Posted in music | tour dates on February 11, 2013

by Bill Pearis

Foals @ T5, 5/4/2012 (more by Kurt Christensen)
Foals

As mentioned previously, Foals' new album, Holy Fire, is out tomorrow (2/12) and is a confident follow-up to 2010's Total Life Forever. Did you catch the online listening party the band hosted ont their website last Thursday?

Foals were already revealed as being part of the 2013 Coachella Festival but have just announced a full North American tour, including a stop in NYC at Terminal 5 on May 3 which is almost exactly two years to the day the band last played that venue. The show is with Blondfire and Surfer Blood and tickets to that show go on sale Friday (2/15) at noon.

Over the weekend, someone took the music video for The Village People's 1985 single, "Sex Over the Phone," and set it to Foal's "My Number" and the results are kind of great. That video and a list of all tour dates, are below.

Foals - "Inhaler"

love foals but F UCK SURFER BLOOD

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Great album, horrible venue

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:01 PM

saw this coming!

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:05 PM

people should yell "woman beater" at every surfer blood show from now on. just saying. foals on the other hand kick ass.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:07 PM

Right on 2:01 but not to worry. Foals always manage to throw in a small show when they come through town so expect that at some point.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:12 PM

Foals at MHOW was awesome!

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:16 PM

Bummer, guess I won't be seeing Foals.

Fuck T5.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:32 PM

^That is a silly reason..T5 is not as bad as you folks make it out to be.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:34 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:37 PM

2:34, yes, it is.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:47 PM

^Just curious what the last show you saw there is?

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:51 PM

hay em for horses

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:51 PM

"^That is a silly reason..T5 is not as bad as you folks make it out to be"

"^Just curious what the last show you saw there is?"

I am not either 2:32 or 2:47 but actually it is a perfectly good reason to not go see Foals. I have been to T5 recently and both times had free tickets so I lost nothing on the deal. Saw The Vaccines and Cat Power both in January. Sound was god awful as usual. No dynamics at all and after 30 minutes it becomes grating.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:57 PM

Fuck this. Man or Astro Man! is playing the Mercury & BK Bowl in June!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 2:57 PM

2:57..Cat Power that explains it..every review I see of Cat Power is that her shows are very uneven.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:03 PM

^Conveniently left out the other show. Wish i could blame it on the artist but no it's the venue. It sucks

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:07 PM

The soundman makes or breaks T5...seen several shows there..a few had good sound...The louder shows tend to get garbled.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:07 PM

3:07 I am not familiar with the Thermals so I didn't comment. I have seen a handful of shows with excellent sounds at T5..I also seen a handful of bad sounding shows at T5...Soundman makes a difference...Also don't stand by the bar or under the overhang.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:10 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:11 PM

^as a continuation...I am a big Foals fan so I will take the gamble with the T5 show...to raise my odds of a good time at the show I will get there early and get a good spot. If it is jarbled I will use my ear plugs..a good set of earplugs can take the edge off.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:12 PM

Site lines are not the greatest I agree but anytime I got to the show right before the opener I secured a good spot with decent sightlines...it is a pain I hear ya but not enough reason not to go to the show in my opinion

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:13 PM

It's odd that they are playing Seattle the same day as Sasquatch. I wonder why they aren't playing that festival?

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:16 PM

3:10, if you are responding to my answer at 2:57 then you have to stop smoking crack. I said The Vaccines not The Thermals.

The sound issue at Terminal 5 has nothing to do with the sound guy. That is a joke. The place was not built for concerts. It is a giant tin box. A very good sound guy can make it seem passable at best. There is no such thing as a sweet spot there or the idea that any show there had excellent sound. If you think the sound there at any time is excellent, then you are a clueless idiot and should never ever be making comments judging sound at a venue.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:23 PM

I think the issue is more so a wax build up in your ears! If you think t5 sounds bad all the time maybe it's the bands that you like suck live? Yeah that's the issue!

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 4:50 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 4:54 PM

saw this coming

Posted by Subaru BRZ | February 11, 2013 5:05 PM

i passed on Tame Impala because of that place - guess i'm gonna pass on Foals too - they need to shut that place down; unless you get there when doors open, its useless trying to enjoy a show there

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 5:15 PM

"in addition to the inconsistent sound, the sight lines are TERRIBLE. that is actually more a gripe for me than anything. unless you're willing to fight your way in or get there mad early, you're fucked and relegated to the fringe, which is just an awful experience and a complete waste."

I've never had a problem, even when I show up right before the headliner. I usually just head over to the back/middle of the floor. Are you one of those dipshits that gets stuck near the side-bar or the back of the 2nd balcony?

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 5:31 PM

"3:23 aren't you tired of posting the same blah blah t5 sucks for the last 5 years?"

Oh of course, the t5 hating is all the work of just one person. What an intelligent guy you seem to be. Maybe you should get together with the other rhodes scholar who think's it is just wax buildup in the ears. What a think tank you 2 would form.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 10:10 PM

It's not like there's a BV commenter conspiracy against T5. What's really odd is that Bowery has other really decent venues where the sound is good and the viewer experience is most always positive. But it's the space that "fits" the right number of people, and they've put a lot of money into it and there you go.

But bands have to know that a lot of people hate that space.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 10:55 PM

boo hoo lets whine about terminal 5 every single fucknig time a band plays there holy fuck just shut up

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 10:57 PM

I fucking hate T5, someone please burn it down already. Is it really that difficult?

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 11:20 PM

10:10 hey retard..it is the same guy who says exactly the same thing every time...everyone else doesn't hammer on the same point each and every time. Once and a while you get someone with a brain who post constructive critisism. Not BLAH BLAH BLAH I didn't go to the show but T5 sucks. BLAH BLAH I once went 5 years years ago and the sound sucks because I am a retard and got there when the headliner was on and stood by the bar...blah blah t5 sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 8:23 AM

So BV people, what venue of the same size would you rather see Foals in?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 8:25 AM

^Wellmont..this way I don't have to listen to the whiney I hate T5 guy when the discussion is about the Foals

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 8:31 AM

It's just Foals, not 'the' Foals :)

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 9:42 AM

I would love to see Foals at the Masonic Temple.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 9:43 AM

^Really? I saw two or three shows at the Temple..the sound is uneven there and it is more of a pain to get to then T5 in my opnion.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 9:48 AM

I would take a show at Webster Hall, Best Buy, Hammerstein, or even fucking Roseland before I would go to T5.

All you schmucks who call the detractors (of whom there are MANY, not just one dude) idiots or stupid or deaf or whateverthefuck, you must either work for bowery presents or be complete mongoloids.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 9:57 AM

^most retarded thing I ever heard. Yes if you like T5 you MUST work for Bowery Presents...wow embarrasing. Sound like a 5 year old.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 10:01 AM

Terminal 5 has that decent smoke deck upstairs... But I still smoke ciggs right on the floor, and i live it when somebody tells me to put it out. I usually just blow smoke on their scarf.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 10:02 AM

I like T5 here is why
1) Ticket prices reasonable
2) Things are almost ALWAYS on time
3) Can score a seat and sit against the rail in balcony if you are early
4) Lot of bathrooms
5) Although smokey they have an outdoor bar
6) If I chose to drive there is a ton of parking.
7) Stage is high up

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 10:05 AM

there's no accounting for taste, clearly.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 10:08 AM

^Ok...tell me wise one

what don't you agree with? Point by point

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 10:09 AM

1005am
1) You would only say this if you only go to T5 shows. Most good shows are under T5 prices
2) umm unless you go to Todd P shows, things are always on time usually.
3) If you are early....yea good luck with that.
4) Ok they have clean bathrooms I'll give you that
5) Outdoor bars? Who cares if it's cold outside!
6) You must be living in NJ or LI if you have to drive.
7) Yea stages are supposed to be set up high so you can see. Duh!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 11:08 AM

T5 is the ideal bridge and tunnel venue, particularly for Westchester, NJ and LI folk.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 11:20 AM

11:08...similar bands at

1)Hammerstein and Roseland are way more expensive
2)ha ha funny guy
3)Why good luck with that? What is so hard?
4)ok
5) It is best not having to stand outside to smoke and come back in
6) umm yeah no one in Staten Island or Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx or Queens owns a car
7)Bowery has a low stage so does MHOW

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 11:32 AM

11:32 I agree! Well stated and points made...refreshing.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 11:54 AM

at least we can all agree that T5 sucks

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:06 PM

at least we can agree that T5 is average. What sucks is the repeat singular poster in EVERY SINGLE T5 thread! Stop wasting everyones time and stop whining!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:12 PM

12:12 A-MEN!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:18 PM

Loving the dipshit this morning posting over and over railing against what they think is 1 person disparaging T5. Apparently irony is a word lost on this jagoff.

Also, very telling that in their list of why they like the place, there is not one mention of sound. That in a nutshell exemplifies why the place sucks and why 11:20 nailed it with their comment about who frequents the place

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:36 PM

^the only way you try and get your point across is in name calling. Proves you have no valid points. That in a nutshell proves that you are the same moron who writes the same thing in every single T5 post. That in a nutshell proves you are uneducated.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:41 PM

12:36 isn't very bright. I understand the previous point being made. It is elementary. There is ONE person who writes the same thing over and over...blah blah T5 sucks..but never does this person admit they have recently attended a show there or where they were standing. Ocassionally there are others who join the conversation who also dislike T5...fine no big deal. They use valid points why they didn't like T5 and don't resort to name calling because they are respectful and want to have dialog...GET IT YET?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:44 PM

BV Once and for all we need to stop the ANON BS! This way we can clearly prove how many people dislike Terminal 5..I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised!

Posted by T6 | February 12, 2013 12:45 PM

^dumb as fuck right there but keep hitting F5 dude and claiming the haters are all one person. Oh wait now it's occasionally more than one person. SMH, you have to realize what a stupid person you are.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:46 PM

^RETARD RE READ PREVIOUS COMMENTS! You look so stupid right now!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:48 PM

Also 12:41/12:44()and all your other postings) it's pretty clear in your rage that you don't actually read the comments fully. You say this "but never does this person admit they have recently attended a show there" yet the person that you originally claimed yesterday was this phantom one person listed 2 recent shows they went to there.

Try again bub, it's not working.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:49 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 8:23 AM

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:50 PM

"^RETARD RE READ PREVIOUS COMMENTS! You look so stupid right now!"

Sayeth the donkey

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:51 PM

12:49...RE READ RETARD (RECENT SHOW AND WHERE THEY WERE STANDING)...Do you know what OR means? Gosh 5 year olds!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:51 PM

12:51 sayeth..says the...retard!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:52 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:53 PM

MUST HATE T5 Can't F5 quick enough... T5 SUCK T5 sucks!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:54 PM

"One thing is for sure..in all this guys rage he clutters threads. ENOUGH you are getting so tiresome we get it you hate T5..blah blah...zzzzzz"

says the guy who has posted 20 times or so in the last 2 hours raging against this supposed 1 person.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:56 PM

12:56 oh the irnoy! You reply in 3 minutes tops every time...why do you have to say the same thing every three minutes? You work for Live Nation and T5 is a threat?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:57 PM

^I think you meant "irony" but i understand in your rage and refresh panic how you could make those errors

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:59 PM

^I understand you can't address a point...Big whoop...Irony you understod i assume?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:00 PM

BTW it was 2 minutes..now address the questions.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:01 PM

I heard a rumor that Bowery Presents is openIng a new place, and it's gonna be called Terminal 8oz.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:14 PM

Holy fucking shit, if you don't like T5 just don't go to the damn show. If you don't care and like Foals, go.

Jesus Christ...

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:30 PM

T5 is ok, but you have to find the sweet spot.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:44 PM

this is awesome. i have posted in this thread about why i can't stand T5 and don't go there, and i am not alone, apparently.

some of you are a little slow on the uptake, but it's amusing to see you get your panties in a bunch when this "1 person" claims they don't like T5. as you were...

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:57 PM

^wow people learn to read and comprehend. I never said one person. I said one person always says the same thing and others with a brain use logic to argue their point instead of mindless dribble.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:02 PM

2:02,

would you please just stfu already? you're wrong and you sound like a putz.

btw, the word you were going for is "drivel." dribble is what one does with a basketball.

you might want to check yourself before throwing terms like mindless at people.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:10 PM

2:10 HELLO MCFLY! You are trying to tell me what I was saying... never addressing facts just name calling.

WHY DON'T YOU CHECK YOURSELF..

Check out Noun Pt 2...

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:18 PM

2:10 really..use google or yahoo before you make yourself look dumber then a box of rocks!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:20 PM

-One person saying the same thing. Then the others using logic

-You people can't read and comprehend

-Answer my questions dammit

-Irony irony Retard retard

-Mindless dribble

Grrrr I am angry

Posted by I Love Terminal 5 | February 12, 2013 2:24 PM

2:10 has been a dumbass all thread long. Find another topic because clearly you are out of your leauge junior. Btw it is apparent you have never been to T5 because you need to be 16+ to enter for most shows.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:24 PM

Who said they love T5..one guy above said it was average...what freaks here!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:26 PM

"clearly you are out of your leauge junior"

Where is this "leauge" you speak of angry guy?
Is it anything like a league?

Posted by I Love Terminal 5 | February 12, 2013 2:27 PM

2:27 (1) STILL Can't answer any questions? Doesn't know definitions, can't understand logic.

I will admit I made two typos..have a nice day

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:29 PM

Answer my questions. No one answers my questions!!!!!!!! Logic Logic Retard Retard

Grrrrr i'm angry

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:31 PM

^thanks for showing everyone how retarded you can be. Case closed.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:32 PM

"mindless dribble" bwhahahah.....

and you two should probably meet up and fight.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:35 PM

N 2

dribble
The Oxford Pocket Dictionary of Current English | 2009 | © The Oxford Pocket Dictionary of Current English 2009, originally published by Oxford University Press 2009. (Hide copyright information) Copyright
drib·ble / ˈdribəl/
• n. 1. a thin stream of liquid; a trickle: a dribble of blood.
∎ saliva running from the mouth.
2. fig. foolish talk or ideas; nonsense: don't believe a word of that dribble.
3. (in soccer, hockey, and basketball) an act or instance of taking the ball forward with repeated slight touches or bounces.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:39 PM

Too many times of your comments to list 2:39 but you cannot possibly have a job.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:42 PM

2:42 I do thank you...since you are so smart tell me what hours I work.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:43 PM

^See why it is so easy to believe this dolt works for Bowery. Makes total sense him sitting in his office raging against the T5 hate.

It's either a BP person or an out of work imbicile.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:44 PM

^I'm going with hlaf-tard who lives at his parent's house. Like that Like that Lanza kid in CT.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:45 PM

seacrest out.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:46 PM

The mental health of people like 2:44 scares me the most get help!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Ryan Seacrest has more brains than this prized specimen

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:48 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:49 PM

So what does everyone think of the new Foals album?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:49 PM

2:48 Secrest is worth couple hundred million...he is not stupid..maybe insipid but not stupid

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:50 PM

F5 F5 T5 Sucks...grr getting angry...

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:51 PM

Yes Seacrest is a genius. That sounds about right

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:52 PM

^Seems to be the type of logic that would come from someone who likes T5

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:52 PM

2:52 (1) how much you worth $22? Secrest is a marketing genius

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:54 PM

"HA HA HA 2:44 Works for Live Nation1 Thaks for confirming! So T5 is a threat and you need to bash every thread! Oh nos! Well keep on bashing."

"F5 F5 T5 Sucks...grr getting angry..."

Dude seriously, forget being an idiot, which you are, but you have now descended into lunacy.

Also, love the whole "I know you are but what am I" thing you got going on now. Just keep taking what people say about you and copy it back. Good work Real ingenuity

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:55 PM

T5 sucks T5 Sucks

Posted by F5 F5 F5 F5 | February 12, 2013 2:56 PM

Secrest's dingleberries > T5

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:56 PM

2:55 another who can't read..sad

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:57 PM

T5 sucks!

Posted by I work for Live Nation | February 12, 2013 2:59 PM

t5 blows, even the sweet spot

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:59 PM

I got to admit I used to think T5 was the worst until I went to Roseland and more recently Hammerstein! Now I say T5>Hammerstein>Roseland

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:00 PM

Sad Sad!!! You guys are so sad!!

You can't read or comprehend!!

Answer my questions!!!!!!

Seacrest is a genius!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:00 PM

^lunacy

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:01 PM

3:00 just repreats back everything in a I know you are but what am I!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:03 PM

T5 is the worst. You know it and so do I.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:03 PM

"3:00 just repreats back everything in a I know you are but what am I!"

Slow down dingbat. You keep "repreating" typing errors in all that anger and refreshing.

Were you the kid in elementary and junior high who used to annoy people with the "repeating everything they said" game

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:05 PM

^doesn't notice the irony..oh what fun.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:06 PM

Roseland is worse...much worse!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:07 PM

is this real life? wtf is happening here?

the new record is great, but i won't be at this show. praying for another small show announcement elsewhere.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:10 PM

I hope every show is at T5 so I don't need to stand near the T5 hater. He must be a blast at a party!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:11 PM

3:07 I agree. Roseland gets so oversold! Holy crap!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:13 PM

I wouldn't piss on T5 if it was on fire.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:14 PM

^I wouldn't either and I think the place is average...wouldn't want to burn my balls.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 3:15 PM

Sorry troll haters, many people do not like T5. Bad sound, bad sight lines, bad security, bad location, what is to like?

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2013 12:41 PM

I've always found Foals' videos terrible. I never got what is the point in them. I like their music but their videos... are just... what?

Posted by Merino | September 16, 2014 12:24 PM