Posted in metal | music | pictures | tour dates on February 20, 2013

photos by Dana (distortion) Yavin

Tame Impala @ T5, 2/19/2013
Tame Impala

Tame Impala hit NYC again last night (2/19), this time at at Terminal 5 last night with The Growl, the first of a string of US dates for the Aussie psychedelics. Though their current trek will conclude in March, look for the band to also head back to this side of the world for an appearance at Bonnaroo, Sasquatch and more as part of another North American campaign that will take them to Philadelphia by middle June. Is there another NYC date on the way? We'll keep you posted, but in the meantime check out a list of current dates below.

The band performed tracks from their latest effort Lonerism including "Mind Mischief", which recently received a video treatment. Head below for their full setlist as well as more pics from Terminal 5.

The Growl

TAME IMPALA at TERMINAL 5, SETLIST 2/19/13
Intro
Apocalypse Dreams
It Is Not Meant to Be
Solitude Is Bliss
Endors Toi
Music to Walk Home By
Elephant
Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind?
Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

Tuesday, Jul 9, 2013 Ravenna - Ravenna Festival
Wednesday, Jul 10, 2013 Milan - Un Altro Festival
Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 Toulouse - Le Bikini
Saturday, Jul 13, 2013 Madrid - La Riviera
Sunday, Jul 14, 2013 Portugal - Optimus Alive
Wednesday, Aug 7, 2013 Oslo, Norway - Oya Festival

better and better every time i see them

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:30 PM

yes! that is all you need for the encore.

Posted by anonimous | February 20, 2013 2:30 PM

Sound was great at T5 last night!

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:31 PM

Gross feet but great tunes!

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:34 PM

I love the albums and was really bummed to have missed out on tickets to this show, but after seeing them on Fallon.... don't get me wrong, I did not think they were bad by any means, but they basically just performed an exact re-creation of what's on the record. Everything was exactly the same. Every guitar sound, every drum fill... EVERYTHING.

I'm sure they sounded great at T5, but apart from some video accompaniment, I can't imagine it was all that exciting.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:42 PM

fallon performance does no justice, 2:42. last night was full of extended jams and outros, certainly not exactly like the record

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:45 PM

Right on.... I still wanna check 'em out. Bummed there was only one date, I had no clue they were THAT popular.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:47 PM

2:42 on Fallon they are probably restricted on time so they kept it Tame!

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:48 PM

great show last night but shit...way too many kids and I honestly think terminal 5 has the lamest crowd..i'm from LA and T5 is equivalent to the hollywood palladium..all the d-bags are out..other than that...tame impala rules live

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Ok let's break down this list and be fair:

1. Kristen Stewart - small boobs but super cute face.

2. Sarah Jessica Parker - her face looks like a shoe but man does she have a rocking body. few match it. great tits.

3. Lindsay Lohan - emma stone stole her career. hollywood is only big enough for 1 or 2 redheads max.

4. Denise Richards - whatever

5. Kirsten Dunst - saggy boobs but still worth the time. i'd do her...twice.

6. Mischa Barton - underrated beauty. love her b cups.

7. Hillary Swank - like sarah jessica parker, kick ass body.

8. Lucy Liu - meh

9. Tilda Swinton - thats a man baby!

10. Uma Thurman - insanely awesome breasts. enough said.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:56 PM

Anyone know what song they used for their intro? Is that just something they normally do? Ruled.

Posted by Lalalizzy | February 20, 2013 2:59 PM

I saw them at Coco 66. I win.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 2:59 PM

2:56......

I agree, Dunst and Barton are underrated babes.

#TameImpalaRocks

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:00 PM

I'm upset I missed this show. I also did not realize they got this big.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:00 PM

I wasn't there, but the sound was TERRIBLE.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:00 PM

isn't funny, take any band posted on this blog, people rip the shit out of them and say the exact same things every time.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:04 PM

^ha thanks for the laugh...that is what the I hate T5 guy post all the time in essence.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:04 PM

I was wondering when they were going to Nothing That Has Happened and we got it as an encore last night..niiice

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:06 PM

^I meant wondering when they were going to play Nothing That Has Happened

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:07 PM

the jam for half full glass of wine is incredible

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:10 PM

Lots of jams and lots of new sounds compared to the Webster show in November. They really stepped it up a notch. I didn't know who they were before I saw them the first time and now I can't get enough. Sick drummer too.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:19 PM

there was some untitled interlude somewhere along the first few songs too

that drumming/keyboard thing during elephant ruled and so did that version of mind mischief

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:32 PM

are they playing sxsw?

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:42 PM

Oh man, the same insufferable douchebag is at it again @3:04. You can tell it is him from his egregious spelling/grammer mistakes. Yes douche, we know, the hate for T5 is all the work of one guy. Right.

2:56, tell me what it is like to have never gotten laid before.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:42 PM

the crowd at T5 will always attract the bridge and tunnel babies. yeah, you have to share venue space with a bunch of 'bros' but whatever, deal with it. we're all there to have fun

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:49 PM

Freaking incredible. Jams were worth the ticket on their own. T5 is awful, but they made up for it. Opening band was pretty entertaining too.

To the people who have asked, pretty sure their opening few seconds was from International Feel, the Todd Rundgren song.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 3:56 PM

Making all that loot and can't afford a pair of fuckin' s h o e s?!?

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 4:08 PM

3:56 - It's a jam they normally break out of Desire Be Desire Go for. You can hear it again here at about 13:05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtZ5IggllU

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 4:14 PM

I don't want to be one of the people piling on about this venue but It is hard for me to understand all the praise from last night's show. Before last night I had only seen Tame Impala the 2 times they played Music Hall of Williamsburg. Not even a close comparison. Those 2 shows blew this one away and i mean by a lot both in performance and sound. Last night was not terrible but nothing spectacular at all either. If you have never seen the band before I guess i can understand the comments. Hopefully the next time around they will play at a better venue more deserving of their greatness.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 4:46 PM

The sound at T5 is really good. No, I mean REALLY fucking good.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 4:52 PM

^Deaf or troll

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 5:05 PM

Snoozefest,

Posted by JT | February 20, 2013 5:08 PM

Or right you jackass sound was great get over yourself live nation employee or troll take your pick!

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 5:20 PM

Wait, the guy calling you a troll 5:20 for your comment at 4:52 is a troll himself? Do you even know what trolling means? You really think a live nation employee would come on here to bad mouth Terminal 5? Funny I never see anyone criticizing the place say anything nice about Roseland which is Live Nation's competing venue. In fact the most recent comment on here which said the sound was not good last night was also saying the sound was amazing at one of Bowery's other venues. Guess logic goes out the window here.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 5:29 PM

Most se to agree sound was good last night and I agree too!

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 5:35 PM

5:29 you don't seem to follow logic!

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 5:36 PM

Mix was great last night for Tame but not for Growl

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 5:38 PM

I made the comment at 4:46. Never said the sound was terrible last night. It was just so so and compared to the sound of the shows I saw of them at Music Hall it was lacking. Like i said, maybe the people saying it was great had never seen them before last night. Or people who don't really know the difference.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 5:44 PM

@5:44 I've seen them before and I still think they were in fine form last night, mostly because how they handled some of the extended renditions. I don't recall them doing that keyboard/ + drum breakdown and certainly didn't hear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pdd4_byoAA before.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 6:54 PM

Merci pour le partage! Je suis impatient de visualiser plus d'articles comme celui-ci.

Posted by journaux francais | February 20, 2013 8:29 PM

$30 for a fucking shirt? get real boys.

Posted by Anonymous | February 20, 2013 11:38 PM

OMG I SAW THEM WHEN THEY WERE PRE-PUBESCENT LADS I'M SO MUCH KOOLER THAN U

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 2:08 AM

Concert tshirts should be between $15-20...

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 8:12 AM

Hipster bands playing like jam bands, metal bands looking like jam bands--whaaaat is going on???

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 8:52 AM

Absolutely great show. Sound amazing, but could have been louder.

Definitely too crowded, but the band after the first note, I could care less about the crowd.

I saw them at Webster Hall last year, and the sound was too distorted and muddled- They have really gotten it together, with super tight jams, amazing drums, clear lyrics, and as my girl said, I feel like I'm at a Doors concert!

Amazing band, and for those of you who think the sound sucks, get out from under the ceiling and join the main floor.

Posted by Kimi R. | February 21, 2013 9:46 AM

Hate to admit it but I laughed at this idiot 9:48's comment.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 9:52 AM

Who is 9:48?

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 10:19 AM

Sorry let me correct that for you 10:19

Hate to admit it but i laughed at this idiot Kimi R 9:46's comment

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 10:24 AM

ah ok thanks 10:24 thought you were talking to an imaginary poster...

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 11:03 AM

Getting pinned is a BIG deal....and its a huge thing. If its done right, its planned in advance and its a huge surpise to the kid in question.

My pinning was a huge deal, and happened the night after 10k after everyone left and our kids got permission to stay on the land for a few days and clean up before we left for yellowstone and glacier during the off days between 10k and seattle. Camp was kicking, a few off our kids where in the kitchen getting dinner ready, some kids where getting the fire started, and me and dawn and few others where out on a groundscore mission. This was just after the sun went down, we where walking up to camp (camp goodness sponsered by cookies, that is!!!) when 7-8 of our kids are walking towards me with this distinct look on their face. Now, about my actual pinning... Catch me in the real world sometime, ill tell you over a bowl, but something like that is just to personal to discuss over the internet. Lets just say it was special. I will say this, after i got pinned, dawn gives me this huge kiss and is like "baby you deserved that."

After i got pinned we all had a huge celebration. It was a special time. We had a huge family dinner, and after dinner a sheet was put in a bottle of orange juice and everyone was ceremonially dropped by the Rev.

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 12:50 PM

$30 for a shirt and $15 for a 7"...for an opening band no one gives a shit a bout...those must have been flying off the merch table...

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 12:58 PM

They are from Australia..everything is more expensive in Australia..they just probably have no clue what the going rate is...

Posted by Anonymous | February 21, 2013 1:07 PM