but Paul has his own style and his material doesn't really sound like anyone else. I think of him less like a comedian and more like an old time vaudevillian - he's a real entertainer, and is good at many things, not just the jokes.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 3:38 PM

Dude might dress a little questionably these days, but he's as funny as he ever was, and it's rare to see him in NYC so I'm very excited for this.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2013 3:53 PM

the mustache is the best.

Posted by catering winnipeg | June 30, 2013 9:20 PM