Posted in music on April 2, 2013

by Bill Pearis

IMAGE

Vampire Weekend have announced that their sold-out April 28 show at Roseland Ballroom will be webcast live on YouTube and directed by longtime Brooklynite and current Boardwalk Empire star Steve Buscemi. It's part of the American Express Unstaged series that previously paired Werner Herzog with The Killers. Bassist Chris Baio told Rolling Stone:

Growing up, I was a huge Sopranos fan and one of my favorite episodes is 'The Pine Barrens,' which he directed. Also, I just realized this morning he directed the 'Leap Day' episode of 30 Rock last year; that's one of my favorites. I feel safe in his hands.
This goes a ways to explaining events of the last couple days which some thought was just elaborate April Fools Day shenanigans. Friday, the band posted on their Instagram feed a picture of Buscemi holding up a copy of the NY Post's story on the band's SAAB-burning controversy. Then on Sunday (3/31), Buscemi and Vampire Weekend walked in the NYC Easter Parade together, with Buscemi singing a version of their single "Diane Young," Rudy Vallee style through a megaphone. Turns out it's just a bit of fun with new style marketing.

Vampire Weekend's Modern Vampires of the City is out May 7. Video of Buscemi's Easter Parade "Diane Young" performance, such as it is, below...

Whatever, Steve.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 10:43 AM

thanks for posting about this instead of the phoenix presale - GA tix in my pocket what what

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 10:54 AM

^got your maxwell tixs? ;)

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 10:59 AM

phoenix blows wang chung

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:03 AM

Yeah 10:54, no one is jealous or envious of you that you got GA tickets for their big stadium show. That is why BV did not post about it. No one gives a shit. Sorry you missed getting tickets for the really special show at the Apollo.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:06 AM

Apollo is a stadium compared to Maxwells

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:07 AM

In all seriousness Apollo sucks for concerts if you are not in the Orchestra or first 2 rows of Balcony

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:10 AM

GA barclay's is better than your apollo tix fo sho; balcony overhang on that place is a beast. and the venue just isnt that great, more historic than actually good w/r/t sound/sightlines

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:16 AM

Agree with you @11:10 but anywhere in the Apollo is still better than Barclay's Again no one gives a shit that this tool above got tickets to the stadium show. They get today's award for most clueless idiot on BV.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:17 AM

shut the fuck up donnie

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:19 AM

i can't believe there were 9 completely worthless comments before a lebowski reference

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:21 AM

Guy calling someone a clueless idiot who thinks Barclay's is a stadium.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:22 AM

Stadium/arena who cares. It still sucks and is no reason to crow about getting tickets to.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:25 AM

GA barclays is great. anyone who has been would know this - they don't oversell GA like MSG, so its very easy to get to the front without any sort of pushing/hassle.

plus the venue is a fauxrena - holds like 10,000 people probably, super small.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:28 AM

angry bv commenters are my favs

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:29 AM

MORE TOP HATS!

Posted by CEO OF THE TOP HAT INDUSTRY(!) | April 2, 2013 11:40 AM

all of your phoenix tickets won't mean anything in a few days, trust me.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:48 AM

"holds like 10,000 people probably, super small."

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 11:48 AM

"Please tell me you realize how unbelievably stupid you are making that comment. GA in an Arena/Stadium sucks. Guessing you also think Terminal 5 is a really great place to see a show"

I've seen many shows at both venues, and would take GA Barclay's over anything other than first 15 rows at the Apollo any day, for most acts.

Try going to the venue before forming an opinion, GA in Barclay's is the only 'GA in an arena' that is actually great, because the place isn't really an arena; it's small as hell. Prudential/MSG/IZOD are pathetic.

hell, i'd rather have GA barclay's than GA terminal 5 or GA roseland

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:09 PM

@1209 dude, don't provoke the angry guy in the vampire weekend/phoenix threads; he is scary-weird, not funny-weird, and destroys comment threads. only a bit longer until we start getting manifestos in this bitch.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:11 PM

barclays center holds a lot more than 10,000. maybe you're not counting the 200s.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:11 PM

19,000 for concerts..close to 10,000...only 90% off

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:12 PM

Darnit, you guys are right. I guess I'll just sell these GA tickets for 3x face. My morning is ruined.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:17 PM

^BWAHAHAHAHAH you would be lucky to get face even now in the game

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:21 PM

I don't understand all the MSG hate. I went to the Passion Pit / Matt & Kim show there and the sound and sightlines were fantastic. I also saw some Cirque du Soleil shit there once, which was super tight. I'd imagine Barclays is just as good, possibly better.

Posted by Brandon | April 2, 2013 12:23 PM

What's a … pederast, Walter?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:24 PM

"^BWAHAHAHAHAH you would be lucky to get face even now in the game"

what planet do you live on, really

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:26 PM

Obviously GA tickets to Phoenix's arena shows will sell for above face. This usually applies to pretty much anyone playing a stadium/arena that can sell over half the venue. Even Passion Pit GA tickets at MSG were surprisingly profitable, which shocked me.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:30 PM

^Earth apparently. Thinking you would get 3x face for these tickets puts you on Pluto or Mars. Unless of course you happen to be one fo the fake "scalpers" on here claiming they all make tons off these tickets.

@12:12, thanks for shoving real numbers in that dummies face.

@12:11, hopefully a bit sooner that we rid this place of morons who think any comment they don't jibe with is all the work of one person. The height of idiocy

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:33 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:34 PM

They don't just suck at math 12:34, they have no fucking clue as to what they are talking about.

Like this statement:

"Obviously GA tickets to Phoenix's arena shows will sell for above face. This usually applies to pretty much anyone playing a stadium/arena that can sell over half the venue"

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:39 PM

"@12:23, You lost me after you said you went to Passion Pit/Matt & Kim. After that nothing you have to say is worth anything"

>>I didn't say I went to Passion Pit/Matt & Kim. I said the tickets were profitable. If anything, that means I didn't go (aka I bought and sold tickets).

"UMM hello tickets are $62 after TM...to get 3 times face would have to sell for $186 on Craigslist and about $210 a ticket on ebay or stubhub to clear 3 times...you people SUCK at math!"

You also seem to forget that last time Phoenix played a stadium show, they were joined by Daft Punk (who have a new album coming out and will most likely be touring at the same time). Not saying I have insider info, but worth a thought.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:40 PM

if you think your phoenix GA tix wont be worth face come october, please sell them to me. i will gladly pay face. email available upon request, although i'm guessing none of you actually have tix.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:41 PM

Shins tickets seem expensive to everyone this year that buys them. Can I buy some for $40 or is that worth it? Can someone get me them for $60?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:43 PM

Yes, 12:30, sorry but that comment you made was just wrong and stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:43 PM

">>Yes, I will be able to sell these tickets for $200+ on stubhub in two months. Feel free to laugh now, don't give a shit. Worst case scenario, I only make a hundred or so bucks profit. I sold a pair of GA Passion Pit/MK tickets at MSG for over $200, and they suck. Phoenix is actually decent."

Sure you did and sure you will. People, if you believe this clown troll then I have some land to sell you in scenic downtown Baghdad.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:45 PM

^Hey that land in Baghdad is worth three times face now that Sadaam is gone and the war is over!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:46 PM

This is that band that had that song in the cadallaic commercial right?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:47 PM

Haha like I care if you believe me. I'm profiting, and you're sitting there all pissed and pouting. Go check the Stubhub sales records for any arena show if you know how; it's all written there.

Lastly, if you are so confident that Phoenix tickets will be below face come October, you could short-sell the entire GA section on SH and make literally tens of thousands of dollars. But you won't do that, because you aren't sure despite all your shit-talking(and probably know that you're wrong).

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:50 PM

^Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, Postal Service...all going or all went for under half. You said check all arena shows.. but Pheonix ok whatever dude

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:52 PM

^Uh huh. I, and everyone else who has half a brain is just laughing at you.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:53 PM

^sold neil young at MSG and barclay's for 2x face (which was a lot since tickets were 90-125 face).

postal service, no shit, but even there you had a window to pick up 2x face for about 2 days (that was risky as hell though bc they should be playing f-ing merc lounge, i didn't buy that nonsense)

leonard cohen played like 2 shows in a row which were overshadowed heavily by the 12/12/12 concert, that's an exception. didn't even try to sell that shit, but i'm sure records show sales for 2x face during the week after initial onsale. this shit isn't rocket science, it's supply and demand in its most base form.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:55 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:57 PM

"Recently had a great laugh at you and the other trolls expense as I walked into the Sigur Ros show with a ticket I bought for 20 dollars. That was of course after the trolls said they were making 3x and 4x face for those."

Yeah, um anyone who knows how to make money knows that you need to sell tickets in peak hype time (i.e. within a week after the general onsale sells out) instead of waiting until the day of the f-ing show. I do online sales, I'm not the guy waiting outside the show in a bubble jacket.

and sigur ros was beyond profitable; GA tix were $300 right after it sold out. and yes, i made money off that. maybe you made money off the guy who i made money off of, after he realized he couldn't go and tried to sell his ticket. I made over $800 on that show, and still went (bought GA day of when i saw tehy were going for $50).

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:57 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:58 PM

"OH MY GOSH the dude is right. 2 tickets sold for GA on Stubhub for Pheonix. They guy made $20 after fees!!! HOLY CRAP he is rich!"

tickets don't start selling until the general onsale sells out, guy. again, this isn't rocket science - it's basic supply/demand.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:59 PM

12:57 sure hoss..Sigur Ros at Prospect hardly got above $100 but you got $300..ok

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 12:59 PM

SIGUR ROS AT PROSPECT
Your price

$104.99

Quantity

x 4

Total sale

$419.96

Commission

- $62.99

Your payment

$356.97

Soo yeah i guess i only made ~$150 on the prospect show, i am such an idiot for investing in that and taking the 3-5 minutes to fedex tickets to geniuses paying 2x face.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:00 PM

smart guy

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:02 PM

Real scalpers don't come on BV and post comments. This fake scalper troll is a total idiot. Look at him raging to let everyone know all the money he makes. Clown fuckhead. Go away. Keep telling everyone all the money you are making.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:02 PM

jesus fuck, guy; why don't you just go on stubhub and look at the sale prices for sigur ros at MSG - you will see 10-20 tickets that sold for above $300. not very complicated to find the information proving you're wrong.

feel free to show me your photoshopped price list, though, if you wanna keep this conversation going and act like you're right.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:03 PM

Bwahahahaha, hey look im a real scalper I can type out a fake reciept @1:00

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:04 PM

Madonna AT Yankee Stadium Your price

$4.99

Quantity

x 4

Total sale

$19.96

Commission

- $2.99

Your payment

$16.97

Soo yeah i guess i only lost ~$600 on the show, i am such an idiot for investing in that.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:04 PM

"Hey it is 12:59 here..1:00 you just proved my point Sigur at Prospect went for $100 and you are saying MSG was $300 a ticket...

smart guy"

I didn't prove any point. Sigur Ros at Prospect went for $104.99; GA for Sigur Ros at MSG went for $300+ at the right time. MSG GA tickets have a certain appeal that prospect doesnt (i.e. guaranteed proximity to stage, located in Manhattan, indoors, historical value).

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:04 PM

i mean, dude, i sold 2 ga tickets to the xx at hammerstein for $300/ticket last month, so anything's possible. people pay stupid amounts of money for stuff everyday.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:05 PM

^HOLY CRAP did you just say that!

guaranteed proximity to stage, located in Manhattan, indoors, historical value

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:05 PM

furthest back at prospect is probably closer then furthest back at MSG GA

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:06 PM

I made 6 times face on National at Beacon even with 6 shows...people are cuckoo

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:07 PM

The fake scalper trolls have taken over the building. It's a free for all.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:08 PM

in all seriousness best I ever sold was 10x face for Weezer at Roseland back a bunch of years ago...

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:09 PM

Real professional ticket scalpers don't waste time posting comments on BV. That is all you need to know about the trolls above.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:12 PM

You guys are all pathetic weirdos. Every single one of you.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:16 PM

Most of the time your unhappy...you're a weirdo. And before the introduction ends there is someone feeling sorry for themselves.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:17 PM

Phoenix guys just shut up - invest if you're so sure.

guy who thinks they aren't worth face - short sell it and make money

other guy - list your tix for 3x face and see what happens. hell buy more and sell more

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:29 PM

I sold over 10x face for wavves at shea stadium next week, personal record.

although the multiplier doesn't matter insofar as its relevance to actual ticket cost. only sold 12/12/12 for 2.5 face but still made thousands bc of prices.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:32 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:39 PM

"^You were the guy who sold 2 at $200! Congrats! Who in their right mind would pay that! I never saw that coming!"

dude, tell me about it. and that applies to half the shit i sell on stubhub - people are ridiculous, really. you just need to hit at the right time when people are getting antsy (usually when there are no tickets available on stubhub).

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 1:59 PM

personal best was $450/ticket for a conversation betweeen Henry Rollins and Damien Echols at the public library a few months back ($15 face after NYPL member discount).

so that was like... almost 30x face.

and yes, i know that's beyond ridiculous, especially since the event was being livestreamed via webcast.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:03 PM

Best I remember Amy Winehouse at Joe's/Highline and Arctic Monkeys at Mercury...anyone get in on those

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:08 PM

jay-z book signing/conversation at NYPL two years ago. face was $55 and sold my +1 for $1,000.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:08 PM

2:03 you just blew my socks off!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:09 PM

amy winehouse at highline was insane re: prices. i missed out on that one, but remember seeing the numbers (when i considered buying a ticket on stubhub for a millisecond before seeing them)

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:09 PM

Thanks trolls for making a mundane afternoon somewhat enjoyable.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:11 PM

@209 you're telling me. i just sat at home with a fatty and watched the livestream. people are really really dumb, especially the people who shop on stubhub.

i feel like a lot of stubhub buyers are the wall street set who don't really care about money, or regard it in the same way as normal people, and thus spend it like idiots.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:11 PM

Miley Cyrus was dope back in the day

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:12 PM

"Pathetic and hilarious. At this point it's just lying fake scalper trolls commenting to each other. Fun to watch though.

Thanks trolls for making a mundane afternoon somewhat enjoyable."

I hope you realize we are all telling the truth. I don't really feel like proving these points - just wanted to let you know you are literally laughing to yourself psychotically while the rest of us are participating in logical discourse and exchanging stories.

You can feel free to leave this conversation at any time.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:13 PM

@213 forget him

NIN farewell tour was pretty niceeee $$$-wise too. if you got bowery, that was a quick $1,000+. i think i sold my webster tix for $650 per.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:15 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:21 PM

"@2:13 sure you are. You realize that no one actually believes you because they know the truth. At this point the only people responding to you in agreement are other lying idiots like yourself who have no life. See the funny thing is troll, is that I actually have a friend who works at a ticket reseller. I texted him with a link to this post and he texted me back laughing at you as well. But don't let me stop you ticket reseller mogul. Keep on with the other trolls regaling us with stories of all the money you make scalping."

hahaha dude if your ticket seller friend laughed at this post, then he can't sell for shit since we are apparently doing better than him. you really think we're just making up all these shows and ticket prices? you're so veinnnnnn

no one is trolling anyone - we are all talking to each other while you randomly interject calling bullshit and contributing jackshit other than angry hate crap. keep it up, though.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:31 PM

Radiohead Roseland..that was off the chain!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:33 PM

radiohead roseland was good but not too crazy, that was like 4x face. still pretty nice since 4x face = like $200 profit per ticket, though.

fiona apple at bowery/mhow was good, like 7x face at the right time (think i sold one for 325, one for 215). same with the first shows by the weeknd - get that hype money, son

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:35 PM

Arcade Fire was good early on..Judson Church?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:38 PM

This thread should be changed to "today we want to hear from lying troll scalpers"

Wait I will play along.

Yo, you know what I made tons of money on. I sold 2 tickets to Morrissey at Bowery Ballroom for 1000 each. Stupid Morrissey fanatics. I made a bundle off of them.

Cmon people, join in, Add to the lying nonsense

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:42 PM

^someone is pissed they were late to the game!

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:45 PM

@242 continue your idiot parade.

arcade fire at judson was ridiculous, although i didn't have the pleasure of possessing tickets to that baby. mostly bc the main site crashed like kraftwerk (hence the demand).

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:45 PM

^Im still in the que for Kraftwerk ;)

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:46 PM

I sold 2 for Kraftwerk for $800 a piece.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:48 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:49 PM

i didn't get above $550/ticket for kraftwerk, but i did have 5 pairs of tickets across the several nights so i made a shitload (THANK YOU ROLLING STONE TWITTER CONTEST, I CANNOT EXPRESS THAT ENOUGH - that was beyond easy to game, they let you send names for the tickets 4 hours later, thus giving you 4 hours to find a buyer/name)

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 2:58 PM

"Crazy to believe but the Godspeed church shows I made a bundle off of. Around 3x face for that one was easy."

i feel like you can usually make decent $ off any show in a church, just because of the venue.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:00 PM

kraftwerk was hilarious - demand was so high bc they only sold like 60 tickets to each night. the rest were given out through contests held by rolling stone and volkswagon that were realllyyyyyyyy easy to win if you gave it even half your best, but the contests seemed to float under the radar.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:03 PM

You do know you all make lawyers look principled, right?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:05 PM

These are all liars and bullshit artists with no clue. Furthering on the point, the troll @2:58 just killed himself with that Rolling Stone Kraftwerk lie. My best friend actually won through the twitter contest and what this idiot said was totally false. 4 hours to give a name bahahahahaha. They demanded the name of you and who you are bringing right away. You could not wait at all. Not only that, my friend when she won asked if she could put the ticketholder name as mine and they said no way. The name had to be the name on the twitter that won. They were super strict

Good night lying trolls. Have fun with your bullshit

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:07 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:14 PM

most cunty brooklyn vegan lying comments ever to be exact.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:15 PM

"My best friend actually won through the twitter contest and what this idiot said was totally false. 4 hours to give a name bahahahahaha. They demanded the name of you and who you are bringing right away. You could not wait at all. Not only that, my friend when she won asked if she could put the ticketholder name as mine and they said no way. The name had to be the name on the twitter that won. They were super strict"

When you won, they would send you a DM saying 'you are waiting in the queue' and then another one with a name prompt 1-2 hours later. Also, if you knew how to game the contest, you could find the buyers names before the contest even started, thus having their names on hand for when you were DM'd since winning the contest was a guarantee if you knew how to play it. Again, eye roll.

Have you ever heard of a contest where you need to provide your name immediately upon being asked? No, because that makes absolutely no sense. Very few people check their messages frequently enough for that to be effective. Just use your brain.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:17 PM

"Thank you 2 trolls, or maybe the same guy, @2:58 and @3:00pm. I made the Kraftwerk and Godspeed comments above yours and I was lying through my teeth and making it up. Thanks for playing along."

he didn't even play along, he actually disagreed. you said you sold kraftwerk for 800 and he said he only got 550. make of that what you will.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:18 PM

"You do know you all make lawyers look principled, right?"

well that's a gross generalization. lawyers actually have one of the most logically sound set of principles, whcih is essentially what people have a problem with.

the logic of the law can easily conflict with personal desire or human emotion, i.e. when the law says your wife gets all your money, even though you think this is morally corrupt. this is why you think lawyers are bad people. because they follow abstract codes rather than subjective emotion.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:22 PM

"When you won, they would send you a DM saying 'you are waiting in the queue' and then another one with a name prompt 1-2 hours later."

Sorry bub, nice try

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:24 PM

I don't think anyone on here has lied about the prices that they sold said tickets for, except for the person above who is self-admittedly lying for the sake of throwing off the conversation or trying to prove a point.

And I'm sure some people did make decent money of Godspeed You Black Emperor! at Judson Church, even though I refused to touch that show with a ten foot pole, because YOU CAN MAKE MONEY OFF ANYTHING IF YOU CAN PREDICT CHANGE IN VALUE; common sense.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:26 PM

Thanks for outing yourself 3:22. Now go eat a bag of dicks, fool.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:28 PM

"Bwahaha, tripping all over yourself with lies now. There was no queue you moron for the Rolling Stone Kraftwerk twitter contest. There was a queue if you tried to buy tickets when they went onsale. For the Rolling Stone tickets, you tweeted something to the effect of "My fave song on this album is___ Please RS take me to Kraftwerk" If you won they direct messaged you to tell you and then asked for the guests name and had your name that was on your twitter page down as the ticketholder. It was all done immediately.

Sorry bub, nice try"

The first DM sent to you was a message saying 'You are waiting in the queue...' after they followed you back. It was a hat-tip to the Showclix debacle, and a tease before they let you know in plain writing that you were a winner.

You clearly did not win the contest, dude, because they sent that to me every one of the 5 times I won. Maybe you participated, but the 'you are waiting in the queue' DM would be clear in your memory if you had.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:29 PM

"Thanks for outing yourself 3:22. Now go eat a bag of dicks, fool."

Outing myself as what, exactly? An employed person?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:30 PM

"If you won they direct messaged you to tell you and then asked for the guests name and had your name that was on your twitter page down as the ticketholder. It was all done immediately."

this is also a lie, as i won from 3x twitter accounts that did not contain my name in the profile, and i was prompted by RS to give my name as it appears on my ID (these were clone accounts i had made for buyers)

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:31 PM

VAMPIRE WEEKEND AT THE EASTER PARADE WOOOOOO

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:32 PM

"this comment thread is up there for "most cunty brooklyn vegan comments ever". i hope i remember during awards season. shit, now i'm doing it!"

at this point even i agree, despite being a heavy participant.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:33 PM

Been following this thread today with some amusement. I do have to say though that the person making the comment at 3:24 is exactly right.

I also won Kraftwerk tickets through the magazine and there was no queue. The contest was 8 days, 1 for each day. When I won they sent me a DM right away telling me I won and I had to reply back quickly. When I did they sent me another DM stating the rules and then asking for guest's name. I believe that there were plenty of people talking about this on various message boards at the time so if someone wanted they can do a google search and see.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:34 PM

@334 so you're trying to tell me with a straight face that you won the RS twitter contst for kraftwerk and they never sent you a 'You are waiting in the queue...' DM. Go check your twitter messages, dude. or your memory.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:35 PM

i45.tinypic.com/2cf9vk3.jpg

you can all shut up now

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:38 PM

Thanks 3:34, I made the comment at 3:24. I know these fucks @ 3:21 and 3:31 are lying. Like you said, there were tons of people on the net talking about it when it happened. Nothing like these idiots said. Hey let them prove it then since they are so truth telling. Twitter saves all DM's lets see them post em. They won't though, you can be sure of it cause they can't

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:39 PM

"i45.tinypic.com/2cf9vk3.jpg

you can all shut up now"

Yeah that proves the fucks were lying. See, when you win and reply, you must provide the name and guest's name. No waiting for 4 hours. It was immediate. There was no queue, that was Rolling Stones snarky reply to let you know your tweet was received

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:43 PM

@343 no, that was rolling stones hint/tease that you had already won - they don't follow and DM every person who enters the contest, genius.

maybe it wasn't obvious for you since you only won one set of tickets, but this DM meant that you were a winner. made it really easy to sell tix.

so yea, not lying. keep insisting you're right though, i'm gonna leave this one to you and your brain.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:47 PM

It's hard to argue with photo evidence that the "scalper trolls" seem to have in abundance but the "depressed assclown troll-hater" doesn't seem to have any of....

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:48 PM

Don't have a dog in this fight but I don't see anywhere in that picture where it says it is referring to the Kraftwerk show. As proff goes these days, that is pretty flimsy

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:52 PM

Back again here after making the comment at 3:34. I don't know where that proof picture comes from but I never received that. I just looked back at my DM's from then. I just got a DM saying you won and to acknowledge back quickly or they would give the tickets to someone else. When I answered they wrote back a minute later with my name(the name on my twitter) and then asked for my guest's name. Sorry I am not buying what that guy is selling.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 3:58 PM

@358 word, i guess the guy must have spent 10-15 minutes meticulously crafting a fake DM from rolling stone solely for the sake of fooling you.

oh wait, no, he just took a screenshot and you guys are clowns. because I GOT THE SAME DM i48.tinypic.com/4iheyw.jpg

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:11 PM

^You got the same DM. PLease look again nitwit and see that they are in fact different worded replies on the same day. Yeah seems like Rolling Stone would do something like that instead of a standard same worded reply to save time. Please remember next time you comment to look up what clown means in the dictionary. Bet there is a big picture of you there.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:23 PM

@423 so you really think there are people photoshopping DMs right now to prove a point to you? if so, you are actually psychotic.

maybe it wasn't the same DM, but it's 99% the same, and 100% in alignment with the argument opposite yours. are you done?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:27 PM

Just to hammer the point home of the first big lie from the troll about Kraftwerk. From Rolling Stones URL here http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/enter-for-a-chance-to-see-kraftwerk-retrospective-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-20120404

"Each day's giveaway will begin at 2 p.m. Eastern and end at 3 p.m. Eastern"

then in the contest rules part

"Winner must allow @Rollingstone to “follow” Winner on Twitter so that Sponsor can contact Winner via a direct message"
"Winner must respond to @Rollingstone by 5:00:00 PM ET on the date notified as Winner with their full name, guest full name, and valid email addresses for both Winner and guest"

Further translation, these trolls above are lying.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:31 PM

"Translation, there was no queue, seems like possibly some people got that snarky cute response as a way to say they won and some people just got a DM saying they won. Either way, the contest ended by 3, they let winners know starting at 4 each day and then they had till 5 to give in the info.

Although In most cases, people i spoke to at the show who won, you had to give your info right away and the ticketholder name had to be the one on the twitter account that won. Basically no 4 hour time limit and these tickets were not able to be scalped."

Obviously there was no 'queue' - clearly that was just an inside joke from RS to Kraftwerk fans given the ticket fiasco days earlier.

Also an hour is plenty of time to find a buyer - that is hardly the same as 'you immediately had to provide your name.' And they didn't give away your tickets if you didn't respond before 5pm; I know from experience.

That being said, I'm leaving this thread. This place is horrible.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:51 PM

Do none of you guys have jobs, or what?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:57 PM

This place is horrible but that is as a result of the rampant lying trolls. Registering with your info to be able to comment would do away with this. Bet if they had that you would have none of this crap.

Yes they did say if you did not respond pretty quickly they would give the tickets to someone else. I know when I won they asked for my information right away. The night i went we met a few people on the line to get in who also won and they said the same thing. So the 1 hour thing was not really adhered to. They wanted the info and they wanted it quickly specifically to combat people scalping. The RS twitter tickets were not the ones being scalped.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:58 PM

if any of you went to any of these shows, or followed them through the sold-out mayhem, you would know the scalper stories above could easily be true. very easily.

and some of them are obviously true (NIN, wavves, etc.) - who the hell would make up a story about scalping tickets to a discussion between Henry Rollins and Damien Echols at the public library?

y'all seem to forget that trolls use minimal effort. they ain't gonna spend hours making fake shit to troll you, it's just as easy to write a single-sentence post that'll do as much damage.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:58 PM

"The RS twitter tickets were not the ones being scalped."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha okay.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 4:59 PM

Trolls for the most part are losers with no life. That is why they troll cause they have nothing else going on. So the idea that they use minimal effort or won't go to lengthy tactics does not hold water.

Is it true that tickets get scalped? Sure. Is it the level or amount these liars say? For the most part, no.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:04 PM

""The RS twitter tickets were not the ones being scalped."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha okay"

Yeah in between the laughter keep telling everyone how you had 4 hours or so to the get info in and scalp

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahah okay.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:06 PM

RS KRAFTWERK TWITTER DESTRUCTION FOR DUMMIES

Step 1. Make 60 twitter accounts

Step 2. Advertise kraftwerk tix on craigslist

Step 3. Find buyers in advance willing to go to any show, make Excel chart

Step 4. Enter contest from 60 twitter accounts for each show, one show/contest per day for a week or so (i think there were 7 or 8 total)

Step 5. Every time you get a winning DM, you send them the name/email from someone on your excel sheet and cross them off. Send that person a paypal invoice.

Step 6. Profit

Everyone was doing it. In my honest opinion, over 70% of scalped tickets to Kraftwerk came from the RS Twitter contest, because that was the only way you could get ahold of a full pair and put it under someone else's name. I personally didn't bother with the VW .gif contest bc Rolling Stone was practically giving them away if you knew how to game the system, so idk how the VW contest panned out. True story, and sorry if it bums you out.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:06 PM

"Let there be a registration for commenting here and watch the trolls with their lies suddenly dissapear."

Or perhaps the person constantly accusing people of being lying trolls, all-the-while having no evidence to prove such, would suddenly disappear.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:07 PM

"RS KRAFTWERK TWITTER DESTRUCTION FOR DUMMIES"

the fact that you all needed this six-step plan written out for you to understand how people managed to scalp kraftwerk tix from rolling stones twitter contest is pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:09 PM

The fact that it is a bunch of lies and never happened is what is really pathetic.

"Everyone was doing it. In my honest opinion, over 70% of scalped tickets to Kraftwerk came from the RS Twitter contest, because that was the only way you could get ahold of a full pair and put it under someone else's name"

Just hilarious and untrue. Again, you could not put it under other people's names. The ticketholder was the name of the twitter account that won and you had to show id for that to get the tickets when you got there. Just so full of shit you are.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:26 PM

"Or perhaps the person constantly accusing people of being lying trolls, all-the-while having no evidence to prove such, would suddenly disappear"

From 2:58pm:
" that was beyond easy to game, they let you send names for the tickets 4 hours later, thus giving you 4 hours to find a buyer/name)"

Now see comment 4:31. Ticket contest entries over at 3. Notify if you won at 4 or later. Have till 5 or earlier to give them names.

Tell me again whose lying?

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:29 PM

This is still going on? Dang.

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 5:50 PM

the only thing that matters is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by Anonymous | April 2, 2013 7:48 PM