Posted in metal | music on July 18, 2013

Quicksand

Earlier this afternoon, Quicksand posted and removed the above photo which clearly shows some sort of studio activity. Is Quicksand recording a new LP? 7-inch? Anything? Maybe it was something the band laid down while at Rubber Tracks?

In the meantime, Quicksand is confirmed for Fun Fun Fun Fest 2013, joining names like the reunion of The Locust, Slayer (or what's left of them), Judge, Television, M.I.A. and more. Tickets are on sale.

Tags: Quicksand

It's probably Walter putting finishing touches on another acoustic album. Those were awful.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2013 4:59 PM

Song looks like it sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2013 5:21 PM

At Echo Project I watched a wookette giving birth during the GZA set. I was just peaking on some 2ci. People were trying to get medical help, but they hadn't arrived. Some other wookette claimed to be a midwife and was coaching the woman through this. Her wook man is standing there shirtless and spun like top, just making these weird sounds while he is crushing his beer can and spraying coors light all over everyone. He looked really anxious about the whole thing, grabbing his face and just making grunts and stuff.
The baby's head starts to crown and the medics still haven't arrived.

This is where it gets crazy...
It was so f***ing dusty out there and the baby and all the surrounding fluids were immediately "muddified" by the blowing dirt. I mean, its f***ing gross. All of a sudden, this f***ing kid (probably 19 or 20) in his oversized neon, flat-brim LRG hat, runs up yelling "welcome to the party bitch!" before he blows a huge plume of smoke right in the baby's face! While the umbilical cord is still attached and shit!

The smell was unmistakeable, this baby had just been deemster'd.

He must have pulled the hit from a bong, b/c it was monstrous. The surrounding crowd dropped their jaws, and someone tackled the kid as he starts to run away. He didn't make it more than 10ft and the he was probably blasting off about now.

The mom is clutching the dirty baby and trying to calm it. Though, strangely, the baby was not crying (tripping balls i guess?).
And while the dude is getting screamed at, the dad suddenly pounces into action. He jumps on the dude, and starts smashing said bisco kid's face with the crushed up beer can, of which he seemingly just can't let go. The bisco kid is kicking and trying to roll out of it and the wook-dad grabs the kid's hair w/ one hand. he finally let the can go and shoves his other hand half way inside the guys mouth. He is pulling his mouth open and RIPS HIS CHEEK OPEN! repeat: rips his f***ing CHEEK OPEN!

there is blood everywhere and the dude lets out this braveheart-like scream as he gets pulled off by the folks around him. Blood all over bisco kid's face, shirt and formerly fresh flat breezy. The cops/medics arrived about that time and took over the situation.

Shit was crazy as hell.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2013 5:26 PM

lol 5:21

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2013 5:36 PM

LOL Quicksand rocking some phat beats on Ableton Live 9

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2013 5:53 PM

My pinning was a huge deal, and happened the night after 10k after everyone left and our kids got permission to stay on the land for a few days and clean up before we left for yellowstone and glacier during the off days between 10k and seattle. Camp was kicking, a few off our kids where in the kitchen getting dinner ready, some kids where getting the fire started, and me and dawn and few others where out on a groundscore mission. This was just after the sun went down, we where walking up to camp (camp goodness sponsered by cookies, that is!!!) when 7-8 of our kids are walking towards me with this distinct look on their face. Now, about my actual pinning... Catch me in the real world sometime, ill tell you over a bowl, but something like that is just to personal to discuss over the internet. Lets just say it was special. I will say this, after i got pinned, dawn gives me this huge kiss and is like "baby you deserved that."
After i got pinned we all had a huge celebration. It was a special time. We had a huge family dinner, and after dinner a sheet was put in a bottle of orange juice and everyone was ceremonially dropped by the Rev.

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2013 7:47 PM

LOL!! At 5:21

Posted by Anonymous | July 18, 2013 9:36 PM

Ugh spare us a new Quicksand album considering their second and thankfully last one Manic Compression sucked ass...like half of Slip did.

The only good thing this band ever put out was their debut ep which was a cool Fugazi / Jane's Addiction ripoff and half of Slip.

Hi, I'm Walter Schriefels. I couldn't make it with Rival Schools, I'm not making enough money with Rival School or my pretentious acoustic shit complete with barfbag covers of Sick Of It All's It's Clobberin' Time and Agnostic Front's Victim In Pain, so I think I'll dust off Quicksand again for some Quickcash.

PBBBTTTT!!!! You were a no-hit wonder 1991-96 and no one gave a fuck about the '98 reunion so just stop. Stop at the reunion shows and let it go. Do a new band with Sammy, only play some real rock 'n' roll not this British wannabe shit you've been doing since 2001. Fuck, do a new hardcore band with Sammy, Arthur, Charlie, and Civ, only don't call it Civ or play Civ songs. Do a new Civ or Gorilla Biscuits record, or do both. Anything but bore us to death with more indie rock.

Posted by D | July 19, 2013 12:37 AM

Stop this reunion shit. Nobody cares about quicksand. Its fuckin 2013.

Posted by Anonymous | July 19, 2013 6:24 AM

"Ugh, barfbag, pbbtt"

What the hell are you saying?!

Posted by Anonymous | July 19, 2013 7:30 AM

Posted by Anonymous | July 19, 2013 10:02 AM

5:21 won brooklyn vegan

Posted by Anonymous | July 19, 2013 11:13 AM

Quicksand did a 98 reunion? I don't remember that.

There should never be another Gorilla Biscuits record, that's just stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | July 19, 2013 12:31 PM

D: talking out of his pre-pubescent ass since: forever.

Posted by Anonymous | July 19, 2013 4:15 PM

4:15pm You so riled up about what my so-called pre-pubescent ass you felt the need to invoke me: forever.

How am I "talking out of my ass". Quicksand's second record blew and half the first record blew. Why is Walter doing Quicksand again after 15 years of no activity? Cuz he's not making it with Rival Schools. Just like John Joseph is doing his Cro-Mags cover band and calling it "Cro-Mags" because he couldn't make it with Both Worlds or Bloodclot and is afraid to do a new band because of those flops. It's standard procedure for '80s NYHC guys to go back to what sells when their new shit smells (imagined by them or actually - both in the case of Wally and JJ.)

Quicksand had maybe six exceptional songs and three of them were on their debut ep (the lone clunker on that record being the one with the Skinnerbox trumpeter.)

7:30am Read it and weep (some more) bitch.

12:31pm I wouldn't mind a new GB record as long as it was a 7".

6:24pm Word.

Posted by D | July 19, 2013 6:47 PM

I like the ep.
I like Slip.
I like 3 songs from Manic Compression.

I like GB more than Quicksand though.

Posted by Anonymous | July 20, 2013 9:11 PM

The ep is solid save the trumpet song. Slip is so-so at best. MC is worse than Slip thus blows. Quicksand is total 5 out of 10 rock.

This band was not so great the first time so why there is buzz about them sticking around beyond reunion shows is beyond me. Their discography is pretty weak overall and they got worse with every release as opposed to GB who got better (demo to 7" to lp.)

Posted by D | July 20, 2013 11:01 PM

"Slip" is a stone classic. Cut the crap, kids.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2013 7:44 AM

"Quicksand did a 98 reunion? I don't remember that."

Yep, toured with Snapcase and Deftones and got a fucking terrible reaction, and soon broke up again.

Walter was supposedly really close to doing another GB record when Pete Wentz was dangling some money in front of him. Of course, that was 5 or 6 years ago, when he was saying in interviews how much he hated Quicksand and didn't know why people bothered him about it, wished it would go away and all that. But like the theme of most of the posts here, money talks. Every project he's done has been worse and more poorly received than the one before. He put Rival Schools back together to very moderate care from people and he's trying to milk that for what its worth. A few labels wet themselves with QS reunited and started offering stupid money. We'll definitely get a new record. It'll be poorly received, lose a shitload of money and that'll be that. Their reunion hype has already really subsided.

Posted by StayStuckin the Quicksand | July 23, 2013 3:00 PM

"@6:24 that's funny, cuz they just played a bunch of sold-out shows. so, somebody cares!"

Some of them were; not all. In fact, some did really poorly.

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2013 3:59 PM

I wish quicksand would get back together and play some shows

Posted by Anonymous | July 24, 2013 10:27 AM

discography is pretty weak overall and they got well too

Posted by aluguel de brinquedos niterói | April 3, 2014 7:47 PM

Ye sorry about that I just re-read your comment and I must have read it wrong the frst time, my apologies.

Posted by Gavyn | May 17, 2014 5:27 AM

The result of this work was very good! I had the opportunity to see live and I loved it!

Posted by Ar ondicionado | July 27, 2014 1:51 PM

Oh my, Elly is just captivating in her androgynous beauty. I've loved La Roux since those first tracks came out 6 years ago. I would love to meet her.

Posted by Anon | October 9, 2014 11:58 AM