Posted in music on February 18, 2013

by Andrew Sacher

Phoenix

Phoenix finally revealed details for their new album, Bankrupt! (which is due out 4/23 via Glassnote), last week, and now we've finally gotten a chance to actually hear a song from it. It's called "Entertainment" and it definitely sounds like Phoenix. Watch the lyric video below...

Phoenix - "Entertainment"

Tags: Phoenix

Actually pretty good.

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 2:45 PM

Enjoyed it

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 2:55 PM

Dig it!

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 3:03 PM

I just realized that I can't stand Phoenix

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 3:25 PM

TAKE NOTES JULIAN CASABLANCAS

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 4:03 PM

why are they headlining festivals though? why? WHY?!

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 4:17 PM

Nice track.

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 4:33 PM

Surprised people are into this. I think this is one of their worst songs and I'm a fan. Grating

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 5:09 PM

Yo this shit sucks the fucking poop out of my motherfucking ass hahahahaha FUCK YOU

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 5:25 PM

They're headlining festivals because they're getting paid a shitload of money to do so. Now, whether they warrant that money or attention sure doesn't seem worthy as of their track record up to this point thus far. Sounds like Coachella had a lot of trouble booking larger acts this year. Phoenix and RHCP were definitely not first choices.

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 6:09 PM

Although the band might not have received the aclaim of Radiohead or Jay-Z (along with many others whom normally headline festivals) the light show and production I witnessed when Phoenix played MSG a few years ago warrants the festival headline status. If their performance is anything like that one, it should make for a worthwhile experience for fans and those new to the band. Phoenix haters will probably continue to hate, because the band sticks to what they do best and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Posted by Doc | February 18, 2013 6:42 PM

So what they do best is hire good lighting and production designers.

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 7:20 PM

720 get laid this year and you'll feel better.

Posted by uradork | February 18, 2013 7:41 PM

Sorry. I'll be more specific about what i mean when I say "what they do best". MUSICALLY, what they do best, is make electronic/pop songs with a youthful sounding lead singer that rely mostly on rhythmic elements. If that's not your cup of tea, no lighting or production elements are probably gonna win you over. When discussing their status as a festival headliner, though, I have to think that most people are against them doing Coachella in that status because the band really hasn't gotten to the level of the aforementioned Radiohead or Jay-Z. My point is that the show I saw at MSG had all the production elements you'd probably expect from a "big" act, so if you're unhappy with their Coachella booking make it about the music.

Posted by Doc | February 18, 2013 8:10 PM

Radiohead and Jay-Z are terrible examples of festival headliners. Both overrated and very alienating live. It's idiots like you who keep perpetuating the myth that they are far better than what they are.

Posted by Anonymous | February 18, 2013 8:30 PM

8:30- Re-read any of my comments and tell me where I say that I like Radiohead or Jay-Z. I can only assume you believe this because I talk about their success. Refute that and I don't think I'm the idiot here.

Posted by Doc | February 18, 2013 8:52 PM

I see my mistake now. I definitely didn't read closely enough. Forgive me.

Posted by 8:30 | February 18, 2013 8:57 PM

The French have never understood popular music. Or comedy. Or diplomacy.

Posted by Anonymous | February 19, 2013 6:54 AM

The French understand house music

Posted by Anonymous | February 19, 2013 8:01 AM

I'm going to move to France and open a store that only sells armpit razors and deodorant. Should make a killing on ex-pats.

Posted by Anonymous | February 19, 2013 8:16 AM

this is fucking crap. i'd rather listen to coldplay

Posted by Anonymous | February 19, 2013 8:57 AM

I like this song
it's not like Phoneix reinvented indie pop, so this is actually enjoyable

Posted by Anonymous | February 19, 2013 9:32 AM

The French understand popular music fine, you just don't understand French.

Posted by Anonymous | February 19, 2013 10:32 AM

hey Mr/Ms@6:42,8:10,&8:52,
If you don't like Radiohead and Jay-Z so much then maybe stop using them as examples in every single post you write. You repeatedly reference only them and the Phoenix live production as your bar for what makes a "headliner," and then whine when you are accused of doing so. Yes, you sound like an idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | February 19, 2013 3:38 PM

Used the term once, 3:38. Then had to expand on it. Was debated. Brought the point back. And, again, the point has been and always will be, to judge an act on it's music. Thats the bar I use to judge. I've only said it three times on here. But you're all so quick to call someone an idiot you miss the point entirely.

Posted by Doc | February 19, 2013 8:59 PM

what a bunch of mouthbreathers you all are.. get off the internet and realise music is subjective - its not a competition and its not a status symbol. relax and be happy you chumps.

Posted by dwarfkok | February 20, 2013 8:05 AM

^ ha ha
this assclown does not understand irony, or he would realize that he is the butt of his own statement.
ha ha ha

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 8:33 AM

Buy from ebay, the worlds largest and most trusted auction site. Pay with paypal and eliminate any security issues with your credit card.

Posted by Michal | February 24, 2013 11:27 AM