Posted in To Do | music on March 25, 2013

Sigur Ros at Osheaga 2012 (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)
Sigur Ros

* Pegi Young & the Survivors, Anthony da Costa @ Joe's Pub
* Reverend Vince Anderson and His Love Choir @ Union Pool
* Yvette, Religious Girls, Eartheater, Mega Yes @ Death By Audio
* Parenthetical Girls, Norwegian Arms, This Is Head @ Glasslands
* Midday Veil, Ghost Box Orchestra, Big Spider's Back @ Cake Shop
* Donots, The Company We Keep, Mister Pagoda @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Keith Harkin, Leif Vollebekk, The Trouble with Templeton @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Thao & The Get Down Stay Down, Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside @ The Bell House
* Softspot, Faun and a Pan Flute, Hello Ocho, Mrs. Adam Schatz, Invisible Dave @ Big Snow

Follow @BrooklynVegan on Twitter.
Follow @bvChicago for just Chicago stuff.
Also follow @bvAustin for just Austin stuff.

Be our friend on Facebook too, and BV Austin's friend on Facebook and BV Chicago's friend on Facebook.

Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.

Captain Murphy (aka Flying Lotus' rap project) made a video for "The Killing Joke." Check it out below.

What else?

Captain Murphy - "The Killing Joke" Official Video

By this time tomorrow morning, people will be praising how awesome Sigur Ros sounded tonight:)

Can't wait!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 25, 2013 10:32 AM

^ ha ha ha ha ha ha
has never been to MSG
kid, I love the energy, let's maybe direct it another way?

Posted by Anonymous | March 25, 2013 10:48 AM

^ HA HA HA you have never been to MSG it seems. ..best sounding arena out there. You are beyond crazy if you think the sound is never good at MSG. Sometime it is sub par but some bands get it right and I bank on it they will.

Posted by Anonymous | March 25, 2013 10:58 AM

just got home - great show!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:06 AM

That show was great. MSG was full and pockets of seats were few and far between.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:34 AM

"MSG ..best sounding arena out there"

You are beyond stupid and inexperienced. Please play in traffic now.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 5:29 AM

MSG has always been a shitty echo box for concerts. You don't really hear it so much on the floor, but anywhere else and you sure as fuck will.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 6:49 AM

You hear it everywhere hate to say. MSG is a terrible place to see a show. Went last night. Bought a ticket outside for 10 bucks on the floor. There were many empty seats. MSG was not full at all. Lots of people selling outside. 2:34 is lying through their teeth. Show was good. Sound was not. If you have seen SIgur Ros before at smaller places then you know this show fell way short as expected.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:05 AM

5:29 ok retard. What is the best arena in the USA to see a show in. If you say none you are not only retarded but close minded. I go see hundreds of bands a year in all types of venues. MSG has potential. so why don't you go play in the ocean with sharks.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:46 AM

^ you are not just a total fuckwad, but you keep pushing your idiocy like a thwarted child. Is that what you are, little man ... a thwarted child? Are you having a tantrum because big mean Anonymous poster calls you out on your delusional bullshit? You really should look at that little fool. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is probably not the first time that you have gotten such feedback. OK, you are clearly mad, so maybe take a day and think it over? Either way, go the fuck away from here because your delusion is not adding to the conversation. um kay?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:54 AM

Pussy fight! Internet fight! Yeah!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:57 AM

^holy shit please don't tell me retards like this exist. NOTHING can be good in an arena because I am a Brooklyn hipster. NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE FUN! Keep up your delusions Ohio dude. You are too hip for the rest of us. Also by the way go to a doctor and clear the WAX from your ear.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:57 AM

"I go see hundreds of bands a year"

I will GUARANTEE that I see more shows in a year than you, and have seen more in my life than you in yours. Your statement is inaccurate - MSG is a lousy place to see live music. Great for hoops, hockey, boxing, but unless you are in the front half of the floor you are going to be swallowed by echo and standing tones.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:57 AM

^I would go head to head with you asswipe. I have seen a minmum 75 shows a year since 1996. Ok your turn? When did you move from Ohio 2008. Ok Lets say you have seen 150 a year since 2008...I still win!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 7:59 AM

wow what a crazy fuck! yeah the garden is great if you like t5 and listen to mp3s exclusively.

it's great as long as you have no real care for sound.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:00 AM

I saw 107 shows last year. An average of 2 per week. I am born and raised in NYC.

OK, your bio now, dipshit.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:01 AM

7:59 is so mad
Why you so mad bro?
Are you a Dolan?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:02 AM

^how many shows have you seen at the garden? Yeah Garden sucks if you go to the z100 holiday concert.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:03 AM

8:01 ohh 107 shows last year..wow I'm soo impressed. Go back to class Junior. So you started seeing concerts last year and your up to 107. I was at 107 at age 16.

8:02 I'm not mad but I want to get these retards off the board so we can have less clutter. Anyone doesn't agree with you and you have a tantrum,mmmmkay we are not in high school anymore...maybe you are though

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:05 AM

8:01 definition of trust fund baby!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:06 AM

7:57 and 8:01 are REASONS we need to register users on this site. No way these idiots would continue to post this non-sense if they were somewhat accountable!

Posted by Come on now, seriously? | March 26, 2013 8:13 AM

8:01 is the type who buys a yellow porsche with mom and dads money and has a small dick. But still sees 107 shows a year...Proud of you son.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:14 AM

I violated my own rule. I told myself I would not argue on BV with any more hipster asshole know-it-all pricks anymore, and here I went and did just that.

Worse off, this twat is soooo mad now, and I would really rather spend my time around people that are more constructive with their energy.

So, you win asswipe dufus. You want to think I'm a trust fund kid, you go right on ahead. Now you are wrong on two fronts. Anyone that actually goes to see shows in MSG will tell you it's an echobox, but you just had your first beer and mom is over her new lover's family place in Maryland for Passover, so you get to rant anonymously all day.

Eat a bag of dicks, little man. I'm out.

And your still wrong.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:17 AM

LOL @ people that like to see shows in arenas

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:19 AM

8:17 I am wrong on two fronts...you are wrong on about five. But pat yourself on the back. You are so smart. In the history of the concert world there has NEVER been a good sounding show at MSG. If you believe that then I got a bridge to sell you.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:22 AM

@813
you first, hypocrite

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:23 AM

^notice how 8:13 put a name on his post..Wow the stupidity never ends!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:24 AM

8:23 and 8:17 not the sharpest tools in the shed but tools non the less.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:31 AM

Hey everyone, check out 8:05 our very own civil servant taking it upon herself to keep BV free from "retards".

This guy thinks he's Paul Blart, Mall Cop.

Hey Paul, how's the crime fighting going today? You seem like you're taking things kiiiiinda personally.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:44 AM

^oh the irnony. I thought you were done arguing and told some dude to eat a bag of dicks.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:45 AM

oh great, jackassery. in any case, awesome show that sounded good on the floor

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:05 AM

^I thought if you ask everyone they would say msg sounds like an echobox!?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:09 AM

LOL @ Paul Blart mall cop. That's hilarious, and kinda true.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:10 AM

^and it is kind of true that you're an idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:13 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop thinks everyone posting here is the same person.

Paul Blart Mall Cop only has a flashlight for protection.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:13 AM

^wow you have a wild imagination...who said anything?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:13 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop takes things so personally

Paul Blart Mall Cop so angry

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:14 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha
Paul Blart Mall Cop

Perfect.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:14 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop thinks no way can concert be good at MSG. Paul Blart moved from Ohio with mum and dads money to Williamsburg. Paul Blart likes his starbucks and Iphone and thinks he is hip because he never been to MSG.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:15 AM

Paul Blart just moved to the big city last year. Paul just saw 107 concerts! Wow big city, music. Paul Blart has not cleaned his ears out in years.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:16 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop gonna keep BV safe from cretins that ruin his fantasy of MSG concert excellence.

Paul Blart Mall Cop needs to find a life. Away from the mall. In Ohio. Living in mom's basement.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:16 AM

Paul Blart wants to eat a bag of dicks..

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:16 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop so angry!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Paul Blart Mall Cop steaming!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:17 AM

Perfect! Paul Blart loves the garden because the sound is so AWESOME!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:18 AM

WOW WE FOUND THE 2 PEOPLE who actually saw PAUL BLART! This guy who has seen Paul Blart is an expert on the concert expierence. I trust you buddy. You must know music and venues you saw Paul Blart.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:18 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop likes mall music like Ke$ha, Adele, Green Day and Avril Levign

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:19 AM

9:18 (1) if you read..which you don't above poster on the top of the thread said once in awhile MSG gets the sound right. but twist words...why are you so angry?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:19 AM

Paul Blart was great on King Of Queens. Are you still a fatty, Paul Blart?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:19 AM

Paul Blart Mall Cop sooooooooo angry GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Everyone laughs hysterically @ Paul Blart. Cause he's a fat shit. And fat is funny, everyone knows that. (just like everyone knows that the sound is shitty in MSG).

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:21 AM

Ups, time to prep for my 9:30. Bye Bye Paul Blart Mall Cop. Keep the shopping isles of BV safe for us all (even though we never asked you to). LOL @ you, Paul Blart.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:22 AM

^Are you leaving for real this time! Thank you! You told me an hour ago you were done and to eat a bag of dicks!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:23 AM

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:31 AM

Sound was great (I was close to the stage)! Setlist was similar to night before. Mostly full show.. Props to Sigur good night!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 9:44 AM

holy shit this blowhard makes my brain hurt. msg is a hockey rink, a basketball pit, not a concert hall. sure it's iconic due to the city that it's in, but to say that shows sound "great" in msg is just the height of stupidity.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 10:22 AM

^say someone who wasn't there...who is stupid?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 10:28 AM

10:22 two times you said you were leaving. Just go now. You add nothing to the conversation. We get it MSG sucks...now leave and let people who were at the show or interested in it have an adult conversation.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 10:30 AM

I was right in the front of GA and it sounded great. I'm sure anywhere else wasn't great but it's certainly not as horrible as it's made out to be. And it was very packed, not entirely but there wasn't an abundance of empty seats.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 10:50 AM

"Did anyone actually see Sigur Ros last night? BESIDES these two idiots arguing above?"

Pretty hilariously pathetic running Paul Blart fight. Yes 9:31, I was at the show last night. You can see my comment at 7:05 right before the pussy fight exploded. If you know and care about sound then no the sound was not very good last night even up close. I mean if you have no standards or quality control then yeah it was great. If you have seen the band before in better smaller places then the show fell short as was expected. Oh and not sure what the blind 9;44 and 10:50 guys are seeing but there were plenty of empty seats around the arena and tickets were had for very cheap outside. I got a floor GA for $10.

So now that the big show is done and it was not sold out and not as good, it's time for the boys to come back and play somewhere smaller. Just not a band that should be in a crappy arena

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 11:49 AM

I loved Manhattan Center. That show was everything I think I could have ever hoped for out of SR - sound, intimacy, whole experience.

I would go back for another run there.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 12:06 PM

1030 i wrote 1022. u need to calm down bra. that was my first post. chillax, bra.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 12:07 PM

Thanks 11:49. Nice to see an honest review on here.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 12:29 PM

12:29 you like talking to yourself? 11:49=troll and lying through your teeth.

Thanks for proving my point

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 12:46 PM

oh there was a point? i'm sure it's clear in your crazy mind

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 12:58 PM

^Shut the fuck up you imbecile. I made the comment at 11:49 and 7:05 and that was it. Lying? Yeah keep thinking that. Everything I wrote is true. Go play in traffic fuckwad.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 12:58 PM

Go play in traffic...I notice that was used by others posters too..maybe you wrote that one too?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:00 PM

12:58 U mad bro!

Posted by lol | March 26, 2013 1:00 PM

12:58 burned...and looks like an idiot...called out..go play in traffic..whoops blew your cover...only wrote two post hours apart but quick to respond...f5 f5

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:01 PM

For the dude that hates MSG what is your stake in this argument? What are you gaining besides showing your ingnorance and close mindedness to everyone. If you hate MSG don't go. They don't need your money.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:04 PM

another question for the dude that hates msg (7:05 and 11:49)...why did you see Sigur Ros there if you knew it would suck?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:09 PM

11:49/7:05 here. Yeah i'm the only person who hates MSG. Do you idiots even realize how incredibly stupid you sound when you say comments you don't like are all the work of 1 person?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:37 PM

^You're funny. Never said you are the only one who hates MSG. You can hate it that is your right.

What I asked is why did you go if you hate MSG?

Also, What is the best sounding arena in the county?

Also, What are you gaining by stating your position several times a day.

All questions which you have not answered.

Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:39 PM

^best sounding in the country that is

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:39 PM

Sorry,continued from my above comment because BV was censoring words.

In response to 1:09, I went anyway because I love them and I had nothing else going on that night and I paid 10 bucks. For that amount it could be the worst show ever and it still would not be a loss. Even with the not good sound it was still worth it for what I paid. Further, I did not state my position several times a day. I made a comment at 7:05 and then someone asked later if anyone besides the pussy fighters actually went to the show so i answered them.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:42 PM

In response to you asking about the best sounding arena in the country, that is akin to asking what chain other than Olive Garden makes the best Italian food. Arenas are not good venues sound wise for concerts.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:44 PM

^You need to get out more. What a close minded view that proves your stupidity. Although an arena isn't ideal for a concert depending on the band, equipment and soundman you can transfor a show as best you can. Springsteen (Like him or not) for example always has a clear live show. Why? $$$

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:54 PM

1:44 has never left Manhattan! Congrats

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 1:57 PM

1:44 holy shit the hight of stupidity! Go play in traffic!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:02 PM

1:44 is the post of the day. Ain't that right, Paul Blart Mall Cop? Hey Paul, gimme that flashlight I need to find my row

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:34 PM

ah 2:34 must have just got out of high school for the day! Welcome back Junior!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 2:38 PM

^ thanks Paul Blart Mall Cop, for proving once again just how fucking retarded you are.

Go chase some kids on your Segway, you mall cop.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 8:57 PM

i'm glad

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2013 11:28 PM

PAUL SAD NO ONE LIKES HIM

8:57 Thanks again for proving what a retard you are by talking about a movie no one likes or probably even saw but you thought it was halarious because you have a great sense of humor.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:09 AM

Can this loser Paul Blart fanatic take his sad party elsewhere. Stop mucking up the board.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2013 9:14 AM