Posted in music on February 14, 2013

by Andrew Sacher

DOWNLOAD: Tempers - Eyes Wide Wider (MP3)

Tempers

NYC record label Pendu Sound, who are known for the dark and brooding (Chelsea Wolfe, Starred), have just launched a new digital single series today (Valentine's Day). A press release describes the series...

Some of the bands who are releasing singles will go on to release full-length albums on Pendu Sound. Each hand-selected band will release a digital-single with accompanying video as well as a bonus track. The video is an important element of this series and all releases will have original videos to accompany the track. Pendu Sound is a big advocate of artists and bands which possess the "total aesthetic"; highly-stylized immersive content that enhances the experience and intensifies the overall vision.
The first installment of this series comes from NYC post-punk duo Tempers, who you may have just caught with Majical Cloudz at Death by Audio. The single, "Eyes Wide Wider," is a solid cut with thick guitar, big atmospheres, and the knowledge that there's nothing wrong with making a dark song a catchy one. You can download the track for free above, watch its video below, and download it along with its b-side, "Hell Hotline," on iTunes. Both tracks were produced by Damian Taylor (Bjork, TRUST).

Tempers - "Eyes Wide Wider" Official Video

Tags: Pendu, Tempers

Fuck yeah, Todd Pendu. Love this.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 2:53 PM

PPPD (postpunkpoledancing) is pretty amazing.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 2:55 PM

whoa that dude is hot

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 2:56 PM

Don't get me wrong, because I think this song is great, but we used to call Real Life a 'new wave' band... not a 'post-punk' band. Send Me An Angel.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 2:58 PM

Correction: NYC miss-managed, debt riddled, posturing record label Pendu Sound, who are known for not paying the dark and brooding Chelsea Wolfe...

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 4:15 PM

^ oooooooooo... someone am mad!

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 4:22 PM

Pendu should stick to digital releases since they can't seem to actually put out any physical copies of their "releases."

They can take your money, but they can't deliver the product. Real shady label.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 6:03 PM

Shitty label run by a fraud. All the rumors about Todd Pendu are true. Wouldn't trust him with a single penny.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 6:18 PM

Hey Anonymous, this is Todd Pendu, if you have real issues with my label you should address them with me, my email is included here. Tell me exactly what you think I've done and explain. Your accusations are clearly false... This is a forum that's known for talking shit, so if you think you have a real issue, how about you stand behind it and address me.

Posted by Todd Pendu | February 14, 2013 6:48 PM

According to the Pendu website, there are plenty of physical releases of their records. This is a post about TEMPERS and their new single, not a catty gossip corner filled with unfounded lies about a fucking authentic label.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 6:59 PM

I have to say, this thread got weird. The person who started talking shit can't be a Pendu artist. Are you someone that Todd once blew off at a party? A rejected Pendu artist? You aren't your average BV troll. Who are you? Afraid to say?

Posted by genuinely curious | February 14, 2013 7:32 PM

It's funny how people find that a comment on a blog can actually turn into a compelling and believable proof. Stop the empty accusations based on gossip. People tend to see the worst of themselves in others. Grow up! If you have an issue with Pendu Sounds then email them directly! This feels like high school. Pendu sounds, keep up the good work!

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 8:13 PM

I don't know about the other anonymous posters, but I never received the OMNIBUS Trilogy from Pendu, which I paid for well over a year ago. That's a fact.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 8:15 PM

Have you emailed orders@pendunyc.com to notify that the records have not come? Please do if you have not. There are hundreds of others who have received their records. The 3rd and final record of the trilogy is not out yet, but will be soon. As soon as it is, it will be mailed out. The band took longer than planned to finish.

Posted by Todd Pendu | February 14, 2013 8:29 PM

Longer than planned? I paid for the box set in June 2011.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 8:46 PM

wait you paid in june 2011 and didn't think that MAYBE your order got messed up? dude just write him..?

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 9:36 PM

You're out of you element 9:36.
Do you know what was promised for the Omnibus Box Set back in 2011? If not, shut the fuck up. The label promised a timeline they couldn't deliver on. They were off by years. That's bad business.

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2013 10:31 PM

Love Pendu Sound! Amazing label my friends and I have never had a problem with and always been inspired by. Don't see what the drama is about, seems desperate to post in the comments section. It's like the one bad yelp review over an amazing restaurant...someone is just throwing a tantrum. Grow up.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 7:31 AM

This is so weird. A post where we get a free song and people want to bitch and moan about not getting their money's worth. I think it shows a lot about the label if the founder is willing to come on this thread with full contact information and state if anyone has issues with orders to speak with him directly. The fact that he isn't lashing back but remaining civil and businesslike is enough to get me to purchase something on their site. Later trolls, I'm gonna go buy some music.

Posted by Dana | February 15, 2013 9:06 AM

Scared complainer has gone away. Maybe it was Todd's high school ex.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 11:25 AM

lol this thread is awesome

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 11:57 AM

Tempers are awesome live.

Kinda wish BV would install the "facebook-login" most sites that have comment sections use because faceless internet trolling is so late 90s to begin with. This was fun a few years ago because of the retro-ness of not having a login, but now its like....grow up BV. End the bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 5:33 PM

"record labels"

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 8:11 PM

faceless comment trolling is the only reason this website has whatever traffic it does. i'm sure the people running it know that. take the anon comments away and you just have a really fucking ugly show listings blog with the occasional piece of press-release fluff like this.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 9:16 PM

Back when the iPods were on Pendu, I ordered an iPods record and they never sent it. They gave me a whole bunch of excuses, with plenty of diversity from excuse to excuse.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2013 10:07 PM

5:33 = "internet trolling is so late 90s" vs. "This was fun a few years ago"

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 3:14 AM

Pendu, I have emailed your sorry excuse for customer service several times, and all I get is the same vague brush-off with no answers to my questions. The band's been "putting the finishing touches" on the album for two years? You're not running a record label, you're running a scam.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 3:40 AM

Just keep trying, buddy. Sometimes you have to be persistent with us.

Posted by Todd Pendu | February 16, 2013 4:28 AM

^ you have to practice before you step up and embarass yourself like this, troll who can't copy the right url

Posted by Glutton Freegan | February 16, 2013 4:38 AM

Meet Asian singles online, it's easy!
Satisfaction guaranteed, or your money back!

Posted by Gucci iPod | February 16, 2013 4:41 AM

5:33 is a time lord. Please tell us what we will be doing on the internet in 2016.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 8:08 AM

5:33 - please travel into the future and let us know what we will be posting next week.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 8:44 AM

tell me more about these Asian singles!

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 2:36 PM

Yeah, 4:41. What 2:36 said.
And could you define "Satisfaction Guaranteed"?

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2013 3:29 PM

If you need me to make the transition from troll clown to sex tour pimp I need money, weaponry and mercenaries, along with a solid getaway plan and alibi
Probably not ready for this but I'm down to enjoy the ride wherever it takes me
If you're 4:28, though, you need to understand that you are DEFINITELY not ready for this trip, stay in school and don't do drugs.

Posted by driveller | February 17, 2013 4:11 AM

pendu is a sad joke of a label. it's too bad.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 12:57 AM

Buy from ebay, the worlds largest and most trusted auction site. Pay with paypal and eliminate any security issues with your credit card.

Posted by Michal | February 24, 2013 8:31 PM