Posted in music | pictures on May 24, 2013

photos by Tim Griffin

Paul McCartney @ Frank Erwin Center, Austin, 5/23/2013
Macca

Paul McCartney's Out There tour just swept through Austin with a two-night stand at the Frank Erwin Center and we've got pictures (and setlists) of the pyrotechnic/av/hit-filled extravaganza over at BV Austin.

The former Beatle plays two nights at Barclays Center in a couple weeks and while  the June 8 show appears to be sold out, tickets are still available for June 10.

In other news, McCartney has joined the growing list of musicians supporting the release of incarcerated Pussy Riot member Maria Alyokhina who is currently on a hunger strike. He wrote a letter to Russian officials, saying:

My personal belief is that further incarceration for Maria will be harmful for her and the situation as a whole, which, of course, is being watched by people all over the world. In the great tradition of fair-mindedness which the Russian people (many of whom are my friends) are famous for, I believe that you granting this request would send a very positive message to all the people who have followed this case.
Meanwhile, the classic 1976 live album, Wings Over America, is getting the deluxe box set reissue treatment next week (5/28) with a bonus disc of audio, a DVD featuring a rarely-seen television special, Wings Over the World, a photo booklet and more. The original release was the first  triple album to go to #1 on Billboard's albums chart. You can watch a video "unboxing" the reissue below.

Aren't they suppose to hang that girl or use a shooting squad or guillotine on her? That's what she gets for selling drugs!

Posted by Anonymous | May 24, 2013 4:43 PM

In other news, the Russian mob will be bootlegging Wings Over America

Posted by Anonymous | May 24, 2013 6:58 PM

I hope Sir Paul never finds out what they serve at the restaurant named after his album.

Posted by Anonymous | May 24, 2013 11:29 PM

Russians and fair-minded? Heh?

Posted by Anonymous | May 25, 2013 10:02 PM

Will Paul McCartney either put out new music or get lost already?

Seriously, Wings sucked, sucks, and always will suck, and so do Beatles covers without Lennon, Harrison, and Starr (especially the first two.)

How long will this guy milk The Beatles catalog?

I mean don't get me wrong, I love Paul. My gripe with him is he doesn't put out new music. Put out new music, Paul. No one can tell me he doesn't have a great song or two or three left in him/ Jeez even if he wrote just one epic new song and played the oldies I'd be cool cuz at least he brought a new ditty into the pantheon of greatness.

Posted by D | May 26, 2013 9:59 PM

Really? Your gripe with Paul is that he doesn't put out new music?

Posted by Anonymous | May 27, 2013 2:57 PM

Hello, my name is Brooke i am 24 y.o single now and horny.. anyway I need someone to satisfy my needs!! Feel free to add me on yahoo at girloru873

Posted by Brooke | August 9, 2013 5:18 PM