Posted in music | pictures on March 26, 2013

photos by Dominick Mastrangelo

Sigur Ros @ MSG 3/25/2013
Sigur Ros

They started the show with a giant screen draped over them, casting a giant silhouette of Jónsi towing away with his bowed guitar. Looking like he was the wizard of oz of MSG, he has all of us instantly transfixed. When the screen dropped, the band seemed to take it as a cue to take things up a notch. This was because the band (now a 3-piece) was backed up by a large set of backing musicians who played just about every instrument you could think of.

Playing for nearly 2-hours, it seemed like a lifetime journey spent with the band, in the best way possible. One minute they have you on the verge of tears, and the very next your feeling a spiritual high. A Sigur Ros show has the power and emotional transgression of a religious experience, an amazing feat considering not a single word of English was uttered other than a quick hello or thank you. They do so with their sounds and sight, giving us a spectacular light show backed by moving images that were breathtaking enough to be considering another band member. - [We All Want Someone to Shout For]

As part of their massive North American tour, Iceland's Sigur Ros played their biggest NYC concert ever last night (3/23) at Madison Square Garden. The band previewed a few songs from their forthcoming album, Kveikur (out 6/18), in addition to established favorites. Setlist is below. If you went, what did you think of the show? More pics, plus video of the band performing "Kveikur" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, are below.

Sigur Ros - "Kveikur" on 'Fallon'

Sigur Ros @ MSG 3/25/2013

Festival
Brennisteinn

Encore:
Glósóli
Popplagið

Tags: MSG, Sigur Ros

curious what people paid outside for tix

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:48 PM

^ I got 1 for $10

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:49 PM

Here comes the pussy fighters from the What's going on Monday thread. Decent show. Not great sound. Plenty of empty seats scattered throughout. All as expected

P.S. Of course anyone else who posts a negative review after this will all be by me according to the dummies.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:49 PM

^congrats for being first out the gate to drive your point home that you hate MSG. Let other civilized folks have a thread stop mucking things up.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:50 PM

scalped em for cheap outside, but if paid 65 for tickets, i would not have been mad. amazing amazing show

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:51 PM

The sound was pretty damn good and not just for MSG. I was shocked at how well it sounded, actually. Maybe thats bc i had low expectations but they pulled it off. Set was basically perfect and the new stuff was intense. Glad I went. Floor for $40.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:54 PM

^OH no a positive review! QUICK 1:49 respond! Must be a fraud!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:55 PM

^Nice to try to turn it around shit fer brains. Didn't work. Back to the drawing board.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:56 PM

^oh the irony 1:49 and 1:56 is not lost on you..look at what your trying to do in both threads...taking peoples positive concert expierences and twisting them into your fantasy

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:01 PM

clearly MSG is a shit venue for music, there's nothing else to say about that. to those who actually went because they care about Sigur Ros and not redundant complaints about venues, did they pull off playing the large space? was the new stuff any good live?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:01 PM

I paid 60 for two on stubhub in section 103. Sound in the beginning was your usual arena sound. but the visuals were great. I enjoyed it

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:02 PM

^yep decades of sold out shows at MSG. The sound must really suck. Why do bands keep on trying to play at the garden for decades on end. Must be a real hellhole with terrible sound. Yep that is it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:04 PM

been there plenty of times for shows and I have never had a complaint about the sound.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:04 PM

2:01^ Felt like they might have lost some people with the newer songs despite them sounding good. But the show as spectacle and all the older songs rose to the occasion of playing a venue like MSG, shit venue for music notwithstanding.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:05 PM

2:01: I've been a big fan since 2003 and have seen them in tiny venues and moderate sized ones, and I went in to this MSG show with low expectations. However they killed it. They filled the entire room with sound - maybe once or twice the more nuanced parts of their songs got lost, but overall amazing. The beginning with the curtain really set the mood, they dropped in towards the end of Ny Batteri, and for the rest of the show had great lighting and a huge video screen. They chose good songs to fill the stadium, place was almost full, and they were getting applause nonstop. I was surprised & blown away. Especially the new stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:09 PM

Show was totally amazing, one of the best I've ever seen. Sounded great, much better than the sound at Celebrate Brooklyn last year. Paid $112 for 2 GA floor day of show, can't complain.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:15 PM

"Sounded great, much better than the sound at Celebrate Brooklyn last year."

You are crazy.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:18 PM

@2:05 I have to agree with you. Show was all about the spectacle. Sound not so much.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:19 PM

@2:09pm - you said it all - 100%

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:20 PM

I liked it. I was more impressed with the first half, but overall, very good show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:24 PM

great set list, sorry I missed this show

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:25 PM

sound was great! and it was PACKED

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:26 PM

as bad as people seem to think MSG sounds, Sigur Ros indoors is always going to sound better than an outdoor show. Prospect Park was lovely. I had a picnic. I was comfortable. Sigur Ros indoors, MSG included, is a different experience. At MSG I was in GA, standing the whole time. Less comfortable. But the music and images engulf you the way Prospect Park could not. The sound was boomy. The set list was heavy on the aggressive songs and lighter on the mellower jams. Which seems appropriate for the space.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:29 PM

What, no pictures of Tim Hecker?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:34 PM

2:26
Sorry but the pictures betray your delusion

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:39 PM

Manhattan Center was special

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:40 PM

Super show - excellent visuals and the sound was great - that last song in the encore was killer. would've wanted to get high for this show, but didn't and just like the reviewer puts it, actually didn't need to. they handled MSG really well - highly recommend you go the next time. on another note, i think it's amazing that you can have a band that doesn't sing a word in english that can headline MSG - due congratulations to Sigur Ros.

Posted by brownman | March 26, 2013 2:42 PM

this fuck with his hard on for msg, providing for many yucks around the office today. i showed this other attorney, and we both laughed so hard.

fucking children.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:44 PM

2:39 upper deck seems pretty full to me

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:45 PM

very funny, 2:34

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:48 PM

Sound was amazing where I was (section 116). Not that you would take my word being a sound engineer and all...but I in direct line of fire of the far line array and it was crystal clear sounding...lush...super beautiful.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:50 PM

Which pictures, besides the ones of two sections that were not used at all, tell how empty it was? Idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:50 PM

This was awesome - I was on the verge of tears, then I was totally having a spiritual high, then I remembered that I forgot to take my celexa in the morning. Luckily I had one handy, and about 20 minutes later I was fine.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:50 PM

2:44 holy shit if you are telling the truth. You got some nerve charging $300+ an hour and goofing off on BV. Lordy I can't imagine you arguing a case if this is how you immature you act.

Case Closed!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:51 PM

Here is how the conversation went in 2:44's office

2:44 "Hey yo pal look at this kid on BV he thinks MSG is a good venue for a show"

2:44's co-worker "You keep goofing around acting like an idiot all day and I will have you on coffee runs for the rest of the summer" BWAHAHAHAHA

2:44 "HA HA" sorry boss..want me to pick up your pants from the cleaner today?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:54 PM

show was incredible. sound was great in GA

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:55 PM

Hmm so far about 20 positive reviews...2 negative..food for thought

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:56 PM

As someone who works at Goldman and regularly posts on BV when I'm supposedly doing "real" work, I think 2:44 is a commendable IRL troll.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:58 PM

Last couple of shows for Sigur Ros ranking

1-Manhattan Center
2-MoMA
3-Prospect Park
4-MSG

Unless you were at all 4 please refrain from commenting.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:58 PM

^beacon theater blew all 4 of those away!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:01 PM

"Hmm so far about 20 positive reviews...2 negative..food for thought"

Here is some more food for thought. Let's go to a message board of people who went to the recent Justin Bieber show at Barclays. 100% will say amazing incredible sound was off the charts. Does that mean it was? Discerning quality of readership on this blog has gone way way down in the last year.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:02 PM

@3:01 I'd agree with you except for Manhattan Center. That was better than Beacon

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:03 PM

3:03 did you go to the Beacon in 2002 or 2005? 2002 show was beyond sick...2005 was great too!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:05 PM

"^you're a fucking tool. why are you reading beibers board..I am sure they are analyizing the sound of the show...retard."

Who said I was reading that board? Head of the retard line seems to be you

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:07 PM

3:05 Yes I went to those shows and they were sick but I still think Manhattan Center had it all.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:07 PM

^ok BEIBER fan...why don't you report back on the Barclays show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:08 PM

^OK retard whatever you say

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:09 PM

Some of these people are also Corganites.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:10 PM

3:07 (1) is rich considering he has Beiber posters up in his basement!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:11 PM

"Last couple of shows for Sigur Ros ranking
1-Manhattan Center
2-MoMA
3-Prospect Park
4-MSG
Unless you were at all 4 please refrain from commenting."

Well, i wasn't at MoMA or Prospect Park but for you to leave out the Theater at MSG show is crazy. It was the last time they played STARALFUR in the US! The horn section marching across the stage! Billy Joel upstairs! Please.

Unless you were at that show, please refrain from commenting. smh.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:12 PM

yeah would have loved to hear Staralfur! missed that one was bummed!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:14 PM

irving plaza may 8th, 2001 was the best sigur ros nyc show

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:17 PM

>actually typing "smh"

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Beacon after 9/11 was unequivocally the best.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:23 PM

God, this band is fucking awful.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:23 PM

did they play 'the nothing song' - i dont think that's the actual name of it, i think one of the reasons i never got into these guys is bc i couldn't be bothered to read those song titles

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:28 PM

"When the screen dropped, the band seemed to take it as a cue to take things up a notch. This was because the band (now a 3-piece) was backed up by a large set of backing musicians who played just about every instrument you could think of."

dear god.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:31 PM

OMG trolling you guys is like fish in a barrel today! Too easy!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 3:33 PM

Y'all are bunch of intense pussies about this here band.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 4:30 PM

I will see Jonsi sing anytime, anywhere. While I like a few other singers better (prime Bowie comes to mind), for sheer technical ability, he is the best I've ever seen. Acoustics? Saw Oktophonie over the weekend at the PAA and in comparison MSG sounds like an overdriven boombox.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 4:31 PM

hey, do the strokes have a new album?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 4:37 PM

MSG is a shitbox for seeing a concert. Basically everyone in the Universe but one fucktard serial poster on here today knows this.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 5:23 PM

spend some time on this and other music blogs and you'll find some risible writing. this drivel is even worse than most, full of junior-high howlers:

"Playing for nearly 2-hours, it seemed like a lifetime journey spent with the band, in the best way possible. One minute they have you on the verge of tears, and the very next your feeling a spiritual high. A Sigur Ros show has the power and emotional transgression of a religious experience, an amazing feat considering not a single word of English was uttered other than a quick hello or thank you. They do so with their sounds and sight..." (huh?)

This kind of crap diminishes a fine show, as handsomely art directed as you're likely to see. But if you want a laugh, check out the whole review over at We All Want Someone to Shout For. For his sake, I'm hoping Will isn't writing in his mother tongue.

Posted by nuna | March 26, 2013 5:26 PM

^ oh damn, check out the snark on nuna!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 5:28 PM

the setlist is posted in wingdings font

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 5:29 PM

^funny!

Posted by nuna | March 26, 2013 5:36 PM

5:23 more like the opposite is true as shown by the mostly glowing reviews and look many said the sound was great! 2 said not so good! You seem to be on the wrong side of this one bub! Go back to your t5 sucks threads!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 6:29 PM

^ dumb as fuck right there

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 6:45 PM

^sore loser right there! You couldn't argue your way out of a paper bag!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:46 PM

6:45 is butt hurt because people had fun and enjoyed themselves at a concert at MSG!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:08 PM

boring shit

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:23 PM

It really was fun torquing you off today Paul Blart Mall Cop. You do realize that I could really give a shit about MSG or not, don't you? I just like poking know-it-all hipster pricks still tipsey from their first beer at their first concert. I'm sure it was tremendous, though ....

Anywho, you have yourself a good night and make sure you keep using that flashlight to find out all the retards on BV. Paul Blart Mall Cop. Fatty ass fatty.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:54 PM

The new MSG sounds much better than the old MSG. However, like all large stadiums there is a hollow sound that always throws it off for me.

In regards to sigur ros their shows are all amazing been seeing them since 2001. Sigur Ros are a better more polished band than 2001 so that would be the reason for me that they are better.

While I tend to hate the big venue I've been to plenty epic shows there
Since my first show pink Floyd July 4th 77.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:58 PM

6;29 is a real piece of work. A total fucking ignoramus. He has been at it all day. "The wrong side"? Oh p[ease drop dead you fool. Like the people on here who comment are what to go by? These are the same people who the other day were super excited that Vampire Weekend was going to play Roseland. Actually they were wishing for MSG. If you are going by what the majority on here says you are about 3 football fields away from the right side. One thing I know for sure is that people who regularly go to MSG or go to shows there and say the sound was great are the last people you want to consult about music.

Please though keep telling people how they are on the wrong side and you are tallying up positve comments to prove it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 1:16 AM

Don't know what all of this MSG sound complaining....Swedish House Mafia sounded fantastic.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 6:49 AM

I thought the circus sounded great at MSG. WTF?!?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 7:25 AM

Asshole Thread Of The Week!
Congrats!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 7:48 AM

I'm with 1:16. I thought that the guy was Master Troll at first, but his earnestness and complete lack of self control swayed me over to realize that he really believed his schtick. Which is sad, really. Another commenter made the analogy to Olive Garden and Italian food, which I thought was saliently true.

It has nothing to do with the band, or the atmosphere, or the crowd, or even sadly with the city, but it's simple physics - sound does not play well in a cavernous round space built to amplify ambient sound. MSG is not exempt from physical laws.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 7:49 AM

and 7:48 is the Grand Asshole Marshall!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 7:51 AM

1:16am I am keeping you up at night! I think we know who won now. You are angry at 1:16 in the morning about someone who enjoyed a concert at MSG. I think you need to reanalyze your life and maybe see someone who can manage your anger.

the only other person more redic is 8:54. The guy who kept on saying I got to go I'm out 3 different times and keeps coming back.

I don't think you are in any position to make judgements about music if you write off every venue in NYC that has musical performances. MSG sucks, Radio City Sucks, Terminal 5 sucks, Roseland sucks, Webster Sucks...you know I am glad you hate them all because I wouldn't want a sourpuss like you at a concert with your arms folded being jaded. Enjoy missing out on life because you are too cool. I can imagine what a pain in the ass you are too your friends.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 7:59 AM

1:16 is butt hurt at 1:16 in the morning what a jaded hipster.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:14 AM

Well I think we now know who proclaimed that the thread was the Asshole one of the week! It's ....

P A U L

B L A R T

M A L L

C O P

on his self proclaimed crusade to keep the shopping aisles of BV safe from those he deems as "retards".

Um, Paul Blart Mall Cop, thanks but nobody asked for your service. So just get on your Segway scooter and fight perceived crime somewhere else now, m'kay?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:14 AM

7:49 I would agree with you that the laws of physics apply if everything was unamplified but a concert has an equalizer called a soundboard and speakers which are positioned to minimize certian and amplify other sounds.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:16 AM

8:14 ok johnny put the computer down and catch the bus. Middle School starts in 5 minutes.

I love your enthusiasm harping on a lame movie. It is cute but this borad is for concersations about music. If you want to discuss movies go to rotten tomatoes.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:18 AM

"... a concert has an equalizer called a soundboard and speakers ..."

HOLY SHIT JUST STOP, STOP, STOP!!!!! YOU DO NOT *NOT* *NOOOOOOT* KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

it's actually hilarious, I just told my co worker, and we both laughed. But really, if you have any self respect at all, please stop FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:22 AM

I got to admit as stupid as the hummus jokes are Paul Blart takes the cake..for dumbest. Hard to sink to the bottom in this crowd but this loser takes the cake. Sorry this isn't catching on. It is funny watching you get all mad talking to yourself though. I should my fellow firemen at the firehouse and we all had a laugh!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:22 AM

8:22 (1) ok smart guy lets not have a soundboard and speakers and tell me how good the sound is. CAN YOU GET ANY DUMBER!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:23 AM

8:22 (1) now has taken the new crown for top retard!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:24 AM

Wow this guy is serious? I showed this too all my fellow toll takers at the Holland Tunnel and we had a laugh. Even the janitor got in on it. It is scary guys like this exist and even scarier that they potentially vote in elections or operate automobiles!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:26 AM

LOL Paul Blart, you don't work at the Holland Tunnel, you work at Paramus Mall! Stop fibbing, you Fibber McGhee!

Paul Blart, Officer Fatty

LOL

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:31 AM

I guess no one ever heard of noise canceling equipment or acoustic foam but everyone is an expert here.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:32 AM

Paul Blart clearly knows how to hit the F5, F5, F5 though amirite

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:32 AM

8:31 your mom is going to whip you when she finds out you are doing this during Mrs. Smiths Biology class.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:33 AM

So Paul Blart, you are now claiming that MSG is fitted all around with noise canceling equipment or acoustic foam? Do tell us more, you mall cop. You seem to have a lot of knowledge on acoustics.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:33 AM

8:32 (2) you're pretty fast there yourself johnny..they teach that in 6th grade. That is special.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:34 AM

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:34 AM

F5
F5
F5
F5
F5
F5

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:35 AM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

soooooo maaaaaaad

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:35 AM

Why are you obsessed with such a shitty movie..I am sure people trust your opinion if that is your favorite movie...

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:36 AM

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:36 AM

Y U mad bro?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:36 AM

Man the Paul Blart guy with the F5 SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY! NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU! THE MOVIE SUCKS! This is a thread about Sigur Ros leave already like you said you would 3 times before.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:37 AM

Johnny mad no one likes Paul Blart.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:38 AM

Nassau Coliseum: the best place to see a rock show. Coolest people. Great sound. Intimate. Long Island is awesome. Discuss.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:42 AM

^The Springsteen new years 1980 show was 4 and half hour show. Got a soundboard of it and it sounds fine. Shows there I don't go to Long Island for shows so cant contribute.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:43 AM

^Wait Wait Springsteen Soundboard. Soundboards are not necessary to help with sound. Just need a voice and everyone to be quiet.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:44 AM

sigur ros don't like jews, apparently.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:46 AM

^yeah it was a stupid decison to book a stretch show at MSG when the city is 10% jewish. Probably if not on Passover and maybe on a Saturday night would have been closer to sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:48 AM

Posted by No one likes Paul | March 27, 2013 8:55 AM

James is much better than a lot of his contemporaries at this, eschewing over-the-top clowning for actual humanity. But it all gets thrown out the window in the second half. Maybe he'll do better next time.

April 25, 2011 Full Review

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:56 AM

Better luck next time Blart fanatic!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:00 AM

8:55 & 8:56 (oh hell, and about 50% of the rest of these posts as well, who are we kidding?) does not see the unintended hilarity of the poor reviews he posted on his life story.

Gotta pick it up a little bit, Paul Blart.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:02 AM

^yeah it is funny that Paul hates the sound at MSG..doesn't want people to have fun and discuss Sigur Ros. Paul sad.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:05 AM

F5 grrr F5 wait is tha ... no, ergh grrr F5 F5 F5 grrrrr F5 HA there is that guy grrrrr I hate that guy grrrr ticka-ticka-ticka SEND grrr there that will get him F5 GRRRRR he posted again!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR F5

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:05 AM

^took you a second...ironic????

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:06 AM

whats this f5 bull. I don't need to hit F5 set it up to automatically update. No F5 needed.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:07 AM

a concert has an equalizer called a soundboard and speakers

fucking classic

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:08 AM

MO
(wait for it)
RON!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:09 AM

9:08 I am still laughing too. It is retarded that people think sound equipment has no value! What a dunce!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:11 AM

Dude probably thinks his 1980's kmart stereo sounds as good as a bose or shure system. More power to ya

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:13 AM

I like to stay abreast of happenings here, which guy is Paul Blart - the guy who likes or does not like MSG?

8:42, I'll take your bait - never saw a show at Nassau Coliseum, well Sesame Street Live when I was 4-5 maybe and I don't recall being upset about the sound, so I'll give the coliseum the benefit of the doubt for now. Jones Beach isn't the best place to see a concert if your only concern is sound quality, but I enjoy tailgating in the parking lot and then listening to the music. My major issue with Jones is they don't sell alcohol inside the venue (unless you're in the VIP area, and with my 30k salary and basement apartment rent, I aint no VIP). Haven't been to Paramount. Westbury Music Fair had pretty good sound I think, though I'm not quite sure - I saw Dickie Betts there and he was really out of it, but Molly Hatchet sounded good.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:21 AM

Paul Blart is the fat pantload that loves the sound of arena music, specifically at MSG. He prefers mall rock such as Ke$ha, Avril Legigne, Green Day, and Lady Gaga.

You can't miss him, he's the one shining the flashlight on the "retards"

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:38 AM

I saw T Rex at Nassau Mausoleum and the sound was great. Then again I was 8 years old, and might have been inhaling the atmosphere if you know what I mean

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:40 AM

Avril Legigne is the greatest!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:12 AM

I once saw a grown man penetrate another man's rectum on an open roof off 16th St. When he proceeded to refrain, the other chap was quite happy to clean the ol' pipes out for him, finishing the job. The things you see when stopping to smell the roses.

Posted by In 'n' Out | March 27, 2013 10:19 AM

^ back to St Vitus, sausage

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:24 AM

Paul Blart is a guy who like in his mall doesn't want anyone to have fun or make too much noise. He thinks he is hilarious living in his mothers basement in Staten Island. His goal is to make sure no one has fun at any expense.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:34 AM

^ yup that pretty much describes you, but you left out your gravity-challenged physique as well PB. Hey, PB all you need is J, and your have once of your favorite snacks. Snacks for Paul Blart are anytime that his mom's not home and he can sneak up out of the basement to raid her refrigerator. Hee hee hee the secret's out, fatty!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:47 AM

Paul Blart likes the hummmmmm of his Segway scooter

reminds his of the hummmmm he hears coming out of mommy's room most days before daddy comes home

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:53 AM

^this has gotten beyond lame.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:53 AM

^stupid as fuck, along with being fat as fuck

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:55 AM

OH DAMN ... ZING!!!!!

Paul Blart so mad, and now soooo embarrassed!

I'm sorry bro, your mom is just taking care of business

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:56 AM

Hey Paul Blart Mall Cop, any great shows coming up at MSG? I want to see shows at the best sounding arena I can. Do tell, Paul Blart, you have the scoop on the sound at MSG.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 10:59 AM

^Your a smart guy. NEVER has there been a good show at MSG. It is amazing it has existed for almost 90 years duping people since 1925.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:06 AM

Paul Blart fan soo mad no one visits him at the mall, no one likes his movie either. BLART MAD! EXTRA BACON TO CRY INTO

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:06 AM

Ah, straw men, such a fun game. No one wins.

Hey Paul Blart Mall Cop, don't try to think too hard, stick to the stuff you do well. Like policing the "retards" and rating arenas for sound quality. You may like to put words in people's mouths, but if you don't watch out you may find other parts of people in your mouth hee hee hee

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:15 AM

^says the SINGULAR guy posting a million times msg sucks...your on your own bub...tired yet?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:19 AM

I figured 11:15 out! there has been a drough of shows at Terminal 5. Needs to muck up some threads...oh a show at MSG! ATTACK! Lame existance. Sad Paul

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:20 AM

Hey Paul Blart fan guy. Last three concerts you went to was????

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:23 AM

11:19, 11:20, 11:23 ....

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
sooooooooo maaaaaaaaad!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:35 AM

Hey guys...serious for a moment. This is my last post. I was grounded by mom for goofing off on her computer. I will no longer be able to post. Was fun while it lasted but I won't be on the computer for a while now. Maybe if I get a lunch break at school I will post in the library for old time sakes but this is it.

Frankly I never even been to a show at Madison Square Garden. Wanted to see Swedish House Mafia but mom wouldn't buy me a ticket.

By the way I never saw Paul Blart the movie because hey at 16 I can save those $10 and buy some MCD or something.

Peace out

Peace out

Posted by Paul Blart Fan Guy | March 27, 2013 11:37 AM

My name is Jim, and I'm the aggregation of all the DIFFERENT commentators on this thread that differ with Paul Blart Mall Cop. (I'm not really a single person at all, but don't tell Paul since it will shatter his fragile perception of things)

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:39 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop
Went to a concert
At a mall
Ha, just kidding
He was actually at MSG
Which is the best sounding arena
According to him
Because he's an expert on such things

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:40 AM

He serious question Paul Blart Mall Cop,

Hey who cuts your hair, man?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:41 AM

Paul like Sigur Ros and Green Day! makes sense!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:41 AM

Was at Hot Topic the other day and they were playing the new cuts by Sigur Ros. It was cool!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:42 AM

squeeeeel "break break ... is this thing on? ... OK. Paul Blart here ... suspect in front of the 4W, loitering and clearly having fun .... I see, wait ... yup, he's singing along with Ke$ha. He's OK. False alarm ... Paul Blart out " squeeeel

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:43 AM

Come On Paul Blart Mall Cop, you said you were gonna leave, and then you come back and start posting agin. Not a boy of your word, eh? I'm gonna have to tell your mommy. No chocolate ice cream for you this afternoon.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:45 AM

LOL MSG, such good sound

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:45 AM

^ah the circular logic of a politician...putting words in other peoples mouths...fun

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:46 AM

Hey, retard ... no fun allowed here! Take that fun somewhere else.

Posted by Paul Blart Mall Cop | March 27, 2013 11:46 AM

Come on Paul Blart Mall Cop, either take off or don't but fuck make up yer miiiiiinnnnnd bro!

He bro, chilly out bro

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:47 AM

11:46 imposter must be another 16 year old friend with johnny

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:48 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop is confused

So sorry, Paul Blart Mall Cop. It'll pass. Think about candies and bunnies, and happy things. Segway scooters zooming through malls.

You can do it, Paul Blart Mall Cop.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:50 AM

Fat Fatty Fatty Fat Fat Fatty Fat Fatty Fat Fatty Fatty Fat Fat Fatty Fat Fatty Fatty Fat Fatty Fatty Fat Fat Fatty Fat Fatty Fat Fat Fatty Fat Fatty Fatty Fat Fatty Fatty Fat Fat Fatty Fat Fatty

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:51 AM

Sadly looking at the ISP addressed throughout the thread it is scary how many times Paul Blart fan guy posted..go outside today bro it is nice out! Get some exersize!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:52 AM

Mad, fat and Blart is no way to go through life, son

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:52 AM

Fat Blart, time to refresh? Ha ha I know, I'm kidding! It's always a time to refresh! F5 F5 F5 F5

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:53 AM

What is with this clownshit Blart stuff..I was just looking for a setlist!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 11:54 AM

So the setlist is posted after the pics and before the comments, yet you scrolled through and read the comments to look for, what, a second secret setlist?

OK, Jasper.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 12:00 PM

^WRONG! I noticed there was 180 comments and wondering what was going on Sherlock

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 12:09 PM

^^^ So I guess you weren't just looking for a setlist then, huh Skippy? Misrepresent yourself much?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 12:25 PM

^holy shit you can't read!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 12:48 PM

why does BV let a single emotionally disturbed person take over these threads like this? Can't they block the IP or something?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 3:13 PM

^ says the single emotionally disturbed person (clearly)

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 3:34 PM

^ +1 on that. The "it's all the work of 1 person" commenters are just as pathetic as the trolls

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 3:54 PM

that's it, I'm going back to Gawker.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 4:25 PM

It wasn't the best Sigur Ros show ever but the new material was very convincing and I'd go again tomorrow and probably the day after. It was the best MSG show I've seen. Sure there were some bugs with the sound but overall they rocked the space about well as I can imagine. Yup, the film stuff was so-so but the music was breathtaking and the band managed to communicate that, hey, this is a stupid stadium show so it's just not going to be intimate but we'll do what we can. At the very least, the video/lights weren't stupid and more than a few people were listening with their eyes closed to the lovely sounds.

Tim Hecker? He. Played. Three. Notes. Three. Slow. Notes. Very. Slowly. He stayed behind the curtain and, well, played three notes. I didn't get it but it didn't have much to do with Sigur Ros.

Posted by paperbagmarlys | March 27, 2013 5:12 PM

best band of all time! :) thank you sigur ros!

spotify playlist of the setlist sans songs from upcoming Kveikur.

Posted by alaina | March 27, 2013 5:35 PM

PAUL BLART MALL FART

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 8:10 PM

Wow! ❤❤❤ love the dream feeling here

Posted by Miainger | September 23, 2014 4:10 PM