Posted in music | tour dates on February 15, 2013

by Bill Pearis

Frances Cole

Raised in South Carolina and now living here in Brooklyn, Frances Cone will release her debut album next week. While within the singer-songwriter mise-en-scène, Cone's got a distinctive voice and way with melody and her recordings have an smart, understated charm. You can stream a couple tracks from the album below, and single "Come Back" is quite nice.

Frances has a a few shows coming up, playing NYC at Rockwood Music Hall on February 28. She'll then head to Austin for SXSW with the rest of the music industry and afterwards she'll be back in NYC for show will then be at Cameo Gallery on April 4 and advance tickets are on sale now.

Frances Cole - 2013 Tour Dates
2.28.2013- Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 2- 9pm
3.12-17.2013- SXSW- Austin, TX
4.04.2013 - Cameo Gallery, Brooklyn, NY

Tags: Frances Cone

Trollbait-iest trollbait we've ever seen?

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 4:12 PM

Oh, you did NOT just write that.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 4:16 PM

I'm just saying she's beautiful - like Mila Kunis beautiful. That's trollbait for BV.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 4:27 PM

Where do these "artists" come from? How do they go from starting to make music publicized 6 months ago and then get steady gigs, hype and BV posts advertising them? Apple commercial next? As if no other girl before sang softly to homogenized music and played piano. I don't get it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 4:32 PM

^ see? there it is.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 4:34 PM

Ah, now I understand. I understand all too well.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 4:40 PM

^Ah! I Understand you've never worked hard for anything and probably don't live in Brooklyn. Guy band, girl, same scenario, same opinion regardless. No trolls, just a bunch of defensive knight-ish boners and an honest opinion. I understand, but don't care.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 9:30 PM

She is so beautiful, I would love to fill her up with my cupcakes.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 10:55 PM

I don't get it.

Posted by MSA | February 16, 2013 5:22 AM

explain your url to me and I will explain everything to you.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 6:31 AM

I hope 9:30 has come down from his trip last night and is now sleeping comfortably.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 8:04 AM

I hope 9:30 has slept off his acid trip.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 8:43 AM

Wow how brave you are when you post anonymous comments? Great job angry 20 somethings really the future is looking bright with you leading in your incredibly entitled way! The truth is you are jealous and that is why you spout off like this. Only someone with a very large lack of self confidence needs to go on the internet and talk shit about someone they don't know and some song they barely listened to. So here the other side of that. Do you have any idea how difficult/impossible it is to make it in the music business these days? I doubt any of you cowards would have half the balls that she does to put herself and the music she makes out there, and actually have it paid attention to! As for advertising, guess what? That's the only way bands can make any money these days thanks to entitled little turds like you that say "records should be free". Guess what? Recording, Mixing, Mastering, printing and distribution are not free at all! But still the $10 which is less than an appetizer is just out of your entitled little price range isn't it?. This is good music by the way, it might confuse you to hear an actually song rather than just a bunch of video game noises to a drum machine but I suggest you give it another listen.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 3:23 PM

Hey, easy, easy, I liked it! Honest, I did!

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 4:11 PM

WOAH THIS SHIT SUCKS

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 5:30 PM

Posted by cartoon network arabic | February 16, 2013 7:45 PM

i P o d s

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 7:54 PM

3:23 is going on the clipboard for sure
get on that cartoon network arab!

Posted by driveller | February 17, 2013 3:56 AM

Posted by cartoon network arabic | February 17, 2013 5:06 AM

God I wish this was really you
I bet I'm not alone
now do some like me where I scrape crazy political stuff for the url and put something trite and tangential in my comment
or just leave it to the bots
my work here is done

Posted by driveller | February 17, 2013 6:56 AM

but the dan deacon page, it must have a cleverbot embedded on it or aimed at it. Not for a real spammer, but one that reads robots.txt into its methods, or something like that. Not that I know anything about that stuff, but read that page closely and see how wrong I am.

Posted by driveller | February 17, 2013 8:00 AM

I saw Frances Cone play at Joe's Pub in January and it was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. She is amazing.

Posted by Sarah | February 17, 2013 3:48 PM

I dig this

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2013 3:55 PM

Come Back is a pretty perfect pop song

Posted by Matt | February 18, 2013 7:58 PM

really like this

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 10:07 AM

I just love this so much. Makes you feel something. Something good. And wonderful.

Posted by Scotty | February 20, 2013 11:25 AM

I really like the cover.

Posted by catering winnipeg | June 28, 2013 3:49 PM