Posted in music | tour dates on July 31, 2013

The Julie Ruin at Saint Vitus, June 2013 (more by Fred Pessaro)
The Julie Ruin

Ahead of a string of tour dates that include a sold out Bowery Ballroom, The Julie Ruin will play another show, this time at a much much smaller venue than their last! Look for the Kath-combo (Kathleen Hanna/Kathi Wilcox) to play a show at Union Pool on August 8 with support from Petal War. Tickets go on sale August 2 at noon, will set you back $15 a piece and are limited to two per customer.

As discussed, the flurry of activitiy is in celebration of the band's debut LP, Run Fast, due on September 3. Updated tour dates are listed, along with a stream of the album's first single, below.

The Julie Ruin -- 2013 Tour Dates
8/8: Brooklyn, NY @ Union Pool^
9/3: New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom *
9/5: Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer *
9/7: Washington, DC @ Black Cat *
9/12: Portland, OR @ TBA Festival
9/15: Seattle, WA @ Neumo's #
9/17: San Francisco, CA @ Slims #
9/19: Los Angeles, CA @ The Echo #
9/22: San Diego, CA @ Irenic #
11/8-10: Austin, TX @ Fun Fun Fun Fest
^ = w/ Petal War as support
* = w/ Swearin' as support
# = w/ La Sera as support

She was fiercely punky when she was a bit more trim, but her full figure nowadays looks hecka cute.

Posted by Anonymous | July 31, 2013 1:53 PM

I don't think a feminist has ever set foot in Union Pool.

Posted by Regular reader | July 31, 2013 2:47 PM

Kathleen can you help me find a friend of mine that told me he was friends with you his name is Joe Eckert also non as Boxcar Joe. I just want to know he's ok after his dad died. I'm really worried about him , Please let me know . Thank you

Posted by Grace | February 26, 2014 7:10 AM

they are beautiful and are great at what they do, I know them

Posted by MassagemRiodeJaneiro | March 18, 2014 11:43 AM

I dunno. Ive always been a fan of her music, but i wish she would have evolved from LeTigre. This sounds lazy. Maybe my tastes have changed but I thought LeTigre was a step in the right direction, but she kinda took a few steps back with this. It sounds dated :(

Posted by Thomas | March 19, 2014 3:21 PM