Posted in music | pictures on February 11, 2013

photos by Jessica Amaya

Hospitality / Ex Cops @ Kidrockers, 2/10/2013
Ex-Cops

Braving the slush, families headed to Brooklyn Bowl on Sunday (2/10) for Kidrockers featuring Hospitality and Ex Cops. As you can see, fans rushed the stage during Hospilaty's set, which is okay as it was encouraged. Hosts Seth Herzog and Craig Baldo kept the kids entertained between sets.

Hospitality don't have any other upcoming dates, but Ex Cops are playing an early show on Friday (2/15) at Mercury Lounge with Ski Lodge (tickets) and, after SXSW, will head out on tour with Bleached, including an NYC stop at Bowery Ballroom on April 23. Tickets are still available.

More pictures from Sunday's Kidrockers show are below.

Why?

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:24 PM

^ why not??

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 3:56 PM

This is adorable

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 4:08 PM

Seriously, why?

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 4:46 PM

This is a good example of how shitty and vacant Williamsburg has become.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 5:22 PM

Kids and their parents having a Sunday together listening to music, is an example of Williamsburg being shitty and vacant?

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 5:28 PM

no, hospitality is an example of shitty and vacant. ex-cops, not so bad.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 5:37 PM

^ Couldn't you just not be into the band without being a dick?

Both bands are good IMHO btw.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 6:13 PM

God I fucking hate parents. So I'm not the previous poster but yes a family kids show for cunt parents is indeed a bad sign for Williamsburg. We're gonna have to get stabbings & muggings way up or this place is gonna be like Park Slope by 2016.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 7:11 PM

I am a parent, and I have no interest in having my elementary school aged kid at a concert with me, or any band I like playing a concert for elementary school aged kids. I just don't get it. I know there's a certain type of parent who likes to show off how hip their kids are, but, trust me, the kids are just as happy going to the park or listening to the Beatles at home. Don't get me wrong. There's a time and a place for everything. Outdoor family friendly music festival in the summer. By all means, bring the kids. Indie rock concert in Williamsburg? Seems like it's all about the parents showing off. That's just one person's opinion though. I could very well be wrong about this.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 9:10 PM

These kids are going to buy some therapist a boat one day.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 9:49 PM

everyone who hates the parents here is right.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 10:19 PM

Those kids look so pretentious.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 10:39 PM

Yer, all a bunch of wusses. All Anonymous. Hiding behind your iPads scared to stand behind your comments. I was at a couple of these concerts with my two kids, 3 years old and 9 months and wife. We ALL had a blast. Good music, lower volumes so it didn't thrash the kids ears and beers on a Sunday afternoon. If that's showing off - guilty. Do parents have to be sitting in Chucky Cheese listening to Barney and planning our suicides in order to satisfy those of you who are offended by the site of kids AND parents having fun?

Posted by Daniel Meyer | February 11, 2013 10:45 PM

You are awesome Mr. Meyer.

Posted by Kelly Hands | February 11, 2013 10:51 PM

I was at this show and those kids on the photos, particulalrly the two 7year old girls holding hands were SUCH posers!! And that baby touching ex cops bass, what a hipster!! "uuuuuh look at me playing a FENdER!!" loser!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2013 11:33 PM

@9:10 So glad you are around to tell everyone how it is and how it should be. You so hit it on the nail. "Showing off." That must be it. Leave your name/email/cell so we can check with you next time someone decides to try to have fun-sorry, show off.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 8:39 AM

Who would have thought that what I did on a Sunday morning with my kids would inspire such passionate responses all around? It's flattering you all think of me and my family so much. Thank you!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 9:22 AM

Children of the corn. The drug dealers of tomorrow are grateful for this twee ass parenting.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 9:32 AM

Can we all agree it isn't very rock n roll for a band to play a show for 7 year olds and their parents on a Sunday morning?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 10:01 AM

I wonder if Tom suplexed any of those little hipsters in training.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 10:08 AM

Parents and kids enjoying music together - what the fuck!?!

"We're gonna have to get stabbings & muggings way up or this place is gonna be like Park Slope by 2016."

I still like Williamsburg, but I'll take a low-key Park Slope bar over a room full of slumming investment bankers, bridge-and-tunnel douches, and weak-ass 4th-generation hipsters any day.

Posted by Dadam | February 12, 2013 10:47 AM

I guess you are suppose to just die when you hit your early thirties and decide to have kids. No fun for you!! And if you do decide to have fun you will be judged to the fullest extent by a bunch of "slumming investment bankers, bridge-and-tunnel douches, and weak-ass 4th-generation hipsters" and let me add my own, trust fund babies. They are the only ones that matter anyway. Fucking losers.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 11:42 AM

No 11:42, you are not supposed to die when you hit your early thirties and decide to have kids, you are simply supposed to arrange for a babysitter when you want to go out and rock, and, for goodness sake, not take your kids to a Sunday brunch rock show!

Interesting you chose early thirties as the time for deciding to have kids. You know it can even be done before and/or after the early thirties, but your personal angst is showing here a bit too much perhaps.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 11:58 AM

Hipster parents are the easiest people to troll on the internet. Easier even than the dopey metal heads.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:05 PM

11:42 has issues. I suspect Postpartum depression.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:13 PM

12:05, that's because the so called dopey metal heads are proud to be dopey metal heads. They love their subculture and everything about metal, and I even think they have a sense of humor about it. Hipster parents are not proud of being hipster parents and want to defend themselves, say they aren't hipsters, etc.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 12:44 PM

Says who, 11:58? It was all of six songs or so total at a bowling alley at 11:30 on a Sunday. Why can't I take my child to see music in a family-friendly setting? Because it is Williamsburg and "family-friendly" taints your image of the neighborhood? Because it ruins your image of the band? Because it someway makes me less cool or that I should be more concerned about being cool? I don't think anyone there thought they were going out to rock--I mean when they let the kids ask the bands questions or get up on stage and sing no one was fooling themselves about what we were doing. I had fun, because my son had a tremendous time. That my wife and I got to listen to two bands that didn't sing about birds and sunshine just made it a little bit nicer.

Posted by jwm | February 12, 2013 12:53 PM

^
You doth protest too much. Why are you trying to justify yourself?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:00 PM

^he sounds like he has regrets. Maybe he should have waited a little while longer to have children.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:10 PM

I'm not trying to justify myself nor am I protesting. I had a nice time with my family and feel no embarrassment about it. Without question, we will be going to future shows. I'm trying to understand--and this is, admittedly, stupid of me--why people choose to be negative assholes about something that shouldn't concern them. My questions are legitimate. Trolls are trolls are trolls, but at a certain point someone needs to chime in against the chorus of negative.

Posted by jwm | February 12, 2013 1:17 PM

^how about yo take your kids to Chuckie Cheese like a normal parent instead of trying to force your sensibilities on them. I'm fairly certain your kids don't care about the Ex-Cops.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 1:22 PM

My son enjoys all kinds of music, playing with his grandfather's drum set, and watching live music--typically at the farmer's market. He also likes the playground, the children's museum, zoos and watching model trains, plus a bunch of other stuff we take him to. If we didn't think he'd enjoy it we wouldn't have gone, because dragging a young child to something they don't like isn't any fun for anybody. But why are you so invested in/offended by my parenting?

Posted by jwm | February 12, 2013 1:48 PM

do these events have a decent MILF scene?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2013 2:20 PM

I just came onto your post and found it quite interesting. I am also associated with london theatre tickets, vip hospitality, manchester arena tickets, london theatre packages, and love to enjoy the stuff on the same as its rarely found on internet. Thanks again for writing such a good post.

Posted by vip hospitality | February 13, 2013 4:23 AM

Did Ice-T just not show up for this one?

Posted by Anonymous | February 13, 2013 11:48 PM

Posted by Engadget | February 14, 2013 9:21 AM

^They are but I would say it is easiest to troll the people who thinks T5 blows...they get riled up, and huff and puff it is sooo cute.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 9:48 AM